Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Captain Quack posted:

Soo... We should thanks Dragonball Evolution for Battle of Gods?

No, we have it to thank for getting Toriyama to step in and fix Battle of Gods. That loving virus thing would've sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

It's a really good episode. Also it makes me happy because I figure there will be one more episode of RoF wrap up and then we get into New Content.

Well the preview shows Champa and Beerus antics on Planet Tree Pyramid

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rudoku posted:

No, we have it to thank for getting Toriyama to step in and fix Battle of Gods. That loving virus thing would've sucked.

I don't know, a virus was goku's ultimate undoing in one timeline that poo poo's pretty tense.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

projecthalaxy posted:

It's a really good episode. Also it makes me happy because I figure there will be one more episode of RoF wrap up and then we get into New Content.

Joke's on you, after next episode it's back to Raditz.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I would be super down for that, vegeta's subordinate, goku's brother. still wanna see nappa radditz fusion.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

In It For The Tank posted:

Holy poo poo, the memories came rushing back. :negative:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Goku punches Recoome because he saw an opening and that is the end of Dragon Ball Z

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Elfgames posted:

I would be super down for that, vegeta's subordinate, goku's brother. still wanna see nappa radditz fusion.

it's just nappa with raditz's hair

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

In It For The Tank posted:

1999, is that you?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

projecthalaxy posted:

Goku punches Recoome because he saw an opening and that is the end of Dragon Ball Z

Seeing that as a kid pre Internet was something. Because you had no idea it restarted until the end of the Raditz arc, at least if you missed the first part. Which I did and boy was I confused.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Took TFS long enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ1X7pPo5dw
We are getting to some of best parts of Hellsing Ultimate :allears:

Dr. Gene Dango MD
May 20, 2010

Fuck them other cats I'm running with my own wolfpack

Keep fronting like youse a thug and get ya dome pushed back
I had no idea the animation got that bad sometimes. I'm waiting for the english dub to get into super, can I just skip past the Battle of Gods and Revival of F arcs?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Gene Dango MD posted:

I had no idea the animation got that bad sometimes. I'm waiting for the english dub to get into super, can I just skip past the Battle of Gods and Revival of F arcs?

I mean you could

If we were out of the Revival of F arc yet.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Universe 6 arc starts next week

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

My personal recommendation is to only skip the BoG arc. The slice of life episodes are great and the Resurrection "F" arc was an improvement over the movie. That said, you can skip it too, the events that happen are roughly the same so you won't get confused. The main difference is that Gohan realizes that he can't keep being terrible and is now training with Piccolo again.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it is nice that gohan has finally realized, for the first time in his life, that maybe keeping in shape in the off season between doomsday scenarios is a good idea

plus gohan and piccolo are cool and them training together might make piccolo useful too

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Don't skip the episode where Mr. Satan recounts his fight with Beerbus.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

My personal recommendation is to only skip the BoG arc. The slice of life episodes are great and the Resurrection "F" arc was an improvement over the movie. That said, you can skip it too, the events that happen are roughly the same so you won't get confused. The main difference is that Gohan realizes that he can't keep being terrible and is now training with Piccolo again.

Really? I feel like the BoG arc was pretty good, especially when they actually start fighting in space. And apart from the last episode the freeza arc was kinda lovely. We go from Goku and Beerus destroying the universe and having dragon auras and crazy poo poo like that to one of the most mundane and boring fights ever in Goku vs freeza.

They even cut down on one of the only good parts of the movie (B team getting a chance to shine)

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
:psyduck: The Vegeta beatdown in the latest episode was mostly really average guys. The punch where Frieza flipped was great but beside that it was really average animation.

The people saying it was better than the movie :wtc:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Veg posted:

:psyduck: The Vegeta beatdown in the latest episode was mostly really average guys. The punch where Frieza flipped was great but beside that it was really average animation.

I assume they mean they liked the choreography of the scene more than the movie version.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It was better than the movie

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Veg posted:

all vegeta did to frieza in the movie was hit him like once, walk towards him, then die when frieza ragequit the world

having an actual fight is definitively better than the movie in the case of vegeta vs frieza

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

having an actual fight is definitively better than the movie in the case of vegeta vs frieza

Well, I don't know if I'd call that a fight. It more of one sided beat down. Frieza didn't get a single hit or dodge in on Vegeta, and just got destroyed.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that makes sense considering the way it worked in the movie and is way better than the anticlimax of the movie imo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kurui Reiten posted:

Well, I don't know if I'd call that a fight. It more of one sided beat down. Frieza didn't get a single hit or dodge in on Vegeta, and just got destroyed.

Good, that is what should've happened in the movie

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Baal posted:

The way that played out in the movie was odd. It seemed like they made a big narrative deal of there being one senzu left, and that made it seem like Frieza would somehow get it. He would get recharged for the Vegeta fight, and Vegeta would get more to do than a beat down. Instead, nope, it's just an excuse to get Goku back to health, and for him to have the power to killsteal at the end. Kinda sad.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

rof kinda falls apart the second piccolo struggles against zarbon redux and gohan has to go super saiyan to bail him out

I liked the start of that movie a lot tho

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Baal posted:

Pretty much. I actually liked that beat down in Super. Just a one sided rear end beatdown. I will say even though it was extended, showing everyone get blown was like... drat. Least this gives Gohan an excuse to get off his rear end and be relevant.

Maybe.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Manatee Cannon posted:

rof kinda falls apart the second piccolo struggles against zarbon redux and gohan has to go super saiyan to bail him out

I liked the start of that movie a lot tho

The first half is very strong, yeah. You get a bunch of cool fight scenes where everyone gets to be cool guys again and Jaco's there and it's a fun time.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Shindragon posted:

showing everyone get blown

I must've missed that part. Unfortunately.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
You know what I meant. :v: For real though, showing the other side characters seeing a huge red glow before the earth blew up was pretty drat messed up.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Oh, we all know what you really meant with that Freudian slit.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
No VEGETA is dead. :( (Donald Trump Campaign Headquarters?)

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Manatee Cannon posted:

It honestly looks like Piccolo gets banged up a little bit and then prepares to go all out only for Gohan to just oneshot the guy out of nowhere.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Shindragon posted:

No VEGETA is dead. :( (Donald Trump Campaign Headquarters?)

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbc-guest-trumps-alt-right-fans-childless-single-men-who-masturbate-to-anime/

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the only person zarbull should be presenting any kind of challenge to by the time rof takes place is master roshi

tho speaking of that, it's still pretty funny that they say yamcha isn't up to the challenge but bring roshi along to fight. it was nice seeing him be useful again

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think I timed Vegeta vs Frieza in ROF at around 40 seconds as a whole?
I'd have to check again but even if the animation is worse, Vegeta getting a decent chunk of time for his beat down is waaaay better

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's just nappa with raditz's hair

no way he titally has a bitchin rear end long mohawk and a big hulk hogan mustache

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
gently caress, that comment about the movies being a chronological nightmare has always been something that part of me has tried to piece together, but it hurts my brain since only like 5 tops could take place in the canon timeline at all, since aside from training arcs everything happens in DB in fairly rapid succession. Then again, sometimes it is pretty funny to think about.

I think my favorite example has to be 'Oh, the Androids are running rampant on earth? TIME TO GO TO NAMEK!'
e: that or 'Oh, the Androids are running rampant on earth? TIME TO GO SHOPPING!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I wish Yamcha or Roshi or somebody had actually suggested that in the show. When Trunks gives his warning, just have the Z-Fighters and all their loved ones just evac to Namek or Yardrat or King Kai's planet. Just give up completely.

• Locked thread