Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Like I said before.....

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

Just posting this so everyone knows what is and is not fair game when it comes to this piece of poo poo.

Looking forward to someone posting the contact details for this person's entire family so we can all write them polite emails and totally not step over any lines what so ever.

*edit* ^^ this is sarcasm, doing this would obviously step over the line despite Matilda's assertions that it's all totally fine, because Matilda is a massive hypocrite.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 20, 2016

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Chalks posted:

Looking forward to someone posting the contact details for this person's entire family so we can all write them polite emails and totally not step over any lines what so ever.

not looking forward to it, but id be ok with it since they are.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Unfunny Poster posted:

I don't even know who they're talking about, nor do I even think any of us would've been OK with that gently caress posting about how they contacted Chris Roberts' kids.

Nobody has contacted Chris and Sandi's kids. Aren't they like really young in any case?

My guess is this all stemmed from a time when someone linked a pre-kickstarter video that showed Sandi, Chris and the kids... or linked to her IMDB page that also had a pic the same. Then in Karl's insane mind, this has developed into "OMG THEY HARASSED AND STALKED THEIR KIDS".

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

You guys are starting to veer into creepy territory as well I think....

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

I've never heard anything about the insurance value degrading over time. As far as I know, all the comments about ship wear and tear were in regards to some graphical doodads they wanted to implement so that not every ship looked pristine. I could be wrong.

Your probably right. I know I read something about it on reddit..probably from fan speculation. You know how it is, the premise is so asinine you don't know whether it is real or not. With this game I've come to the conclusion to accept everything as real.

As usual, a simple mechanism has far reaching implications because nothing is thought through to its conclusion in this debacle. So hey, my Herald is banged up. I'll just ram it into an asteroid and get a shiny new one.

So how to prevent that? We going to have space deductibles? High risk policies? Will I need uninsured motorist? Space adjusters?

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

The best is the counterargument to the callout.

"Oh yeah, why didn't you do anything about that guy Bandit who posted poo poo? huh? huh??!"

I don't even know who they're talking about, nor do I even think any of us would've been OK with that gently caress posting about how they contacted Chris Roberts' kids.

If someone did that who is against CIG in any way then it must be a goon = everyone at SA is ok with posting Chris Roberts' kids. Their logic is impeccable.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Chalks posted:

That Works posted:

You guys are starting to veer into creepy territory as well I think....

Yeah, agreed. Like I get it. The irony would be fantastic. "Oh so you think it's cool to email D_Smart's family? Well then you won't mind if we email yours blah blah blah" but it's unnecessary. Rich Homie Karl is wrong, and I don't feel the need to prove it by being equally wrong.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Romes128 posted:

not looking forward to it, but id be ok with it since they are.

I'm being sarcastic because obviously doing this would be a stupid thing to do, but Matilda clearly thinks it's totally fine as long as it's being done to someone she disagrees with - the hypocrisy makes my eyes water.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 20, 2016

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
I think you guys need to tune your sarcasm detectors.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

MeLKoR posted:

Just posting this so everyone knows what is and is not fair game when it comes to this piece of poo poo.

Goddamn I can't wait for Derek to get wind of this poo poo :suspense:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

Your probably right. I know I read something about it on reddit..probably from fan speculation. You know how it is, the premise is so asinine you don't know whether it is real or not. With this game I've come to the conclusion to accept everything as real.

As usual, a simple mechanism has far reaching implications because nothing is thought through to its conclusion in this debacle. So hey, my Herald is banged up. I'll just ram it into an asteroid and get a shiny new one.

So how to prevent that? We going to have space deductibles? High risk policies? Will I need uninsured motorist? Space adjusters?

It's a weird offshoot of Poe's Law.

Roberts' Law: Any Star Citizen feature you read about has an equally likely chance of being confirmed as it does wild and baseless speculation.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Sillybones posted:

That's fair, but it's getting harder to tell, Poe's law and all that

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Sillybones posted:

Who was that D&D dude again, that stormed this thread with cries of: "Yes! Let's destroy their lives, like the goony fucks we are! *fingers rear end in a top hat*"? A dash of misplaced moral crusading from one person goes a long way towards convincing Reddit, that we're all turning on Derek after all, meaning more shitposting opportunities for all.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Beet Wagon posted:

Roberts' Law: Any Star Citizen feature you read about has an equally likely chance of being confirmed as it does wild and baseless speculation.

Croberts just says "yes" to any feature suggested to him. Maybe he'll smell an opportunity to sell an insurance agent's ship with a built-in copy of Open Office that lets you adjust interest rates and do CIG's accounting while you fly around.

It's not a lot dumber than the news van

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Remember kids, if you post opinions on the internet then it's not harassment to dig up the private emails of your family members and contact them.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Perfect.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

CrazyLoon posted:

Who was that D&D dude again, that stormed this thread with cries of: "Yes! Let's destroy their lives, like the goony fucks we are! *fingers rear end in a top hat*"? A dash of misplaced moral crusading from one person goes a long way towards convincing Reddit, that we're all turning on Derek after all, meaning more shitposting opportunities for all.

I think at this point literally nothing will convince the SC redditors that goons are anything more than a collective organization who's purpose is to destroy the game.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Gilganixon posted:

Croberts just says "yes" to any feature suggested to him. Maybe he'll smell an opportunity to sell an insurance agent's ship with a built-in copy of Open Office that lets you adjust interest rates and do CIG's accounting while you fly around.

