Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Oh right. He was hiding because he was mad at her, rather than like, returning and killing the Countess.

More interesting ghost "rules".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
There's no reason any of the ghosts couldn't have simply killed the Countess. The only presumable one would be incurring March's wrath, but what are ghosts going to do to each other that's so bad? The vague implication that he controlled the Addiction Demon perhaps, but it only seemed to work on Sally, and she had no reason to care about her in the first place.

I kept waiting for her, or anyone else for that matter, to tell one to "Go Away," but it never happened.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

OmegaBR posted:

There's no reason any of the ghosts couldn't have simply killed the Countess. The only presumable one would be incurring March's wrath, but what are ghosts going to do to each other that's so bad? The vague implication that he controlled the Addiction Demon perhaps, but it only seemed to work on Sally, and she had no reason to care about her in the first place.

I kept waiting for her, or anyone else for that matter, to tell one to "Go Away," but it never happened.

Oh poo poo I completely forgot about that rule from season 1, ahahahah

This show is lame and schlocky as hell but I still like it.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

ElectricSheep posted:

We've had this since Coven, and I don't equate stakes-free deaths with Murder House because death was integral to the plot.
I think they meant stakes as in stakes through the heart.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

TheBizzness posted:

But Alexandra Daddario and Punk Rawk Dandy were both killed in the Cortez and didn't come back because ummmm well you see.....

The model came back to be with Liz in the end. He didn't manifest before that because he wanted Liz to live out her life, not get locked into a toxic relationship with a ghost. Pretty grown up, really.

As for Alexandra and the rest, the medium said she could sense hundreds of spirits in the Cortez. For whatever reason, most of the spirits were not able to manifest as visible ghosts most of the time. So it is possible that absolutely everyone who dies in the Cortez is stuck there, "unfinished business" or no. Even the sweet elderly couples who go there to die together are stuck there forever. But they don't all manifest. Presumably the swedish girls were not fully manifested 24/7 for all of the months they spent running around the halls before getting a pep talk and trying to find their purpose, because that would have been pretty annoying for everyone.

My guess is that the suffering/death/evil in the Cortez acts like an anchor, and a battery. If a spirit is able to calm the gently caress down, escape the horror of their death, come to terms with their new state, and find a reason (purpose) to take deliberate action, then they are able to draw on the energy of the Cortez and manifest very strongly. Unlike most spirits they aren't stuck making vague moans and glows, they can draw on the power of the Cortex to appear nearly perfectly alive and interact physically with the living. Cortez himself is a master at this, able to physically manifest anywhere in the hotel instantly. Sally was able to escape handcuffs by going incorporeal. But most of the spirits never learn to harness this energy, and so manifest intermittently or not at all -- they create unease in the psychically sensitive and can be felt by mediums, but they can't really do anything.

Most places don't have that kind of energy so even an experienced medium didn't expect spirits to be able to physically harm her.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Well I finally watched the finale to American Horror Story: The Breakfast Club and that was just bonkers.

I kind of wish they'd retooled this season to leave out Detective Man and his Ghost Vampire Family and just focused on Liz Taylor and Iris trying to reform their band of wayward sexy ghosts. Lumberjack! Stop being so gay and mopey! Everyone, let's put on a fashion show using our sexy ghost skills! Sally, use your newfound instagram bullshit to rope in the traveling salesman convention! Wait, who killed the salesmen? Mr. Maaaaarch! We talked about this!

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

That would have been a really boring season because they basically did just that and it only took thirty minutes.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.
Of course this is a rumor, but it's possible that AHS Season 6 could include Slender Man.

We made it guys, Something Awful is part of AHS.

http://zap2it.com/2016/01/american-horror-story-season-6-rumor-slender-man-fx/

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

We did it, time to close up shop here

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

I find the most interesting bit from that article is the mention that Max Landis is doing his own show on Syfy called Channel Zero, and that the first series will focus on Candle Cove (with Slenderman possibly later to come.)

I don't think there's enough to build an entire season around Slenderman, but he could certainly make a good legend in a larger frame. If not Scream Queens, AHS: Camp would be perfect.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Stabitha posted:

Of course this is a rumor, but it's possible that AHS Season 6 could include Slender Man.

