Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

VanillaGorilla posted:

Also, jesus christ even deleting a character has a 5 minute queue, who designed this lovecraftian nightmare?

This might actually be a smart thing rather than a sign of poor engineering. In anticipation of a huge launch rush, implementing a queue system for stuff like that can prevent server crashes which would take much longer to recover from than 5 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

At what level do you get the necklace/ring/earring? I think I only have the weapon.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Gearhead posted:

The Stalker step is mildly jacked up, since you can't trade or use the AH at that level without Premium. And I swear to god I got a WARLOCK weapon, and every other kind of stabby and smashy thing.

But no bangle.

Ah, I'll try to find the AH and see if I can get the breakthrough that way.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

wfwon posted:

At what level do you get the necklace/ring/earring? I think I only have the weapon.

15 and up.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Xavier434 posted:

This might actually be a smart thing rather than a sign of poor engineering. In anticipation of a huge launch rush, implementing a queue system for stuff like that can prevent server crashes which would take much longer to recover from than 5 minutes.

That's always been there for some reason, I don't think it's ever going away.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009
The bid loot system is pretty absurd, although I suppose it's a way to bilk pubbies for silver by bidding up garbage. It just takes entirely too long to deal with loot once you've defeated a boss and there are like 7 things to bid on.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
I like the bid system, but the timer needs to be shorter. It just slowly counts down then someone will wait until the last second to bid.

Also, it really should scale up auto-increase more. Overall, I think it's good. Yes, it does slow things down a little bit.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Windchilla posted:

The bid loot system is pretty absurd, although I suppose it's a way to bilk pubbies for silver by bidding up garbage. It just takes entirely too long to deal with loot once you've defeated a boss and there are like 7 things to bid on.

The bid system is one of my favorite ways to make money, I love forcing a bidding war on an item a pubbie really wants, forcing him to shill out a bunch of silver, then getting part of the take.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Kimsemus posted:

The bid system is one of my favorite ways to make money, I love forcing a bidding war on an item a pubbie really wants, forcing him to shill out a bunch of silver, then getting part of the take.

I suddenly have an increased desire to start leveling my character.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

By the way, you can click the icon next to the YES/NO buttons on the bid window and get a list of everything that's up for bid with toggles to choose if you even want to be considered for a bid or not.

Once people get more experienced with the game and realize this is a thing, loot will go faster.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

ahah gently caress this game. Every class but mine.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I want a BNS phone app so I can manage my craft guilds while I am at work. Speaking of, when do Soul Warden recipes start needing trapping materials, and which ones do they need?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

What server are people rolling on since Mushin is closed?

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Old Man Cho.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Amante posted:

Old Man Cho.

Hah, Old Man Cho is closed to new characters as well.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

GreyPowerVan posted:

Hah, Old Man Cho is closed to new characters as well.

There is a schedule where servers will open and close for new characters.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
2 hour wait on Mushin currently.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Kaddish posted:

That's uh...actually better than yesterday.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Kimsemus posted:

That's uh...actually better than yesterday.

Funny story - I was drinking Friday night and queued up sometime around 1am. I totally forgot about it and went to bed. Woke up the next day and I was in the game. So I was AFK for probably a good 8 or 9 hours. They really need to implement that timer.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Kaddish posted:

Sitting at 194 minutes on as premium. May be time to check out Old Man Cho when that opens up.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
so if you want to delete a character, it takes 7 days. lol

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

that's not a cash grab for more character slots or anything

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Evil_Greven posted:

e: Force Master's Ice Rain (2 key) + Cold Snap (Z key) remains hilarious.

How is Force Master anyways? It's the class I've been most interested in but nobody ever particularly talks in-depth about them. Like, what the general flow of battle feels like and stuff.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

YoshiOfYellow posted:

How is Force Master anyways? It's the class I've been most interested in but nobody ever particularly talks in-depth about them. Like, what the general flow of battle feels like and stuff.

I've been playing FM, just about at 20 now. Extremely bursty, has a serious glass jaw. It hasn't KILLED me yet, but I can definitely see where it will one day. Everything in the game wants to run up and punch you in the face and FM is all about trying to keep things at a distance. God HELP anything that gets crit by them, because they have a follow up that is expressly 'And now Vegita as HARD AS YOU CAN.'

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,

Kaddish posted:

Is it actually two hours or is it just saying two hours? Because two hours turns into six hours since people don't log off.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug
Is there a way to remap mouse buttons 4 and 5 etc in this game?

