Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Blhue posted:

No that was just an old adtrw fan-theory so people could read a smutty thing without thinking they were weird
I'm aware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Blhue posted:

No that was just an old adtrw fan-theory so people could read a smutty thing without thinking they were weird

Yep, my theory is that he loves doing it more than the other artsy projects actually

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

No, he actively used the leverage he had with the prison school sales to get Devil Blues published in a new magazine years after the fact.

Devil Blues rules its the closest I'd say a manga comes to a classic magical realist narrative.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jiggly bits that lovingly rendered cannot be fully rendered out of spite.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'd post a picture of devil blues but last time I did zorak threatened to ban me.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Why.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Zorak was weird

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

If you post a single splash page from a licensed work you'll destroy he entire industry overnight.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I will not ban you for posting a picture of Me and the Devil Blues.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I might....

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

I will not ban you for posting a picture of Me and the Devil Blues.

It was the really cool picture of him playing his guitar for the first time after making the deal with the devil, and his fingers are bent unnaturally and the whole joint is jumping. Use your imaginations please.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

If you post a single splash page from a licensed work you'll destroy he entire industry overnight.

lmao

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

pee and the devil poos

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Sharkopath posted:

It was the really cool picture of him playing his guitar for the first time after making the deal with the devil, and his fingers are bent unnaturally and the whole joint is jumping. Use your imaginations please.

I do not have an imagination

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I took a picture of a physical copy that I have purchased and own. I hope that this does not violate Zorak's Law.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Zorak can never hurt you again.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
:rip: fellow underscore user name Sephiroth_IRA

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I took a picture of a physical copy that I have purchased and own. I hope that this does not violate Zorak's Law.

Why is there such a giant white border around the actual image?

also poo poo I quoted it I am also banned forever

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Zorak can never hurt you again.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How many fingers does that person have...?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I think it's okay to post a page or two from a licensed work, especially if it's in the interest of drumming up readership and support for said licensed work, just don't be throwing around links to places where people can read them for free.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Blhue posted:

i think that was mostly just dickeye and there is definitely something wrong with his brain

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blhue posted:

I like asses. And titties.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Sharkopath posted:

No, he actively used the leverage he had with the prison school sales to get Devil Blues published in a new magazine years after the fact.

Devil Blues rules its the closest I'd say a manga comes to a classic magical realist narrative.

Is he writing new chapters? Because if not, it only means he's making more money off his older works, which doesnt really diminish his love of talking asses.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

nerdz posted:

Is he writing new chapters? Because if not, it only means he's making more money off his older works, which doesnt really diminish his love of talking asses.
It never properly finished so I'm rear end-uming he's going to properly end it

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Thank god for the new politics

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Judging the author's love of western culture, I could almost believe prison high school was written with influences and the same level of self awareness as 80's "teen" comedies like Porky's, but I might be reading too much into it.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Captain Invictus posted:

Good

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4uTEEOJlM&feature=youtu.be&t=12

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It has often been said that I like anime tiddies.

Friends, I like anime tiddies.

No, friends, I love anime tiddies!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

nerdz posted:

Judging the author's love of western culture, I could almost believe prison high school was written with influences and the same level of self awareness as 80's "teen" comedies like Porky's, but I might be reading too much into it.
There is literally no chance it's not at least partial parody. It's definitely having its (cheese)cake and eating it too

Like read it and you'll understand, also every chapter title is the name of a hollywood movie

Waffleman_ posted:

It has often been said that I like anime tiddies.

Friends, I like anime tiddies.

No, friends, I love anime tiddies!
I do not discriminate against baps

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

nerdz posted:

[Citation needed]

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Captain Invictus posted:

I do not discriminate against baps

Voting to change our forum's name to "Donald Trump's Official Ecchi Collection".

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

fly, daddy, fly
a short story of a salaryman becoming a better person and taking revenge against the one that attacked his daughter

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Kaguya-sama Wants to be Confessed To is the greatest manga I've read in the past 12 months, and I've read Helck. It's about two prideful people who don't want to be the one to confess to the other.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Kuro

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Kuro's so good.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Kuro's good.

If you're not already reading it, DON'T.

Wait until it's finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Senerio posted:

Kaguya-sama Wants to be Confessed To is the greatest manga I've read in the past 12 months, and I've read Helck. It's about two prideful people who don't want to be the one to confess to the other.

This is loving amazing.

MUTUAL DEFEAT

• Locked thread