Supernatural made fun of Slender Man last season.

http://supernatural.wikia.com/wiki/Thinman

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I guess it was only a matter of time, there's a bunch of other TV shows being developed based on creepypastas. Maybe Evan Peters can play Lowtax.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Stabitha posted:

quote:

“Someone else wrote the script, and AHS wants to adapt it to fit the show,” the source claims.

quote:

Someone else wrote the script

I want to be cautiously hopeful.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
AHS: Doom House

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Wasn't that the first season?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Mad Dragon posted:

Supernatural made fun of Slender Man last season.

http://supernatural.wikia.com/wiki/Thinman

There was also an episode of Lost Girl where Slenderman was combined with the Pied Piper.

Actually, in connecting Slenderman to AHS, wasn't Alexandra Breckenridge in that Slenderman movie from a year or two ago?

Chairman Capone fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 28, 2016

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I wonder which hunky square-jawed brown haired man is gonna play slender man. And I also wonder what kind of zany characters all the other hunky square-jawed brown haired men will play.

Maybe like... one could be a gossip column writer, and one could own like the hottest night club in Slenderville and then Lady Gaga's character can do a duet with a surprise appearance of Jessica Lange and oh god make it stop make it stop

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ManlyGrunting posted:

Wasn't that the first season?

No figurine. Probably would have been better with a curious figurine.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

angerbeet posted:

AHS: Doom House

Mood House would be better.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

if they made AHS: Creepypasta i don't care how loving stupid it is i'm down

I want to see some ultraserious treatment of the video game sonic doll killing people out of a television

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!
They'll follow the American Horror Story: Creepypasta season up with American Horror Story: Five Nights at Freddy's. All of the animatronic dummies will be played by hunky, square-jawed, dark-haired men. Holden and Dr. Vampire Mom will stop by for some pizza.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

CynCyanide posted:

They'll follow the American Horror Story: Creepypasta season up with American Horror Story: Five Nights at Freddy's. All of the animatronic dummies will be played by hunky, square-jawed, dark-haired men. Holden and Dr. Vampire Mom will stop by for some pizza.

Why not stop there and just go fully downhill with AHS: Pewwwwdiepie Rape Joke Central. If Ryan Murphy doesn't have anything similar in his mind already, that is.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Let's not besmirch the good name of Five Nights at Freddy's. It's much scarier than AHS has been in years.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Is ahs even about being scary anymore?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Saddest Rhino posted:

It turns out there was a misprint. It's American Horrible Story.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I've always maintained that it's called American Horror Story not as in "a story in the horror genre" so much as "a story that will horrify people." Whether it's at the blood, the mutilation, the racism, sexism, anti-gay discrimination, the school shooting, the disturbing relationship dynamics, the loving constant sexual assualt/abuse, the writing, the plot....

You know, any of those horrifying things.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Much like American Crime Story will quickly become whatever Ryan Murphy considers criminal. I hear Season 3 will focus on DiCaprio laughing at the Golden Globes.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
For those in this thread who just have to follow all of Ryan Murphy's latest projects, here's an American Crime Story - The People vs. O.J. Simpson thread

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It's really good, and everybody should go watch it so that thread has more posts for me to read at work.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7244970

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
What TV director would you want to replace Ryan Murphy for AHS? Rod Serling doesn't count because he's dead

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaga's back next season

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The plot is the horror.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The prospect of another season is scary, but we know we're all going to watch it, because we are the real American horror story and characters in horror stories make poor decisions.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
The plot for the next season will be a fantastic cast and crew stuck forever acting out the lazy and barely coherent scripts of a bad showrunner who is secretly satan.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

kjetting posted:

The plot for the next season will be a fantastic cast and crew stuck forever acting out the lazy and barely coherent scripts of a bad showrunner who is secretly satan.

It's a bad thing that I look forward to this heinous truth.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Yes, we are the secondary victims in the story, like the vampire measle kids in Hotel. We are forever hooked on the show, still partly hoping that it will one day live up to the promise it has, but mostly just suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
i wish they'd just do six or eight episodes a season because even the seasons i didn't like still have some really good material that if condensed and separated from the crap would be really awesome tv.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Luvcow posted:

i wish they'd just do six or eight episodes a season because even the seasons i didn't like still have some really good material that if condensed and separated from the crap would be really awesome tv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Luvcow posted:

I too subscribe to the less is more philosophy for TV.

• Locked thread