Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I'm playing a pretty neutral BH right now. It's pretty awesome imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

M_Sinistrari posted:

Yeah, that bit of news did make me genuinely smile.

Though I do have another question that's come up while doing the assorted storylines close together. What is the overarching timeline regarding the class stories? I know Imperial Balmorra happens before Republic Balmorra, and certain things from the Bounty Hunter's thing on Corellia place it happening before the Trooper's and some of the Siths. I know in one of the past LP threads there was some piecing together of one, but I can't remember if that was finished or not.
The Imperials are on Balmorra while the Republic are on Taris and vice versa. Canonically, the Imperials stop the reconstruction of Taris and the Republic re-take Balmorra.

Timeline wise it's a bit murky because quite a few of the stories happen simultaneously and there's some ambiguity about companion quests (Doc has a quest that is clearly before the start of the Agent story and Pierce has one that happens before the Knight gets to Corellia). There's also the question of how the BH ends up on a war torn Corellia but you can understand them not wanting to make a different version of Belsavis onwards for a single class.

I think this how it goes:

Bounty Hunter (full story)
Jedi Consular/Jedi Knight up to the end of Act 2 (some time during BH Act 2/3, finishes after BH Act 3)
Smuggler/Trooper/Warrior Act 1 (sometime towards the second half of Consular)
Doc's quest involving IA companion
Agent/Inquisitor Act 1 and Warrior Act 2
Inquisitor/Smuggler/Trooper/Agent Act 2
Consular Act 3
Pierce's personal quest involving The Bastion on Corellia
Smuggler/Agent Act 3
Inquisitor Act 3
Trooper/Warrior Act 3
Knight Act 3

Key timeline points I'm aware of that I'm basing this off:
The Emperor's Children starting to subvert the Republic
The end of the Bounty Hunter story arc
The Consular bringing The Rift into the Republic and discovering the Emperor's Children
The end of the second Knight story arc
Darth Baras reigniting the war
Emperor's Children infiltrating and subverting Corellia
The Warrior freeing the Emperor's voice
Pierce reforming his black ops unit and taking The Bastion on Corellia
The Smuggler defeating the Voidwolf
The end of the Agent story arc
The Trooper and Knight (Act 3) clearing most of the Imperial occupied areas on Corellia
The end of the Knight story arc

I've been deliberately vague on some of the points because they're fairly major spoilers and I assume some people haven't done some of the stories yet.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Speaking of Agents, I've just noticed a disturbing trend about mine: every non-crewmate character she flirts with ends up dying. Literally a Black Widow.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
As far as I can tell, BH is a professional conduct scale forced by the setting to map to LS/DS. I appreciate that the character gets to have a different moral axis than the wizards with weaponized good and evil.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
FYI for anyone wanting to buy endgame stuff, I can now make the following for these mats for you -

Advanced Resistive Hilt 43 (220 tank hilt) - 2 Dark Matter Catalysts
Advanced Versatile Hilt 43 (220 dps/heal hilt) - 2 Dark Matter Catalysts
Advanced Versatile Barrel 43 (220 DPS/heal barrel) - 2 Dark Matter Catalysts
Exarch Relic of Focused Retribution - 3 Dark Matter Catalysts + 6 Exotic Isotope Equalizers
Exarch Relic of Serendipitous Assault - 3 Dark Matter Catalysts + 6 Exotic Isotope Equalizers

Can also make a bunch of miscellaneous 220 earpieces and implants for 3 Strategic Resource Matrix and 10 Exotic Isotope Equalizers. Not quite as good as 220 raid drops, but better than commendation ones.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

CommunityEdition posted:

As far as I can tell, BH is a professional conduct scale forced by the setting to map to LS/DS. I appreciate that the character gets to have a different moral axis than the wizards with weaponized good and evil.
Honestly as a rule of thumb the DS/LS options for Smuggler/Trooper/Agent/Bounty Hunter are really more like Paragon/Renegade than anything else (and yes I'm aware you can do some particularly evil stuff as DS/Sith aligned Agent/Hunter and commit war crimes as a Trooper but it's the exception rather than the rule).

