Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

please let me show you screenshots of all The Ladies swooning over me

TetsuoTW posted:

Literally all of your much-vaunted observations about Taiwanese culture are ones that every single other Western expat has made before. Most take less time to make them though.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth. Never said I was dropping some pristine, never-before-considered perspectives and knowledge in the thread. And if you think disapproving of the Sunflower Movement is a standard move for foreigners... well, you're wrong. Anyway, first you disagreed with what I said; then you called it superficial; and now you are saying it's all material that has been done to death. You need to pick an angle and stick with it, bro.

quadrophrenic posted:

yeah dude, by being a completely unwarranted jackass

how do you not understand this? you're not some loving witty edgelord who keeps it real, you're just a weird bitter dude who everybody thinks is a giant loving bummer

like if you're gonna be an rear end in a top hat you could at least be funny about it, but instead all you post in this thread are weirdly specific personal attacks, awkwardly shoehorned Chinese, dumb theories about social interactions, and the :lol: emote, and it's not at all enjoyable by anyone

go away, basically

See, you think I care what this :circlefap: of a handful of goons living in Taiwan thinks of me. I don't. drat, I am a broken record, but I wish you would understand that the logic you and others have applied to yourselves for supporting a (fake) coworker dating scenario is meaningless to me because I am not your friend. Instead of accepting that fact and moving on, you have continued to make poo poo posts that are bad even by poo poo post standards. "The guy we don't know doesn't approve of our friend asking out his coworker, so let's say we approve of it cuz he's our friend but in general we don't approve of it, and then try to make funny posts about how serioz buznezz he is when he points out the absurdity of this. Oh, and let's harp on the fact that he is totally not being nice to us, people he doesn't know, and that's like totally a symptom of autism or something".

God, I really wanna join the LINE group now and semi-spam you guys with the swoonings of several girls. I know it would just be so satisfying (personally, of course!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I don't care about what anyone in this thread posts either, which is why I keep posting a lot of words in it and also hinting that maybe I should be invited into the line group.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
you do you, man

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

POCKET CHOMP posted:

I don't care about what anyone in this thread posts either, which is why I keep posting a lot of words in it and also hinting that maybe I should be invited into the line group.

I'm having fun! I haven't written for fun like this in a long, long time. Writing every day for a living sometimes under some strict limitations can be exhausting.

Also, do you think I want in the LINE group so I can join you guys when you go bowling or something? I just want an easy way to screenshot my LINE conversations and share them with all of you. I'm not trying to make friends here. But if that happens, well, that would be pretty cool!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
No one gives a poo poo if the guy was for real asking out a coworker or not. The most interesting part of that conversation was discussion on why it's a bad idea to date coworkers and how it's actually semi-common among the Taiwanese themselves. No one came running to the guy's defense and said dating coworkers is totally a great idea. In fact, a lot of us have said in very plain text that we think it is usually a bad idea. We just don't wish misfortune on the guy even when we disagree with his decisions. I don't remember if I met Moon Slayer or not, but just because I'm not someone's IRL friend doesn't mean I'm going to poo poo all over them. I don't know his situation or what his relationship with the school or his coworkers is like. Maybe he's that one exception to the rule, maybe it's going to be a disaster, maybe he's making the whole thing up as some sort of bizarre form of trolling at this point. Either way, it's not going to affect my life in the slightest and beyond stating, "Well, I don't really recommend dating coworkers," I'm not really sure why it needs to be discussed so much.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Guess he can't date anymore since any relationship would have an expiry date so he has to sit in his apartment and post like the ESL Crew does. Too bad, because there are literally women crying for him and confessing their love for him at this very moment.

Sorry, missed this one. I tried dating a girl "long distance" twice (Hsinchu to Taipei first and Taichung to Hsinchu second), and both relationships ended spectacularly. 對我來説, it's 非常difficult for Taiwanese girls to have 安全感 when their boyfriend is not in the same city. Don't really wanna go for round 3. Now please ignore the 對我來説 and make a lovely post that sentence means I think all Taiwanese girls are incapable of long distance relationships.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Pandemonium posted:

I'm having fun! I haven't written for fun like this in a long, long time. Writing every day for a living sometimes under some strict limitations can be exhausting.

