Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...
Mastered Ultimate Bart on my second attempt (after about 3-4 S/L)...went with an advantilate strat for the second part. The first time around I hosed up and put the Keepsake Knife on Fang instead of lightning, which ended up with Fang never getting enough hits in to build up a SB charge by the time I killed the Pauldron/Ailette.

Second attempt went fairly smoothly, Bart mostly cast Ruinga and Thanotosian Smile. One time hit Sazh with Baptism in Ruin but he managed to survive with about 1/10th of his health bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I think I'll just do the event normally and redo the battles once I can use RMs on Yuffie. First boss ended up a slog because of his drat regen. Plus I forgot to actually take the quest.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

McDragon posted:

I think I'll just do the event normally and redo the battles once I can use RMs on Yuffie. First boss ended up a slog because of his drat regen. Plus I forgot to actually take the quest.

Which is odd because Gorkii- at least for me- was pretty much drunk. He casted Reflect... then casted Regen. Then Reflect again. Then Barrier. Oh hey, he's casting Gravir- Oh right. I have reflect too.

Basically, he only did few attacks. Or offensive moves for that matter.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I guess you just have to eat the first AOE Goto poops out immediately? What a jerk. That stuff hurts!

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
I had more difficulty soloing the third floor of the Pagoda with Yuffie than I have basically anything in the last several months outside of Omega. Paralysis on a fight you're supposed to solo with 100k HP is pure hell, and I went in with Tifa's Grand Glove and a Gold Armlet equipped alongside a Fury Ring (i.e. full RS equipment and a Protectga shared soul break) at level 50 so it wasn't like I didn't go in unprepared. I still barely won, although I still got mastery on the dungeon anyways somehow.

Got her MC, pushed her to 65 immediately, and gave her Solitude. +80% ATK when you have nearly 400 of it is just plain unfair.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Nobody panic, but I temporarily switched my RW to lv 65 Zack with his 8-hit combo, 5* synergy sword, 5* synergy bangle; just for a few days for Yuffie soloing. Friend ID Q3Nf. It's no sephiroth SSB, but it does a surprisingly good amount of damage; should do ~30K+ on these sorts of difficulty levels. I'll switch back to SSII shortly.

Everyone's recommending going with a Sephiroth SSB RW, but I don't have any on my friend list and don't feel like doing Fabul 1 a million times to find one personally. A SB that gets close enough will be fine for a lot of people.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I contemplated switching my RW to my shiny new Landscaper but I think it's largely outshined by the other options available for the situation.

I still love it though.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Completed the event for now, but Godo was a bitch to take out (and having Yuffie there killed a good chunk of damage output) and I only got a Clear because of 1 action medal and two damage medals lost. Might try again. Might not. Still debating on it.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

Schwartzcough posted:

Nobody panic, but I temporarily switched my RW to lv 65 Zack with his 8-hit combo, 5* synergy sword, 5* synergy bangle; just for a few days for Yuffie soloing. Friend ID Q3Nf. It's no sephiroth SSB, but it does a surprisingly good amount of damage; should do ~30K+ on these sorts of difficulty levels. I'll switch back to SSII shortly.

Everyone's recommending going with a Sephiroth SSB RW, but I don't have any on my friend list and don't feel like doing Fabul 1 a million times to find one personally. A SB that gets close enough will be fine for a lot of people.

That's a good idea. Not like I've been getting a ton of summons with OWA Sephiroth, so I've also swapped to Zack with Rush Assault. Friend code is e45N if anyone wants it. Not sure yet whether I'll switch back to Seph or to mitigation (SG, Fabled Song, or Emerald Light) afterward.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Honestly, my biggest problem with the solo quests is that if Yuffie gets bad ATB rolls, her Damage Taken medals tank in later trash waves. Like, even with Solitude, a Lv50 Yuffie can soak up a good 75% of her HP in damage with bad luck from some of this trash.

Max rank Steal HP is not a "suggestion", it's practically goddamn mandatory.

