Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Glazius posted:

It would be kind of hilarious if those isotope-5 droids somehow became bigger and bigger pushovers as the campaign wore on.

That's pretty much exactly what happens.

We start fighting a big one that's actually a pretty alright solo boss fight as far as TOR goes, then Mort and Quintine get to kill some slightly smaller ones and the ones Mort fights here are roughly 1/3rd the size of the big one and about half the size of the medium ones. They're even called 'Rudimentary Isotope 5 droids.' 'Cause all the good ones already exploded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
And that's why you don't put your irreplaceable super-material in something that can be lost in a landslide.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

paragon1 posted:

And that's why you don't put your irreplaceable super-material in something that can be lost in a landslide.

Darth Marr's master plan with this stuff is to solve the energy crisis on the larger Sith worlds so they can build more ships.

Fumbles
Mar 22, 2013

Can I get a reroll?

There's an even better use of the material but you don't learn about its potential for another few expansions.

Really is strange to see the Empire as the plucky underdogs for this part of the campaign.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

That's something that TOR does regularly - introduces a new type of enemy, first as a rare boss-type thing and then gradually you fight more of them in the course of each level until they become chaff you slice through on the way to the new boss. It's definitely how Jedi and Sith were treated from the start, where a single Jedi or Sith was plenty Final Boss for the first flashpoint and by level 50 Corellia crawls with them.

I think that much like with the rest of the expansion, the droids are meant to be another clumsy misstep by the Hutts. They're showy and certainly powerful enough that only some of the galaxy's best problem-solvers can fight them one-on-one, but they're not exactly the cornerstone of a galactic conquest. We already saw Mort had the chance to lock down a bunch of them by flooding a room with lava, and even if they had the ark to ship them and any remaining isotope-5 offworld with they're exceptionally vulnerable without some kind of naval support.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Sith Warrior Endgame Update 16: This is the Ending

Is it sad that this guy’s tougher than the last three Isotope-5 droids we killed?
A bit, yeah. Ready for another montage?
Montage?!
A starfighter-killing Montage!
Montaaaaage!

Click for Hilariously Badly-Animated Video!

Well, that was stupid.
Very much so.
Let’s go kill the What’s-his-face.
The Warhound.
That’s what I said.
Careful. I hear he’s oldschool.

I have the second platform secured. Send in the engineers.
On their way.

This is Nadrin. That groundquake is the result of the first team’s drilling; expect the tremors to worsen as additional lasers come online.

This is, ah, against my better judgement. But what would those ‘warning signs’ be?
The planet exploding.
Ah. Right.

The last drill platform is surrounded by heavy cannons and the Archon’s personal guard: Whiphids and their hunting pets.
The Whiphids and their hounds can locate our people by scent, and even if our engineers get through, the cannons can obliterate the platform as a last resort.
That army isn’t meant to kill me. The Archon’s trying to slaughter any of our people who get close.
He knows he can’t stop you, but he can still win.
No he can’t.
Please secure passage for our engineering team quickly. Now that drilling has begun, our window of opportunity is limited.
Yeah, yeah.
We’ve killed pretty much everything else. How bad can this possibly be?

Oh.

Well, that’s a new one.

PTN’s note: The Rancor may have the single best death animation in the game. I didn’t quite catch it, but when you kill it, it falls ever so slightly to one side and twists just enough to avoid landing on the character standing directly in front of it. It’s really well done.

PTN’s note: Yes, I just praised TOR for something. It’s a Christmas miracle!

Wait.
I didn’t quite catch that.
Big guy, was… was that--

Force lightning?!

Well, yeah. I am a Sith.[/i]
:aaaaa:

PTN’s note: These things are bugged, when you blow them up you get trapped in the ‘blowing them up’ animation. If you have your weapons out sometimes that leads to hilarious results.

I have the last platform under control.

Platforms one and two are fully functional. Accelerating destabilization of the Makeb planetary core.

Running projections. The core will reach equilibrium shortly; Makeb will remain intact.

Fine, now let us go. We can get offworld and never bother you again. Please.
You did what was asked, and there’s no point in dying. Get to safety--but understand this:
Tell anyone what happened, and the Hutts will find out. If they know Makeb is safe, they’ll never give up your world.
We won’t spread it around. Thank you.
I will maintain control of the drills remotely as the planet stabilizes. I should be able to prevent this continent from collapsing.
My lord! Message from Darth Marr, but I’m getting interference….

