Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Yare yare daze ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Least favorite != Dislike

I don't dislike any JoJo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
There at least three better JoJo's before Joseph. Old Joseph is better than Young Joseph. Joseph Joestar: Mid Tier JoJo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I dislike Kakyoin. He's the Caesar of SDC.
I do like him when he's part of MILF jokes but only then.

Here's some maximum hype from the new JoJolion.
Spoilers so click at own cost.
http://i.imgur.com/WYisb0E.jpg
Scanlators got their copy in.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

what the gently caress

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Shigechi is the Caesar of DiU.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is he the Caesar because he blows up

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Partly that, mostly because he's poo poo.

I was actually joking about it but thinking about how all three of those characters in a cool and brutal way to make a villain look extremely strong does work well for the comparison.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh my god when did you turn into me

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I was always you Beef Cheifu.
I've been you all along.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nooooooooooooooo

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I dislike Kakyoin. He's the Caesar of SDC.
I do like him when he's part of MILF jokes but only then.

Here's some maximum hype from the new JoJolion.
Spoilers so click at own cost.
http://i.imgur.com/WYisb0E.jpg
Scanlators got their copy in.

nice hips

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i want to see josefumi's stand already

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
They go to see Titanic in theaters this chapter.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i would never insult my friends Kakyoin and Caesar by comparing them to Shigechi. even if they all share similar deaths.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kakyoin's one of my favorite characters in the series, please do not poo poo talk him tia

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Please poo poo talk all characters if you want to. President Valentine died for this freedom.

Except Speedwagon, as he is flawless.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress you, Aurain, you're not American. You don't get that privilege.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm half American on my mother's side actually.
Maybe.
She's adopted so there's no proof that I'm not. :colbert:

And I exercise my right as a pseudo American to say that Santana is the worst chump in all JoJo.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nah, that's Magenta Magenta

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can't wait for SBR to be animated and Magenta to be voice acted because he canonically has the shittiest voice.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHUChTS0tNY

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

I can't wait for SBR to be animated and Magenta to be voice acted because he canonically has the shittiest voice.

How many people out there are posting about their magenta magenta "thirst" the way some do about Alessi.

The world is a sick place

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Magenta's actually not too bad looking, just when he opens his mouth he's unbearable.

Alessi though, no idea.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
When we meet animated Kira, people on the internet will call him Daddy, and want to gently caress the bad hand man

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hope when they dub part 4 they get Steve Blum of Dave Wittenburg to voice Kira

just thought y'all should know that

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah, Magenta is good-looking and his worst offenses are being gross and obnoxious. There are plenty of villains who are much worse people.

Like Alessi. Who has cool hair and Stand design, and a rad axe, but not much else.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Baal posted:

I hope when they dub part 4 they get Steve Blum of Dave Wittenburg to voice Kira

just thought y'all should know that

Now I'm imagining Steve Blum saying he got a boner.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean you should always be imagining that

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Yo, imma blob posted:

I stopped watching the anime halfway through season 3 for no real reason, then when I found out part 4 was confirmed, I watched the rest within a week, then started on the manga and finally got up to date. Then I read this thread and it was like reading the manga all over again. And now I am reading the manga again, because I read this thread and it clued me into things I missed. I especially loved that big character examination on Dio from forever ago.

When I was reading I kept my eyes out for this, but I never found it: Where the gently caress is the Kakyoin reincarnation/reference? Lots of characters got one, even Abdul (real sad he didn't last). I loving love that dude and I'm so sad his last vestige was in part 3. The closest I can think of is Norisuke, because Noriaki starts the same, and -suke is kind of like an ending to put on names. But he's not very Kakyoine at all, so it's a stretch on my part trying to see what I want to see. I just love Kakyoin so much. :(

Which one was Abdul's reference?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Urmd Avdol, a racer you see for like a panel, but they do say his name

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Yo, imma blob posted:

I stopped watching the anime halfway through season 3 for no real reason, then when I found out part 4 was confirmed, I watched the rest within a week, then started on the manga and finally got up to date. Then I read this thread and it was like reading the manga all over again. And now I am reading the manga again, because I read this thread and it clued me into things I missed. I especially loved that big character examination on Dio from forever ago.

When I was reading I kept my eyes out for this, but I never found it: Where the gently caress is the Kakyoin reincarnation/reference? Lots of characters got one, even Abdul (real sad he didn't last). I loving love that dude and I'm so sad his last vestige was in part 3. The closest I can think of is Norisuke, because Noriaki starts the same, and -suke is kind of like an ending to put on names. But he's not very Kakyoine at all, so it's a stretch on my part trying to see what I want to see. I just love Kakyoin so much. :(

I feel this, but SBR is mainly a redo of Phantom Blood, so the character references that weren't from PB (Abdul, Enya, etc) were kind of incidental to the plot, or were just fun little callbacks.

Having said that, we'll see who else shows up in Jojolion.

EDIT: Anyways, I didn't see it on here yet, so here's up to Part 3 of Gold Experience Requiem. There's also this, which does a good job of demystifying Giorno's bad English translation and confirms for me that his little speeches are supposed to be similar to Jotaro's sick one liners, just...more "eloquent", I guess.

BaDandy fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 21, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Imagine if Kakyoin is just walking down the street in a panel of JoJolion and gets randomly killed by the villain.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Moltrey posted:

When we meet animated Kira, people on the internet will call him Daddy, and want to gently caress the bad hand man

i've been doing that for years though

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
I want this, but with Rohan.

I don't even want him randomly killed, I don't want him to look any different, I don't even want the focus to be on him.

I just want it to be implied that he survived Made in Heaven because he was too busy making his deadlines. I only want that one thing from Jorge Joestar to be true.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The only thing I'd want more than Rohan showing up is it turning out that Josefumi also burned down Rohan's house.

Yo, imma blob
Apr 29, 2007

have you any wool

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Imagine if Kakyoin is just walking down the street in a panel of JoJolion and gets randomly killed by the villain.

Jeeze, what a punch to the gut.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Imagine if Kakyoin is the villain, and he walks down the street and then punches himself through the gut.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

There was no Jotaro or DIO in this universe, so Kakyoin becoming evil could actually be sorta a thing maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
AltUniverse Kakyoin is going to show up in the hospital hitting on Holly