Also, do you think I want in the LINE group so I can join you guys when you go bowling or something? I just want an easy way to screenshot my LINE conversations and share them with all of you. I'm not trying to make friends here. But if that happens, well, that would be pretty cool!

why don't you just screenshot them and post them here if you're so interested in telling the world even more about whatever it is you're trying to tell everybody (i think it's something along the lines of "look at meeeeeeee")

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Atlas Hugged posted:

No one gives a poo poo if the guy was for real asking out a coworker or not. The most interesting part of that conversation was discussion on why it's a bad idea to date coworkers and how it's actually semi-common among the Taiwanese themselves. No one came running to the guy's defense and said dating coworkers is totally a great idea. In fact, a lot of us have said in very plain text that we think it is usually a bad idea. We just don't wish misfortune on the guy even when we disagree with his decisions. I don't remember if I met Moon Slayer or not, but just because I'm not someone's IRL friend doesn't mean I'm going to poo poo all over them. I don't know his situation or what his relationship with the school or his coworkers is like. Maybe he's that one exception to the rule, maybe it's going to be a disaster, maybe he's making the whole thing up as some sort of bizarre form of trolling at this point. Either way, it's not going to affect my life in the slightest and beyond stating, "Well, I don't really recommend dating coworkers," I'm not really sure why it needs to be discussed so much.

Neither do I. Yet here we are! The fact that other posters have tried to logic their way out of this is the best part for me. I don't remember my original post on the topic being thaaaaaaat venomous. Was it?

Edit: I did say ESL idiocy at its finest. I guess that's pretty bad. Oh well, I stand behind it. And if this was all a joke, I don't understand why all these other posters feel the need to defend a joke post. Like, what?

Pandemonium fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jan 21, 2016

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

duckfarts posted:

why don't you just screenshot them and post them here if you're so interested in telling the world even more about whatever it is you're trying to tell everybody (i think it's something along the lines of "look at meeeeeeee")

Nah, please don't mistake the point. The point is to shut up the posters who are going "yeah, sure, I'm suuuuuuurrrre you totally went on a date with a girl, I'm suuuuuurrrre she's attractive, etc., etc." not "look at meeeeeeee".

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Pandemonium posted:

Neither do I. Yet here we are! The fact that other posters have tried to logic their way out of this is the best part for me. I don't remember my original post on the topic being thaaaaaaat venomous. Was it?

As far as I can remember, it was the fact that you reacted at all to something people either didn't care about, understood from a more personal context, or assumed was a joke that threw everyone off. It's not like you don't have a reputation that precedes you that colors how half the posters in this thread respond to you regardless of what you post.

I'm also at a loss as to what attempts at logic people have made to get out of condemning the guy. I don't think the guy needs to be condemned because honestly how can you care that much and I haven't seen a single post that said, "No, this is totally a great idea." Feel free to quote someone saying that if I missed it because I genuinely don't recall. I remember someone inquiring what the stigma/problem with dating coworkers was, but I think that was genuine curiosity and not a defense.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Atlas Hugged posted:

As far as I can remember, it was the fact that you reacted at all to something people either didn't care about, understood from a more personal context, or assumed was a joke that threw everyone off. It's not like you don't have a reputation that precedes you that colors how half the posters in this thread respond to you regardless of what you post.

I'm also at a loss as to what attempts at logic people have made to get out of condemning the guy. I don't think the guy needs to be condemned because honestly how can you care that much and I haven't seen a single post that said, "No, this is totally a great idea." Feel free to quote someone saying that if I missed it because I genuinely don't recall. I remember someone inquiring what the stigma/problem with dating coworkers was, but I think that was genuine curiosity and not a defense.

