Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Zotix posted:

gently caress me. I need like 3 million credits and no way to get them.

That's only like 4 weeks of credit dailies. :v:

I've actually been tempted to hit up the card battles at this point. I'm in desperate need of both credits and training droids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Malgrin posted:

That's a rough place to be in. Also, how did you get Sidious to 6 so fast? I only just got him to 6 and I'm level 60...
Mine's 65 out of 100 shards to 7* and I'm only 58. Going to guess you haven't been doing Arenas as hard or have been spending money on crystals to do energy refills so you've gotten proportionally more XP in the same time, since arenas are time restricted.

Metos fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 20, 2016

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

gently caress no to those card battles. Energy can be better spent elsewhere.

I just watched my Dooku attack a Lumi like 5 times in a row no counter attacks. It was just constant turn meter gains and stuns.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 20, 2016

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I made the mistake of building Asajj before Sid. :(

I'll have Sid finished by the end of the week and Lumi shortly after. I can't wait.

planedriver
Jun 2, 2013

Malgrin posted:

That's a rough place to be in. Also, how did you get Sidious to 6 so fast? I only just got him to 6 and I'm level 60...

I would probably recommend doing the hard mode missions for JC, but keep farming cantina for Luke. He's just so ridiculous. I just got him to 6* too, and I can't imagine running GW or Arena without him.

I would also recommend continuing to level Poe. He gets really strong pretty fast, although I do understand wanting Daka so you can progress in dark side. It's a tough decision...but I think getting Poe to 5 is really drat worth it.

e: Thought about it for about a second longer, get JC to 4 and replace Jawa. It really won't take you long farming Cantina for him, especially if you're also doing hard mode...probably a couple days. 4* is only 30 shards.

I dunno why but my arena server was really easy when I first started and I got top 100-200 in the first few days. Been keeping 50-100 ever since but goddamn its impossible to kill whales.

Also lucked out and got Lumi in a bronzium :vince:

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
Edit: wrong thread

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Zotix posted:

gently caress no to those card battles. Energy can be better spent elsewhere.

You're right but at the same time, if you're not whaling you have to make choices eventually. If you wanted to forego one day of gear/shard grinding you can use 5 Energy refreshes (50/50/100/100/100) for 600 Energy = 12 Card battles = 1.2 million Credits. Depends what's more important to you. Hopefully whatever they switch in for Card battles will be more efficient but I doubt it.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I really can't stop the gear grind. I need to gear up QGJ as well as Kit Fisto. Not to mention I'll be hitting 65 in 3 days and that's where a ton of characters need a piece of gear.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Zotix posted:

I really can't stop the gear grind. I need to gear up QGJ as well as Kit Fisto. Not to mention I'll be hitting 65 in 3 days and that's where a ton of characters need a piece of gear.

Choices :) If you need to do it all at once the minute you need it, might as well :homebrew:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Lol it can wait. I should 7* kylo first before them. But the real thing holding back is ability mats

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
You guys know that you get crystals for connecting your facebook account with Galaxy of Heroes. For the longest time when you hit the gear in the top left it says they'll give you 60 Crystals for connecting. But today it told me it would give my 600... SIX HUNDRED. So I finally connected facebook. I tried out buying a single pack today too and got Biggs Darklighter. Which honestly kinda seems like a support version of Genosian Soldier, which might mean I'll level him up for my light side team.

Anyway, can I get some advice on team leaders? Right now I have the choice between either Phasma or Dark Sidious. And Phasma has been my leader for the longest time. But I've been kinda racking my brain thinking about the best possible benefit. Having a bonus attack is an amazing thing, but can really vary and may win or lose a match based on RNG. The worst case scenario is I get no bonus attack. Most of the time a weak damage character like my Jedi Guardian will get the bonus attack. best case scenario obviously is FOTP getting the bonus attack, and him getting a bonus attack off that. But I'm wondering if Dark Sidious and his consistent leader ability might player out better.