Also: the xbox controller support for this game is pretty decent. There's about 2 or 3 too many button combos out of the dozen or so, but it works well for dicking around with quests.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Evil_Greven posted:

Is it actually two hours or is it just saying two hours? Because two hours turns into six hours since people don't log off.

Turns out it was just saying that. I'm still looking at 194 minutes since I first posted that. It seems to fluctuate between 190 and 210 minutes.

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think its for people who just entered the queue

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I liked Destroyer a lot, so I got that up to near or at cap in beta - then decided to try other classes. Force Master started off a bit poorly because I didn't know what I was doing, and I went to something else. Near end of beta I bumped up to 17-18 on all the classes to try them with points. That's where FM begins to shine, and I figured I'd give it a try on Dirty Cho as an alt for now.

Starting here, you can basically spam alternate LB/RB with occasional 3 for Focus and 1 for finishing. 2 for AE. Once you get to 15+ and do that quest, you can get Ice Rain (changing 2 to single-target murder machine). Ice Rain doesn't start you in combat until it hits... and you can get off several casts of it before it does that (plus maybe regenerate some Focus).

It does good damage for 1 Focus cost - and you can rapid-fire it. Dragonwhorl is great for Focus (especially stage 1 line). The next big thing you get is Cold Snap at 22 - you want to shift points to that immediately, as well as bumping Ice Rain to get more damage hitting things under Cold Snap.

At 22+ you can walk up to something, hit Ice Rain a few times, drop Cold Snap and it will die in a second or two. Next big thing you get is Snowball which you want to get to Stage 2 Tier 1 soon. You can use Dragonwhorl + Snowball to murder something pretty quick after opening with a few Ice Rain.

You'll also want to get Frost Fury (ice F) boosted at some point to Tier 3 Stage 3. I barely use my LB/RB at this point.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 17, 2016

Fly Like Nimbus
Jun 17, 2015

I can say for sure that the approximate time to wait in line is not accurate at all. I've been in queue for almost ten hours and it hasn't changed from its 200 minute wait time estimate. I'm wondering if I might just luck out and get in if I quit and try again

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

Kimsemus posted:

So...wait what, you can force a bid war on an item and then take the pubbie's money afterwards? Huh.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
I was going to play this when it launched as free to play but those old school queue times for the founders event.

:stare:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I did the daily quest for Stalker and when I opened the box, it just disappeared and I got nothing.

Did I do something wrong?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Several aspects of this game have been annoying me since head start, but making a mouse man named Ted Cruz isn't one of them.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Krakatoah posted:

So...wait what, you can force a bid war on an item and then take the pubbie's money afterwards? Huh.

Correct, the way the loot system works, people bid al la auction style on items they want. When someone wins, it splits the money they bid on the item between the rest of the group. Makes it fun to do dungeons especially when I don't want anything, just to take other people's money and drive prices up. I usually can make 10-15s per dungeon doing this in the earliest dungeons, and I'm sure it gets better from there.

It's quite satisfying when a weapon someone needs for the breakthrough on their Hongmoon weapon drops, and you make them pay ten times what they would have had to pay otherwise. They get VERY mad, especially because they KNOW you don't need it, you're just loving them.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Shadowlz posted:

ahah gently caress this game. Every class but mine.

I bought my Stalker one off the AH for like 10 copper.

Blazing Zero posted:

so if you want to delete a character, it takes 7 days. lol

Sounds like a decent hedge against someone hacking your account and deleting your characters.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Fly Like Nimbus posted:

I can say for sure that the approximate time to wait in line is not accurate at all. I've been in queue for almost ten hours and it hasn't changed from its 200 minute wait time estimate. I'm wondering if I might just luck out and get in if I quit and try again

It isn't accurate because people aren't logging out. The game estimates the time based on people actually leaving the game, but then everyone decides to AFK to avoid the queue and no spots ever free up. So the server keeps going, "Probably two hours for all these slots to open up.....oh jeez only three opened so far. Probably two hours for more to open up, people have to stop playing eventually, right?"

It's a problem the players have made themselves. By trying to avoid the queue we've made a lovely queue that makes everyone try to avoid the queue, which makes a lovely queue that makes everyone...

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
which is exactly what happened to archeage, atleast until they added a afk kicker.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

Sounds like a decent hedge against someone hacking your account and deleting your characters.

that's good and all but what if you made some dudes to test the classes out and dont like them? i guess security doesnt come for free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I deleted a character on Friday and it only took 5 minutes. Not sure if I played on it at all before I deleted it, I was doing it to change servers. Seems variable at least.

• Locked thread