Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Cat Mattress posted:

What about a memory foam bed on top of a gigantic pile of gold?

You need to think outside of the box: memory gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
No joke, nobility in China used to use carved jade blocks as pillows.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Dr Christmas posted:

This conversation gets me thinking. There's no way that Mottom actually ate all of the fruit on that world. She's just one person. She went out of her way to make it extinct because denuding entire planets is what god kings are supposed to do.

K6BD seems to be much more based in mythology than in realism. The idea of Heracles holding up the sky is ridiculous from the perspective of realist storytelling, but in the internal logic of the myth it would be absurd for there to exist an object Heracles can't lift and/or wrestle.

No one talks about the power level of an ebon demon's liver and blood brain barrier with respect to alcohol consumption. In the story, binge drinking is an act of self-loathing and no one is better than Allison at self-loathing so she wins the contest.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The deeds of true Royalty are by rights incomprehensible to their lessers.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
In which Allison tries the obvious solution... And fails.

Also, more history of Mykos. Mother Om's invasion was swift and brutal, it seems.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I don't know how I only just noticed she's wearing an Alice band.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Alright, new party member!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
She's badass

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder, is it for a disguise, or to look like a superhero?

Edit: Also, whoa, looks like she might have difficulty giving the cloak away, anyways. Check her wrists.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I think she intends to swap places with the girl in order to get close to Mottom. I suppose it's as close to a good plan as we can get at this point.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Does she even know why she wants to get closer to Mottom?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

furious dumbass, etc.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Renaissance Robot posted:

Finding Zaid, I believe. I don't think she knows that Mottom already has him and such, though. Though I could be wrong.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

T.G. Xarbala posted:

furious dumbass, etc.

Of course, how could I forget.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

They are the reason why she is still a maiden.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
So Mottom's eating these girls, right?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

dog kisser posted:

That seems very likely, yes.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

dog kisser posted:

I dunno, that seems a little too on-the-nose, unless it's the key to her immortality or something. My guess is that she just carts them around the multiverse until they drop dead of exhaustion and/or starvation because Mottom never lets them rest and eats all the food ever herself.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Thesaurasaurus posted:

I dunno, that seems a little too on-the-nose, unless it's the key to her immortality or something. My guess is that she just carts them around the multiverse until they drop dead of exhaustion and/or starvation because Mottom never lets them rest and eats all the food ever herself.

Or she kills them whenever she's displeased, which seems to be always. She was pretty quick on the finger laser at the council, and if that's how she treats her peers, she's probably not kind to the help.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder, is it for a disguise, or to look like a superhero?

Edit: Also, whoa, looks like she might have difficulty giving the cloak away, anyways. Check her wrists.

Cloaks don't have sleeves.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

:10bux: big rotating knives right behind the first door

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Thesaurasaurus posted:

If you rule 1/7th of all creation your servants alone can probably populate a planet. I figure there are thousands of visitors and hangers-on in the palace at any given time so they probably just have a lifetime of hard work ahead. Replenish every few decades or so.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Textbook is To Serve Man

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

And the legend begins!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

She goes by "dame". I'm guessing that means she's a knight of Mottom.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Doubt it. Looks local, title text suggests she doesn't know what's going to happen to the girls she's delivering.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Doubt it. Looks local, title text suggests she doesn't know what's going to happen to the girls she's delivering.

Do you mean the alt text on the comic? I don't think the woman referred to as "dame" is supposed to be the one who said that.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

But really I can see this turning in to one of those situations where there end up being a ton of crazy legends about Al-Yisun before her quest is even half over

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

But really I can see this turning in to one of those situations where there end up being a ton of crazy legends about Al-Yisun before her quest is even half over

Pretty much. Girl is gonna be a Hero whether she likes it or not.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
A cavalcade of angels.

METATRON LIVES!

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 27, 2016

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
I like that one of those Angels is just a floating hedron with a halo. Who can even be bothered to manifest anymore :effort:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think that one is 38 Dark Spear of Thought Will Plunge Into the Flesh of Heretics.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

10 Vigilant Gaze Purges the Horizon is still my favorite angel design, though 38 Dark Spear of Thought Will Plunge Into the Flesh of Heretics is a pretty close second now.

Apparently White Chain is still pretty tough in soul form. I'm sad we didn't get to see the fight, wonder how it goes with those wing/eye hands.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
I love how the angels are just a bunch of gossiping busybodies, apparently.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Say Nothing posted:

I think that one is 38 Dark Spear of Thought Will Plunge Into the Flesh of Heretics.

Dark Spear is the wheel of wings, the polyhedron is 12 Questioning Fate.

I love that abaddon used a fan made name generator to get these

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ixjuvin posted:

I like that one of those Angels is just a floating hedron with a halo. Who can even be bothered to manifest anymore :effort:

And his name is just '12 Questioning Fate'. He's clearly just generally meh about existence in general.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jan 27, 2016

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Begemot posted:

10 Vigilant Gaze Purges the Horizon is still my favorite angel design, though 38 Dark Spear of Thought Will Plunge Into the Flesh of Heretics is a pretty close second now.

Apparently White Chain is still pretty tough in soul form. I'm sad we didn't get to see the fight, wonder how it goes with those wing/eye hands.

was there a fight or did they just get roughly treated by the thorns after that execution there

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Tollymain posted:

was there a fight or did they just get roughly treated by the thorns after that execution there

Well I can't say for sure but I don't see a situation where White Chain just gets cut up a little by the Thorns right after they killed Delicious for not joining them.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

I love that abaddon used a fan made name generator to get these

It is a good generator, the first result it gave me was "31 Turbulent Gale Questions the Wrathful" which does sound like it would fit in seamlessly. I ran a few more tries and most were pretty nice as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
White Chain! :ohdear: