Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
Oh, and for terms,

Embrace Kerensky: Walk out of bounds on a map until you explode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Number19 posted:

Splatlas is a bad name for a robot. I hereby move that it be renamed to Angry Dad.

Secondary this, this is a good name.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
So apparently the February patch is gonna bring s few 1v1/2v2/4v4 maps that aren't art passed yet and are only available in private match, so the community can test them and give feedback

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
If you have PC Gamer camo, you might be an oldbird.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I too, prefer 8v8 over 12v12.

Also if you have the PC gamer camo, you never have to buy a black, red, or grey.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

Skoll posted:

Also if you have the PC gamer camo, you never have to buy a black, red, or grey.

This might be why all my mechs are those colors. gently caress buying colors...

Ohyeah, sent PGI an email asking for them to refund me the cbills for the three Firestarters. Got a reply back to day saying they will do it. All I gotta do is put em back in stock config and boom, 100% money back.

They sucking the dick hard to keep people playing.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Endbuster posted:

If you have PC Gamer camo, you might be an oldbird.

coconut monkey is a permanent fixture to my ddc

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Skoll posted:

the pc gamer colors looks odd on the newer mechs

which is why i bought battleship grey and a brighter red :suicide:

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn
Jul 11, 2006

You may not know it yet, but I'm your worst nightmare.
Polar Wastelands is godawful

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/The-Witcher-2-Assassins-of-Kings/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80257520824?noSplash=1

Free Witcher 2 for 360, dunno how long it'll be up. But hey, FREEEE.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.
yesssss!

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I've had alot of fun with the Stalker 5xASRM6 + 1LL build, its a shame that Polar Shitfields also means that it's rendered unusable alot of the time. I think I might have to try out that 4x ERLL build although I don't really want to :(.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

again again!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I played a couple of matches as an arctic cheetah with a narc, hoping to get polar but no dice. Was still pretty neat, though. Narc some fool and watch them get peppered. More people than usual are using LRMs.

Comrade Merf
Jun 2, 2011
I am Vrachov Molotov in game and I miss making pubbies mad by simply existing within a match with my sick WoL tag. Could I get an invite back to the group?

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

we had 3 dcs at the start of this match, might wanna see what programs your buddies are running friend.

e: as in 3/4 of our lance d/c'd at the beginning.

also Chronojam mumble spotting tonight. Give in to the hate!

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

TeeMerk posted:

we had 3 dcs at the start of this match, might wanna see what programs your buddies are running friend.

e: as in 3/4 of our lance d/c'd at the beginning.

also Chronojam mumble spotting tonight. Give in to the hate!

vodka, rum, and bourbon with a spritz of nicotine.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

liquidfire posted:

vodka, rum, and bourbon with a spritz of nicotine.

use the free name change to go back to your old one friend.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

TeeMerk posted:

use the free name change to go back to your old one friend.

its done!

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Chronojam come play robots. Remember you are no longer bound by the suicide pact.

Do it before they take brawling away again.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
I think I found a SCR-C build I like that's a little different from what's in the OP. I bought the -C because I'm new and dumb but a single gauss rifle kinda sucks, so I tried something different. Any refinements I should make?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

mashed_penguin posted:

Chronojam come play robots. Remember you are no longer bound by the suicide pact.

Do it before they take brawling away again.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

What's really dumb is that CW demonstrates that the functionality is already in the game to just let people pick the mech they want to spawn in after[ the map has loaded up.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

armchairyoda posted:

Good, here's the drunk history from a great slosh ops night:
https://soundcloud.com/lemniscate-2/the-history-of-battletech

Totally stolen from the clubhouse. Opsec!

It only plays the first 22 seconds for me the goes to next track. I also found a version on what looks like a sketchy site, but seems to work fine.

http://anymp3.co/download-the-story-of-battletech_2279308.html

I've been looking for this for a while. It's sad, I know those voices but can no longer place the usernames/IGN behind the voices. Yet, I know I used to talk with them every night for over a year.

I would re-up and Oldbird around in my 2gauss K2 and various Dads, but I just don't have time to game anymore. I'm glad to see the game has gotten better. If it's still good in 6mo/1yr I might give this game another chance. Hell, might still have a Rick Hunter Kerensky or something laying around. I still can't believe they made F4 the for real 3PV, it was a long running joke that even made it into our internal training docs. Anyone still got the link to the list of the Alt-F4 fallen?

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

ZombieApostate posted:

I think I found a SCR-C build I like that's a little different from what's in the OP. I bought the -C because I'm new and dumb but a single gauss rifle kinda sucks, so I tried something different. Any refinements I should make?

That's not bad, I've run the same. I personally don't care much for the Clan AC mechanic, but if you're going to run one I'd swap the 5 small pulse for four non-pulse mediums so your laser range matches your ballistic. If you can get a full burst of Clan AC on target you should have no problems holding the full MLAS duration. Or, if you're like me and Bad with AC spread you can swap to a LBX-20 which works well because as a SCR you can hang back and focus open targets.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

armchairyoda posted:

In keeping with the vernacular and history lessons... This never gets old*:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rh3KqxAv7J0

*to me.

I really liked this. My favorite part was that once the audio file had finished, it immediately started up on the next track, which was some random '90s-sounding Christian Rock ballad. Didn't even miss a beat from the ending line of the lecture.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Amechwarrior posted:

It only plays the first 22 seconds for me the goes to next track. I also found a version on what looks like a sketchy site, but seems to work fine.

http://anymp3.co/download-the-story-of-battletech_2279308.html

I've been looking for this for a while. It's sad, I know those voices but can no longer place the usernames/IGN behind the voices. Yet, I know I used to talk with them every night for over a year.

