Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Haha, I'd forgotten how much I loved Dead Aloof Aradia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Ytlaya posted:

The dude with a bunch of horse cocks in his room has some strange fetishes.

edit: I am here right now http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004181

Fun Fact, the kiss scene twelve pages later was a cliffhanger we were left on for like, two weeks.

That seems miniscule these days but back then the update pace was nothing short of breakneck (like, multiple pages a day) and we were then suddenly left to ruminate on THAT for what felt like an eternity.

That was a weird time.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

That skin crawl you are currently feeling is entirely justified and will continue.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

CidGregor posted:

Fun Fact, the kiss scene twelve pages later was a cliffhanger we were left on for like, two weeks.

That seems miniscule these days but back then the update pace was nothing short of breakneck (like, multiple pages a day) and we were then suddenly left to ruminate on THAT for what felt like an eternity.

That was a weird time.

Ah, who could forget sadomasopedonecrorobobestiality?

The quintessential cornerstone of carnal cordiality?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I wonder why Aradia was still in love with him after ripping out her heart.

Either way it looks like I won't find out for some time since it's focusing on other characters now. Right now Karkat is talking to Vriska after getting stabbed by Jack (and we find out he has red blood, which I'm guessing either means he's really low caste or really high caste, though I kind of doubt the former since he doesn't strike me as the type of guy to hide it out of shame).

edit: This new character that replaces H's with )( is probably the only typing style I've had genuine trouble reading so far.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 18, 2016

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Dolash posted:

Ah, who could forget sadomasopedonecrorobobestiality?

The quintessential cornerstone of carnal cordiality?

T'was exemplary of exquisite, delectable depravity.

But seriously, re-living all this stuff again is great, it's been a while since I last re-read the comic in any capacity. I still kinda get chills from the big reveal at the end of Hivebent.

Ytlaya posted:

I wonder why Aradia was still in love with him after ripping out her heart.

Either way it looks like I won't find out for some time since it's focusing on other characters now. Right now Karkat is talking to Vriska after getting stabbed by Jack (and we find out he has red blood, which I'm guessing either means he's really low caste or really high caste, though I kind of doubt the former since he doesn't strike me as the type of guy to hide it out of shame).

The chess guys are all normal humanly red-blooded. Karkat's the weirdo only in the context of trolls, in that his color literally doesn't exist on their hemospectrum.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 18, 2016

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Ytlaya posted:

The dude with a bunch of horse cocks in his room has some strange fetishes.

He's called the best character.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ammat The Ankh posted:

He's called the best character.

You have never been more right.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Vriska is being really mean to Tavros right now and I honestly can't condone this behavior

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004251

edit: Wow, Tavros kind of owns; he can control a whole miniature army of monsters.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jan 18, 2016

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

*looks at his watch*
Is it really Vriskatime already?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Moddington posted:

*looks at his watch*
Is it really Vriskatime already?

my posting crystal is fully charged and i am prepared to do battle

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ytlaya posted:

Vriska is being really mean to Tavros right now and I honestly can't condone this behavior

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004251

edit: Wow, Tavros kind of owns; he can control a whole miniature army of monsters.

Then you're going to be in for a real treat when that power is never again useful to the plot.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Who What Now posted:

Then you're going to be in for a real treat when that power is never again useful to the plot.

never useful to the plot just about sums up Tavros' character.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is homestuck still dead?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

There was that time in [S]Make Her Pay that that power was useful, but only because Vriska was using it through him.

Actually Ytlaya is pretty close to that part so maybe I shouldn't bother spoiling that because that's probably the next time they're going to drop in?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Is homestuck still dead?

No, Ytlaya has brought it back to life

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Haha this Eridan guy is like a troll version of a Nice Guy

The girl introduced at the same time, Feferi, somewhat reminds me of Jade.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Hey, he used it to both save baby Jade's life and get rid of that wierd adult trespasser on her respiteblock.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Ytlaya's getting closer and closer to The Dark Times so that'll be interesting

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
All of Homestuck is dark times so that's not helpful.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Good point

when it stops being ironic trash garbage and is sincere trash garbage, is what I mean

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Toxxupation posted:

Ytlaya's getting closer and closer to The Dark Times so that'll be interesting

What do you mean by Dark Times? Dramatic stuff happening/taking itself seriously?

edit: Karkat is now doing this memo and poor Tavros feels bad about the thing with Vriska. It seems like Vriska had/has some bizarre crush on Tavros or something.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Toxxupation posted:

Good point

when it stops being ironic trash garbage and is sincere trash garbage, is what I mean

So like, when John retrieves his arms?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

edit: Karkat is now doing this memo and poor Tavros feels bad about the thing with Vriska. It seems like Vriska had/has some bizarre crush on Tavros or something.

haha, oh dear

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

What do you mean by Dark Times? Dramatic stuff happening/taking itself seriously?

