Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i think its the most difficult low sl fight. its hard to do enough dmg but power within might make it a lot easier. kalameet is hard as well if you do the dlc bosses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm probably not gonna do dlc, just 4 big bosses and Gwyn. I skipping a lot too, the only bosses I've fought so far were the undead burg bridge guy, gargoyles, quelaag and the sens fortress giant. Oh I also killed ceaseless discharge after Queelag for some extra souls, and I'm dumping humanity into chaos servant for the shortcut

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
Well it turns out that with the full Havel set on with the daddy mask and havels ring puts me at below 50% encumbered so that was the key to 4 kings

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Congrats.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Special item waits ahead and it is all thanks to amazon.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

im liking the orphan of kos fight. meanwhile i look at the secret boss fight with boredom.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Logarius was a loving joke with the auger in ng++

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
Am I missing out on anything cool DLCwise for my first ds1 playthrough or am I good to do it on NG+?? Tried fighting gwyn a couple times last night and got my rear end thoroughly best

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

crunk dork posted:

Am I missing out on anything cool DLCwise for my first ds1 playthrough or am I good to do it on NG+?? Tried fighting gwyn a couple times last night and got my rear end thoroughly best

before going into NG+ you could kill the blacksmiths for their hammers. also, shoot an arrow at the big lady with the hooters

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
Those all sound like terrible ideas that I will regret

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
Otoh I accidentally attacked the lady cleric in giants tomb when fighting the two other guys and killed them all and it was greatly rewarding so maybe I will...

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

crunk dork posted:

Those all sound like terrible ideas that I will regret

all the npcs reset when you go into ng+, but definitely dont commit crimes before youre ready to start over. id recommend attacking the big boob lady to anyone though

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i got watchdog down to under a quarter using inri's attack the legs strategy, still hate the fight, but it's more exciting than baiting nose hits

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just found a trap i've never seen before in a chalice: you step on the activator, and a bunch of messengers pull you into a portal, and you reappear somewhere else in the dungeon. i'd already cleared the room it pulled me into, so it didn't really do anything to me.

i also found a isz chalice with a blood rock on the first sideroom, guarded by nothing but 4 blue aliens and a brainsucker. i'll post the glyph in a bit.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i just found a trap i've never seen before in a chalice: you step on the activator, and a bunch of messengers pull you into a portal, and you reappear somewhere else in the dungeon. i'd already cleared the room it pulled me into, so it didn't really do anything to me.

i also found a isz chalice with a blood rock on the first sideroom, guarded by nothing but 4 blue aliens and a brainsucker. i'll post the glyph in a bit.

cool, i dont think ive ever seen that.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the glyph is z3b8k8sn for both the blood rock and the teleporter trap. the blood rock is in the first side room, and the teleporter trap is in the main area. the side room before the first boss has the +300 frenzy res caryll rune, which isn't anything great, but is a nice bonus.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i decided to use queen killer to beat defiled watchdog. i'll probably solo it the next time i play, but i really just want to power through to the last chalice at this point.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
The end boss in the cursed pthumerian defilement is one of my favorites in the game and I guess other people like it too because I am constantly getting summoned for that fight

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
was walking to my room today and I heard "away, away!" and the dude playing yelling bullshit over and over lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

The first time I hit a teleport trap I thought the game bugged out

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

crunk dork posted:

Well it turns out that with the full Havel set on with the daddy mask and havels ring puts me at below 50% encumbered so that was the key to 4 kings

This whole conversation is bizarre to me because I destroyed 4 kings on all My dex characters but in my new havels + zweihandr playthrough I'm stuck at four kings and can't make any progress

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

was walking to my room today and I heard "away, away!" and the dude playing yelling bullshit over and over lol

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just thought about the guy in Demon's 3-1 who goes rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhh

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006

Benny D posted:

This whole conversation is bizarre to me because I destroyed 4 kings on all My dex characters but in my new havels + zweihandr playthrough I'm stuck at four kings and can't make any progress

On ur dex guy what weapon did you use? I stopped trying to roll or block any of it and just kept smashing r1 until one died and then ran to the next

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I just thought about the guy in Demon's 3-1 who goes rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhh

he's angry I heard him even when I was playing Star Wars

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I always play a Dex guy as my first char because I like being lightweight and flippy. Also always use a weapon as close as possible to the demon's Uchigatana , so sick

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah my wife was cracking up at the character death scream and me cursing my rear end off

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

I always play a Dex guy as my first char because I like being lightweight and flippy. Also always use a weapon as close as possible to the demon's Uchigatana , so sick

I just started using the Murakumo in Dark Souls 2 at the end of the game and realized I need to get down with curved greatswords earlier in my next playthrough of a game

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

ok so saw cleaver is the best wep in the game right? stylish, high-damage, loads of coverage. am I missing anything?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stylish and high-damage describes nearly every weapon

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

Stylish and high-damage describes nearly every weapon

Dec 26, 2012

saw cleaver is very good though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

SciFiDownBeat posted:

ok so saw cleaver is the best wep in the game right? stylish, high-damage, loads of coverage. am I missing anything?

well, objectively, ludwigs is the best with high stats, the saw cleaver is probably the best with regular stats. but whats best for 1 person isnt necessarily best for another

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Saw cleaver is like picking bulbasaur. You're gonna wreck poo poo

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

well, objectively, ludwigs is the best with high stats, the saw cleaver is probably the best with regular stats. but whats best for 1 person isnt necessarily best for another

Saw Cleaver's DPS beats out Ludwig's on bosses unless you've got completely bonkers stats (that is, probably higher than level 100-150). Beast Blood Pellets help, too, because the Saw weapons build beasthood very quickly.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

The axe spinning attack was useful when i was just a young buck unable to properly hit a wolf man

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Harrow posted:

Saw Cleaver's DPS beats out Ludwig's on bosses unless you've got completely bonkers stats (that is, probably higher than level 100-150). Beast Blood Pellets help, too, because the Saw weapons build beasthood very quickly.

yeah, like i said, with high stats. :P

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

yeah, like i said, with high stats. :P

Oh yeah, you did say "regular stats" for Saw Cleaver. I read that as "low stats" for some reason.

Yep you're 100% right

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Use the scythe for style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Use the scythe for style
effin this