Makeb has been stabilized. The Republic and the Hutts just don’t know it.
Impressive. Then we must keep your secret.
I have a fleet positioned several light-years away. When the last Republic and Hutt ships have fled Makeb, mine will secure the system.
Within the week, Makeb will be ours.
It appears the isotope-5 fluctuations are exacerbating Makeb’s atmospheric interference. It will take some time to restore offworld communications.
If people can’t communicate off-planet, the chances of the truth spreading are minimal.
Agreed. Could be a boon.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Makeb lives. :toot:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
And in a few thousand years it will be rediscovered and they'll call it 'Mustafar' this is not true

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

So, uhh, What happened to Moon Slayer? haven't seen him around in a while? I take it he's overworked, based on what usually leads to his Hiatus(hiatuses?) before...

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

PoptartsNinja posted:

And in a few thousand years it will be rediscovered and they'll call it 'Mustafar' this is not true

Shame on you.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
That was some storyline. Huh.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

The spinning death lotus! The ultimate lightsaber form!

Siegkrow posted:

So, uhh, What happened to Moon Slayer? haven't seen him around in a while? I take it he's overworked, based on what usually leads to his Hiatus(hiatuses?) before...
Yeah, pretty much. The False Emperor flashpoint will probably be the last we see of Abeena for a while.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Wait Moon slayer posted the false emperor? When?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Siegkrow posted:

Wait Moon slayer posted the false emperor? When?

Moon has most of False Emperor done, but still has a few other things to finish up before he can post and not much time to work on it.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

##Begin Log##

Captain’s Log, entry #006
Stardate: Bringing out the brains and brawn

Been a while since I had a minute to breathe – well, not that breathing's all that hot at the moment, the stink I'm in. We'll get to it.

I'm gonna sum up a bit and tell you Toborro the Hutt didn't fold like a bad pazaak hand after the Regulators got their nose bloodied. Instead he started cutting loose these isotope-5-powered super-droids to terrorize the people of Makeb into letting themselves blow up. Interesting plan.

So after saving the town of Tarlam from one droid attack and dealing with a few Imperial entanglements, me and Corso headed to Shalim's new headquarters outside the ark to find out what the holdup with the evacuation was.

quote:

Shalim Avesta: This is Gez Addar, one of the Republic's top engineers and a brave man for coming down here.

Gez Addar: Captain, I was working at the Republic shipyards you saved from the Voidwolf. Any chance I can get your autograph – or a few hours to explore your ship?

Quentine: I don't like people poking around my ship. Autographs are no problem.

Ged Addar: Fantastic. Here, you can scratch the screen on this datapad...

Risha's always after me for not taking my brand management seriously. If it was up to her, I'd be signing gift-shop knick-knacks in Coronet for the rest of the war.

Right, missed this from before. Toborro backed his threat up by telling us the ark'll only fly with isotope-5, something only he has. I figured he was bluffing to save his oily hide, but...

quote:

Gez Addar: The ark was specifically built to run on isotope-5. It's the only energy source capable of pushing that massive vessel through Makeb's atmosphere.

Quentine: I still haven't heard a decent explanation for what that substance is. What makes isotope-5 so special?

Gez Addar: It appears to be a radioactive variant of illerium unique to Makeb's planetary core. From what little I've examined, it's nearly a template element.

Gez Addar: Isotope-5 can be modified into all manner of useful configurations, including a potent fuel source. But I'm no expert.

It's a better answer than I had before, but mostly it sounds like trouble. No wonder the Empire's snooping around. We're probably lucky the ion storm's keeping everyone grounded and the planet's about to explode, I'd hate to think what'd happen if them or the Hutts got their hands on it.

quote:

Gez Addar: Whoa – the only five-time winner of the Bao-Dur Science Prize is on Makeb? Are you saying he designed the ark?

Doctor Lemda Avesta: Probably those droids, too. Doctor Oggurob has been holed up at the Sanctuary research complex since before his people invaded. If anyone knows about isotope-5, it's him.

Quentine: Sounds like we're headed for Sanctuary. We need a full briefing, and quick. I can feel the ground shifting while we stand here.

Doctor Lemda Avesta: The Sanctuary Research Complex is one of the most advanced experimental laboratories in the galaxy. It's on an isolated mesa completely under Hutt control.

Shalim Avesta: There's no telling what sort of defenses a genius like Doctor Oggurob has there, and you'll be going in blind.

