Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Real hurthling! posted:

And dark souls is april

And I got my fuckin' hopes up that's like AN ENTIRE MONTH LATER GOD DAMNIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Import the Japanese version

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

enojy posted:

And I got my fuckin' hopes up that's like AN ENTIRE MONTH LATER GOD DAMNIT

the 12th isn't that bad

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Sakurazuka posted:

Import the Japanese version

hell yeah

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
More news bits:

There will be add-on songs for the Vita game Superbeat Xonic coming soon.
https://twitter.com/PMStudiosUSA/status/688113143424237568

Vita version of A Boy and His Blob will come out a day 2 days later, on Thursday. Cross-buy offer should still be up. Price is $10.
https://twitter.com/Majesco/status/688151046804258816

NA store:
The individual listings for the PS2-to-PS4 Star Wars games are now up:
Star Wars Bounty Hunter
Star Wars Jedi Starfighter
Star Wars Racer Revenge

$40 1-year PS+ offer at ebay from Newegg is still up, but they are at "more than 94% sold".

I can't link to Twitter as a normal link without it appearing :raise:

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 16, 2016

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
poo poo, I was actually expecting them to charge full price for a Boy and His Blob or at least like $30 because it was originally a full retail release. $10 is a no brainer.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I love that they're asking $10 each for the Star Wars games that clogged bargain bins for nearly a decade

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

CrashCat posted:

I love that they're asking $10 each for the Star Wars games that clogged bargain bins for nearly a decade

And if, for some reason, you wanted to play these old games again, you can get them all for $14 from places like this:
http://boxeddeal.com/gaming/playstation-4/star-wars-4-classic-games-download-code.html

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Was Jedi Starfighter any good? I was pretty into Rogue Squadron but I can't remember that one at all.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Its an okay arcade flight sim, it just might as well not be a Star Wars game because its all prequel ships that were barely even in the movies.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

univbee posted:

Fire Emblem Fates and its expansions/Collector's Editions, Street Fighter V and an absolute shitton of expensive-as-gently caress controllers for it, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Far Cry Primal, Xcom 2, Mighty No. 9, the 3DS version of Mega Man Legacy Collection (and physical versions for all platforms) all drop in February, and then the wallet hurt continues in March with Twilight Princess HD, The Division, Hitman which is at least episodic now so you can get it on it for only $15, Uncharted 4, Dark Souls 3, and Dead or Alive Xtreme 3. :sonia:

Uncharted 4 pushed back to April 26.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
EU region:
Check your email inbox. PlayStation sent out 10% off discount codes this weekend, but they can only be used until 11:59pm GMT today.

The emails claim that the codes are unique. I won't be using this, so here is to whoever in UK region: QJG82HTGPG

I still have not received my 1-day PS+ code :saddowns:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No but I did check my e-mail to find out that my pre-order of RE0 had been cancelled because somehow my card that I use on there all the time had been declined. :mad:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've go a question regarding Borderlands. The Pre-Sequel for the PS3 is available for $39.99, while the Ultimate Edition is $104.99. But from the description of the Ultimate Edition, all you're getting is stuff that's included in the Season Pass, which is $29.99. So that's like $70. Where the hell is the rest of the $34 coming from?

Is it cause the Ultimate Edition is calculated from Initial Release Price + Each Separate DLC?

Cause that seems like a load of bull.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
How is Life is Strange? Worth the 20 bucks for the season pass?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Life is Strange is fantastic, it's absolutely worth the $20 asking price.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

One of my favourite surprise games, better than any of TellTale's stuff.

I immediately bought Beyond Two Souls afterwards to hopefully experience more of the same but that one was a bit too serious/full of itself.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

how do you feel about stereotypical teenagers

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Suicide Pacmen posted:

how do you feel about stereotypical teenagers
do you wish they were even more artificially obnoxious? then Life is Strange is perfect for you!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I really liked it, personally. I think that the characters are really well done, and the writing is usually strong. There's a really good photography motif that gets a lot of mileage throughout the game. It really feels like your choices matter, unlike some of the telltale games.

