Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Amante posted:

There's that $5 deal that gets you a week of premium (and permanently through queues, etc.), you can buy that at cost I think? If not then that'd be lame, yeah.
Oh, so it's like TERA/SWTOR where if you paid any money at all you get preferred status at queues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

General Morden posted:

your precious slots are being held by bots spamming messages about gold selling

So the bots are basically advertising gold to other bots.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Pierson posted:

Oh, so it's like TERA/SWTOR where if you paid any money at all you get preferred status at queues?
Indeed.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Mohawk Potato posted:

So the bots are basically advertising gold to other bots.

And the two humans that haven't logged out since day one.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

In each survey questionnaire I make sure to say that the game needs more hats.

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

Amante posted:

P.S. Seriously, has anyone (a single person even) gotten their Mushin -> Other Server transfer complete?

Mine. Got an e-mail monday morning (I'm in Japan, so it was night for me), woke up and it was done.

On the other hand, my friends haven't gotten theirs done so.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Interesting. I got that e-mail on Monday as well, so I assumed it was imminent... but nothing so far. It's kind of a pain too because we're past F2P release now and the character I made on OMC ALSO has a name I want to keep. If they do the transfer at a bad time I could lose it while offline :(

Will see how it goes I suppose...

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I imagine theres a gillion people trying to do it.

spidergoats
May 20, 2001
Don't be like me and get tired of the Mushin queue, only to roll on Cho and see almost 3x the amount in the queue there.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Any of the servers seem actually not particularly busy in general?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

spidergoats posted:

Don't be like me and get tired of the Mushin queue, only to roll on Cho and see almost 3x the amount in the queue there.

Same. I jumped to Cho because Mushin was too bad. I dun goofed.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

OMC's queue is a max of 10-20 people at a time if you're premium. If you're not, well...

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
I don't know about that. I'm premium, tried to login to Old Man Cho, and it tells me this:
All queues are full.

What in the gently caress?

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
What server has the lowest population, cuz i just want to play, dont care who with

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Are you sure about this? I can't find that anywhere.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I realize this is pretty normal for every MMO on launch day but a small comedic part of me is imagining the guys in charge setting up the servers and saying to each other 'Guys, guys, let's just be honest with ourselves. No one is going to play our game.' and setting the server pop cap at about 10.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Evil_Greven posted:

I don't know about that. I'm premium, tried to login to Old Man Cho, and it tells me this:
All queues are full.

What in the gently caress?

Max of 5000 people in queue. Just keep clicking it and you will get in queue in a few seconds.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Schubalts posted:

Are you sure about this? I can't find that anywhere.
http://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/premium-membership/

Premium Levels are permanent, and spending anything will put you at Level 1 (which unlocks Priority Queue).

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Amante posted:

Premium Levels are permanent, and spending anything will put you at Level 1 (which unlocks Priority Queue).

Ranks are permanent, but you don't get their benefits if you don't have an active premium subscription.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Amante posted:

they are permanent as long as you have premium, and they are REMEMBERED while you don't have premium.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
No no no no, that means that if your premium lapses, you will retain that premium rank when you reactivate it. Your rank determines the bonuses that you get when you have an active premium subscription.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Never have I felt as sassy as my 8 foot tall 70s disco foxy kung fu master lady.

Amante posted:

Nice. That $5 starter pack I bought is a pretty decent deal then. Get hosed, queue sitters!

Edit::

Liberatore posted:

Ranks are permanent, but you don't get their benefits if you don't have an active premium subscription.

Never mind!! See you in a week, queue sitters!

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

I just got the "all queues full" on Old Man Cho for the first time. Mashed the play button 2-3 more times and I got through an instant queue of 10, so try that in the future maybe.

Edit: Didn't realize you lost premium benefits while not subbed. Bummer :(

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Amante posted:

There's that $5 deal that gets you a week of premium (and permanently through queues, etc.), you can buy that at cost I think? If not then that'd be lame, yeah.

P.S. Seriously, has anyone (a single person even) gotten their Mushin -> Other Server transfer complete?