I know I said 'quick', but so far as briefings go, “Head over there and grab a scientist” is still pretty thin on details. I figure if I'm going to work overtime on this job I might as well have some fun with it.

quote:

Quentine: I promise to stay alive. You'll be worried the whole time I'm gone, won't you?

Doctor Lemda Avesta: I've been worried sick since before you landed on Makeb.

Shalim Avesta: We're only getting one chance at this – we can't afford to be wrong about anything. Doctor Oggurob has the knowledge we need.

Scientists are almost as weird as Jedi. Still, the ark was a science problem, and since we don't have time to get off this rock some other way that means we needed Toborro's isotope-5 expert. Well, that and probably a whole lot of fuel, but one problem at a time.

Huh. Does my holo-log always take those behind shots from such a low angle?

I just... never noticed how much of my butt's in these shots before.

Shalim sent a team ahead of us to secure a landing zone on the Sanctuary mesa. I figured we'd need them for extraction too, but... well, we'll get to that.

Risha tapped in for this one, which suited me fine since this job was more grab and less smash and she's always topped the team for sneaking. Even finished swapping out her princess threads for something a little more rugged. I asked if it was another gift from her prince handsome, but she just smiled.

As for the infiltration, well, like the Avestas said we were flying blind. Luckily, a security terminal on the outer gate managed to grab our attention.

quote:

Quentine: The Republic sent me here to protect its people from a Hutt invasion. The word you're looking for is “defender”.

I also accept “Hero”, “Scoundrel” and “Dashingly Handsome”, but mostly I just get mad when people think my vocab doesn't reach four-syllables.

quote:

Mysterious Ally: No offense intended. I'm confident you are quite the hero.

Mysterious Ally: There are many on this mesa being forced to work as slaves. We would be honored to aid your attack.

Mysterious Ally: We possess detailed data on the lethal security grid Toborro installed across the mesa. We'll help you destroy it so you can enter the main complex and we can escape.

quote:

Mysterious Ally: I am transmitting data on several key objectives. Each will provide you ample opportunity to convey your displeasure with Toborro. Stand by...

Not exactly what I was expecting, but no point looking a gift gundark in the ears. The data-dump included a map of the mesa and highlighted plenty of important-looking security systems for us to hit. Little light on the details, though.

The Sanctuary research site was a tricky maze of test grounds, security towers, light bridges and buried bunkers. Without an inside source, I can tell you we'd still be picking through that haystack - or maybe just dead.

As it was, we knew just what lines to cut and what patrols to hit. Picking off the droids to blind Regulator security was an easy place to start.

Then there were the security towers with all their sensor equipment and comm relays. Normally we wouldn't have the kind of ordnance needed to bring those down, but someone thoughtfully popped the maintenance panels for us.

I never asked what kind of experiments they got up to on Sanctuary, and from the looks of some of the inmates I'm glad I didn't have to find out.

The last stop in our raid was knocking out the secondary command bunker for the main complex. This was where the Regulator dispatchers were set up trying to react to someone kicking over their sandcastle.

Needless to say, we didn't give them a chance to retaliate.

With the complex's outer security destroyed, all we had to worry about now was finding Doctor Oggurob's lab and whatever surprises they had left down there.

quote:

Mysterious Ally: Splendiferous! You've eliminated many of that bully's unforgivably barbaric thugs, but more remain inside the complex.

Mysterious Ally: Once you've eliminated them and disabled any internal defenses, we will evacuate Sanctury. Your heroics are most appreciated, and we will return the favor.

Yeah, I could tell something was up by now - the 'splendiferous' was a dead giveaway - but I didn't get the feeling this was a trap. We'd already shut down more than enough hidden security systems to know the mystery voice on the comms could've let us fry from the start if that was their plan.

He also gave us the location of the main bunker's entrance, and hacking the secondary bunker meant the door was open and unguarded. So far, so good.

Of course, the bunker still had security to worry about.

Not many Regulators left, I've been noticing. Most of the security and staff were droids, and not even those new isotope-5 ones. Guess Toborro must be running out of warm bodies to throw at his problems.

The data our 'friend' gave us included the layout of the complex and a big red circle drawn around the main power generator. There was some technical details attached but the short version is it had to go.

No idea what kind of experiments they were running down there or how many systems we were shutting down by switching off the generator, but nothing blew up in our face so I'll call it mission accomplished.

