Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i keep meaning to get the new wolfenstein as rtcw was the 2nd best game ever made, but i will not recommend anybody to play jrpgs like undertale because i have basic human empathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Overwatch is/was pretty fun (and will be good if they fix weapon view models/fov/killfeed/serverticks

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I played the new Wolfenstein for like 3 hours and then played Counterstrike. Same with Tales of Vesperia and Fallout 4 actually. Counterstrike is my video game now, there is no video game but Counterstrike.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
counterstrike will not be a fun game until they remove all sniper rifles that aren't the scout

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

busb posted:

counterstrike will not be a fun game until they remove all sniper rifles that aren't the scout

The opinion of a noob.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
busb with another wrongpinion Camembert is so obviously superior to Brie

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

You had like 2 flash and you just peeked an awp, wtffffffffffffff

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Scoutknivezs

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

busb posted:

WoW used to be good and fun but has been dull since Karazhan.

Serpentshrine and Tempest Keep were bad at first, but they fixed something and they stopped sucking, but by then it was Hyjal time which was good and fun.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
CSGO just desperately needs a non-ranked mode that is identical to competitive so you can play with your very differently ranked friends.

All non-competitive modes in right now are garbage for playing more than 10 minutes of.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Birdstrike posted:

they each have their place but sometimes you don't want a super runny cheese!

Sniper rifles have been bad in every fps game ever, plus 1 shot kill weapons shouldn't exist unless they're a headshot.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Rocket Launchers should be one shot kill weapons.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

All non-competitive modes in right now are garbage for playing more than 10 minutes of.

Arms Race is occasionally fun but only if you only use knife, and try to knife the points leaders since it puts them back a weapon. I don't understand why, since its such a casual mode, but this really gets people raging sometimes

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Amoeba102 posted:

rocket jumping should work but when you land you shouldnt have feet anymore and have to drag your body around with one arm while posting up with your launcher in the other.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

They should also kill you if you have a wall too close behind you. I think that was in an old ww2 game.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Amoeba102 posted:

the panzerfaust in rtcw had something like a 40sec cooldown and 3 or 4 rounds. while it was on cooldown all you had was a pistol.

it was good

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

Arms Race is occasionally fun but only if you only use knife, and try to knife the points leaders since it puts them back a weapon. I don't understand why, since its such a casual mode, but this really gets people raging sometimes

Demo and Arms Race are fun, but only for maybe 2 games.

They get old real quick.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Amoeba102 posted:

They should also kill you if you have a wall too close behind you. I think that was in an old ww2 game.

why is that? i dont know anything about rocket launcher science.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
the backblast from the rocket's ignition

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i did not realize that that would be so powerful. i would mostly be scared of my face being burnt off.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Asiina posted:

Demo and Arms Race are fun, but only for maybe 2 games.

They get old real quick.

They were basically built to warm up imo.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
Arms Race is super duper fun, but it should never be confused with CS in any way. It's basically a minigame, treat it as such and you'll have a blast.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Amoeba102 posted:

Serpentshrine and Tempest Keep were bad at first, but they fixed something and they stopped sucking, but by then it was Hyjal time which was good and fun.

... this stuff was like nearly 10 years ago. it doesn't even take into account wrath of the lich king which was the best expansion and had the best raid (ulduar).

that said there have been plenty of good raids since. as underwhelming as this latest expansion was, the raid content was well made, at least.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Did I miss party game chat?

You guys should play Guillotine. It's a really fun card-based party game where you play as an executioner during the French Revolution who wants to kill as many noblemen as possible. It takes 45 minutes per game, maximum. Machine of Death is another nice game, but I can never find anyone who wants to play because it's collaborative and not competitive.

