Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I fell off a ladder and lost 16000 blood echoes and then watched the chiefs lose to the pats. I'm in a deep depression

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

I love these "statues" in the unseen village. You can only really see them in decent light when the red moon is out and screw fighting all the corpse boxes

They remind me of the hands resist him:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hands_Resist_Him

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I love these "statues" in the unseen village. You can only really see them in decent light when the red moon is out and screw fighting all the corpse boxes

They remind me of the hands resist him:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hands_Resist_Him

lol cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope there is a blog cataloging every bloodborne statue. would be a good resource

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX0DVxJBj6g I'm at O&S on my SL1 run now.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

I hope there is a blog cataloging every bloodborne statue. would be a good resource

yeah, it's good poo poo
http://imgur.com/a/CDX9i

also, Jerks Sans Frontieres videos. the cainhurst one is excellent
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCutDYNaok6TxG_bTE26YJmQ/videos

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah those pics rule

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao nice

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
cthulhu

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
After opening the floodgates in new londo I half expected to hear the Zelda puzzle solved sound

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

O&S SL1 is freaking hard.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also think I screwed myself with my weapon selection, battle axe is a little slow to be able to hit reliably and i think armor guys are always weaker to blunt weapons, which would have helped. Ah cest la vie

my wheelhouse
Nov 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
So I just got into Ailing Loran after a little grinding for the materials and rushed it to get the Beast Claws hoping to p0op the Hunters Essence trophy and it didn't. :wtc: I have every weapon and even re-bought some of them, except Torch isn't showing up to purchase again. I guess I could finish again and go to NG+++? I don't know, but I have that trophy and Yharnam Queen trophy and it's plat town.

Also how do I progress in the Pthumerian chalices, I'm in the lower one but never got another chalice after beating it. Do it again or search the chalice more? I do search them pretty thoroughly, as frustrating as it can be at times.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my wheelhouse posted:

So I just got into Ailing Loran after a little grinding for the materials and rushed it to get the Beast Claws hoping to p0op the Hunters Essence trophy and it didn't. :wtc: I have every weapon and even re-bought some of them, except Torch isn't showing up to purchase again. I guess I could finish again and go to NG+++? I don't know, but I have that trophy and Yharnam Queen trophy and it's plat town.

Also how do I progress in the Pthumerian chalices, I'm in the lower one but never got another chalice after beating it. Do it again or search the chalice more? I do search them pretty thoroughly, as frustrating as it can be at times.

There is a bug if you finish collecting all weapons trophy with a character you started pre-DLC. I had the same issue but if you repurchase the starting 3 weapons from the store in the dream it should pop

my wheelhouse
Nov 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

In Training posted:

There is a bug if you finish collecting all weapons trophy with a character you started pre-DLC. I had the same issue but if you repurchase the starting 3 weapons from the store in the dream it should pop

Yeah it's a pre-DLC character, played through the DLC with it. I have repurchased the starting items and still nothing.

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.

my wheelhouse posted:

You're supposed to get the Defiled Chalice (which is a Pthumeru Chalice) after beating the blood letting beast.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Vulich the Subtle posted:

You're supposed to get the Defiled Chalice (which is a Pthumeru Chalice) after beating the blood letting beast.

you have to do ailing loran afterwards as well since it has some materials you need for the defiled chalice. so lower pthumeru, then ailing loran, defiled pthumeru.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
So is Mergo's Wet Nurse a Great One? Picked the game back up after watching Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson play it on Twitch while giving his commentary on the Cruz/Dillashaw fight

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I think the trophy says it is, fwiw

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I love the lore in this game.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

lol at the health drop in defiled chalice. gently caress you

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
please tell me how to beat 4kings as a dex/pyro guy

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

to beat 4kings with any build put on havel's set, then stand in front of a king and hit attack until it dies

repeat until they are dead and heal when necessary

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Cnidaria posted:

to beat 4kings with any build put on havel's set, then stand in front of a king and hit attack until it dies

repeat until they are dead and heal when necessary

yeah. ive never fought them any other way because they're to scary to fight fairly

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
My eyes are retarded from my big rear end brain crushing them so I cant tell how. Far they are in the abyss.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

the fact that you are fighting them in a pitch black void and that their body partially phases through the "floor" makes it really hard to fight them normally

there is basically no point of reference you can use to gauge your dodges and their attacks have huge range

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Just assume you'll get hit by every attack and dodge accordingly.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat them with QFS and Power Within

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Power Within is like the beast blood pellet of dark souls , and once you master it's use you can gently caress up hella bosses

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

On my quad bow run (Longbow, Dragonbow, Evelyn and Heavy Crossbow) dressed as a silver knight I beat them with just the heavy crossbow. that was hard as balls.

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006

In Training posted:

I beat them with QFS and Power Within

I need to run depths a few times for humanity, I was bad and looked up stats on QFS and didn't know it scaled with soft humanity. Also didn't know that nest was in undead asylum at all so I got to trade for the mats to pump it to +4

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

i beat 4 kings with quelaag's fury sowrd and power within.

you can buy twinkling from the giant blacksmith btw.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Vulich the Subtle posted:

i beat 4 kings with quelaag's fury sowrd and power within.

you can buy twinkling from the giant blacksmith btw.

Qfs uses those chunks the demon guys drop

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Benny D posted:

Qfs uses those chunks the demon guys drop
oh gosh, whoops. might be about time to go back to lordran.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

You can get enough to max it out in one playthrough but I don't think you get enough from the basement in Sens alone

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
You can trade dung pie and prism stone once per playthrough for a demon titanite each too. I might go back to sens and do the basement, I'm at 40 dex and I still can't beat 4kinfs in a dmg race for some reason

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

crunk dork posted:

You can trade dung pie and prism stone once per playthrough for a demon titanite each too. I might go back to sens and do the basement, I'm at 40 dex and I still can't beat 4kinfs in a dmg race for some reason
im thinking really hard how i beat 4kings.

think i went naked, obv qfs and power within, chloranthy ring adn rfap, and the grass crest shield. i two-handed qfs and dodged into their attacks to get right alongside them and wailed on them.

good luck out there.

Vulich the Subtle fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jan 18, 2016

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

lol at the health drop in defiled chalice. gently caress you

you actually take less damage as well. 35% less dmg i think. but you still take 100% arcane and fire damage

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Power Within is like the beast blood pellet of dark souls , and once you master it's use you can gently caress up hella bosses

its a lot stronger than beast pellets .. to be honest, i dont like using it cos its so powerful. but i would if i did an sl 1 run with a pyromancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

its a lot stronger than beast pellets .. to be honest, i dont like using it cos its so powerful. but i would if i did an sl 1 run with a pyromancer

I upgraded my glove a bunch but I've been trying to limit spells and only have fireball. I will probably use it on 4kings though bc I imagine that fight is gonna be a real monster