Nah, most of it was "It's not a good idea, but he is our friend, so we wish him well." The one that sticks out though was the bullshit comparison someone made between dating your coworker being messy, dating someone you met because of a hobby or activity being messy, dating someone you met at a bar being messy, etc., as if to say they are all in the same category. And they ain't. They were probably intentionally being obtuse, but it wasn't funny, and it was totally in line with the other posts, so f that.

And thanks for pointing out that posters here are bad and won't actually read the content of a post but instead say "X made that post? Well, lemme just call him autistic or some other lovely no-effort post and moooooove on"!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Pandemonium posted:

Nah, most of it was "It's not a good idea, but he is our friend, so we wish him well." The one that sticks out though was the bullshit comparison someone made between dating your coworker being messy, dating someone you met because of a hobby or activity being messy, dating someone you met at a bar being messy, etc., as if to say they are all in the same category. And they ain't. They were probably intentionally being obtuse, but it wasn't funny, and it was totally in line with the other posts, so f that.

Different interpretations I guess. Dating coworkers is dumb for reasons beaten to death. And no one really went into it, but dating inside of a regular social club/group can also be super toxic to the group. There have been dozens of threads on SA over the years about that very subject. I think it's the difference between, "I met a girl at the local boardgame store and she seemed nice so I asked her for coffee after a game," and, "Us six people have been meeting twice a week for three months and now I'm going to ask out Suzy because she broke up with Bobby and she is totally hot." And a girl sitting at a bar by herself is not an invitation to hit on her and I think that's what the Goon was getting at. I'm under the impression that he's also not a native English speaker, but I can't remember off the top of my head who posted it.

But at the end of the day, I don't think the Taiwan thread is an appropriate place to hash out a goon guide to dating. I read the majority of goons being silent on the matter as confirmation of that. You read it as support of a guy dating a coworker. Whatever.

quote:

And thanks for pointing out that posters here are bad and won't actually read the content of a post but instead say "X made that post? Well, lemme just call him autistic or some other lovely no-effort post and moooooove on"!

I think you're partly right, but I also think it's worth mentioning that people do agree with some of the things you say. Most of us prefer traditional to simplified for different reasons. Most of us say dating coworkers is a bad idea. A lot of us have had difficulties with cross-cultural dating. What it comes down to is how you phrase what you say.

You'll note we both said something similar about maturity, but no one had a negative reaction to what I said. I pointed out that it was culturally normal for Taiwanese to start dating later and as a result, expectations in a relationship were different than the ones westerners of the same age had. You implied that a good rule of thumb was just to take a Taiwanese person and drop five years off their actual age to arrive at their real maturity level. They get at the same idea, that Taiwanese people can appear immature compared to westerners, but I'm providing a very specific context and justification and not applying a blanket rule. Yours can very easily be taken as casual racism or cultural superiority.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
my problem is the complete lack of nuance. It's not just "Dating a coworker is a bad idea" or even "Dating a coworker is dumb and you're dumb for wanting to do it", it's "Dating a coworker is stupid and you don't know Chinese and you're everything that's wrong with expats in Taiwan and also you're a shithead because you're an ESL teacher I bet you live in Taipei people who live in Taipei are terrible and the rest of Taiwan thinks you're disgusting subhumans which I know because I am uniquely in tune with Taiwanese customs and culture"

and all of this is said without a hint of wit or irony, it's just raw blunt malice for a guy you don't know and it reads like you have some kind of personal beef with this person who did nothing to you. it's like if you've ever had a group of friends that likes to throw shade on some 3rd party and then suddenly one of the group of friends says "hahaha yeah you're human garbage and I hope you die!" you ever experienced that? i know a few people like that. they just get caught up in the hate train and turn it way too serious way too quickly. it's a sign of poor people skills.

and your meek "but this is the internet and you can't take what I post here as indicative of my true personality!" is bunk too. i'm saying you, Pandemonium-upon-Internet, are a distinctly unpleasant person. i'm sure IRL you're a charming dude who goes on lots of dates and speaks impeccable Mandarin, but in this thread you're just obnoxious and unfun.

but none of this is gonna get through to you, so whatever

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Atlas Hugged posted:

