Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Petey posted:

a compelling argument

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Do people actually still give a poo poo about John Wayne? His last movie was 40 years ago, and 95% of his filmography is forgotten dross.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
http://youtu.be/qYf5RPUOfFU

Cruz campaign is not happy with the Palin speculation :rms:

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

Petey posted:

Revelations 17
3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.

6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

This is a good post, good poster

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

Joementum posted:

Make 'MERICA Great Again

That John Wayne statue looks weirdly impotent

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Carl Killer Miller posted:

That John Wayne statue looks weirdly impotent

I don't see the resemblance to Jeb Bush at all.

saints gambit
Apr 8, 2004
a donut with no holes is a danish

DynamicSloth posted:

Do people actually still give a poo poo about John Wayne? His last movie was 40 years ago, and 95% of his filmography is forgotten dross.

Ronald Reagan made movies with a chimpanzee and became president because of the "greatest generation." The oldest cohort of republican boomers will absolutely care.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

DynamicSloth posted:

Half of Fox News's viewing audience is over the age of 68.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance is the poo poo though. Don't talk poo poo about John Wayne.

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, he shot Liberty Valance, he was the greatest of them all.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

DynamicSloth posted:

John Wayne realty gives way to John Wayne cultural symbol. It doesn't matter what JW did. It matters what he can do for those that appropriate his image today.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

saints gambit posted:

Ronald Reagan made movies with a chimpanzee and became president because of the "greatest generation." The oldest cohort of republican boomers will absolutely care.

Roonie thought a Tom Clancy book told us what the Russians were really doing. Greatest Generation indeed.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Automatic Slim posted:

John Wayne realty gives way to John Wayne cultural symbol. It doesn't matter what JW did. It matters what he can do for those that appropriate his image today.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Yeah, the trendline saw 'Ted Cruz' at the top of the page and immediately bolted for the door.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

DynamicSloth posted:

Somewhere in PA, my dad suddenly jolted up in his recliner and had a sudden urge to punch the Internet.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Kudos to Camel and the Department of Energy for killing John Wayne.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Fresh poll outta Georgia:

quote:

A post-debate survey conducted for FOX5 Atlanta and Morris News shows Donald Trump holding a 10 point lead over Ted Cruz. All other candidates were in single digits. The survey by OpinionSavvy in conjunction with InsiderAdvantage of 803 likely Georgia primary voters was conducted Sunday, January 17 by IVR phone and mobile devices. The survey has a margin of error of 3.5%. It is weighted for age, race, and gender.

Trump: 33%
Cruz: 23%
Rubio: 8%
Bush: 7%
Carson: 7%
Christie: 4%
Fiorina: 4%
Kasich: 4%
Paul: 4%
Huckabee: 3%
Santorum: 0%
Undecided: 3%

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
I really thought Christie would come out in the end as the establishment candidate and others would be marginalized.

Astroclassicist
Aug 21, 2015

http://americanresearchgroup.com/pres2016/primary/rep/nhrep.html

Trump 27
Kasich 20
Rubio 10
Cruz 9
Christie 9
Bush 8

:aaaaa:

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cruz is dropping. He peaked 3 weeks early

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

It's Kasichmentum!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nichael posted:

Huh, I guess the one thing they all have in common is a vagina so that disqualifies them from working in defense.

I love how the right fetishizes, admires, and constantly talks about how well Putin's doing. It all seems weirdly sexual.

They'd have done the same for Hitler right up until Bunker Day too.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Nonsense posted:

They'd have done the same for Hitler right up until Bunker Day too.

many of them, in fact, did (henry ford being the most famous example)

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

He's had to spend 60 million dollars, but Jeb! is finally beating that rear end in a top hat "undecided".

Like Rubio, that fucker isn't even campaigning so I'm not sure why they're even including him in the polls. There's no way he's going to win.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Ted Cruz's prebuttal of a Palin endorsement is kind damning in that they must be confident that's what is about to go down --- they wouldn't have released anything otherwise.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Joementum posted:

Make 'MERICA Great Again

jesus

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

yeah agreed, the mans Insufferability Quotient is mindblowing

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Not a Step posted:

It's Kasichmentum!

