Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

It depends on your level. High level = long deletion time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Inzombiac posted:

I did the daily quest for Stalker and when I opened the box, it just disappeared and I got nothing.

Did I do something wrong?
It is one of the reward boxes? You probably got a healing potion and maybe a repair tool, pick or vase.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Evil_Greven posted:

You'll also want to get Frost Fury (ice F) boosted at some point to Tier 3 Stage 3. I barely use my LB/RB at this point.

Frost's gimmick seems to be Lifesteal, I've heard you can get a lot of mileage out of Frost F for that.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

So what it sounds like is that most of FM's good stuff is in the ice tree and you can effectively be an ice mage as a career.

Excellent :getin:

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Ice is good for lifedrain and slows/imobilizations. It does about the same base damage as Fire.

Fire in turn makes the things you light up into bombs. Bombs on fire. :kingsley:

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
If anyone's struggling to get through pve, kill the frog boss a few times north of Jadestone village to get life-leech or life on crit. Running content gets a lot easier and faster getting any recovery at all. They took the op gems out of the store so now everyone has to go through RNG :suicide:

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Um! I did it!? I got gold but this is mostly because the server is new and most of the people in arena were newish to the game. Most people were 30ish with my last opponents being a gold summoner and a lv 45 force master.

Still proud nonetheless to get gold.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
How playable is this with a controller? I enjoyed not having to use the mouse and keyboard to play Tera, and since this is also pretty actiony I was hoping that would work here too.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Getsuya posted:

How playable is this with a controller? I enjoyed not having to use the mouse and keyboard to play Tera, and since this is also pretty actiony I was hoping that would work here too.

There's a lot of odd button combos to learn and moving around the UI is kind of tedious. But the actual combat portion of it works reasonably well once you get the hang of it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

So do wuxia worlds usually have flamethrowers and pump-action spearguns along with their crazy kung fu magic

'cos this kind of owns

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Been playing Assassin. Apparently at some point I got a move on Q (Shadow Dance) but it doesn't have a hotbar thingy, I only learned it because that little tutorial dork told me about it

Is there a reason it doesn't appear on my UI?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kylra posted:

It is one of the reward boxes? You probably got a healing potion and maybe a repair tool, pick or vase.

Oh so you get one from the list at random? That makes more sense.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Ciaphas posted:

Been playing Assassin. Apparently at some point I got a move on Q (Shadow Dance) but it doesn't have a hotbar thingy, I only learned it because that little tutorial dork told me about it

Is there a reason it doesn't appear on my UI?

Some abilities will only appear when you meet the conditions for using it. For instance, FM has abilities on F and the F hotkey only appears after a crit.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm okay with conditional abilities but that kinda stuff is annoying because it feels like I have to watch the task bar and not the fight.

Assassin can conditionals but you have good control over them and k ow how to get them to pop.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Gearhead posted:

Some abilities will only appear when you meet the conditions for using it. For instance, FM has abilities on F and the F hotkey only appears after a crit.

Yeah, I realized that, but Shadow Dance doesn't seem to have any conditions at all, so I'd sort of expect it to always appear.

linall
Feb 1, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah, I realized that, but Shadow Dance doesn't seem to have any conditions at all, so I'd sort of expect it to always appear.

This has been one of the more irritating things I've come up against in the game so far. I'm playing a Blade Dancer and I have several skills that I've never seen and have no idea how to proc. I mean, it hasn't been a big deal yet but why are the conditionals not in the skill descriptions?

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

Kimsemus posted:

Correct, the way the loot system works, people bid al la auction style on items they want. When someone wins, it splits the money they bid on the item between the rest of the group. Makes it fun to do dungeons especially when I don't want anything, just to take other people's money and drive prices up. I usually can make 10-15s per dungeon doing this in the earliest dungeons, and I'm sure it gets better from there.

It's quite satisfying when a weapon someone needs for the breakthrough on their Hongmoon weapon drops, and you make them pay ten times what they would have had to pay otherwise. They get VERY mad, especially because they KNOW you don't need it, you're just loving them.

