Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Stringbean posted:

We'll go with that (I just forgot to turn off my Override dammit!)

Had my Gall Bladder removed :(

So long as you're okay. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Pattonesque posted:

They do but certain 'mechs are always gonna be good unless they receive massive negative quirks. The clan power quartet (Timber Wolves, Stormcrows, Cheetahs, Dire Wolves, and Hellbringers and Ebon Jaguars to an extent) come to mind, as do certain IS robots to a lesser extent (Stalkers have inherent advantages beyond big quirks, the Raven-3L is probably always going to have a place somewhere).

In the case of Dragons, the quirks were all they had going for them. I kind of suspect Quickdraws are in the same space (although not to the extent the Dragons are).

I'd go so far as to say that the Marauders don't need quirks to be good.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

A.o.D. posted:

I'd go so far as to say that the Marauders don't need quirks to be good.

I haven't tried them yet but shield side plus high ballistic mounts seems to be a good combo

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

The amount of punishment Marauders seem to take before going down is absurd. Them and Crabs have really wonky hurtboxes and end up spreading damage everywhere.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Love Stole the Day posted:

imo whatever changes they will make aren't going to be drastic enough to matter to someone who isn't already themselves very intimate with this game. the way i see it: play cool looking robots, find one you really like, and gently caress around with all sorts of build orders on it to find something that works for you.

The change in mech scale for a bunch of mechs is probably one of the most dramatic mech balancing events that has yet happened. We've had dramatic weapon balances, but the change here will be specific to how mech performs in the field vs other mechs and vs terrain.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

EoRaptor posted:

The change in mech scale for a bunch of mechs is probably one of the most dramatic mech balancing events that has yet happened. We've had dramatic weapon balances, but the change here will be specific to how mech performs in the field vs other mechs and vs terrain.

I'm really interested to see what happens with the Nova, because that chassis is being held back by low arm mounts and the fact that it's about 50 percent too big, and even then you can still do work in brawls

if they remove one of those limitations it might get a lot better

Catapult is another one, because the splatcat is brutal with SRM changes and structure buffs

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I had to look up Shining Finger and found this clip: https://youtu.be/zp_1l-AO3Qk?t=48s

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

teepo posted:

what i'm surprised about the most is how i haven't grown tired of the game yet

What other populated game are you going to play that has big stompy mechs in it, mech customisation and actual players to shoot?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Jamfrost posted:

I had to look up Shining Finger and found this clip: https://youtu.be/zp_1l-AO3Qk?t=48s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1UuEHmxG0U

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

teepo posted:

considering the number of goons still playing, and the fact that it sucks less now ...

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Oh man the Thunderbolt SE has large pulse laser quirks?

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

ZenVulgarity posted:

I have like 10m cbills and I'm wondering if I should save them or make a terrible decision like buying an executioner just for the god hand build

Or do I buy three quickdraws and fart along

I made a post on reddit about this and had some good dudes reply. This patch won't really change anything. Quickdraws, Firestarters, Blackjacks are all still gonna be good.

The Blackjack will eventually get its insane structure quirks nerfed, though. Everyone figures even after a nerf to the structure quirks, its still gonna be a beast. It has sweet hitboxes, speed, and is just a cool mech.

The Quickdraw is in the group of mechs that need rescaled. Most people assume that it'll perform better seeing as it already has very good hardpoints, hitboxes, and shield arms.

Honestly, I think you're safe if you pick up three Quickdraws. Besides the rescaling is due (soon)^tm... so its gonna have plenty of life left for being an overpowered laser spamming sonuffabitch.

Just be warned, people like shooting Quickdraws, its no secret its good and dudes will focus you like they focus Timberwolves or other "meta" mechs. Pilot one and suddenly you'll start seeing whole lances make an effort to focus you down.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Only thing I hope they do weapons wise is make Clan lasers a little less hot. And tune down ballistics heat across the board.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

teepo posted:

If it weren't for this community's atmosphere in Mumble day-to-day, I would've bailed on this after maybe a week of playing.

I've gotten my fill of SCat stuff. I just show up to shoot robots with cool people at this point.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I like gauss rifles

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

ZenVulgarity posted:

I like gauss rifles

If the cool down gets dropped back down to reasonable levels I'll start running them over large pulses again. Right now LPL beats out PPC and gauss unless the mech is heavily quirked. Or, you run like, two gauss.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
some top-tier popcorn in this brown sea thread

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/219870-structure-quirks/

featuring a video of noted clan Bad Gyrok being Bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=664yzNZep9c

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
WIthin the limits of keeping Gauss a useful weapon, I'd rather see it's other stats nerfed if they'd only remove the charge-up. Leading ballistic + charge-up + wepaon explodes if critted is a result of knee-jerk balancing and simply dumb.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Yesterday I was in my terrible ER Stalker that I properly named "Abomination" and hit a 75% Highlander peeking over a ridge on HPG with a full 2x ER PPC, 4x ER Large alpha and it crumbled spectacularly. I don't think the guy knew what happened exactly.

~felt good~ man

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I enjoy 2xppc gauss misery

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It would be cool if they crippled Alpha Strike centric gameplay with like one Alpha = 80% more heat.

Just saying.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Ice Fist posted:

Yesterday I was in my terrible ER Stalker that I properly named "Abomination" and hit a 75% Highlander peeking over a ridge on HPG with a full 2x ER PPC, 4x ER Large alpha and it crumbled spectacularly. I don't think the guy knew what happened exactly.

