Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oops, forgot to post yesterday's comics!

The Dinette Set feels the change of the seasons in more ways than one.

Working Daze is awkwardly worded,

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix drops some harsh truths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Catching up with the thread after 10 days of work in "Tina's Groove"'s world as a dishwasher, so this is from a few days/pages back. I know we've been over this before, but how in holy hell does some colorist do that 3rd panel and think "yup, that looks like a 10 year old boy's hairline"? Mr Beeg, you're in the comics industry; can you hook me up with some side work? Because I'm pretty sure my drunk rear end using Paint Shop Pro 7 can do a better job, and I need the money.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Be still, citizen. You are trapped in the safety of the Glowing Eye Comix.

Pooch Café

Something's been off about this little storyline for a while, but I just realized what it is. It's a robot vacuum cleaner, but it still looks like a Sears model from the 60s or something. We have actual robot vacuum cleaners now, and they don't look like that.

Ballard Street

I took a close look at this, and the mechanics of it check out. There's no gearing, but the size difference between the hamster wheel and the cart's wheels should provide enough of a torque transition to let the hamster power the contraption.

Lost Side of Suburbia

Slynderfell's right, his rhymes are slipping.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

This is beautiful. It's so much fun to see a white guy try to awkwardly stand up for the legacy of MLK and not bring up anything potentially racist.

"Umm, yeah, his birthday isn't always on a Monday. Legitimate complaint."

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County is in the sexual offender registry.

Skippy (November 19, 1928)

Peanuts (January 20, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

That's what happens when you hang out with Alison Krauss. :shrug:

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Just in case you thought the strip was winding down.

Out Our Way presents the pros and cons of having a gift for words. (August 10-11, 1928)

Thimble Theater gives us the launching point of The Century's Greatest Romance. (August 6, 1929)

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

I'm wondering more and more if Mark's about to get murdered.

Pearls Before Swine goes back to the well

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Immigrants are an unstoppable destructive force. It is inevitable that they will ruin your entire way of life, and nothing can be done to prevent this. Any prophet who promises salvation is false.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Fritzi Ritz

Feiffer (click for big)

There were a lot of these - many can be seen here: http://www.stampcommunity.org/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14341

Wee Pals
To give you an idea of Wee Pals timing - had to capture this:

Life In Hell

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I missed most of the 2015 thread. How long has Mary Worth been just pleasant stories for the heavily sedated? I remember there used to be conflict, even if it was stupid poo poo like her gentleman-friend working in Cambodia for six weeks or pushy ice skater dad.

Also the idea of a girl wanting a watch over all the other stuff they'd have at a department store is dumb as hell and I'm sure it's crafted to soothe the blue hairs.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Slammy posted:

Sick, Sick, Sick Feiffer (click for big)

They're discussing "For Whom the Bell Tolls" - the Playhouse 90 adaptation.

Julet Esqu posted:

Big Ben Bolt

... did they just admit that pro wrestling is fake?

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (December 25, 1950)

Barnaby (June 2, 1942)

Nancy (February 8, 1943)

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Immigrants are an unstoppable destructive force. It is inevitable that they will ruin your entire way of life, and nothing can be done to prevent this. Any prophet who promises salvation is false.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who read it that way. Piraro sure is good at sticking both feet and a bit of his legs in his mouth.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil 02/22/15

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy and

Meanwhile, in another part of the comics page...
On The Fastrack

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I guess Adams found out about MRA Dilbert and decided to make it redundant.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Mr Beeg, you're in the comics industry; can you hook me up with some side work? Because I'm pretty sure my drunk rear end using Paint Shop Pro 7 can do a better job, and I need the money.
Paint Shop Pro 7 is still the best image editing software. :hfive:

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy and

I had to check this wasn't an edit. That dialogue is just weird and terrible.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

So very tempting to buy a smilie of this that will never be used.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

It's stew, you let it simmer as long as possible. Why would you need to call your mom to ask her that?

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Inspector Danger

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater gives us the launching point of The Century's Greatest Romance. (August 6, 1929)

Okay, I'll admit that's pretty great. :allears:

Darthemed posted:

Calvin and Hobbes

I like that Watterson doesn't come down on either side on whether it's all in Calvins head or not, it allows gags like this to be read both ways. Also, his art is great, the perspective change in the second panel and Hobbes line of action is cool. And I've always liked his collisions. And "toy Hobbes" always cracks me up. Welp that's me gushing over a dumb 4 panel newspaper strip.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 19, 2016

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

This gives me mixed feelings for once.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

kidcoelacanth posted:

So very tempting to buy a smilie of this that will never be used.

Hell with that, it's our new gang tag.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (January 18 and 20, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Four (January 28-31, 1954)

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The Sphinxster posted:

This gives me mixed feelings for once.

