Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones

staberind posted:

In Mod related stuff : Sick of burning out your scroll wheel? http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3644/ scrollbars in menus, among other things, better fonts for pipboy, Yay.

I was hoping for something SkyUI like for this game. I honestly hate the pipboy menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Well, Pre F4CK, this is pretty good.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
So hey, uh, might anybody be able to tell me what's going on here? I just updated OCDecorator and Homemaker today, and I've just noticed that the Food category is completely absent from my settlement build lists... which is kind of a problem, considering food is kind of important. The worst thing is I'm not 100% that it has to do with those updates, since I did a bunch of updating over the past week or so and have only now tried to find food on the list. I'm wondering if the issue is something to do with Settlement Keywords, maybe just moving Food to some other tab?? Whatever the case, here's my load order:

Fallout4.esm
ArmorKeywords.esm
SettlementKeywords.esm
Homemaker.esm
ConcealedArmor.esm
SpringCleaning.esm
OCDecorator.esp
OCDispenser.esp
AlternateSettlements.esp
Safe SSEx.esp
Homemaker - SSEx Compatibility Patch.esp
MojaveImports.esp
OCDecorator - Mojave Imports Extension.esp
BetterSettlers.esp
Business Settlements.esp
Armorsmith Extended.esp
ConcealedArmor.esp
Simple Intersection.esp
SC_ExpandedScrapList.esp
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - Ballistic Weave.esp
EferasShoulderBag.esp
ZW's F4 Power Armor Overhaul.esp
Killable Children.esp
OldStyleCriticals.esp
Caliber Conversion Kit.esp
Companion Infinite Ammo.esp

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Double-check that you're not in the airport 'settlement' - it (and possibly others?) disables the Food category.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
... Jesus Christ, wow. I swear to God, I'd first noticed it not being there in Sanctuary and kept testing with different mods disabled in that exact settlement because it was like three steps from where I had last saved. Works again in Sanctuary, so I'm wondering if it ever even didn't work there to begin with.

Thanks for helping my dumb rear end.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Not sure if this is the correct thread, instead of the other two. But, I'm experiencing a weird bug where my weapons and arms, pip boy included, disappear.

Haven't read through the whole thread(s) either cuz of spoilers.

Is there an unofficial patch that addresses this?

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
Okay, there actually IS some sort of issue, and I think it's to do with using the Settlement Keywords versions of my various settlement mods. I noticed that OCDecorator was still on the standalone version, which it says conflicts with Settlement Keywords. When I changed it over to the SK version, suddenly the Stores menu disappeared. Changing it back to standalone made it come back, so I guess I'll just run it this way for now, conflicts or not.

Mostly unrelated, but could somebody who's skilled with FO4Edit make a patch for Settlement Supplies Expanded that removes all of its menus except for the Trees menu? I got SSEx before I knew Homemaker, Alternate Settlements, and OCDecorator existed, and now the only reason I still keep it around is because it lets me place pre-war trees. Figure removing any non-essential menus might help with these weird issues I'm having.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Paranoid Peanut posted:

Not sure if this is the correct thread, instead of the other two. But, I'm experiencing a weird bug where my weapons and arms, pip boy included, disappear.

Haven't read through the whole thread(s) either cuz of spoilers.

Is there an unofficial patch that addresses this?

Go into third person and back again to fix it. I think it's V on pc.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

Okay, there actually IS some sort of issue, and I think it's to do with using the Settlement Keywords versions of my various settlement mods. I noticed that OCDecorator was still on the standalone version, which it says conflicts with Settlement Keywords. When I changed it over to the SK version, suddenly the Stores menu disappeared. Changing it back to standalone made it come back, so I guess I'll just run it this way for now, conflicts or not.

Mostly unrelated, but could somebody who's skilled with FO4Edit make a patch for Settlement Supplies Expanded that removes all of its menus except for the Trees menu? I got SSEx before I knew Homemaker, Alternate Settlements, and OCDecorator existed, and now the only reason I still keep it around is because it lets me place pre-war trees. Figure removing any non-essential menus might help with these weird issues I'm having.

Untill certain weird things get ironed out, disable settlement keywords, it will gently caress over any mod that does not adhere to its policies. and stores was aparrently moved to resources, I've not seen any there, so, ymmv.

I think homemaker has tree's.

A good rule of thumb is to move settlement mods to the top of your load order, then crafting mods after, followed by anything else that conceivably adds things, and finally everything else.

Dunno, I have had plenty of troubles and glitches, but thats a new one on me
VVVVVVVVVVVV

staberind fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jan 17, 2016

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Is there any known fix yet for when your weapons just kinda decide to take 20 seconds to load (not exaggerating) when you try to switch. It's starting to drive me insane.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Is there any known fix yet for when your weapons just kinda decide to take 20 seconds to load (not exaggerating) when you try to switch. It's starting to drive me insane.