Different interpretations I guess. Dating coworkers is dumb for reasons beaten to death. And no one really went into it, but dating inside of a regular social club/group can also be super toxic to the group. There have been dozens of threads on SA over the years about that very subject. I think it's the difference between, "I met a girl at the local boardgame store and she seemed nice so I asked her for coffee after a game," and, "Us six people have been meeting twice a week for three months and now I'm going to ask out Suzy because she broke up with Bobby and she is totally hot." And a girl sitting at a bar by herself is not an invitation to hit on her and I think that's what the Goon was getting at. I'm under the impression that he's also not a native English speaker, but I can't remember off the top of my head who posted it.

But at the end of the day, I don't think the Taiwan thread is an appropriate place to hash out a goon guide to dating. I read the majority of goons being silent on the matter as confirmation of that. You read it as support of a guy dating a coworker. Whatever.

I think you're partly right, but I also think it's worth mentioning that people do agree with some of the things you say. Most of us prefer traditional to simplified for different reasons. Most of us say dating coworkers is a bad idea. A lot of us have had difficulties with cross-cultural dating. What it comes down to is how you phrase what you say.

You'll note we both said something similar about maturity, but no one had a negative reaction to what I said. I pointed out that it was culturally normal for Taiwanese to start dating later and as a result, expectations in a relationship were different than the ones westerners of the same age had. You implied that a good rule of thumb was just to take a Taiwanese person and drop five years off their actual age to arrive at their real maturity level. They get at the same idea, that Taiwanese people can appear immature compared to westerners, but I'm providing a very specific context and justification and not applying a blanket rule. Yours can very easily be taken as casual racism or cultural superiority.

Thanks for the good post. I don't like to mince words, I guess. Especially on a site like this. You gotta mince words all day every day in polite society. I can't say I'm sorry if I people choose to interpret what I write based on a perceived tone rather than the content. But I think you're right on. If the posters in this thread wanna pretend that young Taiwanese are comparable to young Americans or Brits in terms of maturity, I guess they can ignore the fact that Taiwanese college students pretty much all live in segregated dorms with curfews, don't date until college or later, whatever, whatever. Or just ignore the point and use a buzzword like racism. It's soooooooo lazy.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The thing is the expat circle in Taichung is small enough that Panemonium and I have probably seen each other and probably talked to each other, multiple times. I can't remember how many other goons live in Taichung, I think HappyHelmet still does.

Barto
Dec 27, 2004
I can't read more than 3 or 4 sentences of a P post before my head starts hurting.
The English and Mandarin are both so bad it's really grating.
I vote for high functioning autism as well.

And also written Hakka wikipedia:
https://hak.wikipedia.org/wiki/Th%C3%A8u-Ya%CC%8Dp

Barto
Dec 27, 2004

GoutPatrol posted:

The thing is the expat circle in Taichung is small enough that Panemonium and I have probably seen each other and probably talked to each other, multiple times. I can't remember how many other goons live in Taichung, I think HappyHelmet still does.

He's a BRT of a man.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

quadrophrenic posted:

my problem is the complete lack of nuance. It's not just "Dating a coworker is a bad idea" or even "Dating a coworker is dumb and you're dumb for wanting to do it", it's "Dating a coworker is stupid and you don't know Chinese and you're everything that's wrong with expats in Taiwan and also you're a shithead because you're an ESL teacher I bet you live in Taipei people who live in Taipei are terrible and the rest of Taiwan thinks you're disgusting subhumans which I know because I am uniquely in tune with Taiwanese customs and culture"

and all of this is said without a hint of wit or irony, it's just raw blunt malice for a guy you don't know and it reads like you have some kind of personal beef with this person who did nothing to you. it's like if you've ever had a group of friends that likes to throw shade on some 3rd party and then suddenly one of the group of friends says "hahaha yeah you're human garbage and I hope you die!" you ever experienced that? i know a few people like that. they just get caught up in the hate train and turn it way too serious way too quickly. it's a sign of poor people skills.

and your meek "but this is the internet and you can't take what I post here as indicative of my true personality!" is bunk too. i'm saying you, Pandemonium-upon-Internet, are a distinctly unpleasant person. i'm sure IRL you're a charming dude who goes on lots of dates and speaks impeccable Mandarin, but in this thread you're just obnoxious and unfun.