Now that we had a clear break to Oggurob's cell-slash-lab, we took it. I still wasn't completely sure what to expect, but what we found wouldn't have been my first guess.

Recommended for a totally surprising, not at all obvious twist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n90RmHYFvE8

quote:

Doctor Oggurob: I am an artist, Toborro – but I require the proper time and materials to produce my masterpieces. Respect my process!

Toborro the Hutt: Liar! The Republic and Empire have united against me, and now you've joined the enemy. I see who stands in your lab!

Quentine: Don't mind me, I'm just enjoying the show. I never knew how big Hutts' nostrils could flare when they get upset with each other.

Toborro the Hutt: Do not mock me! I'll grind that pretty face of yours into the dirt!

I know I'm pretty, but having even Hutts recognize it is new ground.

quote:

Toborro the Hutt: There will be no deal! If you are not with me, you are dead!

*Click*

So Toborro's not taking losing all that well. I'm starting to think the guy's not just your average selfish, greedy, short-sighted, spiteful cartel boss. Even most of them would know when to throw in the towel and start negotiating terms. Fortunately, the new Hutt was a lot easier to deal with.

quote:

Doctor Oggurob: Churlish nincompoop! You can see why I was forced to lend my brilliance to your assault. I'm glad you're here.

Doctor Oggurob: My apologies for the earlier subterfuge – a necessary contrivance. Toborro seized control of my defenses and was watching me closely. But I am no one's prisoner!

Quentine: You helped us defeat your own security grid. I thought your people only spoke in Huttese.

Y'know what? I'm not even surprised. The security grid stuff wasn't a big shock either, turns out Oggurob didn't even have any slaves working at Sanctuary, which I guess made our job a little easier.

quote:

Doctor Oggurob: We have complementary goals. You want what Toborro possesses, and I wish very much not to die here.

Doctor Oggurob: Provide me with transport off this doomed planet. I will aid your efforts to recover the isotope-5 fuel rods that power Toborro's ark.

Quentine: You're the only halfway-decent Hutt I've met in a while. I suppose that should count for something.

Doctor Oggurob: How fortunate for me, that my brethren have profoundly lowered your expectations.

You can say that again. Going by Bareesh back on Nar Shadda and now Oggurob, Hutts are batting two for every-other-Hutt-ever when it comes to being kind of okay.

quote:

Doctor Oggurob: I have a personal shuttle here. It's large enough to accommodate us all. Thanks to you, it can now fly.

When Ogg said "personal shuttle", he meant personal. This thing'd be cozy enough if it were just me and Risha, add in the good doctor and now I'm wedged under what I think is a fold of back-fat. Let's not even talk smell.

Just a little longer until we make it back to the Giant's Spear, then hopefully we can start getting some answers on how to get the ark going and get out of this mess. And into a shower.

##End Log##

Dolash fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 8, 2016

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

I like Oggurob. Hutts have a lot more character when they speak English Basic instead of their usual alien burbling. See also the Archon on the Imperial side.

I hated this mission though- I played it with a non-stealth class and it was just painful- an endless slog through unavoidable enemies with double the HP they should have. This was back before they rebalanced Makeb too, so attempting to charge through would just get you killed quickly.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I never realized before, but Vette and Risha are wearing the same top in different colors. BFFs :haw:

Dolash posted:

Huh. Does my holo-log always take those behind shots from such a low angle?

Yes it does. If you want to suddenly feel really skeevy, consider this: the female default pose (as seen in the loading screen) is at a slight angle and slightly offset from the standard male pose. So if Quintine was a woman he'd be pulling a full Miranda Lawson.

:eng99:

The Hutts were one of the Star Wars galaxy's 30-odd precursor races. I'm entirely sure this isn't the canon explanation, but I like to believe the reason Huttese sounds like pidgin English is because "Galactic Basic" is actually a basic form of Huttese that's easier for most of the "slave races" to pronounce. This is probably not true, but it's the kind of odd linguistic detail I think would be amusing. :v:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

PoptartsNinja posted:

The Hutts were one of the Star Wars galaxy's 30-odd precursor races. I'm entirely sure this isn't the canon explanation, but I like to believe the reason Huttese sounds like pidgin English is because "Galactic Basic" is actually a basic form of Huttese that's easier for most of the "slave races" to pronounce. This is probably not true, but it's the kind of odd linguistic detail I think would be amusing. :v:

Out of curiosity I looked it up on wookieepedia, and no the explanation is that Basic is an evolution of Coruscanti, the original native language of Coruscant that became a widespread galactic trade language during Coruscant's rise as a hub of galactic trade and politics, and is an extreme descendant of the Rakatan slave language.