I don't think so. The theory is that it's a loading delay - after the first time you switch to a weapon, the next switch will be instant. The workaround is to switch through all your weapons once as soon as you load the game.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Hit F to bring up the favorites menu and then the favorite number, instead of just hitting the number. For whatever reason that works instantly and doesn't have the same bug. Also switching in the pip-boy menu always works.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
:GarveyNice : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8574/ a standalone crafting table for modded in weapons. For:
The M9 pistol mod seems to work well, a fine alternative to pipes for that common ammo.http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8421/
AK-2047 : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8181/ all in all, well done, recycling some meshes from the base game, anymodanyweapon should be interesting as well, if it works...

Bonus OMGWTFBBQ http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8545/

staberind fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jan 17, 2016

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Entropic posted:

Also switching in the pip-boy menu always works.

There can still be the delay, but the game is paused.

E: hth

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jan 18, 2016

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

gromdul posted:

There can still be the delay, but the game is paused.

Huh? The game does not pause when you bring up the favorites menu.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur

staberind posted:

Untill certain weird things get ironed out, disable settlement keywords, it will gently caress over any mod that does not adhere to its policies. and stores was aparrently moved to resources, I've not seen any there, so, ymmv.

I think homemaker has tree's.

A good rule of thumb is to move settlement mods to the top of your load order, then crafting mods after, followed by anything else that conceivably adds things, and finally everything else.

Dunno, I have had plenty of troubles and glitches, but thats a new one on me
VVVVVVVVVVVV

Unfortunately, I can't disable Settlement Keywords, as the creator of Alternate Settlements decided it would be a great idea to switch over to it and not continue providing a non-SK option. It wasn't just an issue of the menu being moved, though, I can tell you that. I had seen it under Resources before, and when I checked it was simply not there. The same went for OCDecorator's SK version: the menu was simply absent.

Also I know Homemaker has trees, but only the post-war ones without leaves. SSex is for some reason the only one I've found that lets you place the pre-war trees with leaves, which I've used to dress up Sanctuary.

UncannyMelon
Jan 9, 2008

Why hello there!

Entropic posted:

Hit F to bring up the favorites menu and then the favorite number, instead of just hitting the number. For whatever reason that works instantly and doesn't have the same bug. Also switching in the pip-boy menu always works.

Dunno-Lars posted:

Go into third person and back again to fix it. I think it's V on pc.

THANK YOU.

If I had a nickel for every time I had to choke on my rage as I mimed holding a gun while a mutant hound chewed my nuts off.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

UncannyMelon posted:

THANK YOU.

If I had a nickel for every time I had to choke on my rage as I mimed holding a gun while a mutant hound chewed my nuts off.

If it helps, I was pissed as gently caress as well until I found out how to fix it. Luckily I figured it out before I got to Boston city itself, or I would probably have quit playing. I can't seem to figure out what causes the bug, which really annoys me.

The "any mod on any weapon" mod is pretty fun, I would highly recommend playing around with it. Don't leave it on, according to the description, enemies use the mod and can get some pretty weird results.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

ulmont posted:

I don't think so. The theory is that it's a loading delay - after the first time you switch to a weapon, the next switch will be instant. The workaround is to switch through all your weapons once as soon as you load the game.

I know that it's a loading problem, but it sometimes "forgets" about weapons pretty soon even after I switch through them, as fast as a minute later. I have 8 GB RAM so I don't feel like this should be a problem to remember the data for 6 guns (and it definitely shouldn't take 20 seconds when it does happen). Most recently this led to me having to run away from a radroach of all things for 10 seconds until diamond city security came over and baseball batted it, because I physically could not attack. Once it starts loading a weapon like this, neither the favorites menu nor pipboy menu will fix it (in fact they can even make it worse by switching to a different weapon than the one you told it to, somehow).

I will try only ever using the favorites menu and see if that keeps it from happening in the first place.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I know that it's a loading problem, but it sometimes "forgets" about weapons pretty soon even after I switch through them, as fast as a minute later. I have 8 GB RAM so I don't feel like this should be a problem to remember the data for 6 guns (and it definitely shouldn't take 20 seconds when it does happen). Most recently this led to me having to run away from a radroach of all things for 10 seconds until diamond city security came over and baseball batted it, because I physically could not attack. Once it starts loading a weapon like this, neither the favorites menu nor pipboy menu will fix it (in fact they can even make it worse by switching to a different weapon than the one you told it to, somehow).

I will try only ever using the favorites menu and see if that keeps it from happening in the first place.

