Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Rolo posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A

Seriously, I challenge anyone to make it more than a couple minutes into this.

This video is actually kind of fun/crazy. And holy poo poo, some dank goddamn memes coming out of it.

edit: poo poo, better post a meme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

every part of the argument is stupid as gently caress on both sides but drat if these memes aren't fresh as hell

the runner's a goddamn wizard but the mental gymnastics he is doing to deny the fact that he pressed a button is ridiculous

Cicadas! has a new favorite as of 20:35 on Jan 20, 2016

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Cicadas! posted:

every part of the argument is stupid as gently caress on both sides but drat if these memes aren't fresh as hell

the runner's a goddamn wizard but the mental gymnastics he is doing to deny the fact that he pressed a button is ridiculous

In a full low a-press run, he doesn't, he just has the button held down from the last a-press. How is this hard to understand, "Henry"?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I hope autism is not lethal, because it feels like I contracted it from that video.

Well, I mean, autism is not contagious, so the premise of my own joke is flawed, but for the humorous purposes it can be allowed that one at least may feel like contracting autism. On the other hand, it's impossible to recognise something previously never experienced, so maybe the joke doesn't hold up as well as I initially purported.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

I hope autism is not lethal, because it feels like I contracted it from that video.

Well, I mean, autism is not contagious, so the premise of my own joke is flawed, but for the humorous purposes it can be allowed that one at least may feel like contracting autism. On the other hand, it's impossible to recognise something previously never experienced, so maybe the joke doesn't hold up as well as I initially purported.

Quit holding down the A button.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

haha is that supposed to be the loss.jpg doctor

Edit: haha

Joe the Strummer has a new favorite as of 22:29 on Jan 20, 2016

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Joe the Strummer posted:

haha is that supposed to be the loss.jpg doctor

Haha maybe I guess haha.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Jerry Cotton posted:

What colour is ES anyway? I've never had any. Hogge Wild?

I think it was yellow when I tried making GinES once.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Paladinus posted:

If you're wondering about the half A press, read this before commenting to ask why. I use a special notation that allows for half A presses. Specifically, if you enter a level already holding the A button, then that A press only counts as half. It's actually pretty important to distinguish between the A button being PRESSED and the A button being HELD. While pressing A allows Mario to execute several kinds of jumps, the holding of A allows Mario to swim in water, do little kicks up slopes, grab the owl, and twirl slowly. So if a star requires the A button to be held, the pressing of the A button could have been done at some point in the past, and just held until that moment. For instance, let's say there are two stars: one that requires the A button to be pressed (1x A presses), and another that only requires the A button to be held (0.5x A presses). Individually, these stars would both require a full A press. But if these stars were collected one after the other, then the A button could be pressed during the former, and held all the way through to the next star to be used in the latter. In this manner, these stars together would only use 1 A press, whereas they would take 2 A presses if done individually. So during a 120 star run, you would round these half A presses down, but on a star-by-star basis you would round them up.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jesus christ, it's a rounding error, marie.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Sh...shouldn't it be 0.6666666666666666 A presses?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
Is the "stay safe poverty ghost" thing from a thread on SA because I feel like it was but maybe I'm just behind on my memes

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/aBHoZ3R.gifv

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Oh my lord... Lmao

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

hank u mr scutl

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010
Thank hank

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Khaleesi :swoon:

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Khajiit stole nothing.

Khajiit is innocent of this crime.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJdA7dwx6-4

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

OC 4 U

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Jet fuel can't steal memes.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Paladinus posted:

Jet fuel can't steal memes.

:golfclap:

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
How Can Jumps Be Real If Our A-presses Aren't Real

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Metanaut posted:

How Can Jumps Be Real If Our A-presses Aren't Real

dear atheists if god is not real how am i a dog learned english

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Zero presses or one press? I think the truth us somewhere in the middle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
He goes in with the button held down so at best it's an unpressing the button action. Every second he holds the button down should count for something.

:gary:

• Locked thread