Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

http://tuscaloosa.craigslist.org/grq/5373827678.html

Doobie, buy the shed

This is a realtor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

donkey salami posted:

Since this is a tribute, does anyone have the splooge or dsl posts?

Or are those off limits?
Please no.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 19, 2016

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I don't know what an all you can eat chicken bar is..........but it sounds like heaven.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

And finally

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Oh poo poo, wait, I found one more and it's a good one:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Y'all leave that soundmonkey alone he is my frienndd

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

That chili hole done been sucked dry... for good...

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

There's not a funeral home next to the og ouse that I can see unless they're offering oil changes

e: the white building on the other side is "Bokay's flowers and gifts"

Lord of Pie fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 19, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

vyst posted:

Y'all leave that soundmonkey alone he is my frienndd
what does he think about doob now that the dream is over

Lord of Pie posted:

There's not a funeral home next to the og ouse that I can see unless they're offering oil changes

don't bring your high falutin logic into this, "pie lord"

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
http://s1.webmshare.com/XNEwL.webm

Doobie should go down with the ship.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lord of Pie posted:

lmao his oil change place really was right across the street. I bet dollars to donuts doobie ran back and forth between the grill and the auto shop whenever a customer walked into either.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

quote:

I've been thinking about this from his perspective and it's loving incredible.

Here he is, a man with a dream. Owning and operating his own business. Showing his 3 sons what it's like to provide for your family and letting them know that if you work hard enough you too can make your own way. He did his research, took his time, got everything figured out and decided that where he's at the best thing to do would be a Hot Dog stand. But where he's at you can't really do a traditional stand, so he needed a proper kitchen and space and steam trays and...

Six thousand dollars. $6000 that he didn't have. $6000 that he can't scrape together because he's barely getting by with the money he's got.

Then he hears about this Kickstarter website, where people help dreams come true. So he gets it all set up and the woman he loves more than anything takes $60 out of her own check, money that could have gone to a new pair of pants for one of the boys or maybe to the electric bill that's a month past due. Money that could've, no SHOULD'VE been spent on the household to just get by. And she gave it to the man she loves most in the world to tell him that his dreams matter, and she believed in him.

With 1% funded and 30 days to go, he waited. Checked it every morning, noon, and night.

"Maybe it takes a few days" he probably thought at first.

A few days pass, with no change.

"No one knows, I have to spread the word!" So he goes to facebook and twitter, and starts trying to get the word out. Sure he's just one man, but he has a humble goal that's actually well thought out. If you build it, they will come.

21 days into his 30 day campaign: $60 of $6000 funded. No one noticed, no one cared, but he still held out hope. Maybe in the back of his mind he was trying desperately to figure out what he was going to do. Kickstarter was probably a hail mary. The bank had probably already said no. There's no real steady work around town, and that electric bill comes in a red envelope now.

Then a message in his inbox: "I'm from the internet, you can call us team frogout....."

in 48 hours he's overfunded.

Miracles Happen.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Boinks posted:

*ring ring*
Doob: Hello?
Landlord: Wayne, the funeral home next door needs a bigger parking lot, you're out at the end of the month
Doob: Ok, thanks
*click*

pretty much :frogout:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

CrashCat posted:

what does he think about doob now that the dream is over

he'd have to figure out what fyad thinks before answering.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
The dog days are over.

Posting in a historical thread.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Is the mechanic shop closing too or just the dog house?

:rip:

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Bold Robot posted:

Is the mechanic shop closing too or just the dog house?

:rip:
There's no facebook page for the oil change place so we'll never know :iiam:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I really don't feel strongly about this one way or another.

Weird, right?

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

This is still the greatest Doobie fan art btw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNA51abv8lw

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
other than that initial goon trip did anyone else ever actually go to the shack????????????

i feel like someone should go there by the end of the week and buy some of his final goods and get there oil change

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Lord of Pie posted:

Hang on theres not even a funeral home near the doghouse, this i a trick on sa.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Tenzarin posted:

thats what i said like 2 pages ago

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
I bet almost anything that Doobie's one of those guys that every fifteen minutes he has a new "passion" or new direction in life. Like when you're a teen and you constantly change between emo, skater, punk, goth, until you find what suits you. Except Doobie's an adult with kids that depend on him and instead of changing clothing styles he changes careers. Right now his life destiny is to be a mechanic. Two years ago it was to be a hot dog-slinger. Two years before that, it was an Alabama sewer man. And two years from now he'll suddenly want to be a pilot or something.