This was the best idea ever. Got in within 30 seconds.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Are the "harder" classes like KFM going to be impossible with Australian ping?

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I joined the Red Faction on OMC, someone throw Omiko an invite.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Kinda annoyed you can't bind extra mouse keys to abilities. Anyway to make them work?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

If I were to buy an additional slot, would that give me permanent status to the queues or do I need to get a premium membership?

I won't actually spend money until I get in and see if it's worthwhile, but I'm curious what my options are if I actually do play.

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
I have made it to level 45 and based on some of the suggested specs I've found for both pve and pvp, I have learned absolutely nothing about how you're supposed to play a force master. I'm so confused.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

khy posted:

If I were to buy an additional slot, would that give me permanent status to the queues or do I need to get a premium membership?

I won't actually spend money until I get in and see if it's worthwhile, but I'm curious what my options are if I actually do play.
Unfortunately I was wrong, you do need to have an active premium membership to receive the benefits (including priority queue). If you're wanting to check it out before the queues probably die down in a few weeks, I'd still recommend dropping $5 on 7 day premium, but I can understand if you're not wanting to put any money in on a game you're not sure if you want to play.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I've been watching some streams and it's nice to see that other people are having the same experience I am in PvP as a Blade Master ie you get instantly gibbed by Destroyers/Assassins/Summoners and there doesn't seem to be anything you can do, at least when you're new.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

OhFunny posted:

Kinda annoyed you can't bind extra mouse keys to abilities. Anyway to make them work?

MB4 and beyond didn't want to map for me but I just rebound those buttons to a keyboard key and they worked. Not sure if your mouse can't rebind buttons ... I'm guessing Autohotkey is banned via Hackshield?

Hajoon server wasn't a bad wait, was only 800 people in queue last time I crashed even :ironicat:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Lemming posted:

I've been watching some streams and it's nice to see that other people are having the same experience I am in PvP as a Blade Master ie you get instantly gibbed by Destroyers/Assassins/Summoners and there doesn't seem to be anything you can do, at least when you're new.

Part of this is because we're in a mishmash patch of level 45 stats with level 50 skills to some degree. It's like WoW's pre-expansion patches.

Iceman2343
May 7, 2007

I'll take the Job.

If the Mushin guild still has spots open, could I be added? My in-game name is Hara DeLao.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

DemonMage posted:

Part of this is because we're in a mishmash patch of level 45 stats with level 50 skills to some degree. It's like WoW's pre-expansion patches.

I dunno man, I'm not at max level or anything. Lvl 30 vs 30 and it's not close a lot of matches, and then I play against another Blade Master or Kung Fu Master and I can do fine.

Edit: Against certain classes it feels like I'm not even playing the same game, specifically Summoners and Destroyers.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

The classes that do the most burst are going to be stronger at earlier levels, due to lower HP pools and fewer defensive tools being available. There are also specific skills (certain CC breaks, etc.) that some classes NEED to do well, so yeah... if you're PvPing below 45-50, things are gonna be all over the place. PvP will be a little weird in general until we get access to level 50, but it'll be fine over time.

P.S. You may also just be bad. B&S PvP requires fighting game level knowledge/reflexes at the higher levels. If you come up against someone significantly better than you, defeat is likely.

Amante fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 20, 2016

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Unless the matchmaking is completely hosed and ranks me exclusively against better Destroyers/Summoners/Assassins and worse Blade Masters and Kung Fu Masters I think it's more likely that the balance is hosed at the lower levels like you were saying.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
which class is the most fighting game/character action

alternatively: which is best in pvp

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Rage is the only freedom left me.

OhFunny posted:

I used my Razor software to create a profile for BnS where the mouse buttons simulate key strokes(8,9,0) then bind my skills that way. Seems to work fine, I have to do this for any game that doesn't recognize 'Mouse Button 4' etc...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Farg posted:

which class is the most fighting game/character action

alternatively: which is best in pvp

Kung Fu Master is all counter, parry, combo which is pretty fighty gamey. Blade Master is probably more character action with crazy sword swings everywhere.

• Locked thread