Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xander77 posted:

Come the gently caress on. Cartoonists in this thread pull "people you're supposed to dislike agree with this statement, so you must reject it without any further thought" all the time. Of course this thread isn't going to

I'd advise you to see a doctor; if the stick is that far up in there it's inadvisable to remove it yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

:stare:

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Plan Z posted:

People like to paint politicians as dumb with this kind of stuff, when they're actually quite smart. Karl Rove claims to be an atheist while he was able to create campaigns that riled up Christian bases precisely because he was cynical, and I think it's the same for Trump. Barring the usual jokes against the Republican voting base, they're not all racists, and a few of them have to be going "wait, he wants power to do what he wants even that exceed the trespasses of Barack Hussein Obama?" The fact that he said he'll run independent if he doesn't get the nomination cements it even further, as it would split the vote and keep the Trump Train running until November without the consequence of him being elected.

I'm thinking he'd get a 30-some popular vote in the general election against any Democratic candidate and he knows it. The man is getting paid to talk, which also gives him shitloads of publicity for future ventures. He's basically another degree of Palin.

It seems like his campaign has actually caused a lot of damage to his businesses and brand, so I think he's seriously in it to win it. Or at least see how far he can get. He seems like a rich, ridiculous workaholic who needs to constantly up-the-ante in his goals to stave off boredom. Climbing ladders is his roller-coaster addiction, and he's doing it the best way he knows how: absurdist theatrics.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The Flint situation just reminds me that the water was like that in the town my friends lived when I was a kid.

The water smelled and tasted overwhelmingly like sulfur, cloudy, and was filled with rusted flakes. Every house in the town had this water, as well as the drinking fountain at the playground. Everyone owned Brita filters to remove the particles, but only sometimes the water was boiled before drinking because it was like this for years. No one was doing anything about it either, no agencies cared and it never made the news.

Where was this hellhole? Canada. On the Siksika reserve. :smith:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

From the streets of Jerusalem:

(I also got some sort of lovely leaflet about the guy's fascinating political views, but there's a portal between my pocket and the island of lost papers)

The "committee for purity in communications" relates the blood-chilling story of a mother to 16 children who is so addicted to the internet that her daughters (not her husband or her sons, obviously) had to take over the housekeeping chores.

Don't forget, even "blocked" (presumably censored in some way) internet is a danger.

PS - The text is all about women, but you can't draw a woman in something aimed at a Haredi audience, naturally.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If there isn't a political cartoon about Trump supporters jerkin' it to anime by the end of the week, I'd have to wonder why political cartoonists took a chance to pass up one of the greatest quotes of this election season thus far.

Don't fail me now, Latuff.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Bors will, or I will lose my faith in him.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

seiferguy posted:

If there isn't a political cartoon about Trump supporters jerkin' it to anime by the end of the week, I'd have to wonder why political cartoonists took a chance to pass up one of the greatest quotes of this election season thus far.

This is my hole candidate, it was made for me!

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Xander77 posted:

Come the gently caress on. Cartoonists in this thread pull "people you're supposed to dislike agree with this statement, so you must reject it without any further thought" all the time. Of course this thread isn't going to

Oh. Ok.

It's almost as if each post mentioned specific things that they do disagree with for other reasons.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

What is going on with Hillary here? Is she like, holding a couch cushion in front of her?

quote:

Bok may be an idiot, but I kinda like this one

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?

so I literally can't read this any other way than "Hillary, with the truth about benghazi on her side, tells her accusers to stand down."

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Ramirez once again applying two separate labels to the same person.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Hilary is sick of The Truth being ineffective. It attacks her enemies, but they just keep coming and ignoring the damage done. At this point she's willing to let Truth stand back and let her enemies make fools of themselves. AGC.

