Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol. ds4 is poo poo for idiots same as every other dual shock. tiny controller for tiny hands with the worst dpad and sticks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe
whats the best ad blocker for iOS now?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

the ds4 is better than the xbone one.

3.5mm port (Xbox one has this now but didn't at launch) for chat and game audio

touch pad

share button

light bar for position tracking.

the only one of these that's actually useful is the 3.5 mm port.

i got an xbone elite controller yesterday. it's v nice and i wish every controller had that texture.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lol you paid one hundred fifty united states dollars for a controller

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Janitor Prime posted:

i use mozilla focus because it's open sores

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1055677337

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Janitor Prime posted:

I use purify

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I use both but only because I bought purify before Mozilla did a thing

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

carry on then posted:

lol you paid one hundred fifty united states dollars for a controller

yeah. deffo not worth that, but still worth more than whatever it was i paid for my steam controller.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

i use a logitech F710 i found in the bargain bin at best buy for $9

what a loving steal, has its own usb RF dongle, supported ootb in openemu and i think retroarch and uses aa rechargeables instead of lovely proprietary chowing gum pack size custom lithium garbage

:69snypa:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shaggar posted:

lol. ds4 is poo poo for idiots same as every other dual shock. tiny controller for tiny hands with the worst dpad and sticks.

It's not surprising that the incredibly fail macfags itt would also advocate for the pussiest controller.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
the one that attracts more pussy :agreed:

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

i invite girls over to my pad and throw on GOTY 2015. its mad max. i talk about the feminist themes in the movie and how its so brave to have an action movie with a strong female lead. then i pass her my joystick and she has some fun.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

:siren:9.2.1:siren:

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
why aren't you running 9.3 beta? get in on the night mode train

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

The proper version of any apple product is the one that makes nerds the angriest. currently this is 9.3 for iOS devices.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

power botton posted:

The proper version of any apple product is the one that makes nerds the angriest. currently this is 9.3 for iOS devices.

There is one onsite IT staff that always runs the latest beta but never has any idea what is on it, but complains at having to restart the phone several times as it locks up or crashes :lol:

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

iOS 9.3 appropriated f.lux's culture

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
9.2.1 installed and suiting my needs. thanks again timb

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

program666 posted:

the one that attracts more pussy :agreed:

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

reimplemting other peoples work and taking credit for the idea is problematic...

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
the effects of blue light on sleep have been known for decades accrding to f.lux's own page https://justgetflux.com/research.html

the actual implementation of changing colour temperature on a schedule is too simple to worth anything, it's something i'd expect an amature programmer to make in less than a day

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i guess the hard part is doing it without making it look like your display is sitting in a tank of piss

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Perplx posted:

the effects of blue light on sleep have been known for decades accrding to f.lux's own page https://justgetflux.com/research.html

the actual implementation of changing colour temperature on a schedule is too simple to worth anything, it's something i'd expect an amature programmer to make in less than a day

like jonny Ive says the best design is obvious

apple stole a blatantly obvious innovation that they couldn't come up on their own

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

ios has had "reduce white point" in accessibility since ios 7, they're just expanding upon it after some research & testing. :grin:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

power botton posted:

apple stole a blatantly obvious innovation that they couldn't come up on their own

naw he says it feels obvious after the fact [but getting there is lots of hard work and dozens of interviews in his blindingly white chamber of seclusion]

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

qirex posted:

naw he says it feels obvious after the fact [but getting there is lots of hard work and dozens of interviews in his blindingly white chamber of seclusion]

otoh funny computer

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

qirex posted:

naw he says it feels obvious after the fact [but getting there is lots of hard work and dozens of interviews in his blindingly white gently illuminated chamber of seclusion]

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

so how much better is the iOS implementation compared to what f.lux bodged together?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

power botton posted:

then how does he constantly design the worst poo poo imaginable?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the jonyroom now features adjustable colour temperature as part of the 9.3 update. when jony sleeps the room cools down to a nice orangey tint, but it's still very bright of course

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

then how does he constantly design the worst poo poo imaginable?

it can't be that bad since you use it :razz:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
what?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

pseudorandom name posted:

so how much better is the iOS implementation compared to what f.lux bodged together?

it's better in that it exists

it's not gradual like flux and it's ON or OFF to the temp you pick on the slider. or at least that's what I've gleaned from screenshots

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

you don't have to install an extra app to add a tiny feature to your phone that requires zero intervention once turned on

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

LmaoTheKid posted:

it's better in that it exists

it's not gradual like flux and it's ON or OFF to the temp you pick on the slider. or at least that's what I've gleaned from screenshots

Combined with the automatic brightness control it is just as good as flux. People just really want to janitor their phones.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

flux actually instructs users to turn off automatic brightness in OS X because it causes flux to flicker like crazy. night mode doesn't have that problem. so it is actually significantly better than flux

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
semi related

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
f.lux mad apple won't buy them out

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Perplx posted:

i use mozilla focus because it's open sores

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1055677337

woah gently caress yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Perplx posted:

being complex is not a requirement for being granted a patent

and the fact that the effect of blue light has been known for decades yet only f.lux got around to doing anything about it seems to prove that the solution wasn't that obvious after all

just cause its obvious now doesn't mean it was obvious then (Ive, cited in qirex 2016)

• Locked thread