Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pinkk
Sep 6, 2004

hi
Rakghoul groups tonight? I need green guns!

edit: (and Eyeless)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

prefect posted:

I finally crossed the ten-million-credit barrier, and I'm looking to add on; how would I go about getting one of these money trees?

They come from conquest but you can buy them on the AH

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Aphrodite posted:

They come from conquest but you can buy them on the AH

I think I hit 20K conquest on four or five characters last week; I can push a little harder on that now that I've filled up my two apartments with random garbage. :D

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

pinkk posted:

Rakghoul groups tonight? I need green guns!

edit: (and Eyeless)

I definitely won't be doing any Rakghoul dailies (got the rep already and tokens coming out of my rear end in a top hat) but I can do Eyeless if we get some people.

Reminder to people with Biochem, this is a good week to sell your grade 8 medical supplies and Diplomacy mats as people need them for a recruitment quest that can only be finished during the Rakghoul event.

Also, was thinking about it. T.H.O.R.N is legally the most incompetent group. The Rakghouls keep coming back to the exact same places, and even 5 years later (during KOTFE) they STILL haven't stopped them.

pinkk
Sep 6, 2004

hi
The highest slicing one yields ~700-1k every 4 hours, which is not very good.

http://tor-decorating.com/encrypted-terminal/

The node decos overall aren't amazing imo. I use the Perfect Upari one on all my dudes for grade 8 Archeology mats (for attachments -> mk-8 aug components) which is a much better value than 800 or so credits.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The crafting nodes for decorations were a great idea in theory but in practice they just aren't that useful.

A) Can't put them on a guild ship for everyone to use, only gold key members can use them.

B) Even then, though resource exhaustion is a personal debuff the node itself becomes unharvestable unless it's picked up and put back down again. I understand the mentality behind this (the node is exhausted) but I kind of feel it should be one or the other.

If nodes got exhausted but you didn't, then there would be some drive to get all the different nodes so you could spent a few hours harvesting mats when bored until the node runs out. But the way it is now, there's no reason not to only harvest either the highest slicing node, the Perfect Uprari Crystal formation, or the Enriched Durasteel Cache (grade 8 Scavenging mats)

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

IMO the grade 6 gathering nodes are the most profitable because they're in the sweet spot where everyone passes over them questing faster than they need them to level a profession and they're still used for Conquest mats, so there's never a ton of them on the GTN.

It's an easy 20-50k every time you log in to your stronghold, really. Way better than the slicing node.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Also, was thinking about it. T.H.O.R.N is legally the most incompetent group. The Rakghouls keep coming back to the exact same places, and even 5 years later (during KOTFE) they STILL haven't stopped them.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Addalar Hyland is up to shenanigans. He acts all helpful and caring for Republic players, but he's a dickhead to his employees when you're on the Imperial side. I don't trust him.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez
It's conquest time bros. Time to pick a planet.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

blueberrysmith posted:

It's conquest time bros. Time to pick a planet.

Logging on to pick Tatooine as we speak.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Medullah posted:

Logging on to pick Tatooine as we speak.

Nice. This one looks like it'll be a race to the top.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Medullah posted:

I think about this a bunch with heroics.

"Hey, you know those toxic bombs you destroyed last week, and the week before, and the week before that? Well, you'll never guess what is back in that same facility!"

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
E: nvm

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jan 19, 2016

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Do I need to resub to this yet to continue KotFE? I want more Bounty Hunter vs. Force user shenanigans.

"That's a very nice lightsaber but can it stop you being on fire?"

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

go3 posted:

I think about this a bunch with heroics.

"Hey, you know those toxic bombs you destroyed last week, and the week before, and the week before that? Well, you'll never guess what is back in that same facility!"

It's getting better. It used to be every day!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

It's getting better. It used to be every day!

Hahaha yeah back on Belsavis daily days my friends would home about that all the time. "Okay, we know you risked your life to get that ancient artifact back from the Esh-Ka and put the shattered pieces back together buttttt... Well, we lost it again. Also, those prisoners you released? Caught AGAIN. "

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Well...if things are this bad now, just imagine what it would be like without them!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So for anyone that is new, the Rakghoul event is live. There are a few nice things that you can get from the event -

A) Bind to Legacy weapons - Very nice if you have, say, a Marauder and a Sentinel. You can buy a saber that you can pass back and forth between them. Also a way to pass endgame hilts and barrels from character to character

B) Bind to Legacy relics - While the antiviral kits may not seem that great at first (+endurance, +presence, right click Rakghoul vaccine), they are actually improved significantly with level sync on planets. Now that your main stats are capped art a certain level on each planet, you can use these to boost your presence on lower level planets and make your companion even more beastly.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Is there anywhere in game to see what to do to get conquest points? I always feel bad about not participating and meeting the goal but everyone just says do stuff like pvp, ops, etc. and I don't know how to track my progress or what focusing on a planet (Tatooine in this case) means for me and my goal.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

mastajake posted:

Is there anywhere in game to see what to do to get conquest points? I always feel bad about not participating and meeting the goal but everyone just says do stuff like pvp, ops, etc. and I don't know how to track my progress or what focusing on a planet (Tatooine in this case) means for me and my goal.

It's a little hard to read, but if you go to your mission log ("L" key, I think), the second tab along the top edge is "Conquest".

It looks like this, but without the giant "1", "2", and "3":

Picture taken from http://dulfy.net/2014/08/07/swtor-planetary-conquests-guide/

prefect fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 19, 2016

Grimshak
Oct 8, 2013

I know you need the meat, girl, but damn.