Benghazi pants on clearance now at Old Navy, get three-off season cargo shorts for just $6.99 per pair! Old Navy: sizzling deals even in the cold.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Jesus christ are people STILL going on about Benghazi?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I feel like Ramirez is trying to go for this dark twisted style and he's so poo poo at it. His art hasn't been visual offensive to me because one of my favorite artists uses dark tones and off model drawing to great effect. But their art went from this to this. The white voids kill the effect completely and cross hatched to hell doesn't convey the dark mood I only assume Ramirez is going for. Actually looking at them Koto Inari's art is only missing labels with half his stuff, haha.

It's either that or Ramirez refuses to wear glasses and the world is a blurry mess to him.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Keiya posted:

They're going to keep talking about it until Hillary admits full responsibility and suspends her presidential campaign.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Keiya posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CJBuUwd0Os

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

13 Hours just came out it's a thing again.

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010

Keiya posted:

Kennedy's been dead for 7 years and people are still going on about Chappaquiddick

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

TheMaskedChemist posted:

Kennedy's been dead for 7 years and people are still going on about Chappaquiddick
Anyone remember when Bruce Tinsley used to go on and on about Chappaquiddick every other week? He only stopped after news of his own DUI came out.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

TheTatteredKing posted:

13 Hours just came out it's a thing again.
I read that they left basically all the political content out of that movie though, which made the characters' motivations hard to follow.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Count on Bok to one-up Ramirez on "petty, meaningless accusations"

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Edgy as gently caress. I like it.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the FTSE 100 entering bear market – Fears of another financial crash mounted after the FTSE 100 was gripped by panic selling and entered bear market" After Magritte.

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

Davos: Chief executives ‘more pessimistic’ about growth
Also! In London on Feb 10th? Got a spare £11.49? See Martin Rowson do a talk on politoons!

Telegraph:

After Addams.

Independent:

Tata Steel confirms 1,050 job cuts

Times:

Perceptions of Ed Miliband 'among reasons' for Labour loss

Mail:
Mac on...throwing sticks can harm your dog

And since it's decided to load for me today for some reason, Stephen Collins:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm sad that Vilerat's part in 13 Hours is apparently so small I had to click "All cast" on the IMDB page to find him :(

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

loquacius posted:

I'm sad that Vilerat's part in 13 Hours is apparently so small I had to click "All cast" on the IMDB page to find him :(

Did they include the crucial detail of Internet spaceships, though?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Kumaton posted:

Did they include the crucial detail of Internet spaceships, though?

I think someone in GBS said they had him playing Xbox or something at one point because that is more comprehensible to the average viewer than EVE Online

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
I love British cartoons for stuff like this

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

loquacius posted:

I think someone in GBS said they had him playing Xbox or something at one point because that is more comprehensible to the average viewer than EVE Online

And Microsoft probably pays more in product placement money

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

loquacius posted:

Let's be honest. The kind of people that go in to watch Michael Bay's latest turd and/or buy into the Benghazi nonsense are very unlikely to understand anything about games more complicated than "shoot mans".

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

loquacius posted:

Based on how a lot of other people at the embassy were portrayed, I'm very happy that Vilerat is barely in the movie.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

https://twitter.com/RobSmithJr/status/689601870751481856

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

It's true, I definitely associate "Sarah Palin speaking" and "hell".

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Lord Hydronium posted:

I mean, the guy has a painting in his office of himself with three other people drawing him within the painting.

To keep him humble, as I understand.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/jah6al/the-colbert-report-ted-cruz-s-humble-portrait

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Rob Smith Jr has a fursona?

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Nightmare Before Christmas-esque

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

seiferguy posted:

Don't fail me now, Latuff.

I'm finding it really weird that the word 'anime' has come up on an actual televised discussion of presidential politics, accurate as that guy was.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Zinkraptor posted:

Based on how a lot of other people at the embassy were portrayed, I'm very happy that Vilerat is barely in the movie.

Wait, they're portrayed poorly? Why would you portray the Americans who got shot poorly? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

ManlyGrunting posted:

Wait, they're portrayed poorly? Why would you portray the Americans who got shot poorly? :psyduck:

Soldiers good. Politicians bad.

• Locked thread