I'm pretty sure the majority of my posts about the beaten-to-death coworker dating did not involve all the other stuff. It sure can when you decontextualize everything! And then stuff meant specifically for, say, Tetsuo, can magically be applied to every poster in this thread. You conflated a lot of information written in various contexts to make some big ole hate rage sentence. You know calling Taipei people 天龍人 is not done in malice, right? You either don't understand the term or are willfully misinterpreting it and my reference to it to make some case that ties my disapproval of your approval of friends dating coworkers to some big thing about how I look down on Taipei people and foreigners living in Taipei blah blah blah. Ask Taiwanese outside Taipei. It is true if your only frame of reference to Taiwan is Taipei, then you don't know the rest of the country. You only know Taipei and how Taipei people think. The point is this, mentioning 天龍人 is because you need to be aware of this fact and to know that people outside the Taipei bubble don't necessarily think like people in the bubble. (plural you)

Cheers for bringing in your life experiences that totally apply to the internet and totally apply to me, a stranger you know in the context of a single SA thread. To be honest, it's really unnecessary and kinda pointless. Oh, and I'd prefer if you said I was a "distinctly unpleasant poster" not "person". Thanks. Broken record again, but please don't conflate online activity with real life. I know you want to, but please try not to. Or if you must, make a more compelling case, than "it's bunk because I said so".

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

GoutPatrol posted:

Nah, trust me, we haven't. And he left Taiwan like three-ish years ago. We are good buds. Talked to him today, actually. Shows how much you are up on the Taichung goon crew, bro!

Edit: That Hakka wiki is awesome. I gotta ask my Hakka friends if they know their language has been romanized by people they don't know and looks exactly like Vietnamese. Also, I wonder which version of Hakka they went with. Is this North Taiwan Hakka, South Taiwan Hakka, Hong Kong Hakka, Malaysia Hakka? I'm so curious!

Pandemonium fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jan 21, 2016

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Nah we probably have

I bet you're the guy painting outside of Qing Mei every week

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

GoutPatrol posted:

Nah we probably have

I bet you're the guy painting outside of Qing Mei every week

Bahahahahahhaahhahahahahaha. No. No, I'm not. You're about as far off the mark as you can get. I know exactly who you are referring to, and that guy is apparently a really chill guy, but my god is he a poo poo spray painter.

(勤美 is not pinyinized as QingMei, bro. You gotta get on your pinyin game, bro. You're looking for Qin, not Qing.)

And no, I'm telling you, we haven't met. I make it a point to not meet people. I'm happy with my group of friends here being in the single digits. And I'm moving kinda soon.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Pandemonium is actually a Tawanese government AI designed to derail and irritate mainland posters so they stop harassing Taiwanese political Facebook pages. They're testing it in English first to maintain secrecy.

Come to think of it, one of my students is involved in AI programming. Jack, is this thing yours? You can turn it off now, please.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Pandemonium posted:

Bahahahahahhaahhahahahahaha. No. No, I'm not. You're about as far off the mark as you can get. I know exactly who you are referring to, and that guy is apparently a really chill guy, but my god is he a poo poo spray painter.

(勤美 is not pinyinized as QingMei, bro. You gotta get on your pinyin game, bro. You're looking for Qin, not Qing.)