EDIT: That said, Chekhov is giving me some serious FF5 vibes here. The worst part about any solo run is bosses with Paralyze.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 21, 2016

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Schwartzcough posted:

It's Black Materia, right? If so, I got one of those RWs at 501 Attack somehow. Also I'm assuming Steal Power into Black Materia, right? And at bosses?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

widespread posted:

It's Black Materia, right? If so, I got one of those RWs at 501 Attack somehow. Also I'm assuming Steal Power into Black Materia, right? And at bosses?

Steal Power won't affect RWs.

It won't matter, since Black Materia should be hitting ~40k damage anyway. And yes, unload it in boss faces.

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands
I got some of the best equipment possible for soloing (Grand Glove, Gold Armlet) and the Quests still required a bit of S/L just to get good attack patterns from the enemies. It's real easy to lose all your Damage Taken medals when soloing... Gorkii inflicting Paralyze early in the fight is a reset too; not exactly something you want to be stuck in.

Godo was actually most annoying, though, just because of Sleep. The rule of averages would lead one to assume he'd cast it less than once every three turns, but for me it was about every other turn, which is annoying enough with a full party, and he doesn't attack much to help bring you out of it either. Glad they were nice enough to not make us completely solo him, but still... oy.

I do appreciate the quests though, 'cause I'm quite low on Greater Power!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I actually found Godo pretty easy, but I did have a natural Lunatic High. Even then it's not too hard to neuter him - Yuffie and someone else can bring Loner/Solitude. Yuffie can Steal Power, Red or Barret can Magic Breakdown + Full Break him, and then he's pretty weak after that. I made my third member Aerith just so she could whack someone out of Sleep and her Diagas were doing 8k+ with the Christmas Rod.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Had to restart the Godo fight because I somehow ended up loading Sazh with Boost instead of Magic Breakdown. :psyduck: I really wish they'd fix that bug where you can't actually select the right skill when the list is scrolling.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

Steal Power won't affect RWs.

It won't matter, since Black Materia should be hitting ~40k damage anyway. And yes, unload it in boss faces.

Yes, it does do ~40k. I just did two BM's vs Shake. While Sap stuck after the 2nd one, the fucker ragebombs me before Sap ticked the last bit of health away.

EDIT: Made it much clearer.

widespread fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 21, 2016

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
5* gold bangle (xiii) and a 4* silver bangle (xiii) for 2 single pulls on the xiii banner. I think that turned out pretty good, the gold bangle has nice stats! Plus I get to combine my other silver bangle.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

Had to restart the Godo fight because I somehow ended up loading Sazh with Boost instead of Magic Breakdown. :psyduck: I really wish they'd fix that bug where you can't actually select the right skill when the list is scrolling.

I do that a lot with the dailies, and halfway through the 2nd one I'm wondering why I'm 1 hitting everything

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I'm considering switching my RW for this event: would people prefer to have Black Materia or Blade Beam?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

AweStriker posted:

I'm considering switching my RW for this event: would people prefer to have Black Materia or Blade Beam?

Black Materia by far.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

AweStriker posted:

Black Materia will generally give you higher returns - all of the bosses in this event except Reno/Rude (who aren't part of the event quests) are single-target deals, and 4 hits > 3 hits.

Plus, Sap is a mastery requirement on one of the bonus battles.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Well, one of the bonus battles is all four pagoda minibosses at once, where Blade Beam would obviously be superior. So maybe Black Materia now, blade beam in a few days.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
ahaha I completely forgot iron attack buttfucks Damage medal

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Schwartzcough posted:

Well, one of the bonus battles is all four pagoda minibosses at once, where Blade Beam would obviously be superior. So maybe Black Materia now, blade beam in a few days.

Wouldn't Shadow Flare actually be best in that case for the not-insignificant AoE Blind proc? Or are all of them magically immune to their greatest weakness as solo fights?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
How are you spec'ing Yuffie, I had to abandon before even trying the boss in the difficulty 50 level. She's egged to 47 and using a Murasame and Fury Ring, and has a choice between the Keepsake RIbbon or Holiday Mittens as armor (tons more Res on the 1st, bit more Def on the 2nd). I brought Blindga and Wind Slash so I couldn't heal though, so I suppose I should just drop WS for Steal HP and try to power through without losing more than 1 medal per floor?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

kalensc posted:

How are you spec'ing Yuffie, I had to abandon before even trying the boss in the difficulty 50 level. She's egged to 47 and using a Murasame and Fury Ring, and has a choice between the Keepsake RIbbon or Holiday Mittens as armor (tons more Res on the 1st, bit more Def on the 2nd). I brought Blindga and Wind Slash so I couldn't heal though, so I suppose I should just drop WS for Steal HP and try to power through without losing more than 1 medal per floor?