It'd be a VRAM problem, not a system RAM problem.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

My new GPU has 4 GB of VRAM and the problem is exactly the same as my old card which had 1 GB

strong bird
May 12, 2009

It's been a problem with loading high resolution models and textures in this engine since Oblivion

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Rather I should say that the problem is that the textures/geometry info is not in the video card's memory.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

hobbesmaster posted:

Rather I should say that the problem is that the textures/geometry info is not in the video card's memory.
how do they gently caress this up for 10 years and running

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

how do they gently caress this up for 10 years and running

Well the engine is ancient bullshit that needs to die the final death, so that certainly doesn't help.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
All of you asshats complaining about the engine, you do realize that if they got rid of it we would lose all of the nice modding capabilities we have right? Not all engines can be modded like this. Every engine has strengths and weaknesses, to fix what you are complaining about means that you would lose things that are there that is liked.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The engine also has actually been updated significantly over the years and the running gag that it's the exact same thing really needs to die

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

evidently, all ram needs to be shared ram

seriouspost: this might actually happen with HBM and the like

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

LumberingTroll posted:

All of you asshats complaining about the engine, you do realize that if they got rid of it we would lose all of the nice modding capabilities we have right? Not all engines can be modded like this. Every engine has strengths and weaknesses, to fix what you are complaining about means that you would lose things that are there that is liked.

I'd be pretty cool with losing a lot of the modding capability if it meant that these games didn't all have a littany of absurd issues. Also, using an engine that isn't held together by duct tape and prayers doesn't mean that oh welp can't do any modding anymore.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

insulting The Product is a capital offense

meanwhile:

(crossposted from here)
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8261/

countdown until this mod gets banned while the nazi flag/outfit mods stay up :nexus: :ironicat:

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Gobblecoque posted:

I'd be pretty cool with losing a lot of the modding capability if it meant that these games didn't all have a littany of absurd issues. Also, using an engine that isn't held together by duct tape and prayers doesn't mean that oh welp can't do any modding anymore.

I don't think that Bethesda would be cool with losing the modding community revenue, is the deciding factor here really.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

there's wanting an engine to be redone, which is implausible and dumb, and then there's things like "actually putting things into video memory" which is something that's been basic to game engines since quake 2 and if you somehow think fixing that will gently caress up modding then lol

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Stating that people won't mod games if there's no mod support is really dumb imo, people mod games with no support all the time

neither this game nor this game nor this game nor this game nor this game nor many others have any sort of modding support, but people figured it out

Segmentation Fault fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 18, 2016

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Gee maybe they should just fix the bugs with the engine

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

there's wanting an engine to be redone, which is implausible and dumb, and then there's things like "actually putting things into video memory" which is something that's been basic to game engines since quake 2 and if you somehow think fixing that will gently caress up modding then lol

Bethesda would find a way.

Segmentation Fault posted:

Stating that people won't mod games if there's no mod support is really dumb imo, people mod games with no support all the time

Oh, people most certainly wouldn't stop modding, but there would be a sharp decline in the people that do if the tools weren't as available as currently, coupled with pissbaby backlash like 'Bethesda has turned it's back on modding!' It would hardly be noticeable, at the bottom line, but I'm not going to pretend it doesn't factor in their choice to keep going with Creation.

Magmarashi fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 18, 2016

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Just because a game can be modified, doesn't mean it can be modified as much as the current bethesda games. Look at how many games cannot be modified, even the ones that can be modded, can't do what half the stuff bethesda games can.

It's also really funny reading a bunch of arm-chair devs talk about what should be done to "fix" an engine. Maybe if you had a clue, you wouldn't say such stupid things.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

LumberingTroll posted:

Just because a game can be modified, doesn't mean it can be modified as much as the current bethesda games. Look at how many games cannot be modified, even the ones that can be modded, can't do what half the stuff bethesda games can.

It's also really funny reading a bunch of arm-chair devs talk about what should be done to "fix" an engine. Maybe if you had a clue, you wouldn't say such stupid things.

who the gently caress are you and why are you white-knighting a studio notorious for releasing half-working stuff

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Segmentation Fault posted:

who the gently caress are you and why are you white-knighting a studio notorious for releasing half-working stuff

haha calling out people for being dumb is white-knighting apparently.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

LumberingTroll posted:

haha calling out people for being dumb is white-knighting apparently.

If you can be perceived as defending something, you are a white-knight or a shill. If you can be perceived as being negative about something, you hate it unquestioningly and want it banned or destroyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

LumberingTroll posted:

i'll humor you for a bit, but a dx9-era postprocessing tool by a russian who jerks off to putin could mostly fix this, though. if something outside the engine could do it i'm not sure it would be harder working within the engine to do it

• Locked thread