Huttese seems to be completely unrelated, and became widespread for the same reasons as Basic.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Cythereal posted:

an extreme descendant of the Rakatan slave language.

I was closer than I expected to be.

Huttese may be the same then, since pretty much everyone but the Killiks were slaves to the Rakata. And having just been reminded that Killiks exist I am suddenly incredibly glad this is all 'legacy' content now.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Inferior posted:

I like Oggurob. Hutts have a lot more character when they speak English Basic instead of their usual alien burbling. See also the Archon on the Imperial side.

Yeah, I think that's a general thing in SWTOR where characters whose voiced lines are just one of a set of generic alien lines are harder to take seriously as characters. Having the more significant, talkative Hutts have proper voiced lines was probably a conscious decision beyond just if it was in-character. Although I find it kind of interesting that unlike Mass Effect's implicit universal translator, in Star Wars I guess everyone just speaks Huttese too, along with every other weird alien language (including the dead ones like the Rakatans).

I'm a little disappointed that the smuggler isn't the only one who can understand Bowdaar and you get to translate for him from time to time, to complete the Han Solo experience. I remember back in KOTOR, Zaalbar made a bit of a deal over the fact that Revan could understand Shrywook.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dolash posted:

Although I find it kind of interesting that unlike Mass Effect's implicit universal translator, in Star Wars I guess everyone just speaks Huttese too, along with every other weird alien language (including the dead ones like the Rakatans).

Mass Effect explicitly has a translator - in 2, Shepard can mention her translator glitching when one companion starts talking about his race's mythology, using words and concepts that don't translate easily.

I think in TOR it's mostly a holdover from the KOTOR games, which handwaved Revan's and the Exile's ability to understand most alien languages by using the Force - and even then, there's a few times they can't understand certain obscure alien languages.

In this game, the only times language problems come up is when interacting with the Gree. I think every time Rakata come up who are capable of understanding Basic, it's because their computer systems have been hooked into more modern computer networks. Easy to use the Force handwave for half the classes, language classes would make sense for the trooper and agent, and the smuggler and hunter are both well acquainted with the seedy side of the galaxy so it makes sense they know Huttese.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Ahh yes. Doctor Ogurobb, my Favorite hutt.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Siegkrow posted:

Ahh yes. Doctor Ogurobb, my Favorite hutt.

That's about as high a bar as "best disco song."

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
Was not expecting a shout to a KotOR2 companion... especially Bao Dur of all them.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Paused posted:

Was not expecting a shout to a KotOR2 companion... especially Bao Dur of all them.

An interesting choice, yeah. It makes me think of the Nobel prize, as Nobel's most infamous invention was dynamite and Bao Dur's was the Mass Shadow Generator.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wait, wait, wait. Was that Hutt expecting our new doctor buddy to build isotope-5 droids without any actual isotope-5?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Really? "The Bao-Dur Science Prize"? That's a rough draft way of putting it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Glazius posted:

Wait, wait, wait. Was that Hutt expecting our new doctor buddy to build isotope-5 droids without any actual isotope-5?

Yeah, he's got phazon madness.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I know tha Jabba understands and speaks many languages, but he only speaks Huttese as a sign of its greatness.

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011

Glazius posted:

Either with the Isotope-5 he didn't have, or with the Isotope-5 that's in the fuel rods they need to get the Ark to launch.

Either way, that is not a very clever Hutt.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Hello, thread! Just dropping by to say that:
1) No, I am not dead.
2) Yes, I am too busy these days to do updates.

And, to be honest, I've basically lost the desire to continue. I made it through the unique class quests and told the story I wanted to, but these days I just have no desire to sit down and write anything in my (limited) free time.

I'm happy people enjoyed reading my parts of it, and grateful for everyone who came along for the ride, especially my fellow LPers.

As for False Emperor, it's sitting in a Google Doc that the others have access to. They have my permission to finish editing it and post it. In fact, that's probably going to be the only way it gets seen. Same for the table of contents in this thread - if someone wants to whip up a list and PM it to me, I'll edit it in.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Moon Slayer posted:

Hello, thread! Just dropping by to say that:
1) No, I am not dead.
2) Yes, I am too busy these days to do updates.

