Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

quoting this again because god drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

where is teh star citizen thread by the way?

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
doobie closing is just bonkers

b-o-n-k-e-r-s

which is a word only one of these two could spell

the pickens county herald is pretty bad imho

e: this was a front page article

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Smash it Smash hit posted:

who the gently caress serves bread with wings?

a lot of real chicken joints will, under the wings to soak up grease. youre not supposed to eat the bread. doobz hosed that combo meal all up

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Blue Raider posted:

a lot of real chicken joints will, under the wings to soak up grease. youre not supposed to eat the bread. doobz hosed that combo meal all up

AH the more you know thanks i

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

SaltLick posted:

Since I refuse to read the shitizen thread can we get a quick update on what's happened? Also for old time sake lets hear some DayZ news since the shitizen/dayz/doobie thread was probably the best iteration

Agree, would like a TLDR on what's going on with those games cause gently caress wading into megathreads in Games.

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
I found something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHMm4cZpGeQ

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Jukeboxblues posted:

All around me are familiar hot dogs, worn out grease traps, worn out grease traps...

It's too early for this lazy racist, in the middle of nowhere, middle of nowhere.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

collect the whole series: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmcIZeCaVzck0XUWFExs3uQ https://soundcloud.com/cherry-clan

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Bold Robot posted:

Agree, would like a TLDR on what's going on with those games cause gently caress wading into megathreads in Games.

Star Citizen:
CIG refunded Derek Smart after he caused a ruckus about their lovely non game
This prompted CIG to do refunds for a while after saying they'd never give refunds. The "smart" goon citizens all GTFO
Then CIG released a lovely tech demo with no persistence or even 1% of what was promised and said gently caress you this is enough game to deny further refunds
Chris Roberts tried to play his game on a holiday livestream and bitched about various features as if it's the first time he'd seen them. He looked like a 70 year old lady trying to work the google. Then his game crashed.
Now it's all hands on dick to get their single player game out this year or they are hosed(they'd had nothing playable when PC Gamer visited recently)

DayZ:
:iiam:

I hope this informative post is useful

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Berious posted:

Star Citizen:
CIG refunded Derek Smart after he caused a ruckus about their lovely non game
This prompted CIG to do refunds for a while after saying they'd never give refunds. The "smart" goon citizens all GTFO
Then CIG released a lovely tech demo with no persistence or even 1% of what was promised and said gently caress you this is enough game to deny further refunds
Chris Roberts tried to play his game on a holiday livestream and bitched about various features as if it's the first time he'd seen them. He looked like a 70 year old lady trying to work the google. Then his game crashed.
Now it's all hands on dick to get their single player game out this year or they are hosed(they'd had nothing playable when PC Gamer visited recently)

DayZ:
:iiam:

I hope this informative post is useful

Serious question: why are they hosed if they don't get something out this year? Isn't it just the kool-aid sipping true believers left at this point anyway? Like at this point, who would be left that would be so insane to hang in for this long but still reasonable enough to ever let it go?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

count on goons to instantly spring to action in defense of chicken grease and bread

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

FIRST TIME posted:

Serious question: why are they hosed if they don't get something out this year? Isn't it just the kool-aid sipping true believers left at this point anyway? Like at this point, who would be left that would be so insane to hang in for this long but still reasonable enough to ever let it go?

IDK that's straight from Chris according to the million page thread. I guess he thinks the well will dry up this year. The kool aid chuggers want their second life in space but Chris is way more interested in his single player game. That's where his 10 hours of frustrated movie director cutscenes are so he's going for broke on that and figures it'll be a huge success to fund the rest of the game

e: 10 hours of cut scenes is not an exaggeration. Chris boasted about them and showed off the script

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Based on the cutscene they showed with Gary Oldman I find that highly unlikely

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Berious posted:

IDK that's straight from Chris according to the million page thread. I guess he thinks the well will dry up this year. The kool aid chuggers want their second life in space but Chris is way more interested in his single player game. That's where his 10 hours of frustrated movie director cutscenes are so he's going for broke on that and figures it'll be a huge success to fund the rest of the game

e: 10 hours of cut scenes is not an exaggeration. Chris boasted about them and showed off the script

Ahh the metal gear solid formula... Let's see if that pays off

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

social vegan posted:

count on goons to instantly spring to action in defense of chicken grease and bread

