Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
very, very far away from there, I'm in Coeur d'alene

woo page 1397 sniper with a complete off topic poo poo post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Sorry, that was my fault. It sucks we're on complete opposite sides of the state. Otherwise, I'd say we could get a few beers sometime.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

this isn't apology country don't hold back the shitposts

reddit is a magical realm filled with scary people

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

i dont get why derek hasn't wheel chaired karl yet

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Hey Derek don't you usually use this sort of behaviour as license to take a run at them with your legal team? This person is off the loving rails at this point and you've said before that if you let people act like this without any repercussions then it'll be open season.

Trying to bring your family into this then offering to pay people to slander you is unreal.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

So beautiful and yet so stupid...

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

G0RF posted:

Speaking of the last Citron (and in the interest of a non-effort post for Sarsapariller...)

YOUTUBE: CitizenCon 2015 Interview - Chris Roberts:

If this got posted here, I didn't see it. It's a belated release of INN's interview with Chris right after CitizenCon. Erris ("Bowtie Guy") interviews Chris in an autograph line-- while dozens of backers, eager for their turn with THE MASTER, generally glare impatiently.

INN Presents Chris Roberts with their first annual game award. It looks carved out of leftover gravestone shavings and reads, 'U dun good'.

Was that made in China for 50 cents (excluding VAT ?). Chris looks like someone has done a big 'Morning after' poo poo on the desk.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Karl can't hold his split personalities in check and couldn't organise a blowjob from a hooker without getting himself sectioned let alone getting an article published about Derek being mean to star citizen

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

'Cat head Chris' coding furiously into the early hours with his golden paws.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

oh my

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Chalks posted:

Hey Derek don't you usually use this sort of behaviour as license to take a run at them with your legal team? This person is off the loving rails at this point and you've said before that if you let people act like this without any repercussions then it'll be open season.

Trying to bring your family into this then offering to pay people to slander you is unreal.
Derek already has someone working on identifying NotKarl2013.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Is Croberts bankrupt yet?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

Derek already has someone working on identifying NotKarl2013.

Yeah, but Derek seems like the sort of guy with the means to file a civil suit against this individual and have a service provider compelled to disclose their identity. That's if they've done anything actually actionable that is, and holy poo poo they seem to be trying. No internet detective required.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Is Croberts bankrupt yet?

He's been morally bankrupt forever.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Redd-"Free Speech For Cunts"-It does have a reputation that would lead one to believe they would be more than responsive to a legal fishing trip against a user.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

Redd-"Free Speech For Cunts"-It does have a reputation that would lead one to believe they would be more than responsive to a legal fishing trip against a user.

Fortunately this individual has more than just a reddit account and it's likely that at least one of the service providers won't want to go to court to fight a libel suite on behalf of some random german.

*edit* also isn't reddit controlled by big media now? I'm not sure how much that whole fight for the little guy in court thing even applies any more.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jan 20, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Everyone in that thread is so very angry, it's really very odd.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

G0RF posted:

So beautiful and yet so stupid...

What's happening here? Is that a ship firing rockets at another ship but the rockets turn around and hit the ship that fired them? What are the ships in that gif?

EDIT: Ship, shiiip, sheeep.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

umm..I actually like fuctifinos posts...

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

AP posted:

Everyone in that thread is so very angry, it's really very odd.

loving hell. Is he really trying to get people to contact Derek's family about this?

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's a demonstration of the PVP slider. Crank it to full and never worry about feeling grief again (that is until your wife leaves you because you spent all your money on JPEGs instead of your mortgage)

ether
May 20, 2001

What a well-balanced individual, make sure you archive this nugget redditors.

ether fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jan 20, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

fuctifino posted:

It's too much of a coincidence to not say anything, and needs a few eyes to completely dismiss it.

She wouldn't need a referral code.