For longer games, I really like Ticket to Ride and its infinite variations.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Man all this talk makes me miss CoD fun on XBL. CoD4, and Blops (1 and 2) were so much fun. WaW sucked. The MW games were a mixed bag, but it was hilarious being able to run around with a grenade launcher and perk that essentially gave you unlimited ammo for it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
If I had the money, I would totally get one of the next Gen consoles just to play the new CoD

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Samfucius posted:

Arms Race is super duper fun, but it should never be confused with CS in any way. It's basically a minigame, treat it as such and you'll have a blast.

Yes but when you can't play real CS with your friends because of some nonsense system where you are either too good or too bad to play with them, it's a dumb system.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
bideo bames

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Adus posted:

... this stuff was like nearly 10 years ago. it doesn't even take into account wrath of the lich king which was the best expansion and had the best raid (ulduar).

that said there have been plenty of good raids since. as underwhelming as this latest expansion was, the raid content was well made, at least.

Well I can only talk about what I played, and I quit after BC and only came back at the end of Pandalandia and played casually. I was mainly refuting Busb. Seige of Ogg and the Troll raids were fine and good too. Anything with Pandas was just plain boring. I didn't do the raids in the last xpac because I didn't have the time to play so never got around to raid finding on them.

Zone wise, Northrend dragged, Cataclysm was great, Pandaria sucked, New Outlands was a mix but I never got into it properly.
Oh and Vanilla/BC were good zonewise.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Birdstrike posted:

Camembert is powerful stuff.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

bideo bames

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

Blizzard games are too far up their own rear end.

right? they're the BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE... of video games developers

their games are so hopelessly unfun for me that i feel baffled everyone else doesn't see their games for how unnecessarily complicated and psychologically exploitative they are

best recent video games you may not have heard about dear reader:
Legend of Dungeon - a cool roguelike that you can play co-op, and if you're streaming on twitch people can send you challenges/gifts. it's way cool, way modern, and the devs are awesome, if a little awkward.

In Verbis Virtus - a game where you need to use a mic to cast spells! feel like the world's laziest wizard, reclining back and screaming at your computer for hours on end!

Chaos Reborn - a cool bluffing rpg/chess hybrid, that actually is made by the same people who made the original in the 80s if you ever played that. the graphics are sweet and imaginative, and the game is fun and competitive while offering local play (even against computers if you want to distract your kids with it)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

board games (in no particular order): Mysterium, Zombicide, Machine of Death, Betrayal at House on the Hill, One Night Ultimate Werewolf, Mascarade, King of Tokyo and my own favorite misunderstood gem: Fluxx

actually i lied, mysterium is the greatest game ever, and fluxx is the best, the absolute best when you have people who are not adversarial, but are competitive, and yet have the self control to call it quits - it's the ideal game to have fun without going overboard and getting too into it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i don't see how fluxx is misunderstood

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

busb posted:

i keep meaning to get the new wolfenstein as rtcw was the 2nd best game ever made, but i will not recommend anybody to play jrpgs like undertale because i have basic human empathy

If you don't dislike jrpgs, undertale is great. If you can't stand the genre, then I can understand not liking it though. You really should give Wolfenstein: The New Order a go, it's one of my favourite FPS games ever.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Blokus is one of my favourite board games. It's really not all that different from the board games you play as a child, but it's a really great warmup game. My friends and I would have board game night once a week at someone's house and we'd play Blokus when we first got there and/or when people were taking turns cooking, and then after dinner we'd try something more involved like Power Grid or Small World.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

PBS Newshour posted:

i don't see how fluxx is misunderstood

people keep getting angry that they can't have defined win states, and the game maybe drags on and so they say it's terrible, forgetting that gaming is about being social, and fluxx is doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing masterfully

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I enjoy a little game called chess.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ernie. posted:

people keep getting angry that they can't have defined win states and so say it's terrible, forgetting that gaming is about being social, and fluxx is doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing masterfully

i don't think that is why people dislike the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I wasn't jokin about the voting game being a fun party game. It's hella fun, also apparently a lot of people assume I am on drugs.