We're talking about Alabama here, white bread with that kind of food is an actual thing there. It really wouldn't be so bad if Doobie baked his own bread or sourced it from an actual bakery or something but instead he buys a bag of $0.99 Walmart white bread and plops it down with reheated frozen Walmart wings and fries and calls it a day.

poo poo, even if he bought a cheap bread machine it would do most of the work for him but it would give people a reason to go to Doobies instead of just going to the grocery store and taking the 20 minutes to make it themselves.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Chill la Chill posted:

wtf this is the doobie doghouse memorial thread show some respect

X

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

sweet home alabama is basically just greasy bread and unemployed gay people

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Berious posted:

Lol, excessive cut scenes are one of the worst things about modern video games. I hope he makes them unskippable. :getin:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Berious posted:

is the gbs thread still around with a non-StarCitizen name? Or was it gassed?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Like for the price that he probably charges for 6 wings, 5 fries and a slice of bread, you could go the store and buy a whole bag of wings, bag of fries, and the whole loaf of bread.

Yes, I understand that's how restaurants work because that's the only way you make money but every successful restaurant at least creates the illusion of "you can't make this at home" and provides some kind of atmosphere that's more appealing than "Nazi infested pillbox in Normandy".

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Berious posted:

Then threw it on the ground and made some employee pick it up in front of the crowd

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

FIRST TIME posted:

We're talking about Alabama here, white bread with that kind of food is an actual thing there. It really wouldn't be so bad if Doobie baked his own bread or sourced it from an actual bakery or something but instead he buys a bag of $0.99 Walmart white bread and plops it down with reheated frozen Walmart wings and fries and calls it a day.

poo poo, even if he bought a cheap bread machine it would do most of the work for him but it would give people a reason to go to Doobies instead of just going to the grocery store and taking the 20 minutes to make it themselves.

Why are you being such a bad frogger! Doobie knows what he's doing! Other than the going out of business part, which clearly wasn't his fault.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Chill la Chill posted:

wtf this is the doobie doghouse memorial thread show some respect

Dang ol' doobie man, making me dang ol' cry man.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

stop talking about hellthread topics you loving retards, we don't want this thread gassed too

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Mad Monk posted:

Dang ol' doobie man, making me dang ol' cry man.

Man i tell you what it's like just dang ol' dogs in the wind man, like dogs in the wind.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

bradzilla posted:

stop talking about hellthread topics you loving retards, we don't want this thread gassed too

Come on we all know gamergate was the real reason hellthread was a thing. We are safe from that here

Anyway it's a dead thread walking

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Was Tasha's Twitter ranting genuine or was it just a bad frogger getting us excited in the end?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
STAR WARS BETAMAX FREAK.

REDNECK FREAK.

SUCH A LIAR.

GET DOWN ON HIS KNEES

SUCK IT DRY.

SUCK ALL THAT CHILI RIGHT OUTTA THAT HOLE.

Goddamn.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

SaltLick posted:

Come on we all know gamergate was the real reason hellthread was a thing. We are safe from that here

Anyway it's a dead thread walking

Doobie will live forever in our hearts

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Was Tasha's Twitter ranting genuine or was it just a bad frogger getting us excited in the end?

Tasha's pretty unsane.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Microwaves Mom posted:

STAR WARS BETAMAX FREAK.

REDNECK FREAK.

SUCH A LIAR.

GET DOWN ON HIS KNEES

SUCK IT DRY.

Goddamn.

For children of god the doob family sure were interested in sucking dick or maybe rimming rear end, not sure where they were going with that. Some freaky sex anyway, with hotdogs

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Bacon Terrorist posted:

She's definitely the one who tried to get the gays fired and I think she was responsible for a lot of the other Facebook poo poo. But in the end we'll never know :shrug:

In the end even the locals don't quite know this mythical funeral home

If you act quick you can get your own little piece of Doobierama

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jan 20, 2016

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Microwaves Mom posted:

STAR WARS BETAMAX FREAK.

REDNECK FREAK.

SUCH A LIAR.

GET DOWN ON HIS KNEES

SUCK IT DRY.

Goddamn.

:bigtran:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
leak the source code Chris

this is a hacker

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Tasha's batshit Twitter account goes back further than the KS so it's definitely real.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

WINGS. with BREAD..

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

BeefThief posted:

WINGS. with BREAD..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001