Some people were kind of put off by the dialogue. I think that you get used to it as time goes on, and I eventually stopped noticing it. I mean, they're saying "hella" a lot and stuff like that, but it's not as if the whole thing is in a valley girl voice.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

One of the best games of last year, for sure. It's excellent. It's also been on sale on PSN for around $7 (I believe), so if you're not in a hurry...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Life is Strange is excellent. Some people complain about the ending but I think playing it through in one shot makes it really clear the ending was kind of inevitable.

It's not really a cheerful game though. Like it has funny dialogue in places but beneath that is a lot of downer.

Wiggy Marie
Jan 16, 2006

Meep!
There's a limited edition coming out that would qualify for the Amazon Prime 20% discount to be $31.99, would you say it's worth it? The additional content is listed as:

32 page artbook including unreleased concept art
Licensed 14 track soundtrack (featuring Alt-J, Foals, Jos Gonzlez. ..) plus an 8 track original score by Jonathan Morali
Directors commentary

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

do those things sound like they are worth $12 to you?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I'm in the same boat and am curious too. If it was Zelda, hell yes I'd want a soundtrack and art book.

Wiggy Marie
Jan 16, 2006

Meep!
Yeah, I'd not even heard of the game until this thread so I'm not familiar with the art or music and wasn't sure if they're worth the extra.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

You can listen to the soundtrack for free on spotify.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

32 pages of

licensed songs at the bottom of the description for this vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gzU8dGFG9s

wouldnt be worth $12 to me. i cant speak for you though

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i'd rather pay money to not own an alt-j song

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i never go in for collectors stuff. i'd look at it once maybe and then never again. not my thing

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Life is strange is one of the best games I played last year, and I didn't really expect to like it that much. It's much better than any telltale game, and although I don't think I'd listen to the music out of the game, the soundtrack is still amazing. The game is very, very atmospheric too. The story is great. I loving loved it.

Wiggy Marie
Jan 16, 2006

Meep!

Awesome! posted:

32 pages of

licensed songs at the bottom of the description for this vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gzU8dGFG9s

wouldnt be worth $12 to me. i cant speak for you though

Thanks for the link, I'll check them all out! I'm definitely a fan of the OST, why couldn't they have included all of THAT? Eight tracks is like a sad sample of the whole.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I like big artbooks, but the disc-case-sized 32 page artbooks are something I always regret. So disappointingly small, any other way to view that art would be better

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Foals/Local Natives/Jose Gonzaelz are all legit tho

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Reverse Centaur posted:

I immediately bought Beyond Two Souls afterwards to hopefully experience more of the same

Oh dear.

While not entirely the same thing you probably should have gone with Transistor. Or for a similar style of game but just humorous, Tales from the Borderlands.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Saoshyant posted:

Oh dear.

While not entirely the same thing you probably should have gone with Transistor. Or for a similar style of game but just humorous, Tales from the Borderlands.

I bought the latter but it didn't grab me after the first episode. Will give it another shot eventually though.

I don't regret playing Beyond (never had a ps3) but it seemed to blow some good ideas and what must've been an enormous budget.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Beyond Two Souls is way better co-op than solo, especially if you're playing with someone that wants to make Jodie all serious. Every time ghost pal gets control, it's time to ruin everything. I don't regret burning that shithead teenager's house down one little bit :colbert:

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Quote-Unquote posted:

Beyond Two Souls is way better co-op than solo, especially if you're playing with someone that wants to make Jodie all serious. Every time ghost pal gets control, it's time to ruin everything. I don't regret burning that shithead teenager's house down one little bit :colbert:

I never forgave Willem Dafoe for setting me up with that book of Poe and telling me the girl was going to love it

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

morallyobjected posted:

I never forgave Willem Dafoe for setting me up with that book of Poe and telling me the girl was going to love it

That was a sweet book and I'd have been very grateful for a gift like that as a teenager :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I just noticed there was a Bomberman clone on sale from last week called Bombing Busters. It boggles my mind that a Bomberman game isn't one of the first games released on every new console. Anyone tried this clone?

• Locked thread