That's the only reason I can think of why he just went "welp guess I gotta close the shack based on some phone call about a funeral parlor" instead of fighting for his shack to see what can be done. Or even a new location. He wanted out and this was his easy way out. Any dumb excuse that could finally come his way he was gonna take it. Or else he would have put in the same effort he did trying to get gay people fired for being gay.

He's so lazy that he wanted to hire a full time manager with three years experience and clean piss because he couldn't handle a 40 hour work week.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

He should go back to the goon plan of opening a cart outside of his dad's funeral home. Hot cheap snacks of comfort to them crying babies whose lost them folks... god bless...

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Melmac posted:

I bet almost anything that Doobie's one of those guys that every fifteen minutes he has a new "passion" or new direction in life. Like when you're a teen and you constantly change between emo, skater, punk, goth, until you find what suits you. Except Doobie's an adult with kids that depend on him and instead of changing clothing styles he changes careers. Right now his life destiny is to be a mechanic. Two years ago it was to be a hot dog-slinger. Two years before that, it was an Alabama sewer man. And two years from now he'll suddenly want to be a pilot or something.
I'm almost certain you're correct, just look back at the time he was making some retarded new menu item every couple of weeks and going "ask for it" and then immediately dropping it like a bad habit. Whatever whim strikes is what a Doob does

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
doobdolences

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

lol whoever wrote this post is apparently v familiar with what happens when you don't pay ur bills

Admiral_eX_laX
Jul 8, 2009

Historically Inaccurate
My thoughts on the topic:

-I live about an hour and some change from Doobie's establishment, oftentimes passing it on the way to Tuscaloosa. Whenever I would have a manic phase I would get the idea that going to Doobie's and causing a scene that would rile up his and Natasha's xenophobia and bigotry would be a hilarious thing. Not so much now, as I've been working on myself. I'm glad Doobie's is closed, as it will no longer tempt me to incite a disturbance should my meds fail.

-experiencing disappointment makes you or breaks you. we could very well see doobie again. probably not.

-they paved paradise, and put up a parking lot. indeed.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Tenzarin posted:

no its a trick on doobie by the landlord. doobie is very dumb, you see.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Did Doobie ever paint the giant frog on the side of the shed?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

CrashCat posted:

There's no facebook page for the oil change place

Yes there is. I'm on my phone but it's on Facebook as /WestAlabamaAutomotive/

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Melmac posted:

That's the only reason I can think of why he just went "welp guess I gotta close the shack based on some phone call about a funeral parlor" instead of fighting for his shack to see what can be done. Or even a new location. He wanted out and this was his easy way out. Any dumb excuse that could finally come his way he was gonna take it. Or else he would have put in the same effort he did trying to get gay people fired for being gay.

He's so lazy that he wanted to hire a full time manager with three years experience and clean piss because he couldn't handle a 40 hour work week.

He decided his "dream" was to run a hot dog restaurant (seriously, he claimed it was his dream), but once he did it he realized that restaurant work actually really loving sucks like many people who have no experience running a restaurant but start one anyway. I don't know what he thought would be so great about it other than it being nice to be your own boss. So now he's on to the next thing, hoping light auto repair might suck less.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FadingChord posted:

Did Doobie ever paint the giant frog on the side of the shed?
no but he made it green before he decided he hated all the froggers. then he never used the frog mascots people made, never put up any kickstarter reward ads, etc

I think he had a cork board by the door for people who actually physically visit to post things though

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

My thoughts on the topic:

-I live about an hour and some change from Doobie's establishment, oftentimes passing it on the way to Tuscaloosa. Whenever I would have a manic phase I would get the idea that going to Doobie's and causing a scene that would rile up his and Natasha's xenophobia and bigotry would be a hilarious thing. Not so much now, as I've been working on myself. I'm glad Doobie's is closed, as it will no longer tempt me to incite a disturbance should my meds fail.

-experiencing disappointment makes you or breaks you. we could very well see doobie again. probably not.

-they paved paradise, and put up a parking lot. indeed.

:eyepop:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

:lol: classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

HoAssHo posted:

He decided his "dream" was to run a hot dog restaurant (seriously, he claimed it was his dream), but once he did it he realized that restaurant work actually really loving sucks like many people who have no experience running a restaurant but start one anyway. I don't know what he thought would be so great about it other than it being nice to be your own boss. So now he's on to the next thing, hoping light auto repair might suck less.
it's not exactly rocket science to figure out that being stuck in a fast food kitchen prison of your own design the rest of your life is a terrible idea but somehow it eluded the ol Doobster

i mean coleslaw is cold lol

• Locked thread