Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

grimcreaper posted:

Better Space Sushi. Also i hope your posting in Space SA otherwise its not worth the effort Awfulitizen.

I'm space posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

Eonwe posted:

i dont know much about poo poo but isnt the point of the spinning stuff to create artificial gravity

but don't all the other ships in this god drat universe have artificial gravity without this? so why does this one spin

whats the point of the spinning

Except there's an uneven number of spinning things. Assuming equal mass, that means torque will always want the ship to spin in one direction. It's poo poo ship design by people with clearly no understanding of physics.

Basically they're designing a helicopter with no tail rotor...

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

TTerrible posted:

You're most likely eight shades of hosed. How much are you in for? Are you in the EU?

Canada, and not much, like $30 or whatever the base game cost so it's not a big deal in terms of the cash, more that I don't like the idea of having given money to this man.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

How does the artificial gravity work in the ships? As in, how is the gravity produced? Is there any scientific babble behind that, or is it just another unexplained feature?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Eonwe posted:

I'm space posting

I'm space toasting

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

spacetoaster posted:

I'm space toasting

:eyepop:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'm in space, toasted :420:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

grimcreaper posted:

Oh man.. here ive been thinking for almost 2 years it was gonna be 60 bucks and i was like "Oh. well, it looks good but is it 60 bucks good?"

Now, im really excited.

This thread is a gold mine of info on many good games that are not Star Citizen.

Going by the PAX build from last year, Dreadnaught is the anti-StarCitizen in that the controls feel super loving right and fluid/solid when driving your ships. The big (title character) Dreadnaughts felt and handled like they had proper weight compared to the lighter faster corvettes.

Yet somehow it is also very pretty and fun.

Fractured Space on steam is a pretty OK "Dreadnaught-lite" but not really as refined and with a way less pretty/varied map.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

G0RF posted:

This is the narrative Sandi keeps asserting, and it tells you absolutely everything about how little she knows about building, staffing and training a support team-- and how much she wants viewers to believe that Sandi herself is the key to their former success and future successes-- while not being responsible for their current failures.

As AP noted a while back, the most recent "Ask Sandi" interview with Nikki "Batgirl" D'Angelo is an absolute goldmine. And the Customer Service issue gets quite a bit of discussion right out of the gate.

Sandi wants to create the impression that she is invaluable because she has super secret customer support genius skills-- the kind that can only be transferred via in-person hands-on training sessions led by Sandi Gardiner. She asserts that the decline in the quality / responsiveness of support (including Concierge-level support) is a byproduct not of CIG's perpetual understaffing of support but due to Sandi's distance from her as-yet-untrained support team in the UK. You see, when Sandi isn't there to 'refresh' their training, they lapse into their formerly lackluster states and begin providing crappy customer service because they're only human!

Listen to how Sandi unpacks this condescending narrative in her interactions with Batgirl, and pay particular note to the strange dancing around the matter of Chelsea Day. Chelsea, as we all know, is widely regarded as the face and gentle voice of a bygone era of higher quality customer support at CIG. Yet Sandi can not allow Batgirl's counter-narrative, that Chelsea was GREAT at dealing with Concierge customers because she was just naturally great, to go unrebutted.

3:00
Batgirl laments the Chelsea Day’s departure. Sandi does some fantastic acting here simply by not screaming. Then Sandi takes credit for the high quality CS service that Chelsea and Alexis’ once offered to the player base. It had nothing to do with them as people- it was solely the result of Sandi’s training. Sandi then notes the UK team hasn’t been trained as much and thus presumably can not provide the same quality of service until Sandi flies overseas and transfers super secret Sandi skills via in-person knowledge transfer sessions.

------

3:23
Batgirl laments yet again the lower quality of customer service in the post-Chelsea era. Nikki remarks that if CIG can get back to the higher standards of the Chelsea era that it will be the only company in gaming treating its customers like "friends".

NOT SO FAST, BATGIRL!

Nikki:
“Try calling EA and- well, you don’t get the personalized service you used to get from the two girls who took care of us… So I hope that works out for us!”

Sandi:
“Yeah! I think it will. And I will train the manager, who will then… kind of train the others, you know, because it filters from the top down. And then maybe get a couple of extra dedicated concierge folks as well.”

-------

TL:DR
The first 5 minutes of that interview tells you everything you need to know about Sandi's view of Star Citizen's Customer Support, both past and present. If it was better in the past in the Chelsea era, that was Sandi's doing because the greatness filtered down to Chelsea from her. If it sucks now, it's ultimately because Sandi hadn't yet filtered her greatness down to her lowly UK support team.

I am very behind in this thread, but drat if Sandi doesn't just come across as a really awful person. It's not just in this interview, but in the emails with Beer, her actions at the convention, and just the overall way she carries herself.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Dark Off posted:

just to let you know empty legal threads against companies kinda fulfills defamation clause. It could be interpret like your trying to cause financial loss to CIG. So if you dont sue em your kinda in risk here, regardless of truthiness of your statements.
But hey we know that the lawsuit is coming in 2 weeks right? :allears:

Yes. However, considering that we've had legal banter with them (Ortwin), they can't sue under that premise without it getting thrown out on sight. Then again, if they want to sue for that, they are very welcome to do it and they'll just make it so much easier for everyone.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

LowellDND posted:

I clearly need to start asking goons for money.

