Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

was it a thing outside of gt?

It was in that movie with Dr Raichi or whatever and Hatchiyack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Does Planet Salad still have 10x Earth's gravity, or is that something that's been forgotten about too?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Well guys, looks like my prediction was partly right.

Raxivace posted:

I really wonder what the source of these alternate saiyans will be, or rather why they still exist in this other universe.

My best prediction is going to be that Universe 6 never had a Frieza since 1) Every single new bit of Dragon Ball animation (As well as the Jaco manga) since the 2008 special has been about Frieza in some capacity already, 2) A lack of Frieza could explain why a Planet Vegeta still exists in Universe 6, if it still does and that's why saiyans are around still there, and 3) If Planet Vegeta is never destroyed, Goku getting sent to Earth as a child is unlikely, meaning that he won't be around to save Earth from destroying itself through whatever means.

This level of reasoning is possible for Raxivace! What do you think everybody? This is all probably going to totally wrong, but it's fun to speculate.

I am now the Strongest Under the Heavens. Not even the mighty Namtab can defeat me.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 19, 2016

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

That Project Fusion game could be amazing if you just get to fuse random dudes in a bunch of crazy ways

That's one of those dream DBZ game things I didn't think they'd get around to doing so I hope they do it here

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If I can fuse a Freeza with a Goku I will be fine with everything.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

the Brolli-Goku fusion will be Brokarotto.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Didn't the Bardock special have a Planet Vegeta from centuries past, and the inhabitants weren't the Tuffles? I thought they retconned them out of existence.

Also, the odds of Vegito/Gogeta fusion are looking better and better now. I want to believe, drat it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Momomo posted:

Didn't the Bardock special have a Planet Vegeta from centuries past, and the inhabitants weren't the Tuffles? I thought they retconned them out of existence.

Also, the odds of Vegito/Gogeta fusion are looking better and better now. I want to believe, drat it.

give me a game where you have infinite potara earrings, allowing you to fuse every single character into one person

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Kild posted:

the Brolli-Goku fusion will be Brokarotto.

Broku

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Momomo posted:

That is non canon unless I miss my mark.

They just did it so they could justify SSJ Bardock

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Burkion posted:

That is non canon unless I miss my mark.

They just did it so they could justify SSJ Bardock

Basically, yes. It's about as "canon" as any of the other advertisements for Dragon Ball Heroes, which it was. First as a manga tie-in and then as the OVA.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Future Trunks/regular Trunks fusion

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

the culminator posted:

Future Trunks/regular Trunks fusion

Future Trunks is too lame to contribute anything to a Fusion.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Pureauthor posted:

Future Trunks is too lame to contribute anything to a Fusion.

You gently caress right off. He was definitely the coolest when I watched DBZ as a kid.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Future Trunk killed Frieza one time.

That is one more time than his father ever managed.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

future trunks killing frieza was the coolest thing when I was in the fifth grade or something, ergo future trunks is cool. also his special where it showed the future was good

he had a sword, man

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

a sword he inherited from Space Link, no less.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Future Trunks is the coolest character and when I was 11 I wished he was my older brother.

And he did the thing when he sliced people but they didn't fall apart until 5 seconds later when he was crouching in a cool pose.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The only person Future Trunks ever beat was Freeza

Then he killed 17, 18, and Cell later but the stakes had been raised so far up by that point it wasn't really cool anymore and he just kinda wiped the floor with them

Now Vegeta... he's cool

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Until Resurrection of F he had a better Frieza-killing record than anyone in the universe.

Even post RoF his record is 100% of Friezas killed compared to Goku's 50% of Friezas killed which is a clear victory for Trunks.

His Cell killing record isn't too bad either he's at a firm 50%/66.6% of Cells encountered killed. (Depending on if you count the future Trunks who got killed by Cell as the same guy who kept coming back in time.)

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 19, 2016

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
He's also the only saiyan who doesn't gently caress around most of the time. The only time he held back was when he didn't want to piss his dad off for being stronger than him.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's a shame killing Freeza absolutely means nothing anymore and killing cell at Imperfect Form kinda meant nothing either

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Baal posted:

It's a shame killing Freeza absolutely means nothing anymore

Excuse me he did situps and drank plenty of juice for four whole months which made him the uh... fourth? Fourth strongest being in the universe. Fifth maybe? I can't keep track at this point.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Squallege posted:

He's also the only saiyan who doesn't gently caress around most of the time. The only time he held back was when he didn't want to piss his dad off for being stronger than him.

Except that he wasn't stronger, just beefier, which Vegeta figured out and didn't use

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Until Resurrection of F he had a better Frieza-killing record than anyone in the universe.