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 18, 2016

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Ephemeron posted:

Speaking of Agents, I've just noticed a disturbing trend about mine: every non-crewmate character she flirts with ends up dying. Literally a Black Widow.

James Bond syndrome

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

For PvP who the gently caress knows. No one seems to agree.

For DoT based specs (Hatred/Lethality/Madness/Medicine) in PvP 10% Alacrity, 35% Crit, the rest Power with zero Accuracy.

For every other spec 5% Alacrity, 40% Crit, the rest Power. For Marksman Sniper or Carnage Marauder you'll want ~3-5% Accuracy at the cost of Power and/or Alacrity.

Get your appropriate 6-piece bonus, remove any Accuracy enhancements and replace with Crit, then allocate your Augs, Implants, and Ear to reach the desired specs.

Those aren't the be all end all since PvP is way more about personal preference than PvE (I for one forgo Alacrity on most of my burst builds especially in Arena where burst is king) but you can't go wrong with those stats. Alacrity is basically a DPS increase (thus useful to specs that utilize pressure-based DPS not burst like Madness) while Crit is a burst increase. You hit a major point of diminishing returns for Alacrity at ~10% and ~40% for Crit while Power has no dr. You want the Accuracy on Marksman/Mara because the majority of your attacks are white (i.e. weapon) damage and affected by the base defense chance inherent to player characters.

Quick Edit for an example of what I mean by personal preference: for my Sorc healer I run 0 Alacrity in Ranked where fights aren't long enough for force management to be a concern. In regs where a stalemate at mid or whatever may occur I run 10% Alacrity to make force management easier.

DrunkenGarbageCan fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 19, 2016

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I am a bit disappointed, most Empire paths have an undercurrent of "Rebel Sympathizer" if you go light side. From what I've seen dark side Republic is "hate the Empire EVEN HARDER" which was not my jam

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Digital Osmosis posted:

DS Agent - Jack Baurer, but working for the Sith

I like to think my DS Agent is the most sarcastic sociopath in existence that everyone just puts up with because he is good at lying, cheating and murdering.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Holy poo poo I knew sorc/sages were OP in PVP but I didn't realize how much until I finally rolled one

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Okay this is bugging the actual poo poo out of me. How come sometimes I could preview lightsaber crystal colors with ctrl-click in the Galactic market and now I can't? :saddowns:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

Okay this is bugging the actual poo poo out of me. How come sometimes I could preview lightsaber crystal colors with ctrl-click in the Galactic market and now I can't? :saddowns:

There's always been a weird bug where you don't pull your weapon out in crystal previews. Always preview a weapon first, then click the crystal.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Which lightsabers... actually sound like lightsabers? I got that exposed crystal one for my inquisitor and it looks totally rad but it just makes this thin little psssh sound instead of a good, Star Warsy, TTSSSSHHHHHvvmmmmmmmmmmm. You know, like a light saber ought to.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I can't even hear my Inquisitor's lightsaber over the ever-present roar of LIGHTNING

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Empress Theonora posted:

Which lightsabers... actually sound like lightsabers? I got that exposed crystal one for my inquisitor and it looks totally rad but it just makes this thin little psssh sound instead of a good, Star Warsy, TTSSSSHHHHHvvmmmmmmmmmmm. You know, like a light saber ought to.

I don't have it handy but there's a youtube list with all the lightsabers (and blasters) showcasing their sounds. Because of course there is.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

I don't have it handy but there's a youtube list with all the lightsabers (and blasters) showcasing their sounds. Because of course there is.

WELL IT'S NOT LIKE WE CAN SPEND OUR TIME NIGHTMARE RAIDING THANKS BIOFAIL #UNSUB MIGHT AS WILL MAKE A YOUTUBE VIDEO

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Holy poo poo I knew sorc/sages were OP in PVP but I didn't realize how much until I finally rolled one

Sometimes you get a tank who knows enough to guard you and become Literally Invincible and the enemy team may as well go home.