And no, I'm telling you, we haven't met. I make it a point to not meet people. I'm happy with my group of friends here being in the single digits. And I'm moving kinda soon.

i dunno, I've met plenty of assholes in taichung

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pandemonium posted:

I'm pretty sure the majority of my posts about the beaten-to-death coworker dating did not involve all the other stuff. It sure can when you decontextualize everything! And then stuff meant specifically for, say, Tetsuo, can magically be applied to every poster in this thread. You conflated a lot of information written in various contexts to make some big ole hate rage sentence. You know calling Taipei people 天龍人 is not done in malice, right? You either don't understand the term or are willfully misinterpreting it and my reference to it to make some case that ties my disapproval of your approval of friends dating coworkers to some big thing about how I look down on Taipei people and foreigners living in Taipei blah blah blah. Ask Taiwanese outside Taipei. It is true if your only frame of reference to Taiwan is Taipei, then you don't know the rest of the country. You only know Taipei and how Taipei people think. The point is this, mentioning 天龍人 is because you need to be aware of this fact and to know that people outside the Taipei bubble don't necessarily think like people in the bubble. (plural you)

Cheers for bringing in your life experiences that totally apply to the internet and totally apply to me, a stranger you know in the context of a single SA thread. To be honest, it's really unnecessary and kinda pointless. Oh, and I'd prefer if you said I was a "distinctly unpleasant poster" not "person". Thanks. Broken record again, but please don't conflate online activity with real life. I know you want to, but please try not to. Or if you must, make a more compelling case, than "it's bunk because I said so".
you know if you wanted to gently caress you could've just asked

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Pandemonium posted:

I make it a point to not meet people.

People thank you.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Pandemonium posted:

I don't like to mince words

Lol what! you mince like your arse is chewing toffee. Kenneth Williams minced less than you.

You sneer with the vocabulary which unquestionably suggests you aspire to British nobility. However, you intersperse your aspirational vocabulary with lovely Chinese, and unconfident British slang.

I'm very partial to my British slang, and I take it as an affront to read the laissez-faire Jamie Oliverish shite you use.

Lastly, please don't start sentences with, Like, it makes you come across as more of an insufferable oval office than you already do.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

GoutPatrol posted:

i dunno, I've met plenty of assholes in taichung

So have I. It's one of the many reasons you won't see me at Soho street or Uptowner or Early Bird or Gonghai or any other foreign haunt.

quadrophrenic posted:

I just had to return to this for two reasons:
1) Don't bring Tumblr to SA, please--tone policing is what you are trying to do, and it's super duper lame and is the recourse of the Tumblr crowd when they have nothing of substance to contribute, which is most of the time.
and more importantly
2) I hope you recognize the irony of your real life example. You mentioned someone in a group singling out an individual to say mean poo poo to. I hope hope hope HOPE I don't have to connect the dots for you on this one. Please don't prove me wrong!

TetsuoTW posted:

you know if you wanted to gently caress you could've just asked

drat, dude, you just don't stop, do you? Kudos. So your Wikipedia-derived summary of the Taiwanese political parties with that signature wit you have was your last post that contained content since...when?

Should I post screenshots of my conversations? Should I? It's sooooooo tempting!

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
cool

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Spanish Matlock posted:

People thank you.

I lolled

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I hope this never ends :allears:

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

url posted:

Lol what! you mince like your arse is chewing toffee. Kenneth Williams minced less than you.

You sneer with the vocabulary which unquestionably suggests you aspire to British nobility. However, you intersperse your aspirational vocabulary with lovely Chinese, and unconfident British slang.

I'm very partial to my British slang, and I take it as an affront to read the laissez-faire Jamie Oliverish shite you use.

Lastly, please don't start sentences with, Like, it makes you come across as more of an insufferable oval office than you already do.

So big words what, intimidate you? I already said I'm having fun doing this. Part of the fun is throwing in a few big words every now and again extemporaneously. Like I also said (oops!), I am often forced to write under very constraining guidelines, so this is fun.

What British slang are you referring to? I've never once had the pleasure of being compared to random presumably famous British people.

I'll be sure to pass on to the publishers I work for that you think my Chinese is lovely. They probably won't hire me to write another bilingual book based on your expert opinion of the, what, ten odd characters I have thrown in posts here. I could write entirely in Chinese, but the last time I did that I got probated.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Your writing is cumbersome and imprecise and a real chore to read. I would absolutely love to know who had you write a terrible, terrible book. Post passages please. I am 100% super interested.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Pandemonium posted:

So big words what, intimidate you? I already said I'm having fun doing this. Part of the fun is throwing in a few big words every now and again extemporaneously. Like I also said (oops!), I am often forced to write under very constraining guidelines, so this is fun.

