Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

El Burbo posted:

The scanlator, the one man who has done all the work to bring us helck

Truly a one-man army. I'm so happy he decided to stick it out and catch us up.

This makes me wonder what other hidden gems might be hidden in online mags...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
You know, despite the name I never really considered that new world organisms were literally from a different world, much less that it was the world the dickbag duo kept leeching off of.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Rodyle posted:

Helck's heart is with Azudora.

E: jokes aside I am mostly just sick of Mikaros floating around all smug and invincible when Rafaed and the King are more interesting (assuming the King is an individual) relative to Generic Evil Wizard Man

gently caress D&D Wizards.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I like how the demons are pretty on top of things despite being such silly weirdos. It probably helps that they have had external threats and strong leadership for thousands of years.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Also theyre mostly good people.
Even Hyura is a total goof on the inside.

Any culture that would spawn both Piuy and Doghands deserves life eternal.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i cant believe we are caught up

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
I gotta admit the fight sequences are kinda meh. This manga is all about dialogue and faces.

But even so it's really good mainly because

El Burbo posted:

I'm not sure who will win

edit:

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i cant believe we are caught up

I'm assuming this is a weekly release? Please let it be weekly. This could go for another hundred chapters easy.

ANIME AKBAR fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jan 20, 2016

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

It seems he uploaded chapter 60 before 59. Maybe something went wrong there.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Any culture that would spawn both Piuy and Doghands deserves life eternal.

Isn't Puiy from a remote island far to the south? It's not really part of the empire in any sense.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Clarste posted:

Isn't Puiy from a remote island far to the south? It's not really part of the empire in any sense.

Naw I mean demons in general.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Uh... are they demons? I'm not really sure. There doesn't seem to be a Demon World or anything in this setting, it's just a country full of various races collectively called demons, surrounded by other countries, one of which has humans. It's not clear if the races to the south are the same either. Maybe they're actually elves or something, who knows?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Clarste posted:

Uh... are they demons? I'm not really sure. There doesn't seem to be a Demon World or anything in this setting, it's just a country full of various races collectively called demons, surrounded by other countries, one of which has humans. It's not clear if the races to the south are the same either. Maybe they're actually elves or something, who knows?

We know Hyura is from a specific race the name of which I don't remember, but the only term we have been given for all sentient non-humans is demons.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Vamirio is an elf, yeah.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Links to the new chapters for convenience.

Chapter 59A - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-059-001?id=261949

Chapter 59B - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-059-002?id=261950

Chapter 60A - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-060-001?id=261951

Chapter 60B - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-060-002?id=261952

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I like that those dudes have a friendly rivalry with Edil since they've been fighting constant attacks for a while.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kenros probably figures if he's Helck's friend, Edil can't really be that much of a bad egg. Actually at this point all the demons are probably aware the winged humans are under a mass brainwashing spell, considering they're clearly briefed by Azudora to some degree.

Rip sweet tooth barrier man

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Azudora doesn't know the specifics of what happened to humanity. He especially doesn't know about them going berserk if the king dies, which of course that may not be true.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
I hope Azudora wins not just because I don't like Wizard Man but because it'll mean a big step forward for the story. Also it'll mean characters other than Helck are allowed to take care of high level threats.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It would also be a bit lame to follow a huge and lengthy downer arc with another big downer.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I am so loving hyped for next week's scan.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I like that this chapter shows that the awakened humans still have a little bit of free will. Edil, for example, clearly intervened in the fight between Mikaros and Hyura to save Hyura's life. It's probably some sort of "exact words" thing going on, i.e. the king says "go and fight the demons" without any specific details. This allows the humans to follow the orders to the letter while still being able to do as they wish. I just hope Mikaros doesn't figure it out, or that loophole will be closed real quick.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Sharkopath posted:

It would also be a bit lame to follow a huge and lengthy downer arc with another big downer.

I'm pretty sure Azudora will win but Mikaros will :smug: and disappear or otherwise reveal some sort of ominous thing

Now that English scanlations are caught up I'm just as in the dark as the rest of you :ohdear:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

I'm pretty sure Azudora will win but Mikaros will :smug: and disappear or otherwise reveal some sort of ominous thing

Now that English scanlations are caught up I'm just as in the dark as the rest of you :ohdear:

yea I doubt either will die just yet. I expect azudora to win but mikaros will pull off what he came to do on some level anyway because the humans need to have a victory over the demons at some point to seem like a threat

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i hope mikaros becomes a prisoner

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Mikl posted:

I like that this chapter shows that the awakened humans still have a little bit of free will. Edil, for example, clearly intervened in the fight between Mikaros and Hyura to save Hyura's life. It's probably some sort of "exact words" thing going on, i.e. the king says "go and fight the demons" without any specific details. This allows the humans to follow the orders to the letter while still being able to do as they wish. I just hope Mikaros doesn't figure it out, or that loophole will be closed real quick.

The controlled humans pulling the old jackass literal genie routine on the king would make a lot of sense, especially that the ones with some level of personality left probably aren't exactly happy about being forced into essentially being slaves like that.

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea I doubt either will die just yet. I expect azudora to win but mikaros will pull off what he came to do on some level anyway because the humans need to have a victory over the demons at some point to seem like a threat

They need a victory at some point, but their threat comes from how they will never stop on account of being endlessly resurrected upon death. They're like the borg, even if you win they're going to come back just that little bit more dangerous.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Edil better wake the gently caress up and get with the program.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

maybe the only way to break the kings spell is through the power of love

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

maybe the only way to break the kings spell is through the power of love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkAVfsw5xSQ

:agreed:

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

helck beaten up and tired after beating thousands of new world organisms and faceless winged soldiers looks up and sees an arrow pointed right at his head by the hooded winged soldier. helck with a tear in his eye and a great big smile on his face looks up and says i love you alicia

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

Here's what I'm afraid of though

I'm afraid that the humans will march through demon territories until they hit the north so that the demons are pressed from each side by the humans and whatever it is that's SSS rank up there. And the only way out is if Helck reaches and kills the king in time in the human capital so the humans regain their senses and they stand side-by-side with the demons to defeat the northerners. The humans get victories to seem threatening, Helck gets to travel for a time and basically get put out of the way until he's needed, and everything is generated for Maximum Drama.

That's what I don't want

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Everything has been great up to this point so I'm not worried. I believe in Helck.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Everything has been great up to this point so I'm not worried. I believe in Helck.

I agree, it's been quality to this point. I just have these late-night doubts about the future.

hold me

Dr. Cuddles
Jul 18, 2010
i hope helck punches the humans and makes piuy the new king

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I'm pretty sure Piuy is already the human king in disguise

He's definitely not a bird, you know

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

how do you pronounce piuy

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

Like it's spelled

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

Going by the katakana it's Pee-oo-ee

e: https://twitter.com/piui_bot

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
Like Peewee.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Peewee Birdman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Azudora is the best and I want him to win but I also want to know what Mikaros wants to do with the gate.

• Locked thread