It's not a lot dumber than the news van

I always get a chuckle out of the news van. How many mishaps can occur in a 16 player instance? Oh wait, several, due to clipping and various other bugs in the Verse that needs recorded.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Gilganixon posted:

another question, what's the point of LTI?

Like if I'm pooting around in the PU (ha) and some goon crashes into my $500 jpeg-class spergvessel and writes it off, am i just SOL unless I have insurance?

Yup!

The extra good part is that the LTI only covers the base ship and lovely starter gear, which Chris has described as being generally a "2-3 on a scale of 1-10" in terms of quality/power. So if you have an amazing cannon of nerdpwnage that gets blown up, you won't get that back, you'll get a new ship loaded with popguns.

~The plan~ is that of course you can also buy insurance ingame with ingame credits to also cover your items and or cargo, but, in the evil pvp areas or other highest risk zones it just won't work.

This is probably one of the most consistently ignored things by the typical SC whale backer.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MeLKoR posted:

:yikes:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im pretty sure Matilda2013 is a literal mentally ill person who got suckered by Chris Roberts

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

That Works posted:

I think at this point literally nothing will convince the SC redditors that goons are anything more than a collective organization who's purpose is to destroy the game.

Wait is that not what we're doing here? gently caress this then, I'll go find a different organization who REALLY wants to destroy poo poo...

(Yes, Reddit, that was a joke. I'm not coming for your jpegs, please don't harass my wife and dog.)

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Iglocska posted:

Seriously, I am amazed that anyone in their right mind would think it's cool to involve the kids of someone in an internet argument over a game. gently caress those people that do.

Not if you assume that Sandi is Mathilda and that she is still adamant that Del boy Doxxed her family. ie proved the long denied fact that she was married to the Croberts and had kids etc

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
A new picture, feel free to do whatever you like with it as always.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

EightAce posted:

Not if you assume that Sandi is Mathilda and that she is still adamant that Del boy Doxxed her family. ie proved the long denied fact that she was married to the Croberts and had kids etc

reported for doxxing

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

MeLKoR posted:

Remember kids, if you post opinions on the internet then it's not harassment to dig up the private emails of your family members and contact them.

It is always something notable about Karl is he can't see his own actions in a vacuum. He can't look at what he is actually doing as an individual and see how awful he is acting because it is always justifiable because of this and that. 'I'm not being awful because other people were awful before me!'.

Since you are reading. If you specifically make an internet hate group for the soul purpose of being spiteful and evil towards an individual, it doesn't matter if it is Hitler, you are being a massive loving weird dick.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

That Works posted:

Yep. If this were 79AD, they'd think us talking about the volcano in Pompeii caused it to erupt.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

EightAce posted:

I am thick, who is that Del boy? :p

Also, I don't believe for a second that Matilda is Sandi, come on.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

:f5:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Dear Madam,

I must regretfully inform you your husband disagreed with me about a video game. I normally wouldn't bother you with something like this, but it was on the internet you see, so I think you'll agree was a grievous transgression of my human rights. I'm not expecting any action from you, I just thought you'd like to know the kind of man you're married to.

Yours in Pain, Matilda.

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

fuctifino posted:

:facepalm:

He doesn't tweet much, so he must be really angry with Derek. I did find this tweet of his ironic though

https://twitter.com/HoldsworthPeter/status/212130647588876289

Someone really should point out Pete's bad grammar

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax
Star Citizen: Your a twat

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Samizdata posted:

So hawt! Why don't you think about those people with jobs and :nws: that poo poo next time?

I assumed everyone else did the same thing I do; shitpost at work but take care not to leave the tab open when the boss is around.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hello Mrs Smart,

You don't know me - yet - because I'm from the internet, but I deal with your husband, Derek's, lies and misinformation on a weekly basis regarding an important video-game called Star Citizen. During his campaign against this video game he linked to an IMDB page written by one of its creators, Sandi Gardiner, on which she had written candidly about her husband and children. Now, I can appreciate that you, as a womanly wife, can appreciate how invasive and inappropriate this was on his part to take something that she herself had put on the internet and mention that this information was totally on the internet - not just "on the internet" where you have to google a whole bunch of things to piece together the information - but all directly accessible in the one place you'd look for Sandi Gardiner of Squadron 42 fame. Anyway, I'm starting to ramble a bit, so the purpose of this email was to see if you could put your arms around Derek and give him a squeeze, then write back to me describing how good it felt and what he smells like.

Thanks in advance

ps: tell him to finish whatever that thing Beer has been going on about for two weeks.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Dear Mrs Smart.

I'm writing this letter because Derek has been a very naughty boy on the internet and has made a lot of autistic people cry by laughing at their computer game. This is not on. It really isn't. I mean it. If it doesn't stop, I'm going to have to write an even stronger letter.

Yours sincerely,

Karl

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

A new picture, feel free to do whatever you like with it as always.

Dude this is your best work yet :)

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

That Works posted:

We don't need to do that, Chris Roberts is doing a good enough job of that himself

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Pre-Alpha of Mafia III

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/12/17/mafia-3-12-minutes-of-developer-narrated-gameplay-ign-first#prclt-6C2m3wGy

Now SC is in Alpha what can we do in the game? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

lol at all the shitizens crying about LTI when they don't really know how it'll work or how much it's worth

• Locked thread