Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

please let me show you screenshots of all The Ladies swooning over me

quadrophrenic posted:

So when are you gonna come hang out with the Taipei goons pandemonium

We were thinking of going bowling some time soon, want us to let you know when?

I might be moving to somewhere in New Taipei City later this year :ssh:.

Magna Kaser posted:

This is a funny word and I'm surprised that it seems to be pretty much unused in the mainland.

What do Mainlanders call the girls who chase white dingdongs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I know Moon Slayer irl and he wasn't being sarcastic at all, he's just trying to cover up his tracks now to spare himself the goon embarrassment.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Pandemonium posted:

What do Mainlanders call the girls who chase white dingdongs?

It probably varies by region (baidu-ing 西餐妹 had a taiwanese forum as its 2nd result I'm guessing it's not that), but in Beijing this has happened: http://www.thebeijinger.com/blog/2015/08/13/woman-stabbed-outside-uniqlo-sanlitun

e: And beyond this unfortunate incident, there seems to have been a real big uptick on attacks like these and on foreigners in China this year, leading to warnings about not going out on more western-focused holidays like Christmas

But yeah I don't know the word.

Ailumao fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jan 19, 2016

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

POCKET CHOMP posted:

I think it's cool and good to not learn any language beyond English when it comes to living in Taiwan. I wonder if anyone disagrees with me.

lol

Barto
Dec 27, 2004
I'm going to collect all of pandemonium's bon mots and share them with the fine people of Taiwan.

I can't wait to see what they all say...

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

That's no idle threat, by the way.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Magna Kaser posted:

This is a funny word and I'm surprised that it seems to be pretty much unused in the mainland.

Man I eat 餐蛋麵 all the time. Is 麥記 considered 西餐? They serve like rice burgers and other exclusive sutff

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

POCKET CHOMP posted:

I know Moon Slayer irl and he wasn't being sarcastic at all, he's just trying to cover up his tracks now to spare himself the goon embarrassment.

I met a few times too and yeah. He's horrible. TERRIBLE. THE WORST

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Pandemonium posted:

Or, you know, a follow-up post telling me to not read too far into your posts.

Or maybe just stop doing that altogether on your own like a well-adjusted person on a paid membership comedy forum.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
It's not that Pandemonium is wrong 100% of the time. As I said above, I actually agree with him on not dating coworkers. But seriously, there's no reason to be as aggressive as he is. I can't figure out what he's trying to prove.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

caberham posted:

I met a few times too and yeah. He's horrible. TERRIBLE. THE WORST

This is true. Anybody who's met me knows I'm basically every negative foreigner stereotype condensed into one chiseled, white body.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Atlas Hugged posted:

It's not that Pandemonium is wrong 100% of the time. As I said above, I actually agree with him on not dating coworkers. But seriously, there's no reason to be as aggressive as he is. I can't figure out what he's trying to prove.

Can't a guy enjoy ruffling some feathers?

And I don't think a "I'm thinking of asking her out" post qualifies as a joke post. I guess I also have standards. Oh, and of course the fact that goons are goons.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Barto posted:

I'm going to collect all of pandemonium's bon mots and share them with the fine people of Taiwan.

I can't wait to see what they all say...

Yes, please share with all of your local friends that I disapprove of a foreigner dating their co-teacher/co-worker at their school. I'm sure they will all voraciously come to the Moon Slayers-of-the-islands' aid.

Pandemonium fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 20, 2016

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
If I didn't know that pandabear was a gamergater I would definitely still know it. I wonder how many skulls he has in his house.

Edit: Let me aggressively read you my treatise on how to date human females.

Spanish Matlock fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jan 20, 2016

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Pandemonium posted:

Can't a guy enjoy ruffling some feathers?

And I don't think a "I'm thinking of asking her out" post qualifies as a joke post. I guess I also have standards. Oh, and of course the fact that goons are goons.

Only one person in this thread did not read his post as obviously facetious. Please keep ~ruffling feathers~ though, cause it is P. Great.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Spanish Matlock posted:

If I didn't know that pandabear was a gamergater I would definitely still know it. I wonder how many skulls he has in his house.

Edit: Let me aggressively read you my treatise on how to date human females.

Where did you pull this nonsense out of? And what the hell kind of conclusions are you jumping to? This is so far afield from the topic of this thread that I hope you get probated. Skeezy foreigners who date their co-workers is definitely a thing that happens here. The farkakte you just posted here is wrong and has no connection to Taiwan. Reading hellthread does not make someone a gamergater.

this is a stickup posted:

Only one person in this thread did not read his post as obviously facetious. Please keep ~ruffling feathers~ though, cause it is P. Great.

Yep, I noticed how others had a good laugh about that funny, clever facetious joke post Moon Slayer made. Let me show you all the evidence :mmmsmug:

Barto
Dec 27, 2004

Pandemonium posted:

Yes, please share with all of your local friends that I disapprove of a foreigner dating their co-teacher/co-worker at their school. I'm sure they will all voraciously come to the Moon Slayers-of-the-islands' aid.

