Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Or its the MCUs first "What if...". It could be "Netflix Presents: Marvels What if... Daredevil Hadnt Ninja-Killed The Punisher".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Apoplexy posted:

Netflix Marvel news: The Punisher may very well be getting his own series with Bernthal in the role. Everyone is pleased.

Not everyone.

Rarity posted:

Yet Jessica Jones S2 remains unannounced :negative:

Exactly. gently caress Punisher. He's a disgrace to heroes, police, and military men.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
He seems a pretty apt representation of police and military men, actually.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
The Punisher is a great character and people who try to assign moral value to comic book fiction are the real monsters.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Kheldarn posted:

Not everyone.

Exactly. gently caress Punisher. He's a disgrace to heroes, police, and military men.

he is a drawing actually

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kheldarn posted:

Yea he's a real disgrace unlike American hero Chris Kyle. :911:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Soothing Vapors posted:

he is a drawing actually

He shares an origin with April O'Neil??

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Light Gun Man posted:

He shares an origin with April O'Neil??

And Automan.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

he is a drawing actually

Huge if true.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Jessica Jones is getting a second season! http://deadline.com/2016/01/marvels-jessica-jones-renewed-season-2-netflix-1201684670/

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

This would probably come out in, what, late 2018 or early 2019?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

PerniciousKnid posted:

I'd guess next year if not sooner. They had a quick turnaround on Daredevil's second season after all.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

PerniciousKnid posted:

It doesn't usually take that long to film a season of TV. If this were airing weekly, it'd be getting a renewal right around episode 10 or 12. Sometime in the first half of 2017 would be my guess.

e: \/\/ Oh yeah, it would have to come after that I guess.

AtraMorS fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 17, 2016

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Sarandos clarified that JJ S2's timing depends on Defenders (which is contractually obligated to begin production by a certain date), so it sounds like it's a ways off.

Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

Not to bring up the earplugs debate again, but when everyone in the hospital is going nuts trying to find and kill Jessica there's a janitor with headphones on just casually mopping away in the background. So in conclusion, I don't know how the hell his powers work.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's both. The pheromones are how he controls people, but it's not telepathy and they need to be able to hear his commands.

But the characters don't know that.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I could have sworn he pointed at least once, but maybe not.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
They should just film all these shows at once then release them over the course a few years at this point. :v:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

odiv posted:

I could have sworn he pointed at least once, but maybe not.

He did, when he told Simpson to jump off the roof.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He didn't just do that, he gave a verbal command too.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

Yet Jessica Jones S2 remains unannounced :negative:

Netflix reads this thread :tinfoil:

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

He also misspeaks and makes people do things by accident, like his "go screw yourself" anecdote, or "put a bullet in your head" becoming "in Trish's mouth."

It sounds like the virus/pheromone thing is what makes people *willing* to do things, but there's nothing special about how he communicates the specifics. Someone who didn't speak English would probably be "immune" to anything but universal gestures. Someone who's deaf might still be controllable by writing.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
You know I don't know why they made it a virus instead of just saying he releases these pheromones, not like the virus is more realistic

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

You know I don't know why they made it a virus instead of just saying he releases these pheromones, not like the virus is more realistic

It makes the vaccine thing more plausible.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

achillesforever6 posted:

Because a virus is a good metaphor for patriarchy and abuse.

Viruses also require less explanation for a general audience than pheromones.

AtraMorS fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jan 18, 2016

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
"Patriarchy"

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Xealot posted:

He also misspeaks and makes people do things by accident, like his "go screw yourself" anecdote, or "put a bullet in your head" becoming "in Trish's mouth."

It sounds like the virus/pheromone thing is what makes people *willing* to do things, but there's nothing special about how he communicates the specifics. Someone who didn't speak English would probably be "immune" to anything but universal gestures. Someone who's deaf might still be controllable by writing.
This is why I feel headphones wouldn't really work. They would have to absolutely, without a sliver of a doubt, be sound-proof and keep your mind occupied enough to not be able to register the faintest hint of him saying, for example, "stop". The impression I get from his powers is that the controlled person unwittingly helps himself be controlled. He himself says that he technically didn't tell Jessica to kill, only to "take care of her".

Like if you couldn't hear a thing in the headphones, but saw Kilgrave quite obviously mouth the word "stop" and make a take-your-headphones-off motion with his hands wouldn't you obviously realize what he means and do it? The 'virus' has already infected you and you 100% realize what he wants you to do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In the comic it's all verbal.

In the show he's dead so it doesn't matter.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
If Kilgrave looked at me and I obviously realized he meant that I should stop being a nerd about about comic book villains and their power levels because it's pointless would I really stop if he didn't verbally say it?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Obviously the solution is to splice some audio of Kilgrave saying "Ignore all of my commands".

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
If Kilgrave asked the guard that always lies a question, would he have to tell the truth?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Alias Investigations has an actual to God working phone number. Call up your Marvel waifu now!!!!

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

HIJK posted:

Alias Investigations has an actual to God working phone number. Call up your Marvel waifu now!!!!

2017 isn't "soon" :(

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Will stop by the address and take photos soon. Hope I'm not arrested?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

jscolon2.0 posted:

Will stop by the address and take photos soon. Hope I'm not arrested?

Climb up to a fire escape and do it from there!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

HIJK posted:

Trish answers with a, "It's Patsy!"?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I really wanna be your friend~

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gyges posted:

Trish answers with a, "It's Patsy!"?

It should be random each time you call, with one of them being Killgrave...

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kheldarn posted:

It should be random each time you call, with one of them being Killgrave...

"Why is the Tenth Doctor on my cellphone?"

"Why wouldn't he be?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
So I finally binged through the latter two thirds of this series.

I liked it. It was creepy as hell and the acting/casting was great.

The main thing that bothered me was that when Jessica ripped a lock off the door or she tore a grate off the window there was no dust or splinters or anything. It looked like it was poorly glued on.