And, to be honest, I've basically lost the desire to continue. I made it through the unique class quests and told the story I wanted to, but these days I just have no desire to sit down and write anything in my (limited) free time.

I'm happy people enjoyed reading my parts of it, and grateful for everyone who came along for the ride, especially my fellow LPers.

As for False Emperor, it's sitting in a Google Doc that the others have access to. They have my permission to finish editing it and post it. In fact, that's probably going to be the only way it gets seen. Same for the table of contents in this thread - if someone wants to whip up a list and PM it to me, I'll edit it in.

Godspeed Moon Slayer, may the force aid you in all your future Endeavors.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Sith Warrior Endgame Update 17: … Or was it?!

Llane didn’t make it. Protison’s on one leg, but he can hold a rifle.

My lord, we were attacked by the Archon’s forces. A dozen Regulators with an assault shuttle.

Mistress Niar told me to hide, and I did, like a grubling. I heard her kill one of the enemy; then, only noise.
Cowards grabbed our people and ran. They wanted prisoners for interrogation.
If the Archon learns we saved Makeb, the Hutt fleet will never leave. We have to find Niar and the others.
Yes, my lord.
That shuttle flew toward the Archon’s estates. I’m down to two fit men and one blaster pack--but if you want to hit back, I can get you field intel.
The Archon has insulted me for the last time. I will teach him fear.
What?
Expect a lot of automation: droids, turrets, particle shields… anything the Archon would hold back or couldn’t use on the battlefield.
He knows you’re coming, and he’s got the home-team advantage. So basically, it’s a death trap.

For. Him.
There is also--forgive me for reiterating, but you should understand our predicament here.
I am monitoring the laser drilling, but without careful adjustment, we risk imminent release of subterranean toxins and continental devastation.
In short, all life on the planet is very likely to die if I am further distracted.

Not with precision. If you require very large areas obliterated… perhaps? But I cannot imagine why.
Yes you can.
You’d better go. The prisoners will have landed by now, which means the Archon’s probably shining up his pain droids.
Besides, if he makes them talk… the Hutt fleet will melt you, me and Nadrin’s drills from orbit. Give him hell.

Sergeant Bedareux here. The outer guard station’s nearby. If you can take control, I can get you more intel.
Hi there! You must be new in--

ARGH!

Welp. They put the shields up.
Then let’s tear them down!

Groundquakes are heavily impacting the eastern continent. I am attempting to compensate, but you may experience tremors.

Force field’s blinking, but she’s not down. You need more firepower.

The Archon… he had machines… he put a tube in my head….
He knows we saved the planet. Son of a sow’s going to tell the Hutts.

You have been paid. That alone should still your simian tongue.
Besides, Makeb is not exploding, and I now have proof. Prepare to attack all Imperial positions; once the atmospheric interference clears, I will alert the fleet.

PTN’s note: The musical stinger for Mort’s entrance is pretty much perfect. Please watch the video!

By no means. Invading Stronghold One, seizing the laser drills to save Makeb… from the start, you have impressed me.
Alas, it is the Hutt Empire that will receive Makeb’s bounty. My people will no longer be mocked as we are envied. We will not be criminals… but kings.

If I were mad, you wouldn’t be so desperately trying to stop you.
Who’s trying to stop you? I’m going to kill you.

Click for Video (Recommended!)

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

M-Metal Gear?!

But more seriously, putting a Hutt in a giant mech is probably the only way to make them worth fighting. The Archon's pride runs pretty deep.

And drat, three more Vice Commandants? I guess the Regulators had more going for them than Grevin after all.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

If there is one reason above all to see that video, it is this:

YOU SEE A HUTT MOVE.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
Someone not called Vette told Mort to shut up?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Upon closer inspection of my own Warrior, I have come to the realization that, barring a few details, he's almost a clone of Mort appearance-wise. Oops. :shobon:

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

Game is actually pretty fun now. You can skip any and all side quests and do your class and planet quests and be just fine. Heroic quests give gear in boxes based off of your level, so even if you stupidly outlevel the planet you're on (I am level 43 and on Tatooine for the first time), doing the Heroic quests give you gear for your level.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

BEHOLD WHAT I CAN DO
in a giant robot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Doctor Reynolds posted:

BEHOLD WHAT I CAN DO
in a giant robot

Hey, piloting a walker is a legitimate skill. You think you can just flail wildly at the controls to a sophisticated piece of machinery and do anything significant?

• Locked thread