Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

zoux posted:

remember when they lost their mind because the (woman) ceo banned hate speech and internet gang stalking and this was a grave first amendment violation, ruined reddit, and forced harmless subreddits like r/watchblackpeopledieandjerkoffaboutit and r/lookatthisfatbitchnowiamthebullyahahha to go elsewhere to exercise their guaranteed free speech prtoection

their free speech

good god i hate people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
my modest proposal: death camps for these idiot mother fuckers, and also how we pay for reparations

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hahahaha how the gently caress is internet free speech real hahahahaha walk away from the computer hahaha go outside

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

zoux posted:

remember when they lost their mind because the (woman) ceo banned hate speech and internet gang stalking and this was a grave first amendment violation, ruined reddit, and forced harmless subreddits like r/watchblackpeopledieandjerkoffaboutit and r/lookatthisfatbitchnowiamthebullyahahha to go elsewhere to exercise their guaranteed free speech prtoection

The first thing they did was start jailbait and literal CP subs and Germany (where they were hosted) shut them the gently caress down

Dunno where they're hosted now

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

comes along bort posted:

she'd pick fights with anyone and everyone by blowing up minor things they said into universe-ending offenses, claiming membership in a new persecuted minority group every five minutes, and ignore anything a person said in their defense if they were foolish enough to engage her

yeah she did that to me just yesterday in fact

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

their free speech

good god i hate people

also ephebophilia is protected speach

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

paranoid randroid posted:

hahahaha how the gently caress is internet free speech real hahahahaha walk away from the computer hahaha go outside

It is against free speech to not allow me to use your website to masturbate to fifteen year olds SIR

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

berke did you see that idris elba got cast as roland deschain

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Literally The Worst posted:

It is against free speech to not allow me to use your website to masturbate to fifteen year olds SIR

wow nice chilling effect you hugbox fucko

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Reminder that Reddit literally apologized for being forced to shut down the jailbait subs

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gravel Gravy posted:

I should prolly hit up grocery store after work

Yeah there will be lots of milfs there

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

zoux posted:

he was 24 in 65

Bernie sanders is real old

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

kustomkarkommando posted:

hes only six years older than hillary

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

hes only six years older than hillary

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
correct me if im wrong but, as a privately owned space, is reddit not entitled to ban any kind of speech they drat well please

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

correct me if im wrong but, as a privately owned space, is reddit not entitled to ban any kind of speech they drat well please

there you go

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

If you are over 70 you should be barred from standing in elections.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The problem is they spent years advertising themselves as the site where the users create all the content and nothing is verboten and the discourse is shaped by quality (read popularity)

So they tricked idiots into thinking that they actually had rights and it blew up in their faces

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the "not" was a rhetorical flourish

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"is not reddit entitled"

idk w/e

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

sorry i don't read Liberal Elite Purple Prose

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

The problem is they spent years advertising themselves as the site where the users create all the content and nothing is verboten and the discourse is shaped by quality (read popularity)

So they tricked idiots into thinking that they actually had rights and it blew up in their faces

Right but that doesn't imply that as a privately owned forum, the owners aren't well within their legal rights to tell people to gently caress right off whenever they please.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Then the bern will have to sit.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Ageism, nice.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Death to old people imo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Death to old people imo

Soon

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
No, it's that white men on the Internet are, like in every part of their lives, used to being catered to, so when people tell them "you can't do this" they get hella mad.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Right but that doesn't imply that as a privately owned forum, the owners aren't well within their legal rights to tell people to gently caress right off whenever they please.

No poo poo Sherlock I'm saying this is why idiots lost their minds

The whole situation is Reddits fault from day one

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Death to old people imo

drat man, youre against pets AND grandmas

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Then the bern will have to sit.

Well that could mean only one term of Trump. How much damage can one person do in four years?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

i hate to stick up for the rights of private property owners but, hell, if it's what has to be done to contain redditors...

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Just saying the compulsory retirement age in the civil service used to be 65

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

No poo poo Sherlock I'm saying this is why idiots lost their minds

The whole situation is Reddits fault from day one

I don't really think it's Reddits "fault" tbh, so much as people being idiots about what their "first amendment rights" actually are, but meh

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
if yer speech is such hot poo poo, whycome is it free, huh?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

we few, we happy few, we band of selective service enrollees

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

is a redditor not entitled to the sweat of his racism

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Now some just go into contracting

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

apparently part of the problem with academia nowadays is you're not allowed to automatically fire old professors

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I don't really think it's Reddits "fault" tbh, so much as people being idiots about what their "first amendment rights" actually are, but meh

yeah despite heavy moderation and 10 dollars, we still are full of racist idiots and misogynist morons such as certain chat thread poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Berke Negri posted:

we few, we happy few, we band of selective service enrollees

i've always felt this was kind of dumb

• Locked thread