What British slang are you referring to? I've never once had the pleasure of being compared to random presumably famous British people.

I'll be sure to pass on to the publishers I work for that you think my Chinese is lovely. They probably won't hire me to write another bilingual book based on your expert opinion of the, what, ten odd characters I have thrown in posts here. I could write entirely in Chinese, but the last time I did that I got probated.

You're dull, and actually extremely poor at communicating.

Like, I bet you though that like sentence you just used was a witty retort? in actual fact it simply made you look like an infant masturbating in his own feces,... brah.

If you could post without constantly referring to your (lame) credentials, maybe, the other posters wouldn't feel like you're a simpleton with an inferiority issue.

I'd wager this thread gets a wider readership than whatever dull tome you copy pasted.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

url posted:

You're dull, and actually extremely poor at communicating.

Like, I bet you though that like sentence you just used was a witty retort? in actual fact it simply made you look like an infant masturbating in his own feces,... brah.

If you could post without constantly referring to your (lame) credentials, maybe, the other posters wouldn't feel like you're a simpleton with an inferiority issue.

I'd wager this thread gets a wider readership than whatever dull tome you copy pasted.

Again, what British slang? You failed to mention that. Did you do the same thing another poster did and see one single instance of something, in this case British slang, and you decided that everything I write is peppered with British slang? I honestly don't even know an example of British slang off the top of my head.

Constantly referring to my credentials? Man, what posts are you reading? "Constantly"? You need to choose your words more carefully. I mean, I'm not even sure of a single instance you're referring to. Oh, do you think my mentioning of publishers is meant to be a casual brag or something? Because it's not.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pandemonium posted:

Your writing is pure masturbation, and like masturbation, it's fun for you, but we sure don't need to see it.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Another zinger! My God, it never ends with Tetsuo! Keep up the good work! Ganbatte and 加油!

How's everyone preparing for the super cold cold front coming? Some of my Taiwanese friends have had their "remember to dress warm" circuits overloaded, in a cute way.

Oh, and Spanish Matlock, I think most people's writing would be "cumbersome and imprecise" if they were trying to respond to multiple shitposts in a single post while also not carrying enough to edit or organize their post beyond general topics because they know no one is actually going to read the content of what they post and instead continue making one-line poo poo posts because they are totally a "bad poster".

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pandemonium posted:

How's everyone preparing for the super cold cold front coming? Some of my Taiwanese friends have had their "remember to dress warm" circuits overloaded, in a cute way.
If it legit snows up on Yangmingshan like there's talk of, I know 100% what I'm doing this Saturday. The last time I remember that happening was a New Year's Eve, so instead of being able to play in snow I had to work all day and then went out for the coldest goddamned NYE I've ever had.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Pandemonium posted:

Another zinger! My God, it never ends with Tetsuo! Keep up the good work! Ganbatte and 加油!

Oh, and Spanish Matlock, I think most people's writing would be "cumbersome and imprecise" if they were trying to respond to multiple shitposts in a single post while also not carrying enough to edit or organize their post beyond general topics because they know no one is actually going to read the content of what they post and instead continue making one-line poo poo posts because they are totally a "bad poster".

Post your writing or gtfo.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

TetsuoTW posted:

If it legit snows up on Yangmingshan like there's talk of, I know 100% what I'm doing this Saturday. The last time I remember that happening was a New Year's Eve, so instead of being able to play in snow I had to work all day and then went out for the coldest goddamned NYE I've ever had.

there's already snow on yangmingshan, isn't there? word on the streets is that it might actually snow in the city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

quadrophrenic posted:

there's already snow on yangmingshan, isn't there? word on the streets is that it might actually snow in the city
God if that actually happens it'll be the best/worst. And if there is already snow up there, I'm sure it'll stay cold enough to hold until Saturday. I hope.