Because I've noticed a lot more crits happening from my Geonosian Soldier and FOTP than I do bonus attacks. I wonder if the leader bonus from Sidious might prove more effective in Arena and GW. What do you guys think?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I run Phasma and I can beat anything in my arena bracket except for one guy. He uses PoE, and poggle and three hard hitters. Nothing I have stands a chance. Everything wise is beatable including Sidious and phasma leaders. Although, Phasma is the higher risk attacking. Nothing spells doom faster than crazy chain attacks.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
It depends on the rest of your team and what kind of basic attacks they have. Eg, running Daka can mean I have 4 members of their team get stunned from her basic attack as well as a bonus attack proc, Sidious getting another chance for landing healing immunity or even better getting the next person with it if we've just killed the one he's already landed it on, or calling in Resistance Trooper can land extra Exposes and just melt the other team. Some other examples are Jedi Consular using his basic attack can proc lowering the cooldown on his other skills, which could be pretty rad but I don't run him, or Dooku getting multiple attacks.

The fact that Phasma is the one most likely to get an assist happen off her attack due to being first order means its more likely someone with a good ability gets a bonus attack, and then you want a team with good basic attacks that can also cause statuses or do a heap of damage.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Malgrin posted:

e3: I just keep adding to this post....I did some more testing with Poe/GW/Arena, and I think I've discovered something that probably applies to both Tenacity and Potency. This shouldn't come as a surprise, but at 100%, you don't necessarily have immunity to debuffs. So far, against equal level teams (or lower level teams), I still haven't seen Poe get hit with a debuff. Ever. I mean, I've gone through one and a half GWs and a full day of Arena with him now. However, in GW, when I start getting higher level opponents, he does take debuffs, even though he's around 130%. So, my theory is that both Potency and Tenacity scale based on the level of your opponents. I don't really have any way to test this beyond just seeing if Poe ever gets a debuff against lower or equal level opponents (I'm guessing he's even immune at +1, but I'm not sure). If anyone else has a way to test either of these skills, chime in. Also, this is amazing against Sid, because he no longer makes me nervous. I actually generally don't even heal while Poe is alive, because I'm generally getting two waves of attacks in before he goes down, which gets me 1-2 kills. I'm now either going for a full offensive character (if there's an FOTP or RP/RT), or Lumi because she heals for a lot. Also, Poe's taunt + Sid's aoe can take an entire team to half, so if I wreck the healer, the game is over fast.

I read somewhere that it checks (Attacker's Potency) vs (Defender's Tenacity) to determine the chance to resist a debuff. So if Daka has higher Potency than her target's Tenacity, she'll always have a 40% chance to stun them with her basic attack. But if her target's Tenacity is higher than her Potency, then the resist chance is whatever value remaining after subtracting the Potency.

Eddain fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 20, 2016

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Those that were talking about buying packs, what packs do you buy with your crystals? Do you wait to have enough for multiple packs or just buy a single pack once you have enough. If I do, I plan to wait until I can have enough left over for some stamina refills. I still think that 50 crystal stamina refill once or twice per day is super important. But it would feel nice to get a good character boost.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine

Ularg posted:

Those that were talking about buying packs, what packs do you buy with your crystals? Do you wait to have enough for multiple packs or just buy a single pack once you have enough. If I do, I plan to wait until I can have enough left over for some stamina refills. I still think that 50 crystal stamina refill once or twice per day is super important. But it would feel nice to get a good character boost.

Don't quote me on this but all thr screenshots I've seen of the 8 pack of chromiums open is a bunch of shards and two full characters. When I opened a four pack, I got three stacks of shards and kylo ren. So I'm thinking of you buy a four pack you're guaranteed a hero and if you buy an eight pack you are guaranteed two. Singles is a crapshoot.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Present posted:

Don't quote me on this but all thr screenshots I've seen of the 8 pack of chromiums open is a bunch of shards and two full characters. When I opened a four pack, I got three stacks of shards and kylo ren. So I'm thinking of you buy a four pack you're guaranteed a hero and if you buy an eight pack you are guaranteed two. Singles is a crapshoot.
You're definitely not guaranteed a hero from four packs :(

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Ularg posted:

Are you planning on spending $500? No? Don't buy packs.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Zotix posted:

Are you planning on spending $500? No? Don't buy packs.

To expand on this, if you're only going to be using freely earned crystals as packs, then here's the possible outcomes:

1. You get nothing but garbage.
2. You get a really good character that can't be farmed up (Leia, Qui Gon, Old Ben) that you won't really be able to use past the early midgame due to them not being able to be starred up.
3. You get a character or shards for a character that is really good and can be farmed and save yourself anywhere from a half a day to four days to maybe a week of grinding if you get Daka or Poe.