Ok, I officially have your permission now
hehe

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Man I never realized just how much noise a half-full bottle can actually make.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
I'm on team pandemonium

After all, this is Something Awful, not Something Pleasant :smuggo:

Barto
Dec 27, 2004

Pandemonium posted:

By the way, how would you like to be introduced?
What I'm saying is,
how does Pandemonium see himself (herself?) really?

Barto
Dec 27, 2004

TetsuoTW posted:

I'm waiting for his entry into the political arena

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

As long as we're talking about this subject, I don't know if I've ever mentioned in the thread but at the very first buxiban I worked at the (Taiwanese) branch manager and head foreign teacher were a married couple, and they had met and started dating when he was a new NST and she was a CT at that very same branch. They had their first child when I was working there, and are currently expecting their second. :3:

That same branch manager actually encouraged me to ask one of the admin staff out when we were both working there. I did, she said no, and we both moved on and were fine working together because we're both adults.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I love Taiwan, but it does suck that this is one of the few places on earth where people, sometimes skeezy, date their coworkers with disastrous results. I thank and salute Pandemonium for keep this thread on topic.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

TetsuoTW posted:

For how stupid and ridiculous it is for that other poster to try to bring gamergate into this thread, I think I'll give you the award for most irrelevant poo poo-posting in this thread. Your contributions are never anything more than snide, uninteresting one-liners. If there is a better example of a sanctimoniuous poster, I'd be more than a wee bit surprised.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moon Slayer posted:

As long as we're talking about this subject, I don't know if I've ever mentioned in the thread but at the very first buxiban I worked at the (Taiwanese) branch manager and head foreign teacher were a married couple, and they had met and started dating when he was a new NST and she was a CT at that very same branch. They had their first child when I was working there, and are currently expecting their second. :3:

That same branch manager actually encouraged me to ask one of the admin staff out when we were both working there. I did, she said no, and we both moved on and were fine working together because we're both adults.

uh, what the hell man? I'm sorry, do you not see the shame you have brought upon the Master Race? you are a Skeezy Foreigner for committing the crime of having a sexual orientation

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Pandemonium posted:

Your contributions are never anything more than snide, uninteresting one-liners.

you're right i prefer long overwrought posts which are also snide and uninteresting

team pandemonium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Moon Slayer posted:

So what you are saying is they got married, further validating my point. And how do you know everything was cool? You don't speak Chinese. That chick might have been saying some stuff to the other Taiwanese workers. Just sayin', bro.

P.S. Adults don't poo poo where they eat.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
tell him how the real world works, pan! yeah! gently caress that guy!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
電爆他啦~~~

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Posters still defending dating co-workers even after Moon Slayer says he was totes just making a joke. You guys need to make up your mind. Either it's not cool and he was making a facetious post that everyone except me was clearly in on, or it is absolutely okay to try to smash your co-worker's(') puss(s). I hope you all can reach some sort of consensus.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pandemonium posted:

For how stupid and ridiculous it is for that other poster to try to bring gamergate into this thread, I think I'll give you the award for most irrelevant poo poo-posting in this thread. Your contributions are never anything more than snide, uninteresting one-liners. If there is a better example of a sanctimoniuous poster, I'd be more than a wee bit surprised.
Plant melons get melons, plant beans get beans.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
pandemonium is literally the only person in this entire thread with the loving BALLS to stand up to other people dating their coworkers! without him, the "other people dating their coworkers" scourge would take over us all! i salute your bravery!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
pan迷報到

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I was kind of under the impression that Taiwanese were likely to date and marry coworkers just because they didn't have the hours to see anyone else.

Barto
Dec 27, 2004

Atlas Hugged posted:

I was kind of under the impression that Taiwanese were likely to date and marry coworkers just because they didn't have the hours to see anyone else.

I've worked in a bunch of Taiwanese companies where I was the only foreigner around and this is totally the case. Locals love dating coworkers. In fact in my current company, there's quite a few couples too.
Pandemonium is full of poo poo.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Barto posted:

i, for one, hope you get probated for this baseless personal attack which has NOTHING to do with the topic of the thread

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Barto posted:

I've worked in a bunch of Taiwanese companies where I was the only foreigner around and this is totally the case. Locals love dating coworkers. In fact in my current company, there's quite a few couples too.

It doesn't make it a good idea though.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Lmbo at posters in this thread using Taiwanese offices and the office environment in general here as standards for how they should comport themselves. And suggesting that a cram school and an office are similar. I'm glad you're all riding that wave of "interoffice romance is totally cool and everyone is doing it, bro". Rock on, goons, rock on.

P.S. I'd say more Taiwanese meet in college than offices. Or meet through friends of friends. You folks have fun making GBS threads where you eat!

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Atlas Hugged posted:

Shh, Taiwanese offices are the gold standard for morals, etiquette, etc., etc. I started burping whenever the gently caress I felt like it and chewing with my mouth open after working in an office here because everyone else does it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barto
Dec 27, 2004

Atlas Hugged posted:

True, it's not a good idea, but it's not some foreigner vs. local thing like he was making it out to be.
But I guess he's being quasi-racist now, so who knows where he's coming from.