Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Amazing. He responded to Hillary a year faster than he responded to Flint's poison water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

EugeneJ posted:

She could have walked out onstage and poo poo herself and you'd still be saying that

Give up

Sorry, EugeneJ, that lane was occupied by Martin O'Malley tonight

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Logikv9 posted:

agreed david brock said stupid poo poo, but then again so do bernie's staffers (complaining about foreign policy focus and then seeming insensitive before a debate, for example)

David Brock's screwup gave Bernie's campaign 4 million dollars and generated more interest in Bernie's campaign.

Most of the Bernie campaign gaffes and screwups didn't generate a similar win for the Hillary campaign.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Not a Step posted:

Its really weird that you qualified that statement. Does that mean you masturbate to the spiritual embodiment of Hillary Clinton?

e: Is she your imaginary girlfriend?

Please define what you picture as the spiritual embodyment of Hillary Clinton.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Knotty Naughty posted:

why is gov rick snyder's twitter handle "one tough nerd"

He made that Twitter handle in middle school and never bothered changing it.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Bad Caller posted:

Obama didn't either but after he won the first two primaries he shot up, like every other candidate who wins the first two primaries.

It happens all the time.

poo poo, Bernie without even campaigning has gone from 3% to 35% the Latino vote in California. He's doing fine. Better than Obama did in 2008.

i don't know enough about these numbers to comment. additionally agreed with the winning primaries gives you a polling boost thing. this doesn't actually matter though because i just realized we are imagining a bernie presidency, and if that actually happened the polling would be good enough. my bad i guess? you would still need to deal with the republicans however to get anything done unless you get away with 60+ senate seats and a house majority. something something compromise i've said it enough for the last week

it's better to not post if you can't answer a valid question imo

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Drastic Actions posted:

Which is going to be a real bitch to explain to most voters, who will hear "Raise your taxes" and not "Get rid of premiums". Messaging is very important for something like that, but he has not figured out, IMO, how to actually do that here.

Is it really though? Like I feel like he explained it in a single clear sentence in this debate.

I really feel that if Hillary continues that angle, she basically has to take the argument towards criticizing the Sanders campaign's analysis about the accuracy of whether a Medicare for all program actually can save people money over the current private insurance system, and I don't know if that's something she really wants to do as a Democratic candidate.

Otherwise just repeating "Bernie will raise your taxes" seems like the biggest softball ever.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
S.E. Cupp is apparently grossed out by a 74-year-old talking about sex.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

My Imaginary GF posted:

A sexy nude woman

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

she is in the best set of black and white erotica pictures ever imo

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
andrea mitchell is literally xanax

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hillary also seems defensive in terms of policy proposals.

Instead of talking about new ideas she emphasizes business as usual or attacks Bernie's proposal through her cowardly system of political surrogates.

She has no ideas or vision worth pitching to the american people.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

edit for content: Hillary really didn't present any new ideas tonight. Her plans mostly seem to be defending the great work of the ACA, which is sacred and inviolable and how dare Bernie Sanders suggest it isn't a holy gift from God above?

Nix Panicus has issued a correction as of 05:33 on Jan 18, 2016

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:laffo:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

etalian posted:

David Brock's screwup gave Bernie's campaign 4 million dollars and generated more interest in Bernie's campaign.

Most of the Bernie campaign gaffes and screwups didn't generate a similar win for the Hillary campaign.

of course not, brock's attack was dedicated to bernie alone while the previously mentioned bernie surrogate comment, while sounding insensitive, wasn't actually dedicated to hillary. i'm not arguing about the focus of the attacks, i'm just saying they are badly served by some of their surrogates

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Logikv9 posted:

i don't know enough about these numbers to comment. additionally agreed with the winning primaries gives you a polling boost thing. this doesn't actually matter though because i just realized we are imagining a bernie presidency, and if that actually happened the polling would be good enough. my bad i guess? you would still need to deal with the republicans however to get anything done unless you get away with 60+ senate seats and a house majority. something something compromise i've said it enough for the last week

it's better to not post if you can't answer a valid question imo

Hillary is basically a republican punching bag at this point and bogeymen, whereas Sanders is basically king of amendments and has worked with Republicans quite a bit to get some good things done. He'd probably be better at doing it. Yeah maybe they could turn against him but hopefully Americans after two years of Republicans doing nothing actually vote Democrat locally or a progressive grassroots begins.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I also think it's wrong that NBC never mentioned who Andrea Mitchell is married to.

