Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Even on the most lowdown wrestling discussion areas I've been to I've been to where people would outright say that kind of thing i've never seen someone say they hate Roman and want him to go away because he's Samoan. Its usually the bad booking and bad promos/segments. I'm sure people exist who fit that bill but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

some genius booker posted:

I got an angle that will make WWE all of the money.

Bayley starts getting teased by the other divas for her big rear end. Stay with me, this isn't a Molly Holly situation. She's a babyface, the heels are teasing her. They can even do sing-song chant of the thread title, channeling Henry Gardenhoser. "BAY-LEY'S GOT A BIIIIG BUTT". Being awkward Bayley, her feelings are hurt and she starts going to great lenghts to cover up her rear end. It leads to her wearing looser gear in the ring, which hinders her agility and flexibility and causes her to lose matches. After a vintage WWE losing streak, we see a backstage segment with Bayley and Naomi. Naomi tells Bayley that she used to get teased for her big rear end too. When she was a kid for taking swim lessons, her coach would criticize her for her butt sticking out of the water. Also, we saw Kaitlyn tease her on NXT. There were times when Naomi condemned her genetics, and dieted/worked out constantly to try to lose it. But eventually, she had to accept who she is. she had to...

EMBRACE THE rear end!

They form a tag team and both wear EMBRACE THE rear end t-shirts, which sell like asscheeks hotcakes. New Attitude Era, New Boom Period, all of it.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

This is why wrestling will never replace ballet as an art form. No one fantasy books the Swan to win and grow massive Swan tits.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
only if John Cena gets a RISE ABOVE rear end t-shirt too

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

reddit posted:

Do you think WWE will rename AJ Styles? What would you call him? I like "Slay Jets" because it's a cool sounding anagram and fits his high flying style (no pun intended)

The majority of guys are forced to change their names.

I dunno. AJ Styles sounds like a gay hairdresser. "Slay Jets" is way cooler.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

hulkamatt namechange pls

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

rename AJ Styles El Hijo de Roman Reigns and make him wrestle in a rubber John Cena mask

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
My drag name is Slay Jets, I do beyonce songs dressed as a female greaser

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

actually, Kalisto is the gay hairdresser

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
In this age of equality you could never do an angle based on a woman's rear end, not unless you're willing to do angles about men's asses too, and WWE obviously wouldn

wait

gently caress

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

yaaaaaaaas slay jets!

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Von Linus posted:

This is why wrestling will never replace ballet as an art form. No one fantasy books the Swan to win and grow massive Swan tits.

I googled "swan tits" and am now wondering if you were making a double reference.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Ostentatious posted:

rename AJ Styles El Hijo de Roman Reigns and make him wrestle in a rubber John Cena mask

Please stop stealing my El Torito pushes

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

I love how this guy thinks big asses is domehow going to be the 2nd coming of the attitude era when it was Austin. do people honestly think the attitude era was great because of puppies chants?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Butts Crew rebirth?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

pls change name to Asscheeks Hotcakes tia

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Slay Jets sounds like the random name you get generated in an Mdickie game.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

if WWE is just going to anagram the new signee's names, then I hope Nakamura gets SUKKEN MARIHUANAS.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I saw Slay Jets open for MGMT. They were decent.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

super macho dude posted:

if WWE is just going to anagram the new signee's names, then I hope Nakamura gets SUKKEN MARIHUANAS.
It's not like it matters, he's just going to get jobbed out to keep Mr Reasoning look strong.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Slay Jets

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

That right there is a Santa who couldn't give less of a gently caress.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Jack Anderson posted:

That right there is a Santa who couldn't give less of a gently caress.

he's racing off to beat the poo poo out of scott auckerman

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Way late but:

Defiance Industries posted:

He was a college star at UGA. His inability to have the slightest measure of success at the pro level after that is just the result of how much more difficult it is at the pro level.

He actually played for Georgia Tech and he was loving terrible. I don't think he was ever a starter.

We're still gladly claiming Goldberg, who actually started in college and got playing time in actual NFL games.

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jan 19, 2016

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Way late but:

He actually played for Georgia Tech and he was loving terrible. I don't think he was ever a starter.

We're still gladly claiming Goldberg, who actually started in college and got playing time in actual NFL games.

Google-fu tells me he was apparently first team all-ACC as the #1 vote-getter at DT his senior year.

http://www.goduke.com/pdf3/53434.pdf

Admittedly Reggie Ball got an honorable mention so this says nothing about how good Roman was.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Roman Reigns was about as successful of a football player as Baron Corbin was.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Ostentatious posted:

Roman Reigns was about as successful of a football player as Baron Corbin was.

Pretty Fuckin Good? Takes an extreme level of talent to even make it to the levels they did.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

love nerds trying to holler about how the jock wasn't even that good at sports

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
esports are the only real sports anyway.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Whoa I didn't know Reigns played a season in the CFL. I need a Reigns Edmonton Eskimos jersey.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

VileLL posted:

love nerds trying to holler about how the jock wasn't even that good at sports

It's actually ok to critique things you don't have personal experience with, as it can be pretty easy to tell if a movie/song/food/athlete is good without having participated in the creation or field of that thing. This is a thing it is ok for people to do

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's actually ok to critique things you don't have personal experience with, as it can be pretty easy to tell if a movie/song/food/athlete is good without having participated in the creation or field of that thing. This is a thing it is ok for people to do

As long as you actually say something not really goddamn stupid like "Roman Reigns
was not good at football."

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm not good at football.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Aesop Poprock posted:

If someone continuously makes a fool of themselves with ill-informed opinions it's also ok to ignore anything they say, forever.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

As long as you actually say something not really goddamn stupid like "Roman Reigns
was not good at football."

Was Ryan Leaf a good football player? Like, I loving loved Dan Lefevour since I'm a CMU grad, but I'm not going to take offense if someone says he's not a good football player, because it's pretty clear when someone says that they mean "he didn't make it in the NFL."
A ton of players are drafted and don't make it in the NFL. Obviously you have to have talent to get there and the odds of even being drafted are astronomical, but when someone says such-and-such player "isn't good" it's obviously in relation to the pinnacle of football talent in the NFL and not the other guy named Joe next door who played in high school.

Edit: And it's pretty clear he couldn't cut it at an NFL level. I don't really have an opinion on him either way (my big issue is with his booking, not him) so it's not like I'm out to get him. You don't have to run a 4.4 40 to make it in the WWE, and basically anyone who's a failed NFL player could potentially make a stellar professional wrestler.

sleepwalkers fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jan 19, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

It was very convenient of you guys to have this discussion in this thread so thanks for that.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Blast Fantasto posted:

Whoa I didn't know Reigns played a season in the CFL. I need a Reigns Edmonton Eskimos jersey.

Bold move to wear number 99 in Edmonton.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
"Roman Reigns was not good enough at football to have an NFL career"

Bold statement: No one who is good enough to have an NFL career is becoming a wrestler instead

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I was kind of being facetious.

I mean, Lesnar sucked in the NFL too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
What if Shawn Oakman becomes a wrestler