Ignore the man named Toxx.

He has silly opinions about a silly webcomic and the people who post about it.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kind of weird and not really important question: How does this memo work? If the trolls can see what they/others say in the future, how do they participate in the conversation? Like, if the text is already there how do you write it yourself? Is it because all their future text is hidden or something?

edit Oh nm, Kanaya just explained it some:

CGA: Yeah I Know
CGA: I Wasnt Sure If I Was Going To
CGA: But Then I Noticed A Conversation In Which I Was A Participant
CGA: Which As It Turns Out Is The Conversation Taking Place Now
CGA: I Scanned It Briefly And Then Perused Other Memos For My Presence
CGA: I Found None And Returned To This One
CGA: But My Part Of The Conversation Was Gone
CGA: I Regarded This As A Prompt To Begin Typing And Record My Contributions Live

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

Kind of weird and not really important question: How does this memo work? If the trolls can see what they/others say in the future, how do they participate in the conversation? Like, if the text is already there how do you write it yourself? Is it because all their future text is hidden or something?

The way it is explained, as you'll discover later, is that closer to the time of the message's creation, it has already disappeared so that it can be created.

The Trolls can read any message so long as they are not about to make it, the problem is that they often don't especially of the message has nothing to do with them directly.

This leads to a lot of self fulfilling paradoxes because Paradox Space is a bitch.

In theory one could get caught in a loop of arguing with themselves though only a total dunkass would.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Burkion posted:

In theory one could get caught in a loop of arguing with themselves though only a total dunkass would.

That's still probably one of my favorite sequences in the comic.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Ytlaya posted:

well you see, like this television show i like to watch called doctor who, it

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Ytlaya posted:

have you heard of this game called undertale? it's by toby fox, aka radiation, who is a former member of the audio team on homestuck. youve probably heard his music before! anyways, i strongly suggest checking out undertale, because it is v good

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Act 6. It's the point in the comic where things start getting more controversial than usual. But hey, you're enjoying it, don't let my mentally deficient doppelganger slow your roll.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Oxxidation, please stop trolling (heh) the Homestuck thread. Your negativity is NOT WELCOME HERE. :mad:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Toxxupation posted:

have you heard of this game called undertale? it's by toby fox, aka radiation, who is a former member of the audio team on homestuck. youve probably heard his music before! anyways, i strongly suggest checking out undertale, because it is v good

Could you maybe not be a little bitch for once? That'd be just super-duper. TIA.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Listen to the man named Oxx.

He has silly opinions about a silly webcomic and the people who post about it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

Oxxidation, please stop trolling (heh) the Homestuck thread. Your negativity is NOT WELCOME HERE. :mad:

Yes it is. My negativity is the verbose yet measured scorn of a Karkat. Your negativity is the frantic, incoherent ire of a Mituna.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Toxxupation posted:

well you see, like this television show i like to watch called doctor who, it

How far you've fallen, admitting to watching Doctor Who outside of the Doctor Who thread.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Oxxidation posted:

Yes it is. My negativity is the verbose yet measured scorn of a Karkat. Your negativity is the frantic, incoherent ire of a Mituna.

Nah. He's a spurned Ampora. He wants so desperately for the thread to love him but he's such an irredeemable poo poo who's problems are entirely of his own making that it'll never happen.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Burkion posted:

How far you've fallen, admitting to watching Doctor Who outside of the Doctor Who thread.

Reading a bad webcomic is much cooler than watching a bad tv show.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Who What Now posted:

Could you maybe not be a little bitch for once? That'd be just super-duper. TIA.

you seem upset about a webcomic, friend. i strongly suggest :justpost:ing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

justing posting