Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I think there's a fundamental issue somewhere because TSM has been such a reactive team for the past 1.5 splits and at least the first two games of this one. It doesn't really seem like they have a game plan other than hoping to just win every lane through sheer talent and then win the game in mid game. But for the most part teams are talented enough that you need to do something to force pressure early to win lanes and start to snowball. You can't just farm for awhile and then win anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I don't like a single move they made except honker and I was just kind of hoping they'd make it work somehow but this team is nonsense and always was.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Can we relegate the entire region?

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Oh double

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Of course he arcane shifts forwards vs a team with Alistar and Elise. Of course he does. Why wouldn't he, he's Doublelift

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
That was magical. :allears:

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Blue build ez also isn't great with this comp. I like him with a Fiora or Jax top, but this makes Bjergsen the sole threat on the team.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
it's amazing how tsm, clg and dig have basically not changed at all over the years even tho their rosters are entirely different

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Work Friend Keven posted:

I don't like a single move they made except honker and I was just kind of hoping they'd make it work somehow but this team is nonsense and always was.

I like the Honker pick up too and I actually think the bot lane could be fine, altho I think pairing Doublelift with Yellowstar was a fundamental mismatch that doesn't actually make sense to me.

Svenskeren as the jungler also doesn't seem like a good fit. You want a supportive jungler and a strong laning support and idgi.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

There must have been someone better than Doublelift and Yellowstar to pick from.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

NovemberMike posted:

Blue build ez also isn't great with this comp. I like him with a Fiora or Jax top, but this makes Bjergsen the sole threat on the team.

Blue Ezreal is fine with this comp if you got early jungle pressure and ganked mid and hid Ezreal in a side lane until he hit some item spikes.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

There must have been someone better than Doublelift and Yellowstar to pick from.

Take Adrian import Freeze, easy

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I want to know if this is a newly cohesive TL, but it's hard to account for how much TSM is handing them on a plate. Individually the 3 new guys look amazing.

3 English guys make the plays together while their highly mechanical carries do the Korean things?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

rabidsquid posted:

I like the Honker pick up too and I actually think the bot lane could be fine, altho I think pairing Doublelift with Yellowstar was a fundamental mismatch that doesn't actually make sense to me.

Svenskeren as the jungler also doesn't seem like a good fit. You want a supportive jungler and a strong laning support and idgi.

Yellowstar is good obv but I don't think he has the same power as he did in fnatic to create a good situation for himself + they already had double and yeah that's a mismatch. Sven is like... who cares. He's not good in a way that matters for tsm. I don't know where TSM's game play identity comes from exactly but it's never ever changed since season one, they just have better players so I think you've just got to be aware of that and lean into that and play around mid and have extremely strong laners and a supportive jungler and a super active support.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

Blue Ezreal is fine with this comp if you got early jungle pressure and ganked mid and hid Ezreal in a side lane until he hit some item spikes.

It seems like a waste to pair him with Kench. It just worked out well with bjerg but Kench gives your carries the freedom to pick something a little less mobile and get some extra power. Blue Ez gives up a lot of raw damage and power for tons of utility.

hypnorotic
May 4, 2009
Holy poo poo Piglet PogChamp

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Piglet appears to be pretty good at this League of Legends game.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

It's weird because it's almost like TSM actively dislike playing around Bjerg when that's what they need to be doing.

It's also weird that TSM picked a team comp with only zero champs with team fight ults and keep team fighting

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

NovemberMike posted:

It seems like a waste to pair him with Kench. It just worked out well with bjerg but Kench gives your carries the freedom to pick something a little less mobile and get some extra power. Blue Ez gives up a lot of raw damage and power for tons of utility.

Top lane Tahm wants to be devouring enemies, he doesn't really open up the same sort of hyper carries support Tahm does.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
yellowstar should have been a great pickup in the sense that historically tsm have never had a clue what to do past around 30m if they're not winning massively. people keep talking about a laning support but tsm have never really had a problem with laning. it doesn't matter how good their laning is if they just run around in circles late game because bjerg can't shot call

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The funny part is tsm will probably still win this game because TL's team identity is a fat toddler who's walking towards his moms leg as fast as he can.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I have a feeling we may have seen the last of your boy Dom for awhile and probably Smoothie too. This team looks vastly better than the one that played yesterday.

Also Piglet was clearly the right person to build around despite a strong keep Keith campaign.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

Top lane Tahm wants to be devouring enemies, he doesn't really open up the same sort of hyper carries support Tahm does.

He does when he's ahead but outside of catches using W on allies seems to open up more avenues of play in an even fight.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

yellowstar should have been a great pickup in the sense that historically tsm have never had a clue what to do past around 30m if they're not winning massively. people keep talking about a laning support but tsm have never really had a problem with laning. it doesn't matter how good their laning is if they just run around in circles late game because bjerg can't shot call

DL loses a lot of his strengths if he's not able to 2v2 lane. We haven't really seen them try to unlock Yellowstar for roams either. It seems like the team doesn't have an identity. They chose a pick comp that relies on them having strong jungle and mid lane control and Sven and Bjerg totally failed to execute that. They also keep trying to team fight when they have a top and jungler that don't have actual ults, and they don't have the burst damage to follow up on a bard ult unless they're perfectly positioned.

I don't think YS/DL is a good lane pairing. There are arguments to have either individually but their skills don't match up.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Libertine posted:

I have a feeling we may have seen the last of your boy Dom for awhile and probably Smoothie too. This team looks vastly better than the one that played yesterday.

Also Piglet was clearly the right person to build around despite a strong keep Keith campaign.

wait until they bring out fabbby

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Thank god someone finally built Talisman on Alistar. This Matt guy is all right by me.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Lmao the crowd.

Also wtf was Fenix doing that fight??

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

lmao the throws

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I think Blue Ezreal is the strongest possible ADC right now but it absolutely requires a very high skill floor or is almost totally useless

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

shockwave.na

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

this crowd is losing their loving minds

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

The funny part is tsm will probably still win this game because TL's team identity is a fat toddler who's walking towards his moms leg as fast as he can.

Keven the fucken PROPHET

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
this whole thing was just terrible

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Killed By Death posted:

Lmao the crowd.

Also wtf was Fenix doing that fight??

Waiting for Gnar to flash ult, probably. Terrible, terrible play by Lourlo.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

what an amazing throw

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Lovechop posted:

this whole thing was just terrible

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

:wtc:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Shoutout to Keven for urging us not to lose hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

What a loving clown loving fiesta. Relegate the region.

• Locked thread