For the diff, 50, I'd go Blindga and Wind Slash and be willing to savescum a few times; with a little luck, the boss will put up Protect and Regen on you, and at that point it's a cakewalk.

(Oh, and definitely go Mittens. The +ATK and higher Def are both valuable.)

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

kalensc posted:

I went Steal HP and Wind Slash on the first boss. If you bring a good RW you don't need to blind him- he'll die in about three turns (Wind Slash, RW, RW). There's a good chance he'll waste several turns buffing himself anyway.

Time to try the third solo level without a Record Materia... we'll see how this goes.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So apparently Damage Taken medals is based on a percentage of your party's total HP, and not flat numbers. Because solo Yuffie takes like two hits, dropping to 30% health (which gets healed to full by one steal HP, Loner is really loving strong), and I lose 2 medals for damage. And this is with the Christmas mittens, so I take maybe 2k damage total.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

ZiegeDame posted:

So apparently Damage Taken medals is based on a percentage of your party's total HP, and not flat numbers. Because solo Yuffie takes like two hits, dropping to 30% health (which gets healed to full by one steal HP, Loner is really loving strong), and I lose 2 medals for damage. And this is with the Christmas mittens, so I take maybe 2k damage total.

Good thing I egged Yuffie to 49, making sure to leave a bit of room so she gets capped AND a full heal before the boss. And then the next one, slap Loner on her and boom.

Also, gotta say it's pretty good I got the Precious Watch. First actual 5* gear, and it's a Bracer with a small heal.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Whew, managed to master the level 75 dungeon solo. I somehow got full medals on the first stage without any S/Ling, so even though I lost two damage medals each on the next two I still squeaked by with mastery.

I think I'm going to want Black Materia for the last stage for the Sap alone, but so far sap has not proc'd. Gonna need a lot of resetting I'm guessing. At least Loner will help.

Magic Fanatic
Oct 28, 2008
Yuffie in the back row with the Evil Lantern and the Loner RM for basically all the elite stages that it's available for on a first run (which is to say, one stage) is really, REALLY good times.

I had my Yuffie kited out with the Evil Lantern, an Adamant Bangle, and the Wolf Earrings. If I've done my math right, that gives her ~514 ATK and 387 DEF. The Fury Ring might've been slightly better for durability with only a small ATK loss, but eh.

One-shotting everything from the back row while sitting on 230+ Evade. Steal HP for emergencies, while Blindga was brought to neuter the boss. All the mobs were one-shot with a pumpkin.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kalensc posted:

I saved myself the anguish and just got her memory crystal first so I could give her loner.

Gear-wise I used the Platinum Fist (:iamafag:), a 6++ Crystal Bangle, and Wolf Earrings with Tempo Flurry 4 and Steal HP 5

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jan 21, 2016

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I know I just changed my RW SB to Lunatic High, but I'll change it to Black Materia for now just to help out during this event. He should be sitting at 485 ATK with RS since he's not 80 yet and my best RS armor is the Holiday Mittens. Friend ID is tVvi for those who don't want to go back a few pages.

IcePhoenix posted:

I saved myself the anguish and just got her memory crystal first so I could give her loner.

Gear-wise I used the Platinum Fist (:iamafag:), a 6++ Crystal Bangle, and Wolf Earrings with Tempo Flurry 4 and Steal HP 5

I did this too. I think using up the extra stamina is worth being able to give Yuffie loner, and Tempo Flurry with Steal HP has gotten me the first four event quests done so far.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jan 21, 2016

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

For reference, I managed to do all the event quests in order my first time through (i.e. only for the 4th and 5th floors did I have her level cap broken), and I even skimped on steal HP and had it at only rank 4 (in retrospect a horrible idea, by the time the difficulty 75 boss was dead I was out of Steal HP AND Steal Power and at the last slivers of health). I had a 5* RS fist weapon (the Grand Glove, which with RS was only barely stronger than the 5* Shark that I should have used instead), a 5* bracer (the Gold Armlet and it's Protectga were a godsend), and used a Fury Ring.