That's my Govna!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
anyway, good morning everyone. im stoked for the weird pill popper alaskan lady to babble about how great the donald is like a subway station meth head today

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
that reminds me, how is /pol/ taking the palin endorsement

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joementum posted:

Make 'MERICA Great Again

This is nothing compared to where he plans on having his next speech:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Hillary: I am no man

And then, God willing, she beheads Ted Cruz

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Louisgod posted:

I support standing on the grave of a monster.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

I think that I've lost faith in all New Hampshire polls. The only constant is that Trump is constantly crushing it. Last week we had Jeb in 2nd, before that Rubio, and now Kasich. I guess it's saying that other than Trump leading, NH voters are all over the place.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The Nastier Nate posted:

I think that I've lost faith in all New Hampshire polls. The only constant is that Trump is constantly crushing it. Last week we had Jeb in 2nd, before that Rubio, and now Kasich. I guess it's saying that other than Trump leading, NH voters are all over the place.

TRUMP! <hangs up>

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Louisgod posted:

For a brief moment I thought that might be a Reagan memorial with "A few months ago, I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and evidence tell me it is not."

The only good quote for a Reagan memorial.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
New NBC Survey Monkey poll:
http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/trump-clinton-still-way-ahead-weekly-tracking-poll-shows-n499231

Trump 38
Cruz 21
Rubio 11
Carson 8

Everyone else is 4 or lower.

New GEORGIA poll:
http://www.jax-cdn.com/news/georgia...onvillecomNews+(Jacksonville+Local+News+%E2%80%93+Jacksonville.com+and
Trump: 33
Cruz: 21
Rubio 8
Jeb 7
Carson 7
Christie 4
Fiorina 4
Paul 4
Kasich 4
Huckabee 3
Santorum <1

“The debates are continuing to have an impact on voters,” Towery said. “Well over 60 percent of respondents to the poll say they watched the recent Fox Business Network debate. Of those who watched, 35 percent said Trump won the debate with 20 percent saying Cruz won the contest.”

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Fun Washington Post piece: The GOP debates have become like Super Bowl parties for top donors

quote:

CHARLESTON, S.C. — At about 1 a.m., long after the GOP presidential contenders had finally filed off the stage of the North Charleston Coliseum, the Republican National Committee’s post-debate party was still going strong.

Top party donors jammed into the ballroom of an upscale hotel in the city’s historic downtown, milling around a long buffet table piled with pulled pork sandwiches, baby shrimp, macaroni and cheese, and ice cream sundaes. They buzzed about the sharp jousting between Donald Trump and Ted Cruz, caught up on campaign gossip and made plans to see one another at one of the upcoming forums in Iowa, New Hampshire or Florida.

The outsize spectacle of this primary season’s Republican debates has made the events hot-ticket items for wealthy donors, who are flocking to them as if they were political bowl games.

Not all were sold on the experience.

“I thought it was boring,” said Deason, noting that the guests had to sit through the “undercard” forum of lower-tier candidates in order to have a seat for the main debate. “They didn’t serve alcohol, which wasn’t much fun. And you can’t really understand what they’re saying. Watching at home, on television, I can rewind it. Or if I get frustrated, I can pause it and go outside.”

Seated on the floor in Row K was Andrew Sabin, a Bush backer who owns a New York-based precious-metals refining business and had flown his private jet up from Key Largo for the night.

“It’s just an hour and a half away, so I figured, ‘Why not?’ ” said Sabin, who went up to the stage to say hello to Bush during a commercial break.

"Plus, the zingers flying on stage made for an entertaining night. “It’s like a reality TV show,” Sabin exclaimed at the end of the night.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

I thouht Crowder got kicked off Twitter. Or was that the balcony making GBS threads guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
How have Huckabee and Santorum made a career out of running for president? Those two should have dropped out ages ago it seems. Are they waiting for the first few primaries before calling it quits?

• Locked thread