Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Powered through Helck.

Helck is real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
The hero killer is pretty drat terrible.

Heroes killed by hero killer thus far:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Davincie posted:

harpy best girl

good news for you, im pretty she becomes a member of the party

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ANIME AKBAR posted:

The hero killer is pretty drat terrible.

Heroes killed by hero killer thus far:

Yeah but on the other hand, heroes killed by things that are not the hero killer:

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Davincie posted:

harpy best girl

It's finally a Tuesday...

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

chumbler posted:

Yeah but on the other hand, heroes killed by things that are not the hero killer:

Most of them? Multiple times?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sam Faust posted:

Most of them? Multiple times?

They weren't true heroes, duh.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Maybe the hero killer could take them out permanently...

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So presumably this poo poo with random heroes going to kill the nearest demon king kept happening. It said the last time was 200 years ago, but some of the demons have much longer life spans so they remember it clearly. So for the previous iterations either the hero succeeded and caused an increase in monsters or they failed and were never heard from again. I'm not sure why heroes would be venerated by humans if they never produced results.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Serious Frolicking posted:

So presumably this poo poo with random heroes going to kill the nearest demon king kept happening. It said the last time was 200 years ago, but some of the demons have much longer life spans so they remember it clearly. So for the previous iterations either the hero succeeded and caused an increase in monsters or they failed and were never heard from again. I'm not sure why heroes would be venerated by humans if they never produced results.

Well they could have just gone on monster purge campaigns and cleaned out the human lands before deciding to go after what they thought is the source.

Or another baseless, idle speculation

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 20, 2016

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I find it really interesting how there's all this other stuff going on aside from the main story, and how even awakened, reviving human armies are still a lower threat than whatever is to the North (and the humans only become a greater threat due to the potential for limitless growth in the power of their troops), though I have a feeling that whatever the Northern threat is might somehow be related to this awakening business (they might be some other awakened race, like that one Helck and Vamirio fought earlier).

Even though there's a threat, you don't really get the same "underdog" feeling as you get from most stories of this nature; the Empire is still extremely powerful and looks like it'll be able to easily fend off the humans for a while even with just a fraction of its forces. The threat is more of a long term thing. That being said, I'm kind of worried one of the "phases" discussed in recent chapters might be something like a plan to awaken demons, which would be kind of lame and raise the stakes too fast, in my opinion. I hope that the Empire remains a really formidable opponent for the antagonists to overcome.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Whatever phase 2 is involves going to the southern castle, which is also where Team Helck is going, so I think things will be fine. It also sets Helck up to run into his former comrades, so there's that.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
The emperor, the two guardian kings, and the other two heavenly kings haven't even appeared on screen to do anything about the humans. Hell, Vamirio wouldn't even be there if not for Azudora hospitalizing himself.

Though Azudora did remark that, at their current power, the humans shouldn't have been able to take out the one normal king. I don't think he has seen Cless's strength, though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Desuwa posted:

The emperor, the two guardian kings, and the other two heavenly kings haven't even appeared on screen to do anything about the humans. Hell, Vamirio wouldn't even be there if not for Azudora hospitalizing himself.

Though Azudora did remark that, at their current power, the humans shouldn't have been able to take out the one normal king. I don't think he has seen Cless's strength, though.

Azudora does bring up Cless as a possibility. Granted, it's unlikely since we've seen what Cless is currently like.

Tooru = Killed by Cless (according to Helck), possibly forcibly mutated by the Sage
Urum = Killed by winged soldiers, who shouldn't have been able to do so with their power level unless they had a special weapon or someone really strong

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Davincie posted:

what gender is piuy

YES!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I look to the sky and pray for Rello

Only registered members can see post attachments!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I blame myself for the creation of that picture

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Professor Wayne posted:

A lot times this seems like a PG version of Berserk.

Nope. Not enough boat.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

piuy fact sheet:

name: piuy ???
race: not bird
skills: pi!

Dr. Cuddles
Jul 18, 2010
piuy is the most powerful

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Dr. Cuddles posted:

piuy is the most powerful

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Pyo
Pyooeh~

PI!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Piuy fact:

8<>

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Piuy is actually the KING OF THE MONSTERS from the North

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
i want a piuy plush

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
wonder who piuys gonna gently caress

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Everyone

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Alright, it finally happened, we're all caught up

but what a magnificent final page to leave off on

http://i.imgur.com/hAKJToS.jpg

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Edil definitely has a crush on Hyura

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I believe in Azudora

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I'm not sure who will win

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

El Burbo posted:

Edil definitely has a crush on Hyura

:same:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Helck has a crush on everyone, because he crushes them.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

El Burbo posted:

I'm not sure who will win

Lesser series would cheap out here, but Helck is strong and so is Helck.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Lesser series would cheap out here, but Helck is strong and so is Helck.

Helck is quite far away right now, nothing he can do.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

El Burbo posted:

Helck is quite far away right now, nothing he can do.

Helck's heart is with Azudora.

E: jokes aside I am mostly just sick of Mikaros floating around all smug and invincible when Rafaed and the King are more interesting (assuming the King is an individual) relative to Generic Evil Wizard Man

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jan 20, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodyle posted:

I look to the sky and pray for Rello

who

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The translator.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The scanlator, the one man who has done all the work to bring us helck