Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
THE RACE WAR STARTS NAAAOOOOO

haha loving racist wakka is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah that is going to pay off so well later.

Also Matt you can set the summon animations to a shorter version if you want. It still plays the long one the first time so you won't miss anything.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Watching Matt get excited late in the DKC2 LP because he forgot some levels and gets to reexperience them was super adorable. :3:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I've been playing through FF7 and I have yet to see proof that Sazh is a better guy and father than Barret Wallace.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
that was easily the best fisticuffs they've ever done

I've never been so hype

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/417e3u/votevita_to_debut_next_week/

Liam is single-handedly trying to keep the vita alive it was dead from the start

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Wasn't someone else laughing about Liam pushing dumb Vita polls in a recent video?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
So basically Liam wants companies to spend money to port their games to a platform that they won't sell more than a dozen copies on.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I want to say Matt mentioned how Liam had some poll with very few interested people and yikes, 2k is few. The petition to make Deadpool pg-13 literully has more support than the vita.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I want to say Matt mentioned how Liam had some poll with very few interested people and yikes, 2k is few. The petition to make Deadpool pg-13 literully has more support than the vita.

Who the gently caress wants deadpool pg-13

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
THE RACE WAR STARTS NOWWWWWWWWW is some top-shelf best friends moments

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

Who the gently caress wants deadpool pg-13

Me, I don't particularly care for letting writers have carte blanche with that character as time has proven that Deadpool being able to say gently caress is something they very readily abuse and don't use well in writing. That being said the new movie looks good, but that's despite itself.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
In the end Deadpool is a lame loving character.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nah

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Deadpool's lame when written by lame people.

Like Daniel Way.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Al-Saqr posted:

So basically Liam wants companies to spend money to port their games to a platform that they won't sell more than a dozen copies on.

No he clearly got over 2000 votes and...

okay I can't even joke. Liam knows how game companies work and even if 100% of those people on the internet who took the half second to type up of "I want X game on Vita" there's no reason for a company to go out of its way to start up new ports just for those poeple, even assuming that 2k is only a small percentage of Vita fanbase.

I'm sure most of these companies have at some point down the line thought "Okay where is this game coming out? On What consoles?" and had the Vita discussion. Some nerd in accounting brought up the numbers of all possible Vita owners and they saw it wasn't worth it, why would they now when the argument is an even smaller subset of that whose argument boils down to "Come on, man..." ?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It is possible for it to happen, like the whole reason Dark Souls got a PC version is because people were really vocal about how much they wanted it- which in turn led to Dark Souls 2 getting a PC version and maybe even 3 when it comes out. But it's probably not possible for the Vita, which was basically dead on arrival

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

CJacobs posted:

It is possible for it to happen, like the whole reason Dark Souls got a PC version is because people were really vocal about how much they wanted it- which in turn led to Dark Souls 2 getting a PC version and maybe even 3 when it comes out. But it's probably not possible for the Vita, which was basically dead on arrival

http://store.steampowered.com/app/374320

As someone with a Vita, I can't recommend getting a Vita. Maaaaybe a PSTV but it's stuck in the "No games = No gamers, No gamers = No games" cycle.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Enough people bitched that they made Gravity Rush physical in NA, and that's just as niche considering it's a Vita game, so it's not that impossible as long as it's small scale.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Please sign my counter-petition, #VetoVita, to kill the Vita once and for all

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Liam's like Shenmue fans, but even more crazy.

The Vita is Sony's first console failure (the PSP did ok in Japan at least) and that's killing him.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The smart money is to make PC ports, not vita ports. Liam's just being stupid because that's the least popular option.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Scratch-O posted:

Please sign my counter-petition, #VetoVita, to kill the Vita once and for all

Man, i'm not sure if spoiler tagging will even work since it'll be an obvious enough hint, but Xenoblade Chronicles X spoilers: The final bad guy's mecha is called the Vita. One of your objectives at the end of the game is to Kill The Vita. I kept thinking about Liam during that whole section. :allears:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Adnor posted:

Liam's like Shenmue fans, but even more crazy.

The Vita is Sony's first console failure (the PSP did ok in Japan at least) and that's killing him.

The PSP sold 81 million copies according to wikipedia. In comparison, the same list has the Vita somewhere over 4 million sold (It's a fairly old number but still).

I got my Vita for free and played Persona 4G on it. Otherwise it's been fairly useless aside from the odd indie game port.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I'm reminded of a podcast from a few months ago where Liam said that the Vita totally has 3 or 4 more years left in it.

Anyways, I wonder what the chances are of us getting a Dragon's Dogma one off. Pat seems to really like it going off his twitter and I'd love to see a video of him crawling on cyclops's and throwing goblins off cliffs.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 17, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Rhonne posted:

I'm reminded of a podcast from a few months ago where Liam said that the Vita totally has 3 or 4 more years left in it.

Hardware wise, sure

Not really in any other way though

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Vita is going to have a healthy amount of new anime shovelware for years to come.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Depths posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/417e3u/votevita_to_debut_next_week/

Liam is single-handedly trying to keep the vita alive it was dead from the start

This is just sad now :smith:

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Finally, we've reached the logical conclusion to Liam's character arc.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

http://www.iplaypsvita.com/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2016/

I dunno, seems ok

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

There's probably about 15 vita games I would like to buy, I'll say that. But the PC and 3DS market have to really slow down, and even then I'd rather buy a PS3.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
This will truly be the ultimate test of Liam's naive optimism.

It's like watching a child see his first puppy get cancer and is writing to Santa to ask that he cure it.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
There's people that love certain consoles/machines.

Then there's Liam.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If ever there's another Mecha Week or some mecha-themed video with an intro, make Liam's robot just a vita with cartoony arms and legs

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i like rpgs, and there's a lot of those on vita that i'd like to play, so i'm glad that i got a pstv for $40.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Liam is on the road to become Erik Wolpaw
http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/erik-wolpaws-top-10-games-of-2015/1100-5351/

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I don't think Liam will ever pick up on Louis L'Amour, which is a shame because Conagher was a hell of a man.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I got linked to this and I feel like it justifies the entire FFX LP

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

There's a cheat code to get all the bonus coins in DKC2

from some guy on gamefaqs:
My solution would be simple: Youtube it. Yet I can explain how.(follow my instructions very carefully):
0) go to the very first level
1) Enter K. Rool's cabin WITHOUT touching ANY banana's
2) Immediately exit the cabin
3) Jump over the two banana's outside the cabin and procede to the 4 barrel's that have a banana bunch on top of them(avoiding all enemies(not killing them))
4) Grab the banana's and go back to the cabin avoiding the enemies and banana's
5) Jump over the note(that means get over it without activating the text), grab the balloon, and jump over the note again
6) Repeat steps 3 and 4
7) Grab the Kremkoin that appears over the note
8) Have fun with your 75 Kremkoins!
WARNING: THIS CHEAT WILL NOT PUT THE "!" AFTER THE STAGE'S NAME, YOU STILL HAVE TO EARN ALL THE KOIN'S TO 102% THE GAME

bhlaab fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jan 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I got linked to this and I feel like it justifies the entire FFX LP

:perfect: ?