Medullah posted:

So for anyone that is new, the Rakghoul event is live. There are a few nice things that you can get from the event -

A) Bind to Legacy weapons - Very nice if you have, say, a Marauder and a Sentinel. You can buy a saber that you can pass back and forth between them. Also a way to pass endgame hilts and barrels from character to character

B) Bind to Legacy relics - While the antiviral kits may not seem that great at first (+endurance, +presence, right click Rakghoul vaccine), they are actually improved significantly with level sync on planets. Now that your main stats are capped art a certain level on each planet, you can use these to boost your presence on lower level planets and make your companion even more beastly.

Are these events only high level players can take part in?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Grimshak posted:

Nope, level 25 and higher. The boss may require level 65.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Two questions:

1) is there a light side goon guild? If so how do I get in?

2) how do you start this event that's going on?

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

There are clickable news droids on Fleet near the north, south, east and west exits that will get you started with the event, same as with the Gree event.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Two questions:

1) is there a light side goon guild? If so how do I get in?

Assuming you mean 'Republic' when you say 'light side' (you can be light side and Empire) the guild is called Goon Squad and is also on Jedi Covenant like the Empire guild That's No Goon. You can search (if you're a sub, I think F2P people might not be able to) using the instructions in the OP for the guild Goon Squad and just whisper anyone online for an invite. If you can't search and you have a character in TNG there are a lot of people with alts in GS so someone can swap over and invite you if you ask in chat.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Yeah, Republic. Huh, I could have sworn that I didn't see guild info in the OP. My bad

Out of curiosity what happens if you go light side empire? Being a light sith just seems. . . odd.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Grimshak posted:

Medullah already pointed out they're 25+, but to add to that: It might actually be better to do it on lower-level characters. Unless this has changed since the last time I did it, it's one of the only pieces of content left in the game where it scales the bad guys to YOUR level instead of scaling you to theirs. That means it's one of the few places where a level 60 character with lovely gear is going to struggle a little. It only takes a few runs through on alts to get enough rep to buy the legacy-bound relics.

In totally unrelated news, I recently upgraded my PC hardware, and formatted / reinstalled windows to make it all work. I keep all my games on other drives so they basically still work, but it had the bizarre side-effect of reverting the SWTOR launcher to the old style that they got rid of months ago. The game otherwise loads up just fine, and of course runs better than ever since I got this new rig. I'm just stuck with the old launcher, and the game doesn't give a poo poo. I even tried running repair on it and it did nothing. New computer, old launcher. Weird.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah, Republic. Huh, I could have sworn that I didn't see guild info in the OP. My bad

Out of curiosity what happens if you go light side empire? Being a light sith just seems. . . odd.

Great things.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Lightside Warrior is an honorable villain who seeks to reform the empire, lightside bounty hunter doesn't murder innocents or kill unnecessarily, lightside agent does both of the above, lightside inquisitor is... slightly less crazy

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Everyone just assumes that you're clearly just planning something really devious.

All of the Light Side versions of the Imperial class stories work surprisingly well, really.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Nerd Of Prey posted:

In totally unrelated news, I recently upgraded my PC hardware, and formatted / reinstalled windows to make it all work. I keep all my games on other drives so they basically still work, but it had the bizarre side-effect of reverting the SWTOR launcher to the old style that they got rid of months ago. The game otherwise loads up just fine, and of course runs better than ever since I got this new rig. I'm just stuck with the old launcher, and the game doesn't give a poo poo. I even tried running repair on it and it did nothing. New computer, old launcher. Weird.
That happened to me a little while back. The launcher got back to the new version the next time it updated.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

StashAugustine posted:

Lightside Warrior is an honorable villain who seeks to reform the empire, lightside bounty hunter doesn't murder innocents or kill unnecessarily, lightside agent does both of the above, lightside inquisitor is... slightly less crazy
Light side Inquisitor does things that might benefit the Empire to a degree rather than only themselves.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
The pubbie community of SWTOR really is the worst I've encountered after over a decade of MMOing. It's kind of crazy.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Mercurius posted:

Light side Inquisitor does things that might benefit the Empire to a degree rather than only themselves.

benefiting me benefits the empire!

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Verranicus posted:

The pubbie community of SWTOR really is the worst I've encountered after over a decade of MMOing. It's kind of crazy.

Surely you've never played DCUO.

go3 posted:

benefiting me benefits the empire!

I AM the empire!

Does anything notable change if you use a sith in the inquisitor line?

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

mastajake posted:

It's occasionally mentioned in dialogue but ultimately it doesn't change anything.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

My sorcerer is a pureblood Sith and I'm pretty sure I've never been referred to as anything other than slave although now that I think about it my Miraluka assassin was called alien scum a few times whereas the Sith wasn't. I think in general if the race isn't one of the 'default' races you're unlikely to get any additional dialogue.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Light-side Bounty Hunter is an idealized Klingon/Mandalorian: you're a warrior, not a thug or criminal or mercenary, with a strict warrior's code of honor. Sure you'll piss off the Empire here and there, but cooler heads in the Empire appreciate your integrity and a LS bounty hunter is later said to be a folk hero to the common people of the Empire.

Light-side Imperial Agent has actually read their Machiavelli and agrees that if you can't be feared and respected, choose respect.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

mastajake posted:

If you make one and then log out without doing much of anything, the next log in screen will make mention of it but that's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hulk Smash! posted:

If you make one and then log out without doing much of anything, the next log in screen will make mention of it but that's about it.

That helps a lot; I wish it were clearer in the game.

• Locked thread