It's just a bullshit platitude.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Darkest Auer posted:

Classic Dilbert

Dilbert used to be funny. :(

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man finally got around to posting an unfucked Sunday comic!

I liked it better before!

You did give the world a chance to alter their actions. And the world responded with a giant raspberry. And Spider-Man led the way!

I wonder if Newspaper Tony Stark is as into pioneering clean energy as Movie Tony Stark is.

Funky WinkerbeSally Forth

:smith:

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Dana was a real coke-fiend.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's too bad Weekday Spider-Man Colorist didn't get the memo that Atlanteans are blue.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Julet Esqu posted:

Funky WinkerbeSally Forth

:smith:

At least they threw in that Powdered Toast Cereal reference to provide some subtle levity? This is hitting too close to home. :smith:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Do others have a problem with xomf hosted images? They absolutely refuse to load for me.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Nenonen posted:

Do others have a problem with xomf hosted images? They absolutely refuse to load for me.

I had the same issue for a while but it seems to be working fine now.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Nenonen posted:

I used to but they seem to work now. I've also had issues with Tinypic, Minus and Photobucket though. Imgur's the only one that's been consistently trouble-free.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

I look forward to the storyline where this imp from hell is bullied by the second graders, and the last panel is Rex sat silent, gazing into the distance, satisfied smile on his mug.

Twisted sentiment aside, it's been like 150 years since I was in the first and second grades; aside from her fantastic artistic skillz, what actual learned skills should a first grader have at the end of that year in order to advance to the second grade? Reading level, maths -- not to mention there's a heck of a different between a 6 year old and a 7 year old socially, The adults may be wowed by her precocious ways, but I can't imagine the other kids being impressed with her (although this being Rex Morgan, she'll probably be elected school president.

I'm putting way too much thought into this strip :smith:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nenonen posted:

They don't work if I'm reading the thread on my ipad Awful, but they work through a browser.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

kith_groupie posted:

I missed most of the 2015 thread. How long has Mary Worth been just pleasant stories for the heavily sedated?
Mary Worth is a newspaper comic strip, which has had a seven-decade run since it began in 1938 under the title Mary Worth's Family.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Red Meat

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

RandomFerret posted:

Yes.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Mark Trail

Interesting phrasing right there.

Pearls Before Swine

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Skippy (November 20, 1928)

Peanuts (January 21, 1969)

Please Tell Me We're Not Spending A Whole Week On Robert Plant

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (August 13-14, 1928)

Thimble Theater (August 7, 1929)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

kith_groupie posted:

I missed most of the 2015 thread. How long has Mary Worth been just pleasant stories for the heavily sedated? I remember there used to be conflict, even if it was stupid poo poo like her gentleman-friend working in Cambodia for six weeks or pushy ice skater dad.

Also the idea of a girl wanting a watch over all the other stuff they'd have at a department store is dumb as hell and I'm sure it's crafted to soothe the blue hairs.
This particular storyline appears to be nothing but fantasy fulfillment for old ladies, but usually there's at least some kind of conflict or issue. Although thinking back there hasn't been a real meaty one in a while. I mean Olive's doctor last year had an addiction thing and was creepy in some way, but they never actually had him do anything. The drug addict Tommy came back, but again not much happened there. He got a job and there's a pretty girl that works there and they left it at that.

I hope this story ends soon and we get a good one. One on par with that drunk woman from a couple years ago would be awesome.

Ms Boods posted:

I look forward to the storyline where this imp from hell is bullied by the second graders, and the last panel is Rex sat silent, gazing into the distance, satisfied smile on his mug.

Twisted sentiment aside, it's been like 150 years since I was in the first and second grades; aside from her fantastic artistic skillz, what actual learned skills should a first grader have at the end of that year in order to advance to the second grade? Reading level, maths -- not to mention there's a heck of a different between a 6 year old and a 7 year old socially, The adults may be wowed by her precocious ways, but I can't imagine the other kids being impressed with her (although this being Rex Morgan, she'll probably be elected school president.

I'm putting way too much thought into this strip :smith:
Sarah has handled bullies before (she did it at the museum) and she does so by slamming them verbally with her superior intellect.

She's supposedly advanced enough in her reading and all that, although no one has actually tested her as far as I know. Realistically this skipping a grade thing could cause issues for the kid but in this strip there all gonna love her except maybe one. She will win that one over and they will become bestest buddies in the whole world.

I know way too much about the strips I post. Man, you follow this thread for a few years and you eventually know a lot of poo poo about comic strips.

RandomFerret posted:

I could go for this.

F Minus

This is a joke I will likely one day make in real life.

Mary Worth

Some of you might remember the intense cake-moving week a few years back. That was some good MW action.

Rex Morgan MD

But his eyes are closed...or are they...

Secret Agent X-9

"One from DeVry!"

Apartment 3-G

• Locked thread