Even post RoF his record is 100% of Friezas killed compared to Goku's 50% of Friezas killed which is a clear victory for Trunks.

His Cell killing record isn't too bad either he's at a firm 50%/66.6% of Cells encountered killed. (Depending on if you count the future Trunks who got killed by Cell as the same guy who kept coming back in time.)

That was other future Trunks gently caress him.

Our future Trunks killed 2 Cells. And as we all know Cell + Cell = Buu so trunks is awesome.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Baal posted:

It's a shame killing Freeza absolutely means nothing anymore and killing cell at Imperfect Form kinda meant nothing either

killing frieza meant something when he actually did it. effortlessly chumping him was a good way to show the stakes had been raised, especially when you consider the original run of the anime spent like 30 episodes on fighting frieza alone

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah and he would a been pretty cool if that knowledge of the Androids and the Virus helped them. It's cool to have a character raise the stakes then he either loses or gets tricked in every confrontation he has with a villain after this point until the end of it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Some may call it the General Grievous effect

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Baal posted:

Some may call it the General Grievous effect

I don't know if I would say General Grievous raised the stakes especially considering that he is often made clear to be less of a threat than Dooku. I'd say the General Grievous affect is more "show up and being visually entertaining, but not really contribute much the plot and have people, eventually, question why you were included at all." Though, Darth Maul does fit that description better, now that I wrote it down.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

funnily enough trunk still has more wins than the rest of the heroes as far as killing the named bad guys goes

trunks kills frieza and king cold
vegeta kills android 19
gohan kills cell
cell killed android 17 and 18, and technically himself, meaning he beat more bad guys than anyone :v:

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Ep 27 was the best episode of Dragon Ball I've seen in around a decade.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Grevy was only ever good in one cartoon that isn't even canon anymore.

As far as just the films go, he shows up and is this ridiculous coughing CGI bad guy with a stupid name and then he gets taken out like a bitch.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Marky Marx posted:

Ep 27 was the best episode of Dragon Ball I've seen in around a decade.

Just watched it, on this recommendation and yeah that was really good. The animation on the planet destruction scene was amazing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Manatee Cannon posted:

funnily enough trunk still has more wins than the rest of the heroes as far as killing the named bad guys goes

trunks kills frieza and king cold
vegeta kills android 19
gohan kills cell
cell killed android 17 and 18, and technically himself, meaning he beat more bad guys than anyone :v:

Vegeta killed the entire Ginyu Force, sir

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

On the matter of Future Trunks contributing anything to a fusion, it's important to remember that he did: the latest Heroes update added the Time Patrol Trunks/Gotenks fusion in Gotenks: Xeno. Who is like Gotenks: GT but with Future Trunks' sword so that immediatly makes him 200% cooler. And the game seems to agree, because his special move is the Super Burning Kamehameha, which is logically stronger than Gotenks: GT's regular Burning Kamehameha.

I'll be really mad if a game called Project Fusion ignores any already-existing fusion. And by that I mean it has no excuse to not have Yamhan, Gotan or even Den-Goku. And I seriously hope it doesn't ignore GT and Heroes so we can have both adult Gotenks. Considering Extreme Butoden added SS4 Gohan and Broly, it doesn't seem impossible.

Beyond that, this game has no excuse to not go wild. With a working title like "Project Fusion" and the first image being a canon Broku of all things, the story must be the biggest what-if ever. It can't half-rear end it like Xenoverse did.

Baal posted:

Kami bless Super for allowing Vegeta to finish his Ginyu killing collection.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Project Fusion better bring back the weirdest fusion to ever come out of a Dragon Ball game: Piccolo merging with Nail and Dende.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Baal posted:

Oh please, Guldo and Jeice are the only ones he killed in a straight up fight. Burter and Recoome was him being a kill-stealing gently caress, and technically Frieza killed Ginyu.

That said, he killed Dodoria and Zarbon, and Qui too (iirc).

So, working backwards, 19, Jeice, Burter, Recoome, Guldo, Zarbon, Dodoria, Qui... and Nappa.

Well poo poo. In terms of sheer kills, Vegeta is the most effective Hero in DBZ.

Shame about all the negative points he gets for all of the genocide.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

RickVoid posted:

Shame about all the negative points he gets for all of the genocide.

Well, to be fair he gets a share of the credit for killing Buu and saving the universe, so that wipes some red off his ledger.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Enourmo posted:

Well, to be fair he gets a share of the credit for killing Buu and saving the universe, so that wipes some red off his ledger.

According to the end of the Buu Saga the universe has firmly put him in the "He's okay, I guess" column, so that's a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That planet with bug people Vegeta destroyed, they were all assholes anyway i am sure

• Locked thread