Probably not the best idea after the Doobie saga.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3760636

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Eonwe posted:

When I jack it this video always has to be playing and just as Matthew Lilliard resigns to the space bulldozer pushing his girlfriend into a space ditch I brick all over his face on the screen

same

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I am very behind in this thread, but drat if Sandi doesn't just come across as a really awful person. It's not just in this interview, but in the emails with Beer, her actions at the convention, and just the overall way she carries herself.

It was more fun to watch this ship sink when it was just everyone laughing at the goofy gently caress in charge screwing everything up every chance he got. Once Sandi violently grabbed center stage, the whole saga took a very dark turn, and it's nowhere near as fun to watch.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Wheeee posted:

Canada, and not much, like $30 or whatever the base game cost so it's not a big deal in terms of the cash, more that I don't like the idea of having given money to this man.

at this point refunds look unlikely - but it's still preferable to the inevitable future, where they'll be impossible because CIG will be penniless.

better to hassle them now about it and try your luck, i guess?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Scruffpuff posted:

It was more fun to watch this ship sink when it was just everyone laughing at the goofy gently caress in charge screwing everything up every chance he got. Once Sandi violently grabbed center stage, the whole sage took a very dark turn, and it's nowhere near as fun to watch.

Yeah, I miss the buffoonery of Roberts playing his own game.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Avalanche posted:

“If you rely only on your eyes, your other senses weaken (Bene Gesserit axiom).”
--Sandi Gardner

How dare you attribute a Bene Gesserit saying to Sandi Gardiner !

How can you compare her to a group of cold, manipulating women who specialize in use of indirect methodologies to further their goals and..

Oh..

Carry on.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

fuctifino posted:

The making of Lesnick 2

e: He's probably the only staff member left at Austin, and had to eat all the pizzas on his own

Then who . . . or what . . . is holding the camera? Spooky.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Angela Christine posted:

Then who . . . or what . . . is holding the camera? Spooky.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

PARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Why do spaceships need a runway, why do none of those people have spacesuits in their spaceships, why is there gravity on the outside of the spaceship.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 20, 2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm on Team Sandi

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I think I am Team Sandi :v:

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

G0RF posted:

The good news is we've got multiple parties in the same instance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQjo8Hgmwps

After reading about the deformed cougar in Idaho, Croberts knew he had to include another goal.

Trigger and NSFW warning for the feeble hearted included: Freak of nature lurks in the dark.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

G0RF posted:

The good news is we've got multiple parties in the same instance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQjo8Hgmwps

"~Star Citizen, it's working as intended~"

Nice to see they've got their heads on right, even if their avatars don't.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

sorla78 posted:

dangerousanalysis - makes you think

(Chris R in the Crosshair, but first Tim Schaefer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFX0f_YUn1I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tlzEXB_Wgo

Well now I've got something new to look into. This whole FiG thing is interesting for all the wrong reasons. V's going to love this.

Can't wait for the SC video. That's going to be fun to watch.

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 20, 2016

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

I personally love Sandi. She's provided us all so much entertainment now. She may be a poo poo actress but my god can she entertain.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Are we going to ignore the fact that Lowtax has an eight day sinus infection and stops posting just as Sandi goes to Europe to oversee CS training???

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

Anyone can be on Team Sandi with some simple training.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Sandi Pressley? lol

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!

jaegerx posted:

I personally love Sandi. She's provided us all so much entertainment now. She may be a poo poo actress but my god can she entertain.

Not only that but she's so loving arrogant that the poo poo show isn't even nearly over. Eventually an employee is going to capture a tirade of hers and post it, I personally cannot wait to laugh at the hijinks fallout and spin from that.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Einbauschrank posted:

After reading about the deformed cougar in Idaho, Croberts knew he had to include another goal.

Trigger and NSFW warning for the feeble hearted included: Freak of nature lurks in the dark.

if you think the cougars in idaho are deformed, wait till you see the people in silver mining towns

I hate idaho

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

EminusSleepus posted:

Sandi Pressley? lol

That's me on the back left being a sassy professional woman in a mans world, taking no prisoners on my no holds barred romp to the top of the corporate ladder.
I am a loose cannon and a renegade but I have a reputation for getting things done, no matter who or what stands in my way.
At home I am a loving mother, my gentle side comes out when I'm with my 5 kids, but come Monday morning I am a tiger once more, ready willing and extremely able to hold my own in the cut and thrust world of stationary sales.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
***True Story Time***

My mother in law thinks LOL means 'lots of love' so we get text messages off her like this one from the other week:

"Gran has taken a turn for the worse lol"

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
whomever told her that was what it meant is a pro IRL troll

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

:agreed:

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

peter gabriel posted:

***True Story Time***

My mother in law thinks LOL means 'lots of love' so we get text messages off her like this one from the other week:

Tell your mother in law to never change. Lol.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

peter gabriel posted:

***True Story Time***

LOL!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

It's been years so that has been long forgotten, what's remarkable now is no one corrects her - even after all these years.

"I have to go to that funeral on Weds, lol"

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It makes her sound very laid-back and "with it" even when life's rough.

• Locked thread