Other times you spend an entire arena match kiting 4 DPS and at the end see that your tank from Orden Latina finished with 0 points in protection.:argh:

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Was thinking of running through the inquisitor storyline again, both because I remember it being kind of fun and because it's the only part of the game the briefly acknowledges if you're neutral. What do people think for leveling - Sorcerer for AOE / PVP domination instead of questing, or Assassin for stealthing through trash mobs?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I enjoyed the assassin storyline because you get to corrupt and then bone Ashara :dong:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

crew posted:

I enjoyed the assassin storyline because you get to corrupt and then bone Ashara :dong:
Well yeah, but that's just part of the general Inquisitor storyline, he's talking about the difference between the two advanced classes.

I enjoy both advanced classes on Inquisitor although I personally lean towards Hatred Assassin because I like stealth, I like self healing and it doesn't have positional requirements like Deception. Really I think it comes down to whether you want to play a caster/healer or whether you want stealth.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Medullah posted:

There's always been a weird bug where you don't pull your weapon out in crystal previews. Always preview a weapon first, then click the crystal.

Or if you have a companion with a lightsaber, you can use them.

The reason is actually the outfit system. If you're not using an outfit and displaying your equipped gear, you can preview crystals fine. If you're using an outfit though, since a weapon is not actually part of the outfit it won't show.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I actually really liked tanking assassin (I forget the name cause I did it pub side)

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

I have a 65 Sage solely for the purpose of rolling over people in PvP. I particularly like rolling as healer and making the opposing team super mad. When they try to focus on me I just bubble until help arrives or they give up because I just insta self heal+shield / aoe knockback and force speed for "see you later, shitlords".

Madness / Balance spec is particularly good for farming medals as you can top the damage and healing by just clicking one set of buttons.

I think I have a massive boner right now. :awesome:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Galewolf posted:

I have a 65 Sage solely for the purpose of rolling over people in PvP. I particularly like rolling as healer and making the opposing team super mad. When they try to focus on me I just bubble until help arrives or they give up because I just insta self heal+shield / aoe knockback and force speed for "see you later, shitlords".

I hate you people so much and I will dance a jig when the nerfs finally come for you. :rant:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

prefect posted:

I hate you people so much and I will dance a jig when the nerfs finally come for you. :rant:

Don't hate me for I have turned to this after trying pvp with JK :smith:

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
So, I've been playing this mostly as KotOR 3 for a while, having reasonable amounts of fun.
Question though, having just completed Act 2 my Knight got a warning about nearing the limit of Common Data Crystals. What am I supposed to do with these?

(And after glancing at a bunch of vendors, there's clearly like 27 different currencies, which is at least 22 too many. :argh:)

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Groetgaffel posted:

So, I've been playing this mostly as KotOR 3 for a while, having reasonable amounts of fun.
Question though, having just completed Act 2 my Knight got a warning about nearing the limit of Common Data Crystals. What am I supposed to do with these?

(And after glancing at a bunch of vendors, there's clearly like 27 different currencies, which is at least 22 too many. :argh:)

Earlier, each planet had their own planetary commendation, that you could only use on that planet. And you often didn't get enough to afford anything useful. It is much better now.

Buy gifts somewhere on fleet with them, and feed your companion.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
What is the cartel market item to buy if you are in need for credits? I have a spare few from the monthly stipend.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

WELL IT'S NOT LIKE WE CAN SPEND OUR TIME NIGHTMARE RAIDING THANKS BIOFAIL #UNSUB MIGHT AS WILL MAKE A YOUTUBE VIDEO

My uncle works at Bioware and he told me that all of their design decisions are based on doing the opposite of what you say you want in this thread.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Neutron posted:

What is the cartel market item to buy if you are in need for credits? I have a spare few from the monthly stipend.