I mean, if you really want to gamble then go ahead but "optimization" doesn't really matter if you're not going to be doing much in the first place.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

kaschei posted:

You're definitely not guaranteed a hero from four packs :(

I've gotten just one from an eight pack so nope, no guarantees at all. Don't buy chrome packs.

There's also no mid "peak" or whatever to GW, just a ramp up in the formula and RNG pulls of enemies.The last 4-5 matches are about the same

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"

Pimpmust posted:

I've gotten just one from an eight pack so nope, no guarantees at all. Don't buy chrome packs.

There's also no mid "peak" or whatever to GW, just a ramp up in the formula and RNG pulls of enemies.The last 4-5 matches are about the same

Another newbie chiming in to say that chromium packs suck and as soon as I stopped buying them and instead used those crystals for more energy I started being able to reliably farm up shards for characters. I get the booster pack appeal, believe me, but you got to break your ape brain from that poo poo.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Well okay, back to using them on energy. I honestly prefer it anyway as I love playing this game. Today's challenge rewards ability mats. Such a good challenge today. That feeling you get when you just got to upgrade the attacks of FOTP, Geonosian Soldier, Phasma and Sidious and then go into GW or Arena and absolutely wreck.

Oh, be careful, I've noticed some dirty tactics in Arena. I've heard it talked here that it's a good idea to go after the Arena teams led by Chewbacca because he's a poo poo leader and it kind of makes you think the rest of his team sucks. But you can't see the full enemy team before fighting them, and they're playing that. I've seen a Chewbacca team and selected him, only to face a team of Dooku, Sidious, Luminara, FOTP with that Chewbacca. Dirty, dirty. Also be careful of any team that's lower power than most once you get really high. I'm rank #1003 and I basically pick fights on the higher power teams because it's less likely to be one of those power teams with insta-kill shots.

I've also noticed that if a team has a unusual team leader, some character that you just don't see players use often, be careful. I've seen the non-chewbacca/sidious/phasma leaders and it basically means the person has either farmed literally every power character or they paid money to get them. They have the most deadly teams.

I'm player level 56 now. So close to cap, just 14 more levels. It feels really good when the reset hits and you start completing the daily challenges and turn them all in at once.

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
How many crystals do you (roughly) get if you do all the daily goals and finish up GW?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Sjonkel posted:

How many crystals do you (roughly) get if you do all the daily goals and finish up GW?

At least 60, which means you can refill your energy once a day and still be making gains. You get crystals from completing some daily goals, for completing all daily goals and also for your rank in Arena through the mail.

Edit: HOLY HELL I'm rank #840 in arena how am I doing this?!

Ularg fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jan 20, 2016

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Ularg posted:

I save up and buy the 8 packs every time. I know energy might be more efficient but it's less fun for me. I'd rather have a deep bench and it's easy enough to 7*/purple several heavy hitters as it is. Last packs i opened got me Leia and Qui Gon and allowed me to 3* Kit Fisto who can take hits from a 7* purple anybody. He has more health at 3* than Lumi does at 6* with Purple gear. I'll always lose to the really powerful teams but the bonus is playing the way I do means I rarely run into them. I'm never on the bleeding edge of anything.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

I have to say, my farmable team of Poe/Sid/Lumi/Kylo/Poggle is doing some serious damage in Arena. I love smacking around the teams of QGJ/FOTP/Leia teams. It will be a sad day when they nerf Poe because of all the complaints.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
What makes Poe so awesome? I don't have him but I've never run into a Poe that gave me any grief. Is it his Taunt that can expose?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Levantine posted:

What makes Poe so awesome? I don't have him but I've never run into a Poe that gave me any grief. Is it his Taunt that can expose?

He's very fast, which means that he can taunt before most of your team can act, which allows him to protect the glass hammers. His taunt also removes some of your turn meter.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Levantine posted:

He often goes first, taunts, reduces turn meter of opponents, then, if backed by 3 DPS and poggle, they just rage down your team before you can even move because of Poggles buffs. I don't think I've lost to a non-Poe team in quite a while.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Mass Expose + Offense Up + "Everyone goes first" = wrecked enemy team. Any survivors will target Poe while letting the DPS mop up.