Don't do what I did. It's not worth it.

EDIT: For Godo I brought along Cloud and Y'sholta in addition to Yuffie, put up Stoneskin II the first round, and then had Cloud commence to spam Lifesiphon and Blade Beams until the boss was very very dead. Complete joke in comparison to the previous event quests, although that was because I was able to utilize my stellar equipment and SB options fully once again. For people without a spammable FF7 SB, the fight sounds more difficult (could always just Advance+Retaliate it?)

EDIT 2: Just for a warning.
The very last event quest (5th floor, the Godo fight), requires you to bring a party of 3 people (including Yuffie, your pick for the other two). Doing it solo DOES NOT COUNT FOR THE EVENT QUEST, according to reddit.

the Orb of Zot fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 21, 2016

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Really, bring Steal HP and Blindga. The level 75 difficulty boss chain paralyzed me a couple times at the beginning, but he only managed to actually hurt me twice. I had a R4 steal HP and had plenty left at the end, because I could just plink away with normal attacks safely.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Welp, the power creep is coming hard.

Next event in Japan is the FFMobius crossover, giving us two characters from that game as playable characters with FF1 synergy. Plus Garland. Plus Princess Sara so you can field a full FF1 party. Note that unlike the previous crossovers this one actually has a slight chance to make it over here, which certainly would explain the banner quality.

Banner relics and descriptions taken from Reddit:

Banner 1
Wol (the FF1 one) SSB : 8 times aoe + physical blink party
Garland SSB : 4 times single target Dark elemental + Drain
Wol(the Mobius one) SB : 12 times single target + stun
Echo SB : 4 times Aoe Dual elemental (Lightning + none)
Sara SB : Aoe cura+ High Regen (i.e. Hymn of the Faith)

Banner 2:
Wol(Mobius) SSB : 4 time aoe physical + attack and magic down? (Heroic Harmony/Agrias's SB effect?)
Echo SSB : Def + Res Up and Haste (...oh dear god.)
Wol SB : 4 times Holy single target + own Res up
Garland SB : 3 times Dark aoe + Dark weakness applied
Sara SB : Party Atk + Def Up (i.e. Hand of the Emperor)

What.

Def + Res up is used to describe the Sentinel's Grimoire and Stoneskin 2. If the numbers are the same (and being a SSB they probably are), that means Echo gets Sentinel's Grimoire WITH HASTEGA ATTACHED.
All hail our new FF1 overlords I suppose.

EDIT: Even ignoring that, a white mage with access to the same buff as Leon's Hand of the Emperor is also kind of nuts, especially if you get her AOE Cura + High Regen relic as well.

the Orb of Zot fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jan 21, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

the Orb of Zot posted:

EDIT: For Godo I brought along Cloud and Y'sholta in addition to Yuffie, put up Stoneskin II the first round, and then had Cloud commence to spam Lifesiphon and Blade Beams until the boss was very very dead. Complete joke in comparison to the previous event quests, although that was because I was able to utilize my stellar equipment and SB options fully once again. For people without a spammable FF7 SB, the fight sounds more difficult (could always just Advance+Retaliate it?)

Honestly, I did just fine with Yuffie/Sazh/Aerith. As long as you have either a wall or breakdowns Godo is a kitten.

quote:

EDIT 2: Just for a warning.
The very last event quest (5th floor, the Godo fight), requires you to bring a party of 3 people (including Yuffie, your pick for the other two). Doing it solo DOES NOT COUNT FOR THE EVENT QUEST, according to reddit.

And Dr. Mog spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Organix. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the party shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. One is right out. Once the Yuffie, being the third party member, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Blade Beam of Cloud towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jan 21, 2016

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Princess Sara? Really? I mean, I guess they aren't spoiled for choice as far as FF1 goes.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Nihilarian posted:

Princess Sara? Really? I mean, I guess they aren't spoiled for choice as far as FF1 goes.

It's likely because she's in Theatrhythm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Yesss we get to knock people down

• Locked thread