Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

VelociBacon posted:

More people in silver are there to ruin your experience than actually try so I'm not sure why you'd think it's an enjoyable place to play. You wouldn't be playing against anyone actually playing or trying at all it would just be 10 dudes with nothing better to do jerking themselves off until a team manages 16 rounds.

e: Speaking of jerking off, I just got overwatch, fun. 162 Comp matches won.

This is why alt accounts are fun. I have three at GN1, MG2, and I just placed the third in DMG, but I plan on tanking these fuckers with gimmicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
I said it, because I didn't bother to check because GN4 was a reasonable enough centre point that I assumed it would not have moved further south.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
I want to try an account where I swap my mouse and my keyboard so I'm using my mouse with my off hand that I have no coordination on

I want to see how far I can get like that

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

With all the rank shifting going on, I'm almost proud to have maintained SEM status for 4 solid weeks now

:cry:

Carol Pizzamom posted:

I want to try an account where I swap my mouse and my keyboard so I'm using my mouse with my off hand that I have no coordination on

I want to see how far I can get like that

same

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl35QCbMi-c

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Winning is usually fun but at some point it just starts getting embarrassing for everyone involved

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Bohemian Nights posted:

Winning is usually fun but at some point it just starts getting embarrassing for everyone involved

I hate to burst your bubble but I'd wager they were deranking.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

fennesz posted:

I hate to burst your bubble but I'd wager they were deranking.

Nah, it actually ended up being a closer game than I'm comfortable admitting

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Bohemian Nights posted:

can i play swedish mge with u

also I've got that beat xD

Up Circle fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 18, 2016

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Reported for dota2

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Up Circle posted:

lol dota :frogout:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Up Circle posted:

Mods??

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Up Circle posted:

nws this poo poo

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Old DMG, now MG1/2 here .... Anyone want to queue up?

Add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/fyallmasmd/

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

fyallm posted:

Old DMG, now MG1/2 here .... Anyone want to queue up?

Add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/fyallmasmd/

Sent you an invite. I can't play during primetime because my net sucks but if you see me on send me a message.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Daeno posted:

Alright, watched it.

It's hard to glean much from this match, since you rarely entry frag T side, and are super passive CT side, your team does most of the work here.

I always say if you aren't feeling confident and aren't being aggressive, at least shove yourself in there and let your team get the trade.

You were a passenger big time, almost like you were afraid to make a mistake or be criticized by your team. Don't be afraid to fail.

Crosshair placement not the best, but o.k. at times. You really gotta pre-aim at those spots the enemy will be in. I understand you don't know the map that well but it seems like whenever you peek you are canvasing the entire area without actually aiming at it, you know?

Grenades terrible. You buy and waste so many. Once again might be map related but if you want to improve, do your homework and watch some videos.

Seems like you have trouble knowing what range to spray/burst/tap. You have good initial aim, usually getting the headshot with that first shot, but after that it's not so good. You burst too many bullets at long range, and don't seem to know the spray patterns well enough for the main rifles.

You were killed 3 or 4 times by pistol users strafing, seems like you have trouble here tracking them at mid/close range. Do some DM and work on that.

I have a few more points but that's probably too much to absorb already. Talk to me in mumble sometime if you want to go in more detail.

Thanks for the advice. I have so many bad habits to break.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

trying to trade is hell, i guess i'll just keep my Gut Knife.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I went from SMFC to DMG in a single loss and then from DMG to MGE after a win

Haven't bothered playing since. It'll probably toss me into nova next game.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Xenaero posted:

:stare: That's...holy poo poo.

If the changes really are this drastic they could have pretty much added 8 or 9 ranks with how much dispersion there is now.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Xenaero posted:

owned

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Somehow I'm managing to stay in LEM, I was supreme before they tweaked the ranks. I've had both wins and losses.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

High silver/low gn is a goddamn hellhole right now. One game with a bunch of edgelords who kicked me for not laughing at them screaming racial slurs in the mic (phew), one game with a 800 hour gn2 going 40 frags, and the last one against a team of open wallhackers.

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004
i'm still global by the way. sens is still 1.1/800dpi.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

MrSmokes posted:

Somehow I'm managing to stay in LEM, I was supreme before they tweaked the ranks. I've had both wins and losses.

went from supreme to lem and it took quite a few losses to go down to le. it took a really spectacularly bad loss to go to dmg.

Xenaero posted:

sup former supreme turned into a lowly dmg

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
whatever the case, old supremes seem to be grouping around dmg-le so it still means we're about the same as we used to. hopefully i dont go down further

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
After the update got dropped to silver 4 from gnm and since then I've been regularly dominating matches, getting plenty of 30k and a couple 40ks. Only one match out of about 15 that I had a k/d under one. Guess I'll slowly make my way back up the ranks?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Just played a DM with a guy who was blatantly hacking and admitted it in voice. Does Valve apply reports in DM against the overwatch count? I think overwatch cases won't show DM, but do the reports matter?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Elysiume posted:

Just played a DM with a guy who was blatantly hacking and admitted it in voice. Does Valve apply reports in DM against the overwatch count? I think overwatch cases won't show DM, but do the reports matter?

yeah:

All reports against cheaters are helpful. You should always report a player if you suspect they are cheating, regardless of the game mode or context.

Also, we’ve noticed a lot of people talking about the criteria for a reported player entering Overwatch (e.g., “players need X reports in a day to enter Overwatch”). So far, none of these descriptions have been accurate. While we won’t reveal our process here, we can say that we do not rely on simple thresholds or easily-bypassed time windows.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

ArfJason posted:

whatever the case, old supremes seem to be grouping around dmg-le so it still means we're about the same as we used to. hopefully i dont go down further

really cuz ive dragged myself back to dmg so i don't think thats true XD

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I just had the greatest flickshot of my life. I was saving an AWP in suicide on dust2. Was scoped looking T spawn because I knew a T was there from upper tunnels. I hear a guy that had walked up from long and as he starts body shotting me with an AK I flick down and take off his head :stare:

Maybe those call of duty 12 year olds are onto something...

fennesz fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jan 19, 2016

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!

Just wanted to share my Q usage with you guys.

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, señor!
A reminder that no one's real ranks have actually changed. "I lost two ranks and now playing worse players" is false, you're playing with the same lovely players you played with before the rank shift.
A contributing factor to lovely games is more likely to be caused by the holiday sale - with the usual new bunch of players and alt accounts.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

I dunno, I haven't been playing that much, am not global these days, but supreme seems to be the same as it was?

Way more <200 hour players with gold achievement badges though

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Sewer Adventure posted:

i'm still global by the way. sens is still 1.1/800dpi.

Global confirmed, that is the Lord's own sensitivity. Also people have been whining since the game came out that the top ranks mean gently caress all so these changes are very good IMHO. I think they could even go a step further and reserve a rank for the top 200 or so in the world, right now it's more like the top 5000.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

They should just give you a global ranking when you hit global, like you hit it and it says #5555 in North America, #10069 in the world

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Upgraded my computer and now I can get 60fps in this game. It makes a world of a difference, and the deaths are a lost less frustrating as a result.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Carol Pizzamom posted:

They should just give you a global ranking when you hit global, like you hit it and it says #5555 in North America, #10069 in the world

Thatd be really cool but itd drive more people to double down on cheating

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

well they also need to add unranked competitive and gate ranked like we've discussed a million times and like the other two super popular esports games have but volvo

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
That one goblin they have in the basement at valve hq is doing his best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Carol Pizzamom posted:

They should just give you a global ranking when you hit global, like you hit it and it says #5555 in North America, #100069 in the world

• Locked thread