Also if you google it, you find out someone's name. People either don't realise these codes are unique or don't care.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

fuzzknot posted:

That's true. I'm buying Bootcha a Javelin for our anniversary, and then we'll dress sexy for each other in it and mix drinks before retiring to the other room to glitch out at 1000 RPM until we crash to the desktop.

So hawt! Why don't you think about those people with jobs and :nws: that poo poo next time?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

fuctifino posted:

I accidentally posted in the doobie thread, of all loving places.

It's too much of a coincidence to not say anything, and needs a few eyes to completely dismiss it.

Googling referral gives answers. Not Sandi.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So basically referral codes are linked to personal data?
That is a really dumb idea.

They will hand wave it away because they "are proud to be backers and open about it" or some poo poo, but on the other hand, Derek Smart now knows all the real names of those whales stupid enough to publicly plaster their codes.
And it is not even doxxing if you look it up.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Hopper posted:

So basically referral codes are linked to personal data?
That is a really dumb idea.

They will hand wave it away because they "are proud to be backers and open about it" or some poo poo, but on the other hand, Derek Smart now knows all the real names of those whales stupid enough to publicly plaster their codes.
And it is not even doxxing if you look it up.

They are not directly linked to personal data and they don't give anything away of your personal data. They are however unique codes for a user.

As an example, if Tijuana Bibliophile posted that he was Tijuana Bibliophile on his facebook page then googling Tijuana Bibliophile would reveal his real identity (or at least the name he gave to facebook).

EightAce
May 10, 2015

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/314155/johnny-depp-in-sq42-rumor

You have got to be loving kiding me ................ They are like lemmings

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

EightAce posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/314155/johnny-depp-in-sq42-rumor

You have got to be loving kiding me ................ They are like lemmings
Chris is all for using deppth charges in space.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

AP posted:

She wouldn't need a referral code.

Also if you google it, you find out someone's name. People either don't realise these codes are unique or don't care.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Googling referral gives answers. Not Sandi.

Ah well, it was worth checking out. Thanks.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

peter gabriel posted:

It's been years so that has been long forgotten, what's remarkable now is no one corrects her - even after all these years.

"I have to go to that funeral on Weds, lol"

At some point it's kinder just not to correct people. I thought Monopoly was pronounced Ponopoly and was mortified to find out I'd been saying it wrong in front of the babysitter all that time.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

ewe2 posted:

I'm curious now, do you have the same issue with LOTR, because 95% of people who I've talked to have the same issue with it. Dune didn't intimidate me for the language but some of the themes were pretty far out there, the ecology one is the big surprise.

And if you're into language intimidation, Eco is small change compared to any James Joyce. And I've read Finnegan's Wake (tl;dr it doesn't make sense).

I tried reading the hobbit but only got through like 10 pages, I was on holiday in wales, there was a gigantic beach down the road it was very hot and sunny I was twelve and I was suddenly becoming interested in girls.....in short, "gently caress the hobbit" said my mind.

What little I remember of the hobbit was a lot of talking about trees and leaves and uhhhhh boooring.... :D

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jan 20, 2016

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

***True Story Time***

My mother in law thinks LOL means 'lots of love' so we get text messages off her like this one from the other week:

"Gran has taken a turn for the worse lol"

Jame corden come out with your hands up!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Some people just aren't into books.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Evil goons doxxing people.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Samizdata posted:

I do love my cat, but there's no Marmite around, soooooo...

Ahh no, go get some marmite, enjoy your cat and sit down for a nice game of star citizen :allears:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

MeLKoR posted:

Creepy rear end goons. Digging into posters family history and encouraging other goons to contact them. Stay classy something awful.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

MeLKoR posted:

I will give 5 Australian dollars to anyone that sits Karl down irl and explains to him why keeping up on his medication and staying off the internet is very important for his personal health and well-being. If you have questions about my trustworthiness just ask Derek Smart he's quoted me a few times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

If anyone doubts my trustworthiness just ask the guy sending people pictures of his dick.

• Locked thread