~felt good~ man

Sniping in this game is an incredibly rewarding experience.

The best is when they spin around in circles frantically looking at each of their teammates to make sure they're not being teamkilled.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Skoll posted:

It would be cool if they crippled Alpha Strike centric gameplay with like one Alpha = 80% more heat.

Just saying.

So, you are saying they should just have extra heat appear if you fire too many weapons at once? Like some sort of Thermal Phantasm?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/russ_bullock/status/687731178296578048

This is an outrage, how dare they thinking of adding a solo-queue for group only mode!
Just when i learned that it should NOT be in the game (for no appearent reason at all) :viggo:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Over the weekend I kitted out an Atlas S according to the Goon Guide to Good Robots, and holy hell that this is amazing. I've made other assaults flee from a single CT alpha, and straight up ruined so many lights and mediums. After playing for the last 3-ish years as a dedicated light player, it's been cathartic.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

Yolomon Wayne posted:

This is an outrage, how dare they thinking of adding a solo-queue for group only mode!
Just when i learned that it should NOT be in the game (for no appearent reason at all) :viggo:

Yeaaaaah. If you think dropping with eleven other pub bads is going to fix your winrate.... I'm sorry. They'll be too many cockstrong yell bosses and people dicking around. Also, you bet your rear end people will sync drop in queue or use the global chat to ensure their group is lined up in the queue to drop together on a planet. poo poo, people would probably even move factions to ensure their group drops have a high chance of going off.

Unless they implement a button that throws you in a queue to line up for a drop like they do for quick play, meaning you don't know where you're dropping and against what faction, it's gonna be hella easy to circumvent the system and still mostly group with clan mates over VoIP and crush the gently caress out of casuals.

Just how much fun would it be to play a 30-45 minute match with complete randoms in CW? Zero.

Solo queue faction play has to draw from the regular faction play player base, so making two separate maps is gonna be out of the question, because again.... The smaller the playerbase, the higher the odds of getting your group to hit is going to be. There are CW clans that are so incredibly sperglord dedicated to pug stomping that they will find a way to farm it.

Endbuster fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 18, 2016

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Yeah a solo queue will absolutely not at all be abused by sync droppers. All problems fixed.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Yolomon Wayne posted:

That's quite a revision you have going on. You were called a dumbass for whining about playing solo in a mode designed for groups. And you kept whining, and then whined some more. Sorta like a dog who shits on the floor, and then pees when he gets his nose rubbed in it.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Yolomon Wayne posted:

i literally mentioned this in the same post that called you an idiot for wanting to solo drop in the less fun group focused game mode.

Elliotw2 posted:

Oh, they're planning to push this to faction mode, but for the love of god either convince goons or dig for the faction mumble.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Warhammer/new map stream

http://www.twitch.tv/ngngtv

also gauss rifles down to 5 seconds from 5.5 cooldown

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors
I noticed that WoL has about 4 days left on our Liao contract. Would it be possible to do a tour of the IS houses so people can pick up free mechbays?

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
wait until girl is finished touring so i too can get those free mech bays :c00lbutt:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

EoRaptor posted:

So, you are saying they should just have extra heat appear if you fire too many weapons at once? Like some sort of Thermal Phantasm?

It's no fun if it's only you who take the bait, damnit.

Takkaryx posted:

I noticed that WoL has about 4 days left on our Liao contract. Would it be possible to do a tour of the IS houses so people can pick up free mechbays?

I would not be opposed to this.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Where are the patch notes they said would be posted Monday? This company is a pile of poo poo, literally cannot even cut/paste something to their own drat webpage on time.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Skoll posted:

Just saying.

Source your quotes.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Skoll posted:

It's no fun if it's only you who take the bait, damnit.

I also considered Infernal Apparition

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Washout posted:

Where are the patch notes they said would be posted Monday? This company is a pile of poo poo, literally cannot even cut/paste something to their own drat webpage on time.

The Monday workday is not over yet.

TheStampede
Feb 20, 2008

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that."
So I've got a bit of a dilemma.

I'm sitting on 12 mill, and I have a choice. Do I a) buy the Stormcrow, or b) cash in my Shadow Cat and go for a Timber Wolf?

I have an XL kitted out Thunderbolt as well. CW isn't a huge issue, but eh, it's supposed to be the thing, eventually. The Stormcrow is pretty sex looking, but having more guns and armor then my Thunderbolt while still being maneuverable would be nice.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

TheStampede posted:

I'm sitting on 12 mill, and I have a choice. Do I a) buy the Stormcrow, or b) cash in my Shadow Cat and go for a Timber Wolf?

I have an XL kitted out Thunderbolt as well. CW isn't a huge issue, but eh, it's supposed to be the thing, eventually. The Stormcrow is pretty sex looking, but having more guns and armor then my Thunderbolt while still being maneuverable would be nice.

XL thunderbolt is really bad, should only use standards on them. If you want to do WoL clamwars then you should buy two more thunderbolts, if you want to start buying clan mechs then start with the stormcrow since you already have a heavy. Don't sell the shadowcat unless you hate the 2xppc or 2xLPL playstyle.

you never really sell mechs to upgrade, they all do different things. I mean there are some that are outright bad like dragons or orions or whatever but generally once you buy them you don't sell unless you really need mechbays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

TheStampede posted:

what's your Thunderbolt build? Most of the good ones can get away with no XL

• Locked thread