Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i don't know how to use the dodge roll even though i bought it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
is there a reason to max rank the little dots. i have 8 dots as a strider. want to change to a assassin or maybe a bow baby

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

is there a reason to max rank the little dots. i have 8 dots as a strider. want to change to a assassin or maybe a bow baby

the dots are tied to the skills you have avail for a profession, i think, so all the dots would mean all the skills.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

i don't know how to use the dodge roll even though i bought it.

Press O or whatever controller button to see More details on the learn screen.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

Sword Pawn after falling 1000 feet and breaking every bone in his Body upon impact with the ocean: What a gaffe.

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Press O or whatever controller button to see More details on the learn screen.

Square for DS4 players.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ranger is amazing.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

rediscover posted:

Sword Pawn after falling 1000 feet and breaking every bone in his Body upon impact with the ocean: What a gaffe.

lmao

also

https://zippy.gfycat.com/CompetentOffbeatKingsnake.webm

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

drat I really need to remember to save in this game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerkops posted:

drat I really need to remember to save in this game

MGS5 and GTA5 spoiled me wrt good saving in open world games, now an OK game feels horrendous

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

yeah, you get augments that you can use with all vocations for leveling up each vocation.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
is vocation level still determined by xp gain or is there something else at work there?

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Paper Triangle posted:

is vocation level still determined by xp gain or is there something else at work there?

The amount of discipline points you get is a percentage of xp gain and discipline points affect your vocation level.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I brought a new pawn with me and I encountered some saurians and he promptly mounted them like a horse and used his weight to pin them to the ground. So badass

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Where's rediscovers pawn.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk whose pawn it is but somebody here has a guy named Kevin Nash and he's this burly 8 foot monstrosity and every time I go to the rift he has a bigger sword than last time and it makes me chuckle

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Idk whose pawn it is but somebody here has a guy named Kevin Nash and he's this burly 8 foot monstrosity and every time I go to the rift he has a bigger sword than last time and it makes me chuckle

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Where's rediscovers pawn.

:ninja:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cool Jamal made a pawn of Hulk Hogan.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmao. The scene where you walk out of the Duke's chambers and the Duchess sees your dunce cap and you can hear her panties drop.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Lmao. The scene where you walk out of the Duke's chambers and the Duchess sees your dunce cap and you can hear her panties drop.

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think Aldous is Dojima...i recognize that voice anywhere.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im a magick archer now. Tomorrow I try out this new, awesome sounding class. Looking forward to actually swinging a sword during combat for the first time in 12 hours

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Im a magick archer now. Tomorrow I try out this new, awesome sounding class. Looking forward to actually swinging a sword during combat for the first time in 12 hours

they use daggers, the best melee weapon.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
do sorcerers get healing spells, or do i have to recruit another magic pawn now that i made muh main pawn a sorcerer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Only mages can cast healing spells I think

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
magic archer is so cool class

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
yeah i had to get a second mage pawn when i went sorc on my main pawn cuz i could never get healed and gently caress items.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i tried to change to magic archer and accidentally picked mystic knight jesus christ.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Im gonna be a Warrior.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Paper Triangle posted:

yeah i had to get a second mage pawn when i went sorc on my main pawn cuz i could never get healed and gently caress items.

gwah!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I found the thong

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I might swap to Strider or Assassin since they get better buffs to climbing on enemies and thats extremely my poo poo.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Think I'm going to switch to Assassin soon since they get really nice stat growth, they have the highest potential for just nuking poo poo in melee and my character is a brute. It will be cool to have access to bows and daggers too.

My NG+ run will probably be a super-tiny magick archer, I wanna see what's in those goblin holes. :getin:

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I never played the Dark Arisen content before and its loving insanely badass. There's lots of stuff hidden behind clever platforming puzzles and the enemies are sweet as hell.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Heres a little protip for those of you venturing into Bitterblack Isle for the first time: (WARNING: scary) mimics may not exist in the main game, but they sure do in Bitterblack and they;re randomised

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Good Lord Fisher! fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Jerkops posted:

Think I'm going to switch to Assassin soon since they get really nice stat growth, they have the highest potential for just nuking poo poo in melee and my character is a brute. It will be cool to have access to bows and daggers too.

My NG+ run will probably be a super-tiny magick archer, I wanna see what's in those goblin holes. :getin:

If I had to guess, goblin turds.

• Locked thread