Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

its p cute and you go on dates with monsters and poo poo. Or horribly murder them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Space-Pope posted:

the people who like undertale really like it

the people who dislike undertale REALLY dislike it, and will tell you constantly about how much they dislike it

funny, i'd have put it exactly in reverse

Necc0 posted:

i guess undertale has a shithead following or something? i don't follow this poo poo just postin what i feel

its hitting people completely unused to this sort of thing, and unlike fandom goobers already used to this sort of thing, they don't have the behavior filters that'd stop them from acting real embarrassing about the things they like, at least in public

that "liking a thing on your own terms" is the healthiest approach, keep it up and keep the spoiler blinders on

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
someone told me that th way to 100% undertale is to never kill any enemies and guess what trying to do that is not fun at all

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Not killing anyone is more of a puzzle. OTOH killing everyone is incredibly tedious. Then there's killing some and sparing others if you really want to explore all the endgame outcomes.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Space-Pope posted:

the people who like undertale really like it

the people who dislike undertale REALLY dislike it, and will tell you constantly about how much they dislike it

played a bit more so now i know what :shittypop: is from

so it's one o' them meme games, huh?

edit: seeing a LOT of stuff yeah this is a meme game. i'm the guy playing portal two years after it came out, huh?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
w/e i still like it it's cute and innocent and clever

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah its pretty cute and sweet. :3

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

SynthOrange posted:

Not killing anyone is more of a puzzle. OTOH killing everyone is incredibly tedious. Then there's killing some and sparing others if you really want to explore all the endgame outcomes.

the frog told me not to kill people at the beginning so that's what i've been trying to do the whole time because it just seems like the nice thing to do. except i accidentally killed that one lady and felt bad because i didn't mean to :(

appreciate it because the game deliberately set it up that way which is good design imo

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA7rq2-m-Qk&hd=1

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Necc0 posted:

played a bit more so now i know what :shittypop: is from

so it's one o' them meme games, huh?

edit: seeing a LOT of stuff yeah this is a meme game. i'm the guy playing portal two years after it came out, huh?

like two months after, sure

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

the usual dynamic is skewed by the sales figures, though

instead of the typical spike and big dip followed by shallower and shallower humps during discount periods, this fuckin things chart just going up uP UP

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i personally was just surprised by the number of what i've been told are homestuck references

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

bump_fn posted:

someone told me that th way to 100% undertale is to never kill any enemies and guess what trying to do that is not fun at all

the obvious solution is "don't give a poo poo about 100%-ing games"

like the exact same thing is true with dishonored and it probably make a lot more people hate the game

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Brink was like half a loving amazing game and half a complete piece of poo poo with no overlap

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
god damnit now i killed aaron too

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
isn't it completely impossible to do a no-kill run the first time? as in not only do you not have the knowledge needed, the game is tracking state across runs and will not give you the option to not kill until ng+

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

haveblue posted:

isn't it completely impossible to do a no-kill run the first time? as in not only do you not have the knowledge needed, the game is tracking state across runs and will not give you the option to not kill until ng+

you can't get the true pacifist ending the first time through but you can do no kill

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://i.imgur.com/HfBf7Uf.webm

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

haveblue posted:

you can get the no-kill run your first time through, then reload the saved game after you beat it the first time and if you go backwards you will be given the go ahead to get the true secret final ending. so technically yes you can do it on a single play through.

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
I played Geometry Dash for an hour tonight and only beat one stage. :(

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I nearly killed Ludwig a couple times. I'm bad at these tougher Bloodborne bosses.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Fabricated posted:

I nearly killed Ludwig a couple times. I'm bad at these tougher Bloodborne bosses.

i'm bad at all the bosses. i airballed most of my molotovs against the cleric beast, ran around screaming like a headless chicken, and had no blood vials left when i killed him

first try at gascoigne did not go well

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Fabricated posted:

Ludwig is really tricky to solo. you need somebody competent running interference so that you can get up in his horsebutt with something pointy

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
wow kellogg is an rear end in a top hat

uss constitution though :3:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Radio Paranoia posted:

Ludwig is really tricky to solo. you need somebody competent running interference so that you can get up in his horsebutt with something pointy
Once you get him knocked down in phase 1 you can kinda beat the absolute poo poo out of him pretty easily and get him to phase 2. I had him down to maybe 10% of his health and I got caught in his gigantic gently caress-off sword beam thing that leaves behind a fire-type effect on the ground. For some reason I couldn't move or roll and just burned up.

Was slightly pissed off.

Also the Whirlygig Saw owns really hard.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
was anyone else having co op issues w bloodborne today or was it just my lovely internet

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
by all accounts psn is having massive issues

above and beyond its fundamental issues, that is

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Once you get him knocked down in phase 1 you can kinda beat the absolute poo poo out of him pretty easily and get him to phase 2. I had him down to maybe 10% of his health and I got caught in his gigantic gently caress-off sword beam thing that leaves behind a fire-type effect on the ground. For some reason I couldn't move or roll and just burned up.

Was slightly pissed off.

Also the Whirlygig Saw owns really hard.

the worst is when you know there's one hit remaining and u get greedy and get owned

YOU HUBRIS'D

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

you can't get the true pacifist ending the first time through but you can do no kill

even if you could do true pacifist on your first playthrough you are missing out on the best boss fight in the game by avoiding the neutral ending

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

ya one feather in undertale's hat is that all ending types are pretty much amazing

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

and people say dragons dogma is bad

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Radio Paranoia posted:

and people say dragons dogma is bad

Only people in yospos say that because they're loving clowns that need to be shot.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
^^^psychotic

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hmm?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Only people in yospos say that because they're loving clowns that need to be shot.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

haveblue posted:

wow kellogg is an rear end in a top hat

uss constitution though :3:

the uss constitution is one of the best parts of that game, up there with the witchcraft museum and jamaica plains

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
good morning

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

hubris.height posted:

good morning

Actually,

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Silver Alicorn posted:

whats your fave

so many to pick from but the obvious raiden, aero fighters and 194x series

but a cool standout is Guwange - I'm on mobile but go google it, worth your time if you like this stuff! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Jamestown is a pretty good one of those games, but the real star of the show is that soundtrack.

• Locked thread