Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Here is my floofy girl Dinah

I'm pretty sure that she's a Norwegian Forest Cat :black101:

it's probably just wishful thinking on my part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
da hell is that electronic stick?

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
Please help me name my glorious black kitty.

I named her Valenki for the vet registration, but I just call her Kitty all the time. Three syllables is too long a name for a small cat. Maybe something short like Nip or Perk. She loves looking at water and enjoys whipped cream and toast. She taught herself how to play fetch and is very talkative. BEST CAT

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

kreyla posted:

I named her Valenki for the vet registration, but I just call her Kitty all the time. Three syllables is too long a name for a small cat. Maybe something short like Nip or Perk. She loves looking at water and enjoys whipped cream and toast. She taught herself how to play fetch and is very talkative. BEST CAT

She looks a lot like my former cat who died last may so name her Dusty or I will be rather unpleasant toward you :v:

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

kreyla posted:

Princess Smoopers Fluffington

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Geno posted:

da hell is that electronic stick?

it's a selfie stick :shrug:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
Just adopted this girl today, she's still nervous but pretty sweet

Kit Kat:

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

kreyla posted:

Valenki is such a pretty name, though. I'd probably end up calling her Ki.

I have no regrets over Snowflake's name but I did feel pretty stupid yelling for snow in the pouring rain on my porch when he got out and burrowed into my rose bushes like the rear end in a top hat cat he is.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I haven't posted Rokit that much here. Sorry.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Those are chronologically backwards.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Whoa! Rockit has brown toebeans.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

RedTonic posted:

Whoa! Rockit has brown toebeans.

In that last picture you can see his tabby stripes as well.

God Over Djinn
Jan 17, 2005

onwards and upwards

These are my black cats, Dexter and Thistle. They're brother and sister and also best friends. They make the most incredible catblobs.

e: black catblobs are hard to photograph with a cell phone but you get the idea. And yes they both have single white hairs all over them, they kind of sparkle in bright light :3:

God Over Djinn fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Dec 25, 2015

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
I acquire two cat.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAllroCSNce/

365 Nog Hogger fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 17, 2016

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
I posted these olympic-grade assholes in the cat pictures thread, but gently caress it here's more

Bowie on the left doing his best :catstare: while Luna chills in the back. We went to a big adopt-out thing, with no real thought as to getting kittens but hey!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Been a while since I posted too.

Binx, the one in the back, is a year and a half old, and a healthy 13 pounds without any sort of beer belly. Salem just lost his milk teeth, so he's a youngin' still.

We just got them a full floor to ceiling cat tree.

Salem likes it. Perhaps too much.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

:3: Cats' names?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

RedTonic posted:

:3: Cats' names?

Feyd and Stilgar.

I can't stop taking pics of the cattes.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

good pics good cattes

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
they're not always so elegant

tesserae
Sep 25, 2004

Here's to being elegant.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Rokit got to see his first fire the other week. His was simultaneously scared and mystified.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt3JNfxVdtM

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I got a new lamp, Panthro got a new box. Everyone wins.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Whoops! I got to the end of the thread and there are no more black cats to look at. I guess I have to add mine.

This is Gaz and Zap.

The do NOT like each other and are NOT friends. I was surprised as hell to find them sleeping so close together.

Gaz is 12 and a friend almost ran over her in a parking lot when she was tiny. Zap is 16 but he's only been living with me for about a year. I've also got an rear end in a top hat orange cat but this is the black cat thread so gently caress him. :P

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS0t5u_xMyw

YeahTubaMike posted:

I got a new lamp, Panthro got a new box. Everyone wins.

Good cat imo.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I've been considering adopting a pet for the longest time and finally got off my butt about it.

This is Sumsu. The shelter says she's approximately six months old and she's adorable.

I haven't yet finalized anything - just going to visit the shelter to see the cattes on Sunday - but I hope she'll like me!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Drake_263 posted:

I've been considering adopting a pet for the longest time and finally got off my butt about it.

This is Sumsu. The shelter says she's approximately six months old and she's adorable.

I haven't yet finalized anything - just going to visit the shelter to see the cattes on Sunday - but I hope she'll like me!

You're in for some floof!

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
She looks so soft

TheSwingLord
Feb 12, 2007

that's a pro-tier black cat.

here's my new tuxedo buddy, Bruce Wayne/Springsteen/Willis (last name changes based on my feelings at the moment).

He just came home on Saturday so he's still exploring the space, but this morning he came up and did headbutts on me while I prepared his food.

(yes, he only has one eye but it just makes him tougher)

apologies for the low-res photos but its hard to take a good picture of a cat sleeping on a suitcase under your bed

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Drake_263 posted:

If you're curious about what she'll look like as a proper adult, here's a preview:

And here's a flashback to what she looked like about two months ago:

Also her name is actually Peppermint, and please send her back to past-me ASAP.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?

Bear, AKA Bearcat, doing his best "Most Interesting Man in the World" impression.

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

I green screened my cats. There's more to come but check out this long-derp yawn from Samantha, my smaller girl cat.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

kuskus posted:

I green screened my cats. There's more to come but check out this long-derp yawn from Samantha, my smaller girl cat.

I've never seen a post that deserved the :radcat: emoticon as much as this one.

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009
loving creep reporting in:

Still called Decoy.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

kuskus posted:

:catdrugs:

I visited the shelter last Sunday - visiting hours are on Sundays - but it turned out Sumsu was being quarantined - she'd caught some sort of a minor bug and they didn't want to risk it spreading to the rest of them. Still, got to pet and make nice with the rest of the cattes so I can't really complain - a big brute like me going all ga-ga over the kitties got a lot of smiles from the staff! Sadly I'm working this Sunday so I can't pop by for another visit yet.

Turns out Sumsu's made friends with another floofy black catte whose name I cannot remember at the moment. The shelter staff is considering making them a buddy deal of a sorts and I honestly can't say I'd be opposed to the idea of taking them both if they liked me. I'm a working man and it' be nice if the two of them had company in one another while I was away.

Organza Quiz posted:

If you're curious about what she'll look like as a proper adult, here's a preview:

And here's a flashback to what she looked like about two months ago:

Also her name is actually Peppermint, and please send her back to past-me ASAP.

ohmigodthefloof

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I just adopted this little gal!

Her shelter name is Margo. Not sure what I'll change it to, assuming I do! She's still very skittish with her new dwelling, but she's been very sweet.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Drake_263 posted:

Turns out Sumsu's made friends with another floofy black catte whose name I cannot remember at the moment. The shelter staff is considering making them a buddy deal of a sorts and I honestly can't say I'd be opposed to the idea of taking them both if they liked me. I'm a working man and it' be nice if the two of them had company in one another while I was away.
Do this please--they can be friends with each other and a pair of black cats forms an attractive catblob, which you can see from the goon who owns Maude and Edith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

FutonForensic posted:

I just adopted this little gal!

Her shelter name is Margo. Not sure what I'll change it to, assuming I do! She's still very skittish with her new dwelling, but she's been very sweet.

Welcome, gorgeous! I think margo should become Mango but I'm crazy.

Also after a month with my boys I've decided their names dont fit their personalities well enough so I'm trying out Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung.

Sammo digs way too much in the litter and comes out like this every time, ideas to change that? It's a 3x1.5ft closed top box, using World's Best multi-cat lavender litter. When they were at the rescuer's home they were using the pine pellet stuff.