I would re-up and Oldbird around in my 2gauss K2 and various Dads, but I just don't have time to game anymore. I'm glad to see the game has gotten better. If it's still good in 6mo/1yr I might give this game another chance. Hell, might still have a Rick Hunter Kerensky or something laying around. I still can't believe they made F4 the for real 3PV, it was a long running joke that even made it into our internal training docs. Anyone still got the link to the list of the Alt-F4 fallen?

I think you were All Of The Kerenskys, in fact. Which means you're in this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsXuUuxkBow

Which in turn means you're an original Kerensky Squad member with me and Autsj.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
So ive developed a decent Jager-fetish by now, as soon as the cicadas are elited and sold ill be going for another 2 Jags.
Nothing in this game is as rewarding as the sound of chainfiring autocannons into something.

Whats the official best build for Jagers?
2xAC2 + 2xAC5 seems to work ok, but im not satisfied.
4xAC5 packs more punch but weighs so much youre forced to XL, and then theres not much ammo to spew.
2xAC10 perhaps?

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
The Shadow Cat feels incredibly fragile. I thought maybe I was just too used to the Cheetah but even compared to a Hunchback this thing feels like paper.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Vorenus posted:

The Shadow Cat feels incredibly fragile. I thought maybe I was just too used to the Cheetah but even compared to a Hunchback this thing feels like paper.

I honestly feel that all the Clan mechs feel really fragile.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Does an XL engine make you die more?
Wiki mentioned that destroyed engine doesnt matter, on the other hand people say XL makes you more fragile.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Vorenus posted:

It's a 45 ton medium with no structure quirks and a broad rectangular hitbox. It's nearly impossible to miss if you're shooting at one.

Put it this way: you have less armor than a Hunchback and you're much larger and easier to hit than an Arctic Cheetah so yes it will feel like paper.

Geometry + tonnage based armor is the magical formula you are looking for.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Does an XL engine make you die more?
Wiki mentioned that destroyed engine doesnt matter, on the other hand people say XL makes you more fragile.

Mechs with a non-Clan XL engine die if either one of the LT or RT is destroyed. Mechs with a Clan XL die if both LT and RT are destroyed.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Mechs with a non-Clan XL engine die if either one of the LT or RT is destroyed. Mechs with a Clan XL die if both LT and RT are destroyed.

Don't forget the heat efficiency/speed/maneuverability penalties for losing a Clan side torso. In a Cheetah you may as well be legged b/c congrats you're now a Kitfox with better hardpoints (half of which are now gone RIP). You can actually feel the pubbie hatred when you're down to a single small pulse and people are ignoring fresh assaults to finish you. Then again, that's just as likely pubbie ~~~KDR~~~ mentality.

DancingShade posted:

It's a 45 ton medium with no structure quirks and a broad rectangular hitbox. It's nearly impossible to miss if you're shooting at one.

Put it this way: you have less armor than a Hunchback and you're much larger and easier to hit than an Arctic Cheetah so yes it will feel like paper.

Geometry + tonnage based armor is the magical formula you are looking for.

The side torsos and arms are very close to my frontal armor value on the Hunchback, which doesn't have the greatest hitboxes. The only big differential in armor is the CT, and I'm noticing the squishiness a lot more but thanks for the sarcastic response there. Overall it just doesn't feel like a good mech, I'm hoping I get a better feel for how to play it.

On the topic of random sperg things, I feel like the Cheetah is the Deadpool of mechs.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lemon Curdistan posted:

This is really important and why you should not be using an XL engine in an IS mech (except lights) unless you are a certified torso twister piloting a mech with geometry blocking sacrificial shield arms.

Such as a griffin.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Yolomon Wayne posted:

So ive developed a decent Jager-fetish by now, as soon as the cicadas are elited and sold ill be going for another 2 Jags.
Nothing in this game is as rewarding as the sound of chainfiring autocannons into something.

Whats the official best build for Jagers?
2xAC2 + 2xAC5 seems to work ok, but im not satisfied.
4xAC5 packs more punch but weighs so much youre forced to XL, and then theres not much ammo to spew.
2xAC10 perhaps?

2x AC20 is like being Zeus

4x AC2 is fun, you feel like a pom pom gunner

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Vorenus posted:

Don't forget the heat efficiency/speed/maneuverability penalties for losing a Clan side torso. In a Cheetah you may as well be legged b/c congrats you're now a Kitfox with better hardpoints (half of which are now gone RIP). You can actually feel the pubbie hatred when you're down to a single small pulse and people are ignoring fresh assaults to finish you. Then again, that's just as likely pubbie ~~~KDR~~~ mentality.

I had a Direwolf spinning in circles to kill me on Canyon. I ended up overheating and shut down so he turns all the way around to try and finish me. He only tears off a torso and a leg before dying because he put his back to three other dudes. I was fully ok with trading my Cheater that already killed a Timberwolf for him, but somehow I live.

Pubbies are dumb as poo poo.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Actually had some good fun on that now Polar Wastelands Highlands map last night, but it was because we were dropping in a full 12-man and brought enough ECM and AMS to sneak our Dadlance right next to them.

Pubbie play on it is a nightmare.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
It amuses the hell out of me that goons have more or less developed their own clan commlang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

Last night I played with a super try hard lance on my team and the attempts at sounding important were hilarious. I will give the dude credit, he found out how to break Polar Highlands where the absolute best spot is.

But I heard:

"Put shots downwind"
"Focus B as in Boy"
"Slice the pizza if you're poking"
"We need 'depressing' fire"

I believe he was in character the entire time role playing IS faggots with his IS buddies in their new Warhammers. It was highly entertaining. 10/10 would play again.

• Locked thread