That and at least for the Blackram Narrows you can get the same breakthrough material from the chest at the end, this sounds like something I should go do more often.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

its just one of those things you gotta memorize. Q for Sins is nice for getting behind folks fast

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Blazing Zero posted:

that's good and all but what if you made some dudes to test the classes out and dont like them? i guess security doesnt come for free

If I were designing it, you'd get an email with a confirmation link to delete immediately, and I'd permit undeletion of characters for a week.

But NCSoft may know something I don't.

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Rage is the only freedom left me.
Anybody on Cho right now who can invite? My goon buddy and I got swapped over to Red and looking to join up with the other Dirty Old Goons.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Q and E don't have popups ever, unlike F. They're generally movement skills for each class of some kind. They will show on your cooldown bar when they are on cooldown though.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Subjunctive posted:

If I were designing it, you'd get an email with a confirmation link to delete immediately, and I'd permit undeletion of characters for a week.

But NCSoft may know something I don't.

yeah, how to actively discourage playing their games haha

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
oh well, it was fun blading and souling while i could :shobon:

Outback Snakehole
Nov 10, 2012
So, can't decide between Summoner and Force Master. Which one seems to be less common, and how do the two measure up to each other?

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Casual Annie posted:

So, can't decide between Summoner and Force Master. Which one seems to be less common, and how do the two measure up to each other?

Would you like to shoot ice and fire or flowers at people, I haven't seen much of either class. Summoner is easy mode, FM slightly harder.

Outback Snakehole
Nov 10, 2012

Khako posted:

Would you like to shoot ice and fire or flowers at people

I don't know really, thats the problem. Both seem pretty fun as far as I've played them, but I want to focus on one character too cap first and I can't really figure out which to go with.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Casual Annie posted:

They are both very useful in dungeons so pick whatever one you think is cooler. I find the cat kind of creepy tbh, especially when they are dolled up.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
So how far behind in content is B&S compared to it's korean counterpart?

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Casual Annie posted:

I don't know really, thats the problem. Both seem pretty fun as far as I've played them, but I want to focus on one character too cap first and I can't really figure out which to go with.

I'd pick summoner then, it has a low learning curve, and easy to win in pvp. You get a general feel of the game so you can tear poo poo up later on your fm.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Assassin seems fun so far but I'm worried I'm not exactly going to be providing a lot of utility in dungeons. Still only like 15 though, so I haven't seen one yet.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Revitalized posted:

So how far behind in content is B&S compared to it's korean counterpart?

One patch, which I think is from Sept. They didn't want to take a big change close to release, but apparently they've said they want to integrate it shortly after launch. :rip:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

gonna try this out when f2p access launches. Sounds like the goon servers are being hammered, is it the same on EU?

kungfu master sounds fun, hows the character creation? We talking Aion/Black Desert or FFARR/WoW?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Character creator is the good All The Sliders kind.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

nopantsjack posted:

gonna try this out when f2p access launches. Sounds like the goon servers are being hammered, is it the same on EU?

kungfu master sounds fun, hows the character creation? We talking Aion/Black Desert or FFARR/WoW?

Character creater is pretty robust. However, you cannot make Barft Smampsun like in Black Desert.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Didn't they add in a status showing you what is your position in the queue yesterday? Just got home and queued and that position status is gone.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Schubalts posted:

Character creator is the good All The Sliders kind.

Hooray!

Inzombiac posted:

Character creater is pretty robust. However, you cannot make Barft Smampsun like in Black Desert.

poo poo

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
17 whiffs on the diva weapon so far

Mother fucker

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

nopantsjack posted:

Hooray!
poo poo

Don't worry, you can make a fat dog baby and a tree sized bird elf.
poo poo, my Assassin has enormous eyes that look like galaxies and limbs as thin as twigs.

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Don't worry, you can make a fat dog baby and a tree sized bird elf.
poo poo, my Assassin has enormous eyes that look like galaxies and limbs as thin as twigs.

Either earlier in this thread or late in the last thread someone posted a few really weird creations. At least one looked like a Thin Man from X-Com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007
Finally done traveling and can get in on this.

Even though there is a massive wait for Mushin. How many goons are on Old Man Cho?

• Locked thread