Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sorry kid, you have nothing to feel happy about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

PCOS Bill posted:

What are you talking about? The little frog eggs in his food are going to hatch soon. :3:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Hah!

That last one, I'm sure it's delicious but I can't figure out what the hell it is and all I can imagine is fruit, juicy creamy goo, and balls with the chewy consistency of tapioca pearls.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Mods, please ban chia seeds from this thread

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

cash crab posted:

Mods, please ban chia seeds from this thread

I think we may have found the top frightening food here.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

PCOS Bill posted:

No kidding. No corn tortillas? Shameful.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

I love having a coral reef skeleton on my face.

I also like cooked goose liver, but god drat is it a bitch to get out sometimes.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

A 3-course meal!

Eggs over hard and dry toast, mmmm!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

fermun posted:

A 3-course meal!

Eggs over hard and dry toast, mmmm!

I see these sincere efforts and am reminded of this:
http://www.rifftrax.com/cooking-terms

Edit: I just realized this doesn't make as much sense if you haven't seen the start of the short. For starters, the aspiring cook decided to cream the butter by adding cream to butter.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

How do you not skin / scale the fish? I can imagine her first bite of the fish containing a mouthful of hard, slidey scales and thinking "hmmm, yes, exactly like I get at the restaurant hash tag nailed it"

#tittieslife #tittiestatus ##TitMaterial #tittiesduties #titlife #tittweets #looksbadtodd

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

It's... it's breaded, isn't it?
It's whole fish, scales and all, breaded.
HOW DO YOU gently caress UP THIS BADLY :psyboom:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Where do you see scales?

titties
May 10, 2012

Paladinus posted:

Where do you see scales?

I see fins and faces, so it wasn't filleted or skinned. It's not much of a stretch to think it might still have scales (if it had them to begin with).

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

titties posted:

I see fins and faces, so it wasn't filleted or skinned. It's not much of a stretch to think it might still have scales (if it had them to begin with).

The heads are weird, but lots of people down here just scale them, and leave the skin and fins on.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Mymla posted:

It's whole fish

Where do you live where it's not a normal think to cook fishes whole sometimes?

Oh no! A whole fish with its head still attached in my plate :barf:

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 14:15 on Jan 20, 2016

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

The midwest.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Sure.
However, it's not ok to bread fish without skinning it.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Mymla posted:

However, it's not ok to bread fish without skinning it.

There are no fish breading rules

Seriously just google "fried fish" and you'll see people worldwide are OK with skin on their fried fishes.

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 14:19 on Jan 20, 2016

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Who needs flour and egg when you can just use the fish's slime to make the bread stick.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Oh no! A whole fish with its head still attached in my plate :barf:

I think it's pretty common in parts of China. I mean, I'm not sure, I just sort of assumed because a lot of my friends growing up were Chinese and I was sometimes served whole fish. I think it's a huge pain in the rear end to eat it that way, personally.

fermun posted:

#wifelife

That being said, I am having a hard time picking out my least favourite of these, and I think I am going to go with whatever the gently caress that macaroni soup is. I wish she'd hashtag what her dishes were supposed to be so I could google them and see what she did wrong.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What kind of man are these women hoping to attract with total ack of culinary skills? Girl, Hamburger Helper would work better.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

cash crab posted:

I think it's pretty common in parts of China.

I think it's pretty common in Asia, South America and Africa, and I even had fish like that a few times in Europe.

Though I have no doubt it would be considered a safety hazard in the US.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
It's pizza time in Pyongyang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l9Yu88snu4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA-XvTl6sdI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTQK01VdB20

https://youtu.be/9BNN4tlBy-g

twoday has a new favorite as of 15:23 on Jan 20, 2016

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

"AGAIN WITH THE CRYING. HU-MON, WHY ARE YOU CRYING? IS THIS NOT A PERFECT 'PIE?' EARTH FOOD IS NOT EASY TO PREPARE, YOU UNGRATEFUL APE-CHILD!"

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

cash crab posted:

That being said, I am having a hard time picking out my least favourite of these, and I think I am going to go with whatever the gently caress that macaroni soup is. I wish she'd hashtag what her dishes were supposed to be so I could google them and see what she did wrong.

This is a good pick. It looks like she just threw everything it a stock boil and left it to boil.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Whole fish is pretty loving common everywhere outside of whatever picky eater nerd ghettos you dweebs are living in.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
I will go out on a limb and say that anyone who is earnestly preparing bright red cocktail weenies sauceless with what looks like hot spinach water and bloated elbow macaroni will not also have hosed up frying whole fish so that at the very least the fried skin is irrelevant.