I think of Lvl 60 Tokens and , uh, maybe a Hypercrate? On my server, Lvl 60 tokens fluctuate between 3.1 mil to 4.5 depending on who's listing.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Galewolf posted:

Don't hate me for I have turned to this after trying pvp with JK :smith:

I sympathize -- I really only enjoy PVP on my commando and mercenary. I'm pretty much good at standing still and pushing buttons to shoot people.

And even when I'm busy standing still and shooting someone, the melee types insist on running back and forth behind me like they have some kind of muscle disorder that prevents them from moving their arms without also running around like a crazy person. :argh:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

To be honest, I'd still play Sage even if they nerf it to the ground because healing other nerds to victory is fun :3:

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

StashAugustine posted:

I actually really liked tanking assassin (I forget the name cause I did it pub side)

This is the correct answer. I can't tell you how much I like my Sith assassin tank. I don't even run her with a heal companion anymore, I set Khem Val to damage, pop Dark Ward before a fight, and end every fight at 75%+ health while wrecking the ever-living poo poo out of absolutely everything.

Also, stealth is the superpower of superpowers in this game. This weekend I spent a little time playing my Sith warrior, who I do love also, but everything takes so long with him because he has to kill everything in his way in pretty much every tunnel/corridor in the game. My assassin just sneaks past them, kills the target, and then quick travels back to her objective.

I think my favorite quality of life thing in this game is reduced quick travel and most especially Priority Transport: Personal Starship. I remember this game at launch and having to do poo poo like go way down in the sewers, fighting big packs of rakghouls the whole way, and then having to turn around and fight your way all the way back out through the respawns and then drive all the way back to base because quick travel had a 30 (20? long-rear end time) cooldown.

Speaking of this, if I pay 1 million to lower the cooldown of rocket boost, does that only apply to that character or does it apply to my entire legacy? I bought the cartel pack that gives me rocket boost and literally yesterday discovered that legacy tab that lets you buy the upgrades. It's worth it IMO if it applies to every character but not so much if it's a million per guy.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
I'm just in awe at how much damage Force in Balance and Disturbance do with such little effort required.
This is coming off of a concealment scrapper where even Backblast will only crit for that much coming out of stealth

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm just in awe at how much damage Force in Balance and Disturbance do with such little effort required.
This is coming off of a concealment scrapper where even Backblast will only crit for that much coming out of stealth

Yeah it's always hilarious in an arena with my Sorc when the enemies bunch up together. One the other day, I hit the healer with my two dots, then just as I cast Death Field, two of his team mates rushed to get next to him just in time for dot spread.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Yeah it's always hilarious in an arena with my Sorc when the enemies bunch up together. One the other day, I hit the healer with my two dots, then just as I cast Death Field, two of his team mates rushed to get next to him just in time for dot spread.

Take the utility that adds a root to Overload.

1) Bunch everyone up with a smart Overload.

2) Cast Death Field.

3) Profit.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

pinkk posted:

Welp, I just stumbled upon an exploit. It seems sending companions out on crew skill missions while harvesting gathering node decos in your stronghold doesn't trigger the Resource Exhaustion debuff.

It's pretty likely to be a coincidence... The exhaustion debuff actually has a random chance of not applying whenever you click one of those, regardless of what else you're doing. I don't know what the odds are of getting a do-over but I'd guess somewhere around 25%. It's not 50-50 but it's not insanely rare either. The most clicks i ever got out of one thing before the debuff hit was 4 or 5.

There are these great decorations called "encrypted terminals" that I've bought about a dozen of for my stronghold. They're slicing nodes that give you a free box of money when you click on one, and they look awesome.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The slicing nodes make me laugh because it's like there's an ever replenishing money tree next to my legacy vault on Tatooine.

Too bad I'm lazy and don't click it nearly as often as I should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

The slicing nodes make me laugh because it's like there's an ever replenishing money tree next to my legacy vault on Tatooine.

Too bad I'm lazy and don't click it nearly as often as I should.

I finally crossed the ten-million-credit barrier, and I'm looking to add on; how would I go about getting one of these money trees?

• Locked thread