Seems like kind of a big deal when we're discussing past economic policy.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

etalian posted:

Hillary also seems defensive in terms of policy proposals.

Instead of talking about new ideas she emphasizes business as usual or attacks Bernie's proposal through her cowardly system of political surrogates.

She has no ideas or vision worth pitching to the american people.

Her ideas and visions aren't sexy. They pretty much amount to 'continue the successes of the Obama administration while not loving up ForPol'

Unfortunately, Sanders be promising everyone free higher education, free healthcare, and no new taxes --- Sanders lies, and under a Sanders administration Obamacare will die

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

SedanChair posted:

andrea mitchell is literally xanax

I thought that was Lisa Maddow?

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

Joementum posted:

I also think it's wrong that NBC never mentioned who Andrea Mitchell is married to.

I'm not sure I've ever heard her do that.

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax
Honestly, why do people give a poo poo about Killer Mike?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

THE BOMBINATRIX posted:

He wrote a song about how much of a piece of poo poo Reagan was.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

THE BOMBINATRIX posted:

He sang one song about a white guy he hates and believes in more conspiracy theories than a 9/11 truther

It only makes sense that Sandanistas tend to adore him.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

THE BOMBINATRIX posted:

He gave Bernie the old "Lando Cachet"

e: """Lando"""

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

THE BOMBINATRIX posted:

Because he's one hell of a public speaker and also a community activist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmtAsnS42_0

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

SedanChair posted:

He gave Bernie the old "Lando Cachet"

...he froze Sanders in carbonite before handing him over to Jeb!?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

My Imaginary GF posted:

He sang one song about a white guy he hates and believes in more conspiracy theories than a 9/11 truther

It only makes sense that Sandanistas tend to adore him.

And black people. Don't forget that.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/martinomalley/status/675363871478046720

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Hillary's decision to hammer the Obama thing so hard reinforces my belief in their strategy: hang tight and pray fkr a narrow Iowa win, but for God's sake don't let bernie Killer Mike/MLK his way to stealing the black vote.

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

etalian posted:

Because he's one hell of a public speaker and also a community activist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmtAsnS42_0

So he's like Obama!

Honestly the Sanderista "movement" feels like half-caf to what it was like in 2008.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Joementum posted:

joke post?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Killer Mike is a great rapper and a good guy but I really kinda love that Sanders' biggest booster is a dude who thinks the church and the government conspire together to funnel riches to the secret (not gonna say Jew but Jew) shadow government that REALLY runs the world.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

No. I think it's a real conflict of interest here.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/NickKristof/status/688919727599669249

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
ANDREA: Uh, Sen. Sanders, I'm getting a message from our fact checkers in the studio.. they're saying that it wasn't Wall Street that caused the financial crisis. It was *double take* Alan Greenspan???

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Joementum posted:

No. I think it's a real conflict of interest here.

She's mad that Bernie gave her hubby lots of spankings in congressional hearings on the economy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJaW32ZTyKE

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

http://www.vox.com/2016/1/17/10784706/sanders-speaking-time-democratic-debate

Poor MOM got less than 15 minutes of air time in the debate, compared to Hillary's 27:30 and Bernie's 30 minutes. He did pretty good with his 15 minutes though.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Not a Step posted:

http://www.vox.com/2016/1/17/10784706/sanders-speaking-time-democratic-debate

Poor MOM got less than 15 minutes of air time in the debate, compared to Hillary's 27:30 and Bernie's 30 minutes. He did pretty good with his 15 minutes though.

I'm sick of the biased media ignoring Bernie Sanders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax
LaRiva \ Puryear 2016

Accept no substitutes!

• Locked thread