Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
does no one have the hotdog and boner pic saved? That's a crime if its gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Germstore posted:

Doobie is blazing new trails in the dining industry. Usually you expect the a la carte items to be more expensive than the meals, but not at Doobies.

This makes me wonder if he calculated the costs of the meals by setting the prices of individual items first and then just adding them together

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Heath posted:

This makes me wonder if he calculated the costs of the meals by setting the prices of individual items first and then just adding them together

I think doobie when he picked up donuts from like the 7-11 or gas station marked them up by a dollar each.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Surely there is some law that says a landlord just can't go "hey doobers, you are out at the end of the week!" you'd think he'd get a bit more advanced notice than that

Can't even fathom it.... a bulldozer just toppling the hotdog bunker in one go as an asphalt truck follows it and paves over it in instantly- doobie's dog house gone forever. In some ways it's a perfectly fitting and poetic; Doobie's Dog House was ended by evil neighboring funeral homes demanding a massive parking lot like some sort of megahighway eminent domain project except much stupider. Odysseus the Wise will no longer have to inspect the bunker. Black Lady Hacker probably sent a phoney email saying the boss demanded a big parking lot, looks like she won after all.

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jan 20, 2016

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Justin Tyme posted:

Surely there is some law that says a landlord just can't go "hey doobers, you are out at the end of the week!" you'd think he'd get a bit more advanced notice than that

can't even fathom it.... a bulldozer just toppling the hotdog bunker in one go as an asphalt truck follows it and paves over it in instantly- doobie's dog house gone forever

He hasn't got notice at all yet. He's choosing to close because he's found out that the landlord wants to sell the building and someone is interested in buying it. The sale could fall through or take months to complete. Doobie's choosing to close right away - he's not being forced to.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Lolie posted:

He hasn't got notice at all yet. He's choosing to close because he's found out that the landlord wants to sell the building and someone is interested in buying it. The sale could fall through or take months to complete. Doobie's choosing to close right away - he's not being forced to.

alternate explanation: the doobz lease is 100% under the loving table

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Blue Raider posted:

This would be really funny and also believable.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

gbaby posted:

loved the doobie saga god bless you doobie

LOVE WINS!

*CALLS EMPLOYERS OF THEM GAYS*

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Blue Raider posted:

It's definitely not a standard commercial lease. In the early threads Doobie was pissed off about what the landlord was and wasn't providing and also about possible rent increases. In commercial leases all of that poo poo is spelled out. Could absolutely be under the table as I seem to recall the rent was a laughably low amount, but it's just as likely the landlord rented it out for whatever he could get while hoping a buyer would come along and wrote off losses against his tax. Small towns usually have an oversupply of vacant shopfronts and they can stay empty for years.

Doob's own fault that he didn't get renewal options but I think he wanted to bail anyway so is glad to not be saddled with a lease for the place.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Maybe Doobie will get a job as a package deliveryman.

After all, dsl runs in his family

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Maybe he can get a management job at a fast food place with his experience.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Someone has to make the trip to reform and have the last supper of doob

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
It was the best of doobie, it was the worst of doobie, it was the age of 48 wing specials, it was the age of breakfast ventures, it was the epoch of the vent hood, it was the epoch of the car garage, it was the season of the bad froggers, it was the season of the gay black hacker, it was the kickstarter of hope, it was the megathread of despair, we had Fries. piled high before us, we had Tasha's Big Stacks of nothing before us, we were all going direct to Reform, Alabama, we were all going direct the other way - in short, the end of the doobie dog house saga came so far from the christmas present saga, that some of its noisiest moderators insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

- Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Gives a poo poo

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

Oh man this is perfect

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

A Neurotic Jew posted:

also why was spanish manlove demodded?
Psychotic fuckers went after him in real life and he had to step down for his own safety, if I recall

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

CrashCat posted:

Psychotic fuckers went after him in real life and he had to step down for his own safety, if I recall

Lol what

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Yep, there's a reason nobody wants to mod GBS anymore, desperate nerds will come after you IRL and basically SA offers no protection whatsoever

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

CrashCat posted:

Yep, there's a reason nobody wants to mod GBS anymore, desperate nerds will come after you IRL and basically SA offers no protection whatsoever

Thankfully SWBM doesn't need protection, he can fight off any crazies with his fists.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Thankfully SWBM doesn't need protection, he can fight off any crazies with his fists.

SWBM employs the ultimate protection scheme: not being an insufferable twat.

You can't silence this dogs bark.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Chomp8645 posted:

You can't silence this dogs bark.
Today's good mod is tomorrow's nerd vendetta target :shrug:

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

money well spent

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Door had a funeral parlor next door and always complained about a lack of food? Missed a good business opportunity imo

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
You'll be dyin' for doobies

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Yes truly the powers that come with being the moderator of GBS are corrupting. Heavy is the head that wears the crown, after all. Because the alternative is that SomethingAwful had..... TWO mentally unstable moderators? You know not counting the pedophile one.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

iSheep posted:

You'll be dyin' for doobies

yeah :( gbs without doobie is going to be sooooo sad.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Doobie gettin out of the dogs and into the dead.

Doobie's Dead House.

FUNERALS!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
goldmine

requiescat in doobie

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

god bless

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

e: wrong loving thread. doh.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 20, 2016

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

This is art.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

fuctifino posted:

"butthurt special snowflake" has 134 hits on google. Nobody uses that term. Many of the results had a comma between butthurt and special snowflake, so weren't even true hits. I hoped Sandi would have used that term before, so I went and had a look at some of the hits, and one looked promising as a comment left on this forum post..

This forum poster Firespawn is quite racist, as a comment further down the page suggests

I was about to dismiss it, but the same person defends Star Citizen A LOT on the same site. Of the 134 recorded instances in the world of people using the term "butthurt special snowflake", is it just a coincidence that this person is also an avid defender of Star Citizen?

I concur.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

fuctifino posted:

"butthurt special snowflake" has 134 hits on google. Nobody uses that term. Many of the results had a comma between butthurt and special snowflake, so weren't even true hits. I hoped Sandi would have used that term before, so I went and had a look at some of the hits, and one looked promising as a comment left on this forum post..

This forum poster Firespawn is quite racist, as a comment further down the page suggests

I was about to dismiss it, but the same person defends Star Citizen A LOT on the same site. Of the 134 recorded instances in the world of people using the term "butthurt special snowflake", is it just a coincidence that this person is also an avid defender of Star Citizen?

cool, thanks for closing the case detective

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Simply stunning.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
A callback to a simpler time when Doobies Dog House and Star Citizen were one. And both of them were just promises.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

e: doh

RIP DOOB.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jan 20, 2016

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord
Does anyone have the New Yorker Doobie "now we have to use these" execution edit?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Owned

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Chomp8645 posted:

i loved him as ik and i love him even more as mod

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
There he goes, one of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant redneck of some kind who never even considered mass production. Too stupid to prosper, too rare to go bankrupt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Howard Beale posted:

There he goes, one of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant redneck of some kind who never even considered mass production. Too stupid to prosper, too rare to go bankrupt.

You want your slaw dogs one way. But it's the other way.

• Locked thread