He's also very hard to debuff, right? Even more so with Luke as leader.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Pimpmust posted:

Mass Expose + Offense Up + "Everyone goes first" = wrecked enemy team. Any survivors will target Poe while letting the DPS mop up.

He's also very hard to debuff, right? Even more so with Luke as leader.

Yeah, hard to debuff, and if he resists the debuff, he is actually healed a bit.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I think my new team is going to be Poe, Poggle, QGJ, Aayla Secura, and either Kit Fisto or Geo Soldier. I don't want to invest too much into Poe, because his speed is going to get nerfed.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

I really wish they would stop making drastic changes to characters at this point. They are making the classic noob developer mistake - "balancing" characters at low levels. What's "OP" at level 50, 60 or 70 isn't going to perform the same as it will at level 80, so the balance they do at 60/70 probably won't make as much sense. That's especially true when most of the characters aren't really in heavy use yet. Who knows what the meta will be at level 80 when everyone has 10+ 7-star characters to form teams from.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The problem is the power creep. Poe brings too much to the table with one ability. Same with all of the new movie characters, but it's really him and Rey with the crazy power creep. poo poo needs to be toned down. Nothing wrong with having a small power creep, but when you always go first, expose half the team, and manipulate their turn meters there ends up being a problem. It's compounded further with Poggle. Expose and offense up makes it so any character can be 1 shot by even mediocre characters. I think if you could focus down Poggle before the expose comes in, it wouldn't be so bad.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 20, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sjonkel posted:

If you're placing in the top 50, beating GW, and doing all of your daily challenges, you'll break 200/day. This will get you your 2 50 crystal refreshes and your 1 100 crystal cantina refresh.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Then introduce a character that removes buffs. Or a fast character with ability block. So far, all CG has shown is the ability to nerf characters into uselessness (at least in arena). I'd rather they introduce counters to shake up the meta rather than nerf characters into riding on the bench. I guess we'll see what they do with the next patch. I just hope they don't start a trend of just responding to whatever complaints are on the official forums (97% of complainers don't even have a high level Poe, which is why they complain).

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I think people are exaggerating the poe stuff a bit. His exposes aren't guaranteed and make up for the fact that he has garbage dps.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

afkmacro posted:

I think people are exaggerating the poe stuff a bit. His exposes aren't guaranteed and make up for the fact that he has garbage dps.

Yeah, it's possible a super maxed out Poe is deadly but I have never sweated a Poe team with my Lumi/Sid/Dooku/Daka/whoever team. I'm not exactly top 10 (i float around 300 usually) but Poe seems pretty flimsy.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Poe's only purpose is the first round taunt. Nothing else. It's to buy time for your hard hitters. When you have a team that's high level Leia's, QGJ, FOTP, Geo Soldier, Poggle, etc. All he does is buy time to set up the one hit kills. I assure you, someone that knows what they are doing is going to crush any team you bring against it unless it's an equal team. The other problem with Poe is his tenacity is so loving high. Landing any debuff on him is straight luck.

commish posted:

Then introduce a character that removes buffs. Or a fast character with ability block. So far, all CG has shown is the ability to nerf characters into uselessness (at least in arena). I'd rather they introduce counters to shake up the meta rather than nerf characters into riding on the bench. I guess we'll see what they do with the next patch. I just hope they don't start a trend of just responding to whatever complaints are on the official forums (97% of complainers don't even have a high level Poe, which is why they complain).

There is, it's Qui Gon Jinn. But he's premium only, and he can easily be killed before using his taunt removal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Zotix posted:

Poe's only purpose is the first round taunt. Nothing else. It's to buy time for your hard hitters. When you have a team that's high level Leia's, QGJ, FOTP, Geo Soldier, Poggle, etc. All he does is buy time to set up the one hit kills. I assure you, someone that knows what they are doing is going to crush any team you bring against it unless it's an equal team. The other problem with Poe is his tenacity is so loving high. Landing any debuff on him is straight luck.

There is, it's Qui Gon Jinn. But he's premium only, and he can easily be killed before using his taunt removal.

Mace Windu does it on every basic attack, I'm pretty sure.

Also, doesn't Old Ben do a mass-buff cleanse?

• Locked thread