Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

TetsuoTW posted:

Pan-Blue:
PFP (People First Party) - James Soong's personality cult. Primarily exists to gently caress up KMT polling numbers because Soong's still salty he never got his due (i.e. the presidency). Tries to be populist, is fundamentally out of touch.

Pan-Green:
Pro-Taiwan, but swings hard between pro-independence and pro-getting-China-off-our-loving-backs/pro-Taiwanese-sovereignty. Generally explicitly in favor of the status quo, however you might define that. Lots of promises of change, not much delivery yet.

Nice to see a balanced appraisal.

I'd add, when talking of cock smoking and catamite type relations, the DPP know the US by more than the cut of their jib.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

tbf both sides have been taking turns on that one.

Also the PFP is a joke and the moment Soong retires the entire party will fade into irrelevance, and the DPP's utter inability to define what it means by the "status quo" wasn't meant to be a complement to them.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

TetsuoTW posted:

tbf both sides have been taking turns on that one.

Also the PFP is a joke and the moment Soong retires the entire party will fade into irrelevance, and the DPP's utter inability to define what it means by the "status quo" wasn't meant to be a complement to them.

Yep, im 100% sure they'll fade.

I did get the status quo reference.

I do wonder if Soong was "encouraged" by the dpp in the early days of the party starting to give them a fighting chance, or if he's purely just selfishly motivated.

I have no skin in the game, so im not really fussed beyond mild curiosity until it affects my ability to earn a crust.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Yeah I totally misread the tone on that, my bad.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

TetsuoTW posted:

Yeah I totally misread the tone on that, my bad.

Not at all bud.

I've drunk posted enough in this (and other) threads to have come across as a full on wumao/pro-china/useful idiot.

I can and do argue the regional stuff also, and I'll still stand by those assertions also.

But yeah, the long and the short of it for me is that its an ongoing academic curiosity at best, except that I won't be writing a paper anytime soon.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I got a lesson in making assumptions yesterday when I went up to a mid-20's, college-educated coworker who grew up in Southern Taiwan and asked "So are you excited to vote tomorrow?"

She gave me a dirty look and said "why bother?"

The Lament of the Blue Voter.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Your coworker sounds cool and good.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
You guys probably have better news sources but I think this is decent

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2016/01/16/live-the-2016-taiwanese-presidential-and-legislative-elections/

A little late

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je8f4yfDUxo

caberham fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jan 16, 2016

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Moon Slayer posted:

I got a lesson in making assumptions yesterday when I went up to a mid-20's, college-educated coworker who grew up in Southern Taiwan and asked "So are you excited to vote tomorrow?"

One of my CTs is very anti-KMT, but isn't voting because he thinks people are only voting for Tsai to punish Ma.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Moon Slayer posted:

Never underestimate the power of no gently caress you dad.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Your coworker sounds cool and good.

I'm thinking of asking her out.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Atlas Hugged posted:

The only candidate I care about is Freddy Lim. Anyone seen any polling information on him?

Freddy is up 25k to 24k right now, third place at 1300.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Whelp, that's that then.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Moon Slayer posted:

Whelp, that's that then.

Well, has the percentage of seats been called yet?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

duckfarts posted:

Well, has the percentage of seats been called yet?

True, I forgot that's the real contest this evening; president was a foregone conclusion months ago.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
42 DPP:15 KMT:3 PFP at the moment.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
I think as of now the dpp had projected 50% of the vote whereas kit 25% and third party 6%

Whoooops nvm

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

this is a stickup posted:

Freddy is up 25k to 24k right now, third place at 1300.

Sounds like he's going to take it.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
My aunt just flew out of Taiwan to attend a wedding. She's upset that she lost :laffo:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I need a dancing cartoon Tsai avatar, tia.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

YF19pilot posted:

I need a dancing cartoon Tsai avatar, tia.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I found this to be amusing.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

please let me show you screenshots of all The Ladies swooning over me

Moon Slayer posted:

I'm thinking of asking her out.

I hope this was meant as a joke. Otherwise, congratulations, you are one of those guys who is so shortsighted that they risk making work super awkward all day every day and possibly jeopardize their job to get laid. ESL teacher idiocy at its most hallowed.

P.S. I'm sure there are no other cool girls among that millions of females in Taipei. One that you don't have to see every day and work with every day.

Now, I'm looking forward to Taiwan not changing in any substantial way and getting a giant hard-on as a result of all the tears that are going to be shed as naive people have to face reality.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pandemonium posted:

Now, I'm looking forward to Taiwan not changing in any substantial way and getting a giant hard-on as a result of all the tears that are going to be shed as naive people have to face reality.
I'm glad someone's here to poo poo on people's fun like a passive aggressive bitch.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Pandemonium posted:

getting a giant hard-on as a result of all the tears that are going to be shed

You must be a hit at funerals.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Pandemonium posted:

I hope this was meant as a joke. Otherwise, congratulations, you are one of those guys

P.S. I'm sure there are no other cool girls among that millions of females in Taipei.

lol

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
There was an election or something? Don't worry, Pandemonium is here to get us back on track with more about dating and womenfemales.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

quadrophrenic posted:

i'm just saying every time you post in here it's a huge loving bummer for everyone involved

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Can I got the most Taiwan thing that will hurt Mainland feelings.

Already know about the animated news

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

"Makes me sick to think about all the time and money I wasted on human females."

-Pandemonium, probably.

quote:

Can I got the most Taiwan thing that will hurt Mainland feelings.

Already know about the animated news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8h9QKf7MjY

Spanish Matlock fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jan 18, 2016

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Can't believe I already broke my New Year's resolution to stop replying to Pandemonium.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9V64h4sn4A

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I would read a book written by Pandemonium.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

The Great Autismo! posted:

I would read a book written by Pandemonium.

https://www.mgtow.com/books/

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

I read this as "mtgow" at first and thought it was gonna be a Magic Online thing

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Chantilly Say posted:

I read this as "mtgow" at first and thought it was gonna be a Magic Online thing
Don't worry, I'm sure there's a significant overlap.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

lol

SnowWolf
Nov 20, 2005

He is apparently visiting Taiwan in a couple weeks. Hopefully there'll be some cool videos coming out of that trip. I'm sure the media would love to interview him if he's open to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

please let me show you screenshots of all The Ladies swooning over me
poo poo! I forgot Moon Slayer doesn't speak any Chinese and thus has a dating pool limited to 西餐妹 and cram school employees. Go ahead and godspeed ruining your working environment when the chick tells you she has a bf already / rejects you / laughs at you / you date and find you have nothing in common / you date for a while and then break up because you cannot relate to her at all because you speak no Chinese / etc. You know the only good ending to a story that starts with dating your co-worker is marriage, right? Are you going to marry her?

Anyway, my interest right now is in hearing from the Hakka circles about 空心菜, seeing as she is a Hakka and Hakkas are deep blue. I wonder if there is some traitor talk in their communities? Would be interesting to talk to some people on the street if I still lived in 竹北, but alas I don't.

And heaven help some of the posters here who apparently think writing about getting an erection by the tears that are shed by ignorant, foaming-at-the-mouth 台獨 people because of the inevitable failure of these politicians to live up to the hype is meant to be taken seriously. This isn't your retarded Facebook Groups. Lighten up.