That said, has anyone been on the receiving end of a #wifematerial meal where you have to seem genuinely into whatever horror is being served?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Eponine posted:

I will go out on a limb and say that anyone who is earnestly preparing bright red cocktail weenies sauceless with what looks like hot spinach water and bloated elbow macaroni will not also have hosed up frying whole fish so that at the very least the fried skin is irrelevant.

That said, has anyone been on the receiving end of a #wifematerial meal where you have to seem genuinely into whatever horror is being served?

This is a good point and your descriptions made me laugh.

Yes. My father likes everything boiled and beige. It gets worse as he gets older, and he's obsessed with feeding me so when I'm over I'll be doing something, and turn around and he'll be standing there with a plate of boiled, unseasoned shrimp or something and he'll look so proud of himself, and will wait until I eat like, half of it. And he's always got that :3: look about him so I feel like I have to at least try.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

"AGAIN WITH THE CRYING. HU-MON, WHY ARE YOU CRYING? IS THIS NOT A PERFECT 'PIE?' EARTH FOOD IS NOT EASY TO PREPARE, YOU UNGRATEFUL APE-CHILD!"

The scary thing to me is that pie crust looks completely uncooked. Like straight out of the loving box frozen. I can accept that the filling is bad photography but what the gently caress is up with the pastry?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Arivia posted:

The scary thing to me is that pie crust looks completely uncooked. Like straight out of the loving box frozen. I can accept that the filling is bad photography but what the gently caress is up with the pastry?

It looks like a normal quiche with bad lighting.

It looks like instagram filters are a terrible idea for food pictures and yet some people still believe instagram = easy picture mode.

Underwater Shoe
May 26, 2005

an informative notation for your appreciation
Fish preparation:
1)Pull out of the sea
2) Dredge in flour
3) Deep fry

From my personal collection. I ate all of those fishes. They were glorious.

Underwater Shoe has a new favorite as of 15:35 on Jan 20, 2016

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Underwater Shoe posted:

Fish preparation:
1)Pull out of the sea
2) Dredge in flour
3) Deep fry

From my personal connection. I ate all of those fishes. They were glorious.

That looks really good actually. What is the sauce?

Dickey Butts
Feb 3, 2008

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.
Sushi master creates abomination. Would not.

https://youtu.be/vhq7j6lM_3A

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Aesop Poprock posted:

That looks really good actually. What is the sauce?

Probably Rouille or romesco?

Fishstick has a new favorite as of 15:51 on Jan 20, 2016

titties
May 10, 2012

DekeThornton posted:

Whole fish is pretty loving common everywhere outside of whatever picky eater nerd ghettos you dweebs are living in.

As mentioned above, the midwest.

If you're lazy you just remove the head, organs, scales/skin. If you are cool then you discard the bones, fins, face, scales/skin, and organs and just have the meat.

There are ONLY 2 EXCEPTIONS:

1. Fish can be smoked whole (but still scaled / skinned jfc)

Underwater Shoe posted:

From my personal collection. I ate all of those fishes. They were glorious.

Smelt can be eaten whole, this is known. You may have catsup on them, this is the only time you can have catsup with your fish.

So what if I'm a fish fascist

Underwater Shoe
May 26, 2005

an informative notation for your appreciation

titties posted:

Fischist

Also it was a fairly standard Marie Rose sauce, I prefer tartare or aioli with my fish genocide usually.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

titties posted:

If you are cool then you discard the bones

Cooking on the bones actually enhances your fish/meat texture and flavor and is widely appreciated in civilized places around the world where people don't freak out when they are reminded meat comes from animals.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

titties posted:

If you're lazy you just remove the head, organs, scales/skin. If you are cool then you discard the bones, fins, face, scales/skin, and organs and just have the meat.

Smelt can be eaten whole, this is known. You may have catsup on them, this is the only time you can have catsup with your fish.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3756260

Eaaaat the booooones

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

titties posted:

The only thing worse than people eating fish heads is people spelling Ketchup "catsup".
Catsup is what you give your cat for supper. Ketchup is tomato sauce for children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Eponine posted:

whiteyfats posted:

What kind of man are these women hoping to attract with total ack of culinary skills? Girl, Hamburger Helper would work better.
Its almost like some people use #wifematerial ironically.

• Locked thread