Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Most of what you mentioned is decades old. Obviously they wanna get back in the game. Nobody's saying Nintendo never did anime, but they're gonna start doing more than they have been lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Nobody's saying Nintendo never did anime, but they're gonna start doing more than they have been lately.

A lot of the reaction to it has been "oh no nintendo is gonna do anime" as if they'd never been involved in it before

Hobo By Design
Mar 17, 2009

Hobo By Intent or Robo Hobo?
Ramrod XTreme

Captain Invictus posted:

METROID

ANIME

(guy who made other m not affiliated with this product)

I think I found this in this thread, dunno its source

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Nintendo is already anime as gently caress did you not play the last Fire Emblem or really any of them? I'm mostly disappointed they're not gonna make that sweet rear end vintage inspired Star Fox cartoon an official thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOPx4s0sxfU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Yeah, what's a fusion of a monster breeding RPG and turn based strategy RPG? Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei with a pinch of salt and some water gets you...

A musical of course!

(This is totally amazing and I'm really hoping it gets to the States because it's so very silly.)

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Courtesy TFA spoiler alert, maybe
http://i.imgur.com/sQszeoY.jpg

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ramos posted:

Yeah, what's a fusion of a monster breeding RPG and turn based strategy RPG? Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei with a pinch of salt and some water gets you...

A musical of course!

(This is totally amazing and I'm really hoping it gets to the States because it's so very silly.)

It was at E3 last year, it's definitely getting a western release.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It's been over a month, I don't think we need to do spoiler warnings for The Force Awakens anymore

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

It's been over a month, I don't think we need to do spoiler warnings for The Force Awakens anymore

You'll need to spoiler it for another 40 years or goons will throw a poo poo fit.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

El Burbo posted:

Not even the first time it's been done either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvEn_Od4nyg

This is hilarious and I don't know why. Just... What? :lol:

Also:

Luffy-sempai! :swoon:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

RandomPauI posted:

People freak out over spoilers for books that have been around for several decades, the spoiler culture is real and it is nasty.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Removed because I shouldn't have been a dick about spoiler tags

RandomPauI has a new favorite as of 10:55 on Jan 19, 2016

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Doing it like that is pretty legit lame though.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

This is hilarious and I don't know why. Just... What? :lol:
Just the way Tom or Jerry's exaggerated animations are transplanted to 3D anime models make it really drat funny to me.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's not even out of theaters yet, at least give it that, man. No need to throw a hissy fit because people are being courteous.

Yardbomb posted:

Doing it like that is pretty legit lame though.
that too!

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 10:47 on Jan 19, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HGH posted:

Just the way Tom or Jerry's exaggerated animations are transplanted to 3D anime models make it really drat funny to me.
My favorite part about MMD aside from it being an obsolete piece of garbage compared to other readily available 3D model animation programs yet people still use it a lot, is that cloth of any form absolutely does not work in it in any realistic way whatsoever

Every character is always in a wind tunnel, even when standing still

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

HGH posted:

The Touhous that subbed in for Tom and Jerry are the ones that hate each other, right? I'm not nearly enough of a weeaboo/sperg to follow all of that.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

The Touhous that subbed in for Tom and Jerry are the ones that hate each other, right? I'm not nearly enough of a weeaboo/sperg to follow all of that.

I'm just gonna assume that out of the sheer volume of 2hus there are, there must be at least a couple with an antagonistic Tom/Jerry sorta dynamic.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Every Touhou is a huge jerk to every other Touhou at pretty much all times.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The one replacing tom is the main player character every touhou, and the one with the rainbow wings is a major villian named Flandre Scarlet

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's the main character and the most recognizable "villains" because they're from the first Windows games, which means you'll see them a ton more often than newer characters despite that game being 14 years old now and having something like 10 games worth of other characters to choose from.

People latched on to the first installment and never let go for some reason. I can't think of other examples at the moment but I'm certain this happens to other longstanding franchises too, like FF7's a lot of people's first FF.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Every Touhou is a huge jerk to every other Touhou at pretty much all times.
Also this. Just throw in a ton of tea/booze after the fact.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
King of the Hill is the best anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoF42UppkI4

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Holy poo poo, Aliantos is making edits again?!

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

I have no idea what this is, but it belongs in a museum.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I am mildly annoyed at every Velma here lately getting the blue filter put on it so

bluefilter these, assholes

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'll get on it after work.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Those legs ain't right.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Amppelix posted:

I am mildly annoyed at every Velma here lately getting the blue filter put on it so

bluefilter these, assholes

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Blue still finding clues to this day. :v:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Captain Invictus posted:

My favorite part about MMD aside from it being an obsolete piece of garbage compared to other readily available 3D model animation programs yet people still use it a lot, is that cloth of any form absolutely does not work in it in any realistic way whatsoever

Every character is always in a wind tunnel, even when standing still

I heard that has more to do with the model- the Alice model in this video and this video (compare it to the other two) doesn't seem to have the craziness you usually see in MMD models. Mind you, I'm not a 3D modeler, so I might be completely wrong.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pDF-OBJCt8

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
gently caress that remix forever

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF8TLRWWdv8

90s called, they have meme songs for you.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

This is missing the player character asking Hancock if he wants to shoot some Jet later.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

This is missing the player character asking Hancock if he wants to shoot some Jet later.

I assumed they were one of the 3 likes on the last comment.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?

Captain Invictus posted:

It's not even out of theaters yet, at least give it that, man. No need to throw a hissy fit because people are being courteous.

that too!

This is awesome anybody got any more power armor pics?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's awesome until the exact moment you stop to think about the of the suit in that picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The collision data for the maps in Mario 64 loops infinitely in the void, so there's a bunch of invisible courses, or "parallel universes," floating around thousands of units away from each other with no enemies or objects. With a bit of glitching, you can take mario to these, but you gotta be careful, because if you don't align your QPU's, or Quarter Parallell Universes, it will become incredibly difficult to get Mario back to the map, stranding him in an invisible empty horror world in the void.

• Locked thread